- How to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healedVarun Gandhi is a happily married man5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHMDiva's Karwa Chauth 2016Indian cricketers visit territorial army camp'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fans
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
Samsung launches 3G-connected camera for Rs 29,900 Last Updated : 23 Nov 2012 06:32:39 PM IST File photo
Electronics major Samsung on Friday launched its 3G-powered Galaxy Camera in the country for Rs 29,900, which allows users to directly share pictures and videos on social networking sites.
"... There is a large trend of consumers connecting online and sharing pictures and videos. This product is directed at people who like taking pictures and would want to share them with their friends on the go," Samsung Mobile Vice-President Asim Warsi told reporters here.
Earlier this year, Nikon had also unveiled an Android-based camera, Coolpix S800c, priced at Rs 20,950. However, it connected to the Internet using only WiFi.
The Samsung product uses 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. It features a 16-megapixel sensor with 21x optical zoom. It is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos processor.
"The camera is powered by Android 4.1 OS, so you can run virtually any Android app on this camera. Sans voice calling, one can do everything possible on the device that one can on a smartphone," Warsi said.
Asked about the targetted sales, Warsi said the "connected camera" market is still in nascent stages and it will launch more products to grow the segment. "This a totally new category and we are looking at sales of a few lakh units in the first year," Warsi said.
The Indian digital camera market, which comprises point and shoot and DSLRs, saw sales of about 2 million units last year. Samsung claims to have single digit market share in the space.
Samsung India has tied up with Airtel to offer 1GB of free data per month for two months and will also bundle an additional battery for limited period.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan's bodyguard Gurmeet Singh alias Shera and three of his acc
- 'Kahaani 2' trailer leaves a strong impact
- Filmmaking has become a business: Jaya Bachchan
- VOOT to bring exclusive content from 'Bigg Boss' house
- Pak artistes may not attend Goa arts festival
- I choose a film that I can do justice to: Vidya Balan
- Deepika Padukone to present award at MTV Europe Music Awards
- Siddharth Roy Kapur quits Disney India for own business venture
- KJo run-ins with political parties’ every-time before release
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Bharti Airtel on Wednesday launched an affordable 10-day validity pack for international r