- Know all about Yuvraj-Hazel December weddingSmall screen celebrities who were fired from their jobsDid you find SRK in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil''Banjo': tedious, but braveMovie review 'Parched'These Bollywood films get affected by MNS diktatIncomplete Bollywood love storiesBollywood Biopics, saluting sports spiritExplore spiritual getaways in IndiaLagaan... based ride finds place at Dubai theme park
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday congratulated Indian medallists at the recently-hel
Govt approves 12th Five Year Plan Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 09:10:03 PM IST File photo of India's Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
The government on Thursday approved the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) document that seeks to achieve annual average economic growth rate of 8.2 per cent, down from from 9 per cent envisaged earlier, in view of fragile global recovery.
"The Union Cabinet also discussed the draft 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) and approved the draft and directed the that the draft be placed before the National Development Council (NDC)," Finance Minister P Chidambaram told reporters in New Delhi.
"It is an ambitious Plan. It estimates resources at an ambitious level and hope to expand the interventions in critical areas like health, education, drinking water, sanitation," he said.
He further said, "The projected average rate gross capital formation in the 12th Plan is 37 per cent of GDP. The projected gross domestic savings rate is 34.2 per cent of GDP and the net external financing needed for macro economic balance has been placed at 2.9 per cent of GDP.
"Plan emphasises the need for speeding up the implementation of infrastructure projects".
The 12th Plan document has already been approved by the full Planning Commission chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on September 15.
Now, the document will be placed before the National Development Council (NDC), the apex decision making body, for final approval.
The NDC headed by the Prime Minister with all Chief Ministers and Cabinet Ministers on board, is the final authority to approve the five-year long policy document.
In view of the ongoing global problems, the average annual growth target for the 12th Plan has been scaled down at 8.2 per cent from 9 per cent envisaged in the Approach Paper to the 12th Plan.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Veteran actor Anupam Kher says it is really important for Pakistani actors to say that "I
- 'Modern Family' to feature transgender child actor
- When Tanya Sharma turned English teacher for poor
- Watch second trailer of 'Mirzya'
- Lisa Haydon announces her marriage
- Aarti Chabria wants to assist Farah Khan
- Film Festivals purest form of education for budding filmmakers: Arjun Kapoor
- April Florio tired of being linked to Brad Pitt
- Birthday special: Famous sayings by Yash Chopra
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
Samsung India on Tuesday launched its 4G and VOLTE-enabled smartphone Galaxy On8 with a ho