- No baby right now, says Bipasha BasuWhy is Ranveer, Deepika avoiding each otherArjun, Shraddha in 'Half Girlfriend' first posterChaitra Navratri: Goddess Shailputri worshiped on Day 1Video games may help combat depressionFIRST LOOK: Kirti Kulhari in 'Indu Sarkar'Taking time to have a personal life: Selena Gomez6 American Tv shows Indians love to watchGionee A1 smartphone: Delight for selfie-loversFeeling beautiful begins with feeling confident, says Deepika
Spain and Italy eased past their opponents to stay unbeaten in Group G of the 2018 footba
Govt approves 12th Five Year Plan Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 09:10:03 PM IST File photo of India's Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
The government on Thursday approved the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) document that seeks to achieve annual average economic growth rate of 8.2 per cent, down from from 9 per cent envisaged earlier, in view of fragile global recovery.
"The Union Cabinet also discussed the draft 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) and approved the draft and directed the that the draft be placed before the National Development Council (NDC)," Finance Minister P Chidambaram told reporters in New Delhi.
"It is an ambitious Plan. It estimates resources at an ambitious level and hope to expand the interventions in critical areas like health, education, drinking water, sanitation," he said.
He further said, "The projected average rate gross capital formation in the 12th Plan is 37 per cent of GDP. The projected gross domestic savings rate is 34.2 per cent of GDP and the net external financing needed for macro economic balance has been placed at 2.9 per cent of GDP.
"Plan emphasises the need for speeding up the implementation of infrastructure projects".
The 12th Plan document has already been approved by the full Planning Commission chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on September 15.
Now, the document will be placed before the National Development Council (NDC), the apex decision making body, for final approval.
The NDC headed by the Prime Minister with all Chief Ministers and Cabinet Ministers on board, is the final authority to approve the five-year long policy document.
In view of the ongoing global problems, the average annual growth target for the 12th Plan has been scaled down at 8.2 per cent from 9 per cent envisaged in the Approach Paper to the 12th Plan.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Bipasha Basu has denied all rumours about being pregnant and says curiosity about
- Why is Ranveer, Deepika avoiding each other
- Arjun, Shraddha in 'Half Girlfriend' first poster
- FIRST LOOK: Kirti Kulhari in 'Indu Sarkar'
- VIDEO: Huma Qureshi on 28-day detox
- NTR's leaked look from his next film goes viral
- Taking time to have a personal life: Selena Gomez
- 6 American Tv shows Indians love to watch
- Feeling beautiful begins with feeling confident, says Deepika
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
At a time when margins are razor-thin in the fast-growing domestic smartphone market, any