- Aishwarya to marry Rohit Nag in DelhiParineeti Chopra spends time in LondonDiandra's love gift to Gautam on birthdayVarun Dhawan in 'Badlapur'PICS: Ye hai Bombay meri jaan! Listen songWhy Salman missed Arpita's house warming partySonam most stylish celebrity in Bollywood: RodricksPriyanka turns brand ambassador of UnnatiTanisha not afraid to \'Go Pink\'PICS of new BMW cars
Pele is responding well to antibiotics to treat a urinary tract infection and his conditio
Digvijay questions off-shore funding of Kejriwal's NGO & ties with US NGO 'Avaaz' Last Updated : 20 Oct 2012 03:26:20 PM IST Digvijay questions off-shore funding of Kejriwal's NGO & ties with US NGO 'Avaaz'
Stepping up his attack against Arvind Kejriwal, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh posed a number of questions to him raising doubts about off-shore funding of his NGO and ties with US based NGO Avaaz which funded unrest in Libya.
The AICC leader also sought to know Kejriwal's "relationship with US based NGO Avaaz" which, he said, has been funding civil disobedience movement in Libya, Tunisia, Egypt and Syria. Singh said, "What is the logistical and other support your anti-corruption movement received from Avaaz?"
A day after shooting off a letter to Kejriwal in which the Congress leader described him as a "self-serving ambitious megalomaniac having "streak" of Hitler, Singh today sent the activist a list of 27 questions asking him to "respond to them with clarity and honesty as you demand from others,"asking why he never raised issue of corruption in BJP-ruled states.
"Why there are no details of individual donors and Corporate donors on any website of your NGOs....Is it a fact that the NGO, Kabir, with whom you are closely associated,received 172000 USD and 197000 USD from Ford Foundation in 2005 and 2009 respectively?
"Was this foreign money used to organise seminars,advocacy, discussions, programmes, social media campaigns and publicity material related to the issue of corruption?" Singh asked.
In the backdrop of the controversy surrounding land deals of some of Kejriwal's associates including Prashant Bhusan and Anjali Damania, Singh asked the activist whether he will be "willing to take responsibility as a leader and resign from IAC or give up public life, if any of his staff members of colleagues in the IAC are found to have been involved in any irregularity."
Singh reminded while Kejriwal asked for the resignation of Law Minister Salman Khurshid for irregularity committed by people working in his Trust, he "never objected when Anna Hazare said that he ca nnot be held responsible for the action of colleagues/office-bearers in Bhrashtachar Virodhi Jan Andolan Trust".
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The curvy bombshell Esha Gupta turned 29 on November 28. The former beauty queen and Bolly
- Aishwarya to marry Rohit Nag in Delhi
- I feel at ease doing romantic movies as well: Ajay
- Parineeti Chopra spends time in London
- Diandra's love gift to Gautam on birthday
- Varun Dhawan in 'Badlapur'
- Get ready to watch Salman, SRK and Aamir together
- 'My Husband made me a Prostitute'
- Sonam turns sporty bride for 'Dolly Ki Doli'
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Tablet sales in the country grew by 10 per cent to about 940,000 units in July-September