- All you want to know about Bhajji's weddingSidharth, Katrina celebrate \'Baar Baar Dekho\' wrapFinal list of \'Bigg Boss 9\' inmatesActress who were physically assaultedWhen Big B was chased by a tiger for 4 kmKarisma\'s ex hubby to marry his ex girlfriendWhat a comeback Aishwarya!Aditi Rao Hydri goes toplessSridevi's daughter Khushi kisses Jack GilinskyJab Kareena met Mira and Shahid met Saif
The Indian hockey team had a disappointing start to their four-Test series as they suffere
Govt approves 12th Five Year Plan Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 09:10:03 PM IST File photo of India's Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
The government on Thursday approved the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) document that seeks to achieve annual average economic growth rate of 8.2 per cent, down from from 9 per cent envisaged earlier, in view of fragile global recovery.
"The Union Cabinet also discussed the draft 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) and approved the draft and directed the that the draft be placed before the National Development Council (NDC)," Finance Minister P Chidambaram told reporters in New Delhi.
"It is an ambitious Plan. It estimates resources at an ambitious level and hope to expand the interventions in critical areas like health, education, drinking water, sanitation," he said.
He further said, "The projected average rate gross capital formation in the 12th Plan is 37 per cent of GDP. The projected gross domestic savings rate is 34.2 per cent of GDP and the net external financing needed for macro economic balance has been placed at 2.9 per cent of GDP.
"Plan emphasises the need for speeding up the implementation of infrastructure projects".
The 12th Plan document has already been approved by the full Planning Commission chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on September 15.
Now, the document will be placed before the National Development Council (NDC), the apex decision making body, for final approval.
The NDC headed by the Prime Minister with all Chief Ministers and Cabinet Ministers on board, is the final authority to approve the five-year long policy document.
In view of the ongoing global problems, the average annual growth target for the 12th Plan has been scaled down at 8.2 per cent from 9 per cent envisaged in the Approach Paper to the 12th Plan.
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood newbie Athiya Shetty, will walk the ramp for designers Rohit Gandhi and Rahul Kh
- Sidharth, Katrina celebrate 'Baar Baar Dekho' wrap
- Final list of 'Bigg Boss 9' inmates
- Watch Salman Khan's 'Prem Leela' in 'PRDP'
- Konkona elated with 'Talvar' success
- Actress who were physically assaulted
- When Big B was chased by a tiger for 4 km
- Karisma's ex hubby to marry his ex girlfriend
- What a comeback Aishwarya!
A dog in the US had to be rescued after it accidentally knocked its owner's idling truck i
Microsoft launched LUMIA 640 LTE 4G device priced at Rs 17,399 with an aim to widen its po