- Anushka and Virat spotted together againAamir Khan\'s special for Sanjay DuttNathuram Godse should have killed Nehru, not GandhiThunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan\'s Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1Amitabh\'s Jalsa turns star studded this DiwaliDeepika challenges Sunny Leone\'Diwali\' celebrations in picsSexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthdayRanveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'
Provisionally suspended she might be but Indian boxer L Sarita Devi has not given up hop
Digvijay questions off-shore funding of Kejriwal's NGO & ties with US NGO 'Avaaz' Last Updated : 20 Oct 2012 03:26:20 PM IST Digvijay questions off-shore funding of Kejriwal's NGO & ties with US NGO 'Avaaz'
Stepping up his attack against Arvind Kejriwal, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh posed a number of questions to him raising doubts about off-shore funding of his NGO and ties with US based NGO Avaaz which funded unrest in Libya.
The AICC leader also sought to know Kejriwal's "relationship with US based NGO Avaaz" which, he said, has been funding civil disobedience movement in Libya, Tunisia, Egypt and Syria. Singh said, "What is the logistical and other support your anti-corruption movement received from Avaaz?"
A day after shooting off a letter to Kejriwal in which the Congress leader described him as a "self-serving ambitious megalomaniac having "streak" of Hitler, Singh today sent the activist a list of 27 questions asking him to "respond to them with clarity and honesty as you demand from others,"asking why he never raised issue of corruption in BJP-ruled states.
"Why there are no details of individual donors and Corporate donors on any website of your NGOs....Is it a fact that the NGO, Kabir, with whom you are closely associated,received 172000 USD and 197000 USD from Ford Foundation in 2005 and 2009 respectively?
"Was this foreign money used to organise seminars,advocacy, discussions, programmes, social media campaigns and publicity material related to the issue of corruption?" Singh asked.
In the backdrop of the controversy surrounding land deals of some of Kejriwal's associates including Prashant Bhusan and Anjali Damania, Singh asked the activist whether he will be "willing to take responsibility as a leader and resign from IAC or give up public life, if any of his staff members of colleagues in the IAC are found to have been involved in any irregularity."
Singh reminded while Kejriwal asked for the resignation of Law Minister Salman Khurshid for irregularity committed by people working in his Trust, he "never objected when Anna Hazare said that he ca nnot be held responsible for the action of colleagues/office-bearers in Bhrashtachar Virodhi Jan Andolan Trust".
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood star kid Aaradhya Bachchan celebrated the festival of light, Diwli with her fami
- Sadashiv Amrapurkar critically ill
- Anushka and Virat spotted together again
- Katie Price wants to sell breast implants to fan
- Rajinikanth first look in ‘Lingaa’
- We will never remake 'Awara': Randhir Kapoor
- Lindsay Lohan gets upset when asked about imprisonment
- Madonna's memorabilia collection to go on sale
- Aamir Khan's special for Sanjay Dutt
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country