- Shraddha ages in 'Haseena...'How to dress right for office in summerVIP voting in MCD polls amid EVM glitches'Half Girlfriend' to release across 1600 Indian screensPick banana, melon, cold milk to fight acidityPeople within showbiz don't judge women: Ruslaan Mumtaz'Noor': Says so much without seeming to say anythingReal reason why Abhi-Aish will not celebrate their anniversaryShah Rukh finds it tough to describe himselfDress up right this summer
Indian star Rohan Bopanna and his Uruguayan partner Pablo Cuevas defeated the Spanish team
Govt approves 12th Five Year Plan Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 09:10:03 PM IST File photo of India's Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
The government on Thursday approved the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) document that seeks to achieve annual average economic growth rate of 8.2 per cent, down from from 9 per cent envisaged earlier, in view of fragile global recovery.
"The Union Cabinet also discussed the draft 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) and approved the draft and directed the that the draft be placed before the National Development Council (NDC)," Finance Minister P Chidambaram told reporters in New Delhi.
"It is an ambitious Plan. It estimates resources at an ambitious level and hope to expand the interventions in critical areas like health, education, drinking water, sanitation," he said.
He further said, "The projected average rate gross capital formation in the 12th Plan is 37 per cent of GDP. The projected gross domestic savings rate is 34.2 per cent of GDP and the net external financing needed for macro economic balance has been placed at 2.9 per cent of GDP.
"Plan emphasises the need for speeding up the implementation of infrastructure projects".
The 12th Plan document has already been approved by the full Planning Commission chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on September 15.
Now, the document will be placed before the National Development Council (NDC), the apex decision making body, for final approval.
The NDC headed by the Prime Minister with all Chief Ministers and Cabinet Ministers on board, is the final authority to approve the five-year long policy document.
In view of the ongoing global problems, the average annual growth target for the 12th Plan has been scaled down at 8.2 per cent from 9 per cent envisaged in the Approach Paper to the 12th Plan.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Shraddha Kapoor has given a glimpse of her younger and older looks in the upcoming
- Stars wish Varun Dhawan on birthday
- Google honours Kannada superstar Rajkumar with doodle
- Sonakshi performing at Bieber's India gig not a good message: Kailash
- Big B reshoots for 'Sarkar 3'
- British fashion model Neelam Gill to accompany Justin Bieber for India gig
- Now censorship on television ?
- Auto driver's son gets Bieber's concert ticket for free
- Allu Arjun's DJ to release on June 23
A man in Pakistan's Punjab province has been surviving on leaves and wood for the last 25
Days after Samsung launched its flagship devices Galaxy S8 and S8+, its South Korean rival