- Hottie Katrina copies SonakshiBollywood hunks we loveDogs can be pessimists too!My action avatar in \'Bang Bang\' was self discovery,says HrithikExpansion plan for Lotus TemplePics: Shahrukh beats Salman and Aamir Khan; find out where\'Happy New Year\' talks with US mediaImages: Hot south indian actress Anushka Shetty getting married?Aamir wants no item girls in B-woodPics: Check out Bollywood hunk John Abraham's new bike
Five-time world champion Viswanathan Anand took a decisive step towards his second big t
Samsung launches 3G-connected camera for Rs 29,900 Last Updated : 23 Nov 2012 06:32:39 PM IST File photo
Electronics major Samsung on Friday launched its 3G-powered Galaxy Camera in the country for Rs 29,900, which allows users to directly share pictures and videos on social networking sites.
"... There is a large trend of consumers connecting online and sharing pictures and videos. This product is directed at people who like taking pictures and would want to share them with their friends on the go," Samsung Mobile Vice-President Asim Warsi told reporters here.
Earlier this year, Nikon had also unveiled an Android-based camera, Coolpix S800c, priced at Rs 20,950. However, it connected to the Internet using only WiFi.
The Samsung product uses 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. It features a 16-megapixel sensor with 21x optical zoom. It is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos processor.
"The camera is powered by Android 4.1 OS, so you can run virtually any Android app on this camera. Sans voice calling, one can do everything possible on the device that one can on a smartphone," Warsi said.
Asked about the targetted sales, Warsi said the "connected camera" market is still in nascent stages and it will launch more products to grow the segment. "This a totally new category and we are looking at sales of a few lakh units in the first year," Warsi said.
The Indian digital camera market, which comprises point and shoot and DSLRs, saw sales of about 2 million units last year. Samsung claims to have single digit market share in the space.
Samsung India has tied up with Airtel to offer 1GB of free data per month for two months and will also bundle an additional battery for limited period.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone’s hottest avatar in movie Happy New Year has been rev
- Hottie Katrina copies Sonakshi
- ‘Dawat-e-Ishq’ beats ‘Khoobsurat’ at BO
- Watch Trailer of ‘Bhopal: A Prayer for Rain’
- Bollywood hunks we love
- My action avatar in 'Bang Bang' was self discovery,says Hrithik
- 'Deadpool' set for release in 2016
- Pics: Shahrukh beats Salman and Aamir Khan; find out where
- 'Happy New Year' talks with US media
Generally we see dogs as a cheerful and playful animal. However, they too can be pessimist
Feature phone maker Jivi has launched its first affordable smartphone. The handset is pr