- Ten hot scenes of 2014Stars at Dino Morea's bashWill Katrina celebrate Christmas with Ranbir's family?Praneet Bhatt's journey in 'Bigg Boss 8'Cold continues in north IndiaApp for Surajkund Mela soonWhat is Shahid Kapoor hiding?Bollywood icons we lost in 2014, view picsPK is a wonderful piece of cinemaArpita-Ayush honeymoon pics
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
Negativity can damage India's image: Manmohan Last Updated : 10 Oct 2012 11:29:27 PM IST File photo of Prime Minister Of India Manmohan Singh.
Manmohan decried creation of "mindless atmosphere of negativity and pessimism" on the corruption issue and promised to strengthen the anti-graft law by including corporate failure to prevent bribery as a new offence besides other steps.
"The mindless atmosphere of negativity and pessimism that is sought to be created over the issue of corruption can do us no good. It can only damage the nation's image and hit the morale of the executive," he said.
With his government facing increasing attacks on the corruption issue from the opposition and activists, Singh said a clear and unambiguous definition of corruption is being sought to be provided through amendments to plug gaps in the Prevention of Corruption Act and bringing it in line with international practices.
Mindless atmosphere of negativity can damage India's image: Manmohan
Addressing the annual conference of CBI and State Anti-Corruption Bureaux, Singh said experience has shown that "big ticket corruption" was mostly related to operations by large commercial entities.
"A clear and unambiguous definition for the term 'corruption', covering both the supply and demand sides, is being sought to be provided," he said.
Singh said a proposal is also being mooted to include corporate failure to prevent bribery as a new offence on the supply side.
"I would like to stress upon the need to protect honest public servants and keep the morale of the executive intact with our commitment," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The makers of Sushant Singh Rajput, Anand Tiwari and Swastika Mukherjee starrer 'Detective
- Ten hot scenes of 2014
- Stars at Dino Morea's bash
- Will Katrina celebrate Christmas with Ranbir's family?
- Praneet Bhatt's journey in 'Bigg Boss 8'
- What is Shahid Kapoor hiding?
- Bollywood icons we lost in 2014, view pics
- Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif in 'Jagga Jasoos'
- Video: When Rajkumar Hirani rejected Anushka Sharma
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
Homegrown handset maker Lava on Tuesday launched a new smartphone -- Iris Fuel 60 -- offer