- Can't tolerate bullying: Kangana RanautAbRam gets magic in SRK's lifeUnknown facts about Shahid KapoorPriyanka Chopra to attend 2017 OscarsSelect right jewellery for wedding functionsPlastic surgery goes wrong for Ayesha TakiaMy scenes in 'Rangoon' were cut: Kangana RanautA fasting diet may help to reverse diabetes'Rangoon': An impressively immersive filmMahashivaratri Wallpapers and Facebook images
Sanjeev Rajput finished fifth in the mens 50m Rifle 3 Positions event on a disappointing d
Samsung launches 3G-connected camera for Rs 29,900 Last Updated : 23 Nov 2012 06:32:39 PM IST File photo
Electronics major Samsung on Friday launched its 3G-powered Galaxy Camera in the country for Rs 29,900, which allows users to directly share pictures and videos on social networking sites.
"... There is a large trend of consumers connecting online and sharing pictures and videos. This product is directed at people who like taking pictures and would want to share them with their friends on the go," Samsung Mobile Vice-President Asim Warsi told reporters here.
Earlier this year, Nikon had also unveiled an Android-based camera, Coolpix S800c, priced at Rs 20,950. However, it connected to the Internet using only WiFi.
The Samsung product uses 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. It features a 16-megapixel sensor with 21x optical zoom. It is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos processor.
"The camera is powered by Android 4.1 OS, so you can run virtually any Android app on this camera. Sans voice calling, one can do everything possible on the device that one can on a smartphone," Warsi said.
Asked about the targetted sales, Warsi said the "connected camera" market is still in nascent stages and it will launch more products to grow the segment. "This a totally new category and we are looking at sales of a few lakh units in the first year," Warsi said.
The Indian digital camera market, which comprises point and shoot and DSLRs, saw sales of about 2 million units last year. Samsung claims to have single digit market share in the space.
Samsung India has tied up with Airtel to offer 1GB of free data per month for two months and will also bundle an additional battery for limited period.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Kangana credits her success and failures to her growth in Bollywood. "Every single day has
- Fire at warehouse, film city in Bengal, no injuries
- Pics; AbRam gets magic in SRK's life
- No one should instruct adults what to watch: Motwane
- Very rewarding: Taapsee on watching 'Pink' with President
- Kabir Khan slams CBFC for refusing certificate to 'Lipstick...'
- Unknown facts about Shahid Kapoor
- Priyanka Chopra to attend 2017 Oscars
- Big B, Taapsee to watch 'Pink' with President
If you are living in a neighbourhood surrounded by trees and shrubs, with birds chirping
Number of Facebook users across the globe were locked out of their accounts due to an erro