- Stars at Filmfare Glamour and Style AwardsList of Big Ticket movies of 2016I want to dominate globally: PriyankaThe journey of AIDS in last 27 yearsMicrosoft launches Win 10-powered smartphone for Rs 43,699SRK reaches children for road safetyAkshay-Twinkle's dinner date at Taj'Tamasha' collects 38.23 crores in opening weekendI'm not getting married: Preity ZintaKatrina Kaif sports a short hairdo
Country's number one singles player Yuki Bhambri lost two places to be 93rd while Somdev D
Digvijay questions off-shore funding of Kejriwal's NGO & ties with US NGO 'Avaaz' Last Updated : 20 Oct 2012 03:26:20 PM IST Digvijay questions off-shore funding of Kejriwal's NGO & ties with US NGO 'Avaaz'
Stepping up his attack against Arvind Kejriwal, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh posed a number of questions to him raising doubts about off-shore funding of his NGO and ties with US based NGO Avaaz which funded unrest in Libya.
The AICC leader also sought to know Kejriwal's "relationship with US based NGO Avaaz" which, he said, has been funding civil disobedience movement in Libya, Tunisia, Egypt and Syria. Singh said, "What is the logistical and other support your anti-corruption movement received from Avaaz?"
A day after shooting off a letter to Kejriwal in which the Congress leader described him as a "self-serving ambitious megalomaniac having "streak" of Hitler, Singh today sent the activist a list of 27 questions asking him to "respond to them with clarity and honesty as you demand from others,"asking why he never raised issue of corruption in BJP-ruled states.
"Why there are no details of individual donors and Corporate donors on any website of your NGOs....Is it a fact that the NGO, Kabir, with whom you are closely associated,received 172000 USD and 197000 USD from Ford Foundation in 2005 and 2009 respectively?
"Was this foreign money used to organise seminars,advocacy, discussions, programmes, social media campaigns and publicity material related to the issue of corruption?" Singh asked.
In the backdrop of the controversy surrounding land deals of some of Kejriwal's associates including Prashant Bhusan and Anjali Damania, Singh asked the activist whether he will be "willing to take responsibility as a leader and resign from IAC or give up public life, if any of his staff members of colleagues in the IAC are found to have been involved in any irregularity."
Singh reminded while Kejriwal asked for the resignation of Law Minister Salman Khurshid for irregularity committed by people working in his Trust, he "never objected when Anna Hazare said that he ca nnot be held responsible for the action of colleagues/office-bearers in Bhrashtachar Virodhi Jan Andolan Trust".Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Oscar-winning actress Kate Winslet is battling bladder issues after confessing she has adu
- It's a Goa wedding for Sanaya and Mohit
- Salman to launch brother-in-law
- 'I don't drop my pants just like that'
- Video: Govinda slapped a press reporter years back
- Stars at Filmfare Glamour and Style Awards
- List of Big Ticket movies of 2016
- Priyanka Chopra hits 4 million fans on Instagram
- I want to dominate globally: Priyanka
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl