- Sania wants to maintain No. 1 positionSexy Malaika wants to turn choreographerBig B enjoying homemade stories of little AaradhayaSonam Kapoor humbled to play 'Neerja Bhanot'Anushka taking career's biggest riskArjun Rampal growing beard for 'Daddy'Who is playing Aamir Khan's daughter in Dangal?PICS:Rahul blames Modi for snatching land from farmersWhy Sunny Leone is better than Sherlyn Chopra and Rakhi SawantNew 'Jurassic World' poster unveiled
Indian tennis star Sania Mirza says she would do all it takes to maintain her world number
Govt approves 12th Five Year Plan Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 09:10:03 PM IST File photo of India's Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
The government on Thursday approved the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) document that seeks to achieve annual average economic growth rate of 8.2 per cent, down from from 9 per cent envisaged earlier, in view of fragile global recovery.
"The Union Cabinet also discussed the draft 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) and approved the draft and directed the that the draft be placed before the National Development Council (NDC)," Finance Minister P Chidambaram told reporters in New Delhi.
"It is an ambitious Plan. It estimates resources at an ambitious level and hope to expand the interventions in critical areas like health, education, drinking water, sanitation," he said.
He further said, "The projected average rate gross capital formation in the 12th Plan is 37 per cent of GDP. The projected gross domestic savings rate is 34.2 per cent of GDP and the net external financing needed for macro economic balance has been placed at 2.9 per cent of GDP.
"Plan emphasises the need for speeding up the implementation of infrastructure projects".
The 12th Plan document has already been approved by the full Planning Commission chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on September 15.
Now, the document will be placed before the National Development Council (NDC), the apex decision making body, for final approval.
The NDC headed by the Prime Minister with all Chief Ministers and Cabinet Ministers on board, is the final authority to approve the five-year long policy document.
In view of the ongoing global problems, the average annual growth target for the 12th Plan has been scaled down at 8.2 per cent from 9 per cent envisaged in the Approach Paper to the 12th Plan.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Malaika Arora Khan wants to turn choreographer for movies after showing off her da
- Big B enjoying homemade stories of little Aaradhaya
- Sonam Kapoor humbled to play 'Neerja Bhanot'
- Anushka taking career's biggest risk
- Know the Truth behind Shahid's No to 'XXX'!
- Arjun Rampal growing beard for 'Daddy'
- Calvin Harris is allergic to Taylor Swift's cats
- Kylie Jenner doesn't want to be a model
- Kevin James uses a Segway to control his children.
The sight of driverless Delhi Metro trains whizzing past stations, crowded and deserted, i
Running out of battery? Yell at your phone to charge it!