- Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up callVijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for freeYami Gautam flaunts bridal avatar at ICW 2016Did Sunny Leone actually sing the National Anthem incorrectly?Anamika's collection impresses fashionistas at ICW 2016'Kabali' fails to live up to hypeMy father cut me off when I was 18: Sonam KapoorKabali may topple Sultan's 300 crore plan5 irresistible reasons to watch Kabali
Dutee Chand is sprinting hard and she has her aim set -- the coveted gold medal at the Rio
Govt approves 12th Five Year Plan Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 09:10:03 PM IST File photo of India's Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
The government on Thursday approved the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) document that seeks to achieve annual average economic growth rate of 8.2 per cent, down from from 9 per cent envisaged earlier, in view of fragile global recovery.
"The Union Cabinet also discussed the draft 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) and approved the draft and directed the that the draft be placed before the National Development Council (NDC)," Finance Minister P Chidambaram told reporters in New Delhi.
"It is an ambitious Plan. It estimates resources at an ambitious level and hope to expand the interventions in critical areas like health, education, drinking water, sanitation," he said.
He further said, "The projected average rate gross capital formation in the 12th Plan is 37 per cent of GDP. The projected gross domestic savings rate is 34.2 per cent of GDP and the net external financing needed for macro economic balance has been placed at 2.9 per cent of GDP.
"Plan emphasises the need for speeding up the implementation of infrastructure projects".
The 12th Plan document has already been approved by the full Planning Commission chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on September 15.
Now, the document will be placed before the National Development Council (NDC), the apex decision making body, for final approval.
The NDC headed by the Prime Minister with all Chief Ministers and Cabinet Ministers on board, is the final authority to approve the five-year long policy document.
In view of the ongoing global problems, the average annual growth target for the 12th Plan has been scaled down at 8.2 per cent from 9 per cent envisaged in the Approach Paper to the 12th Plan.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Kangana Ranaut looked every inch a Mughal empress as she walked for Manav Gangwani
- Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once
- 'Kabali' mints Rs 11.4 crore in north India in two days
- 'Mission Tiger' makers urge government to declare film tax-free
- 'Madaari' is a 'must watch', says Kejriwal
- Twinkle slams Naseeruddin for calling father 'poor actor'
- 'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up call
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' sets new box office record on opening day
- Shyam Kaushal choreographs action scene for 'Kaabil'
We humans are always cross the limits ― in events like skydiving, downhill skiing, car r
A US-based startup has launched a smart laptop shell that turns your Android smartphone i