- KaranAyushmann, Bhumi in Hindi remake of 'Kalyana Samayal Saadham'SRK to appear on Salman Khan's 'Tubelight'Film fest in Delhi pays homage to Om PuriPics: 'Miss Sloane' to release in India on February 3SRK's conversations with son AbRamTiger population booms in IndiaPHOTOS: Sidharth Malhotra's lavish birthday partyShimla, Manali wrapped in snowMy fashion sense was quite outrageous: Kangana Ranaut
The Indian U-17 football World Cup team lost 0-1 against Iran in the Granatkin Tournament
Govt approves 12th Five Year Plan Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 09:10:03 PM IST File photo of India's Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
The government on Thursday approved the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) document that seeks to achieve annual average economic growth rate of 8.2 per cent, down from from 9 per cent envisaged earlier, in view of fragile global recovery.
"The Union Cabinet also discussed the draft 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) and approved the draft and directed the that the draft be placed before the National Development Council (NDC)," Finance Minister P Chidambaram told reporters in New Delhi.
"It is an ambitious Plan. It estimates resources at an ambitious level and hope to expand the interventions in critical areas like health, education, drinking water, sanitation," he said.
He further said, "The projected average rate gross capital formation in the 12th Plan is 37 per cent of GDP. The projected gross domestic savings rate is 34.2 per cent of GDP and the net external financing needed for macro economic balance has been placed at 2.9 per cent of GDP.
"Plan emphasises the need for speeding up the implementation of infrastructure projects".
The 12th Plan document has already been approved by the full Planning Commission chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on September 15.
Now, the document will be placed before the National Development Council (NDC), the apex decision making body, for final approval.
The NDC headed by the Prime Minister with all Chief Ministers and Cabinet Ministers on board, is the final authority to approve the five-year long policy document.
In view of the ongoing global problems, the average annual growth target for the 12th Plan has been scaled down at 8.2 per cent from 9 per cent envisaged in the Approach Paper to the 12th Plan.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan on Wednesday thanked his supporters after getting acquitte
- Every decade has brought something new: Amitabh Bachchan
- Like doing things which are tough, says Hrithik
- Deepika confess romancing with Ven Diesel
- Priyanka back to work after injury
- As the drama unfolded before Salman Khan's acquittal, read details
- Mona Lisa celebrates haldi inside 'Bigg Boss' house
- Why Javed Akhtar still rules the roost at this age
- Pics: Why people love Dangal girl Zaira
When "Kaa" the hypnotic, yellowish Indian Rock Python hisses and casts a spell on Mowgli i
Samsung India on Tuesday announced the launch of its new smartphone powerhouse 'Galaxy C9