- Rani shares a pic of Adira on first birthdayReasons why you should not miss BefikreFive tips to create cosy living roomSuffering from high BP? Try yogaDeepika Padukone named sexiest Asian womanSee what makes Dharmendra blush even at this age'Feeling much better now,' tweets Dilip KumarSee how bold was JayalalithaaLook who looked best at Manish Malhotra's Golden JubileeEven the death certificate of Jayalalithaa goes viral
Indias Ruchita Vinerkar claimed bronze in the womens 10m Air Pistol, the last event of th
Govt approves 12th Five Year Plan Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 09:10:03 PM IST File photo of India's Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
The government on Thursday approved the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) document that seeks to achieve annual average economic growth rate of 8.2 per cent, down from from 9 per cent envisaged earlier, in view of fragile global recovery.
"The Union Cabinet also discussed the draft 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) and approved the draft and directed the that the draft be placed before the National Development Council (NDC)," Finance Minister P Chidambaram told reporters in New Delhi.
"It is an ambitious Plan. It estimates resources at an ambitious level and hope to expand the interventions in critical areas like health, education, drinking water, sanitation," he said.
He further said, "The projected average rate gross capital formation in the 12th Plan is 37 per cent of GDP. The projected gross domestic savings rate is 34.2 per cent of GDP and the net external financing needed for macro economic balance has been placed at 2.9 per cent of GDP.
"Plan emphasises the need for speeding up the implementation of infrastructure projects".
The 12th Plan document has already been approved by the full Planning Commission chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on September 15.
Now, the document will be placed before the National Development Council (NDC), the apex decision making body, for final approval.
The NDC headed by the Prime Minister with all Chief Ministers and Cabinet Ministers on board, is the final authority to approve the five-year long policy document.
In view of the ongoing global problems, the average annual growth target for the 12th Plan has been scaled down at 8.2 per cent from 9 per cent envisaged in the Approach Paper to the 12th Plan.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
On the eve on her first birthday, Rani Mukerji, who tied the knot with long time beau Adit
- Did Rajinikanth turn down Aamir's offer?
- Reasons why you should not miss 'Befikre'
- Pics:Deepika Padukone named sexiest Asian woman
- Russell Crowe cleared in Azealia Banks case
- See what makes Dharmendra blush even at this age
- "Feeling much better now," tweets Dilip Kumar
- Raees trailer: Shah Rukh Khan like never before
- Rajinikanth, Suriya pay last respects to Cho Ramaswamy
Doctors in a UAE hospital are celebrating the successful delivery of its smallest patient,
Bharti Airtel on Thursday launched two new bundled packs for its prepaid customers wit