- Preity quashes marriage report againLanka takes 1-0 lead vs India in 1st T20Cold conditions prevail across NorthTaapsee has no YSR projectPanasonic launches P66 Mega at Rs.7,990Meet World's sexiest top modelEmraan gifts 'Azhar' first look to Azharuddin on b'dayKatrina offers prayers at Ajmer dargahVarun Dhawan in Sushant-Kriti starrerWatch Out: Salman Khan sans moustache in 'Sultan'
Defending champions India bounced back to reckoning in style with a 5-0 hammering of Sri L
Digvijay questions off-shore funding of Kejriwal's NGO & ties with US NGO 'Avaaz' Last Updated : 20 Oct 2012 03:26:20 PM IST Digvijay questions off-shore funding of Kejriwal's NGO & ties with US NGO 'Avaaz'
Stepping up his attack against Arvind Kejriwal, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh posed a number of questions to him raising doubts about off-shore funding of his NGO and ties with US based NGO Avaaz which funded unrest in Libya.
The AICC leader also sought to know Kejriwal's "relationship with US based NGO Avaaz" which, he said, has been funding civil disobedience movement in Libya, Tunisia, Egypt and Syria. Singh said, "What is the logistical and other support your anti-corruption movement received from Avaaz?"
A day after shooting off a letter to Kejriwal in which the Congress leader described him as a "self-serving ambitious megalomaniac having "streak" of Hitler, Singh today sent the activist a list of 27 questions asking him to "respond to them with clarity and honesty as you demand from others,"asking why he never raised issue of corruption in BJP-ruled states.
"Why there are no details of individual donors and Corporate donors on any website of your NGOs....Is it a fact that the NGO, Kabir, with whom you are closely associated,received 172000 USD and 197000 USD from Ford Foundation in 2005 and 2009 respectively?
"Was this foreign money used to organise seminars,advocacy, discussions, programmes, social media campaigns and publicity material related to the issue of corruption?" Singh asked.
In the backdrop of the controversy surrounding land deals of some of Kejriwal's associates including Prashant Bhusan and Anjali Damania, Singh asked the activist whether he will be "willing to take responsibility as a leader and resign from IAC or give up public life, if any of his staff members of colleagues in the IAC are found to have been involved in any irregularity."
Singh reminded while Kejriwal asked for the resignation of Law Minister Salman Khurshid for irregularity committed by people working in his Trust, he "never objected when Anna Hazare said that he ca nnot be held responsible for the action of colleagues/office-bearers in Bhrashtachar Virodhi Jan Andolan Trust".Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Preity Zinta quashes marriage report again.
- Taapsee has no YSR project
- Why Deepika Padukone is the luckiest women?
- Revealed: Why Anushka declined Kohli's marriage proposal?
- Shahid forced Karan Johar to do this for his ex Kareena Kapoor
- Emraan gifts 'Azhar' first look to Azharuddin on b'day
- Katrina offers prayers at Ajmer dargah
- Nawazuddin to star in Sohail Khan's next
- Varun Dhawan in Sushant-Kriti starrer
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Panasonic launches P66 Mega smartphone at Rs. 7,990 in New Delhi on Tuesday.