- Lava launches- Lava A88, A71, and X11Bollywood's most lovable dreaded villain- Pran!Mughal Gardens open for publicMovie Review Fitoor: A dampener all the wayRanveer, Deepika to spend Valentine's Day in TorontoAnushka learns wrestling for 'Sultan'Bollywood's all time romantic couples!What do Bollywood celebs fear?Katrina bored with 'hardworking' tag, wants poetic adjectives'Kapoor and Sons' special to all of us: Karan Johar
Nestle has terminated a sponsorship programme with world athletics' governing body (IAAF)
Govt approves 12th Five Year Plan Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 09:10:03 PM IST File photo of India's Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
The government on Thursday approved the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) document that seeks to achieve annual average economic growth rate of 8.2 per cent, down from from 9 per cent envisaged earlier, in view of fragile global recovery.
"The Union Cabinet also discussed the draft 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) and approved the draft and directed the that the draft be placed before the National Development Council (NDC)," Finance Minister P Chidambaram told reporters in New Delhi.
"It is an ambitious Plan. It estimates resources at an ambitious level and hope to expand the interventions in critical areas like health, education, drinking water, sanitation," he said.
He further said, "The projected average rate gross capital formation in the 12th Plan is 37 per cent of GDP. The projected gross domestic savings rate is 34.2 per cent of GDP and the net external financing needed for macro economic balance has been placed at 2.9 per cent of GDP.
"Plan emphasises the need for speeding up the implementation of infrastructure projects".
The 12th Plan document has already been approved by the full Planning Commission chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on September 15.
Now, the document will be placed before the National Development Council (NDC), the apex decision making body, for final approval.
The NDC headed by the Prime Minister with all Chief Ministers and Cabinet Ministers on board, is the final authority to approve the five-year long policy document.
In view of the ongoing global problems, the average annual growth target for the 12th Plan has been scaled down at 8.2 per cent from 9 per cent envisaged in the Approach Paper to the 12th Plan.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Nargis Fakhri made her debut in Bollywood with the romantic movie 'Rockstar' oppos
- Bollywood's most lovable dreaded villain- Pran!
- John shares new poster of 'Rocky Handsome'
- Movie Review Fitoor: A dampener all the way
- Ranveer, Deepika to spend Valentine's Day in Toronto
- Anushka learns wrestling for 'Sultan'
- SRK fined Rs.1.93 lakh for illegal ramp outside 'Mannat'
- Bollywood's all time romantic couples!
- Mallika Sherawat clicks Power selfie with Obama
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Lava has expanded its 4G range with the addition of 3 new smartphones - A71, A88 and X11.