- What Katrina Kaif eatsSmriti Irani, from sweeper at McDonald to union ministerTaylor Swifts strips clothesJacqueline Fernandez\'s stylish looks in RoyGauri, Sussanne, Twinkle freak out togetherKiss me not, my dear!I feel comfortable in saree: PaoliBollywood’s couples in live-in-relationship, view picsNigaar Khan quits \'Bigg Boss 8\'Salman Khan’s rivals turned-friends
Despite being the table toppers with 19 points from 10 games, Chennayin FC player-cum-man
Govt approves 12th Five Year Plan Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 09:10:03 PM IST File photo of India's Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
The government on Thursday approved the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) document that seeks to achieve annual average economic growth rate of 8.2 per cent, down from from 9 per cent envisaged earlier, in view of fragile global recovery.
"The Union Cabinet also discussed the draft 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) and approved the draft and directed the that the draft be placed before the National Development Council (NDC)," Finance Minister P Chidambaram told reporters in New Delhi.
"It is an ambitious Plan. It estimates resources at an ambitious level and hope to expand the interventions in critical areas like health, education, drinking water, sanitation," he said.
He further said, "The projected average rate gross capital formation in the 12th Plan is 37 per cent of GDP. The projected gross domestic savings rate is 34.2 per cent of GDP and the net external financing needed for macro economic balance has been placed at 2.9 per cent of GDP.
"Plan emphasises the need for speeding up the implementation of infrastructure projects".
The 12th Plan document has already been approved by the full Planning Commission chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on September 15.
Now, the document will be placed before the National Development Council (NDC), the apex decision making body, for final approval.
The NDC headed by the Prime Minister with all Chief Ministers and Cabinet Ministers on board, is the final authority to approve the five-year long policy document.
In view of the ongoing global problems, the average annual growth target for the 12th Plan has been scaled down at 8.2 per cent from 9 per cent envisaged in the Approach Paper to the 12th Plan.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The diet secret of Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif is out
- Nicole Kidman happy to be bad girl
- Taylor Swifts strips clothes
- Jacqueline Fernandez's stylish looks in Roy
- I was the inspiration behind Aamir's role in '3 Idiots': Vidhu Vinod Chopra
- Gauri, Sussanne, Twinkle freak out together
- Mother is behind SRK's successful journey
- Diandra and Gautam's friendship is not genuine: Nigaar
- PICS: I feel most comfortable in saree: Paoli
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Nokia is not going to give up easily as the company has now come up with a new tablet.