- How to look gorgeous beyond 30sSushant begins preparation for 'Chanda Mama Door Ke'Deepika's Hollywood debut mints over $300 mn worldwide'Jolly LLB 2' enters 100 crore clubAkshay, Bhumi wrap 'Toilet: Ek Prem Katha'Bharti gearing up for her winter weddingRanbir's look from Sanjay Dutt's biopic leakedRanveer, Anushka cast vote for civic body pollsProtect your skin from sun with home care tipsIttefaq shoot begins with Shah Rukh Khan
Elite Kenyan runners competing at the Tokyo marathon on Sunday will be targeting two bir
Govt approves 12th Five Year Plan Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 09:10:03 PM IST File photo of India's Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
The government on Thursday approved the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) document that seeks to achieve annual average economic growth rate of 8.2 per cent, down from from 9 per cent envisaged earlier, in view of fragile global recovery.
"The Union Cabinet also discussed the draft 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) and approved the draft and directed the that the draft be placed before the National Development Council (NDC)," Finance Minister P Chidambaram told reporters in New Delhi.
"It is an ambitious Plan. It estimates resources at an ambitious level and hope to expand the interventions in critical areas like health, education, drinking water, sanitation," he said.
He further said, "The projected average rate gross capital formation in the 12th Plan is 37 per cent of GDP. The projected gross domestic savings rate is 34.2 per cent of GDP and the net external financing needed for macro economic balance has been placed at 2.9 per cent of GDP.
"Plan emphasises the need for speeding up the implementation of infrastructure projects".
The 12th Plan document has already been approved by the full Planning Commission chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on September 15.
Now, the document will be placed before the National Development Council (NDC), the apex decision making body, for final approval.
The NDC headed by the Prime Minister with all Chief Ministers and Cabinet Ministers on board, is the final authority to approve the five-year long policy document.
In view of the ongoing global problems, the average annual growth target for the 12th Plan has been scaled down at 8.2 per cent from 9 per cent envisaged in the Approach Paper to the 12th Plan.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The makers of the "Jolly LLB" franchise on Wednesday confirmed that there will be a third
- 'Lion' to be specially screened for underprivileged kids
- Sushant begins preparation for 'Chanda Mama Door Ke'
- Pics:Deepika's Hollywood debut mints over $300 mn worldwide
- We hardly celebrate good cinema in India: Tannishtha Chatterjee
- Madhavan releases 'Vikram Vedha' first poster
- Dhanush to reunite with 'Kodi' director
- 'Rangoon' role not based on anybody living or dead: Kangana
- 'Ghulaam' actor to be part of 'Nach Baliye 8'
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Emphasising on building a gaming ecosystem in India, printing and personal computer major