- Unknown facts about Shahid KapoorPriyanka Chopra to attend 2017 OscarsSelect right jewellery for wedding functionsPlastic surgery goes wrong for Ayesha TakiaMy scenes in 'Rangoon' were cut: Kangana RanautA fasting diet may help to reverse diabetes'Rangoon': An impressively immersive filmMahashivaratri Wallpapers and Facebook imagesDeepika denies doing remake of 'Mr & Mrs. Smith'This is what Kareena expects from Rangoon
American tennis player Serena Williams led the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) world rank
Digvijay questions off-shore funding of Kejriwal's NGO & ties with US NGO 'Avaaz' Last Updated : 20 Oct 2012 03:26:20 PM IST Digvijay questions off-shore funding of Kejriwal's NGO & ties with US NGO 'Avaaz'
Stepping up his attack against Arvind Kejriwal, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh posed a number of questions to him raising doubts about off-shore funding of his NGO and ties with US based NGO Avaaz which funded unrest in Libya.
The AICC leader also sought to know Kejriwal's "relationship with US based NGO Avaaz" which, he said, has been funding civil disobedience movement in Libya, Tunisia, Egypt and Syria. Singh said, "What is the logistical and other support your anti-corruption movement received from Avaaz?"
A day after shooting off a letter to Kejriwal in which the Congress leader described him as a "self-serving ambitious megalomaniac having "streak" of Hitler, Singh today sent the activist a list of 27 questions asking him to "respond to them with clarity and honesty as you demand from others,"asking why he never raised issue of corruption in BJP-ruled states.
"Why there are no details of individual donors and Corporate donors on any website of your NGOs....Is it a fact that the NGO, Kabir, with whom you are closely associated,received 172000 USD and 197000 USD from Ford Foundation in 2005 and 2009 respectively?
"Was this foreign money used to organise seminars,advocacy, discussions, programmes, social media campaigns and publicity material related to the issue of corruption?" Singh asked.
In the backdrop of the controversy surrounding land deals of some of Kejriwal's associates including Prashant Bhusan and Anjali Damania, Singh asked the activist whether he will be "willing to take responsibility as a leader and resign from IAC or give up public life, if any of his staff members of colleagues in the IAC are found to have been involved in any irregularity."
Singh reminded while Kejriwal asked for the resignation of Law Minister Salman Khurshid for irregularity committed by people working in his Trust, he "never objected when Anna Hazare said that he ca nnot be held responsible for the action of colleagues/office-bearers in Bhrashtachar Virodhi Jan Andolan Trust".loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
A record number of wins by black stars, a Muslim actor winning for the first time, the vic
- Amitabh Bachchan walks fashion ramp for charity
- Oscars 2017 celebrate diversity, marred by goof-ups
- Rani Mukerji confirms comeback with 'Hichki'
- Oscars 2017: Oops! Moment
- Priyanka Chopra looks divine at Oscars 2017
- Dev Patel attends Oscars with mother
- Om Puri honoured at Oscars 2017
- Asghar Farhadi's 'The Salesman' wins Best Foreign Language Film
If you are living in a neighbourhood surrounded by trees and shrubs, with birds chirping
Chinese smartphone maker Gionee on Monday launched a new line up of A series smartphones -