- See sexy cleavage of Vaani KapoorMovies: Kareena\'s loss is others gainWorld\'s most expensive supercarDeepika Padukone's Ranveer effectSalman Khan ridicules Aamir KhanAmericans excited over Shah Rukh Khan\'s \'Slam\' tourHrithik crowns Miss Gujarati JalsoArjun Kapoor skips Mithibai college visit1.5 lakh people still marooned, says Omar AbdullahOMG! Armaan, Tanishaa call it quit
National badminton coach Pullela Gopichand is all set to expand his network of coaching f
Govt approves 12th Five Year Plan Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 09:10:03 PM IST File photo of India's Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
The government on Thursday approved the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) document that seeks to achieve annual average economic growth rate of 8.2 per cent, down from from 9 per cent envisaged earlier, in view of fragile global recovery.
"The Union Cabinet also discussed the draft 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) and approved the draft and directed the that the draft be placed before the National Development Council (NDC)," Finance Minister P Chidambaram told reporters in New Delhi.
"It is an ambitious Plan. It estimates resources at an ambitious level and hope to expand the interventions in critical areas like health, education, drinking water, sanitation," he said.
He further said, "The projected average rate gross capital formation in the 12th Plan is 37 per cent of GDP. The projected gross domestic savings rate is 34.2 per cent of GDP and the net external financing needed for macro economic balance has been placed at 2.9 per cent of GDP.
"Plan emphasises the need for speeding up the implementation of infrastructure projects".
The 12th Plan document has already been approved by the full Planning Commission chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on September 15.
Now, the document will be placed before the National Development Council (NDC), the apex decision making body, for final approval.
The NDC headed by the Prime Minister with all Chief Ministers and Cabinet Ministers on board, is the final authority to approve the five-year long policy document.
In view of the ongoing global problems, the average annual growth target for the 12th Plan has been scaled down at 8.2 per cent from 9 per cent envisaged in the Approach Paper to the 12th Plan.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Jas Arora is all set to share the screen with none other than Sunny Leone.
- 'Satyamev Jayate' to start from Oct 5th
- See sexy cleavage of Vaani Kapoor
- Movies: Kareena's loss is others gain
- Deepika Padukone's Ranveer effect
- Salman Khan ridicules Aamir Khan
- Americans excited over Shah Rukh Khan's 'Slam' tour
- Aamir would consider Rajya Sabha nomination
- I am more than just a pretty face: Imran
Lord Hanuman has managed to get an Aadhaar card made, but there are no takers for it.
Computer peripherals player Intex Technologies has launched a smartphone priced at Rs 2,