- Beyonce opts for Indian dress againMughal Gardens to open on Friday'Jism 3' most boldest erotic thrillerRakhi Sawant wants to become a porn star nowDeepika will get intimate with Vin DieselSalman Khan wants children without marriage!Teddy Day 2016 wallpaper, images, greetingsVarun Dhawan to star in 'Judwaa 2'Salman goes clean-shaven in new look of 'Sultan'Preity quashes marriage report again
Defending champions India bounced back to reckoning in style with a 5-0 hammering of Sri L
Samsung launches 3G-connected camera for Rs 29,900 Last Updated : 23 Nov 2012 06:32:39 PM IST File photo
Electronics major Samsung on Friday launched its 3G-powered Galaxy Camera in the country for Rs 29,900, which allows users to directly share pictures and videos on social networking sites.
"... There is a large trend of consumers connecting online and sharing pictures and videos. This product is directed at people who like taking pictures and would want to share them with their friends on the go," Samsung Mobile Vice-President Asim Warsi told reporters here.
Earlier this year, Nikon had also unveiled an Android-based camera, Coolpix S800c, priced at Rs 20,950. However, it connected to the Internet using only WiFi.
The Samsung product uses 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. It features a 16-megapixel sensor with 21x optical zoom. It is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos processor.
"The camera is powered by Android 4.1 OS, so you can run virtually any Android app on this camera. Sans voice calling, one can do everything possible on the device that one can on a smartphone," Warsi said.
Asked about the targetted sales, Warsi said the "connected camera" market is still in nascent stages and it will launch more products to grow the segment. "This a totally new category and we are looking at sales of a few lakh units in the first year," Warsi said.
The Indian digital camera market, which comprises point and shoot and DSLRs, saw sales of about 2 million units last year. Samsung claims to have single digit market share in the space.
Samsung India has tied up with Airtel to offer 1GB of free data per month for two months and will also bundle an additional battery for limited period.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Beyonce Knowles opts for Indian designers creation again.
- Sidharth to spend V-Day with Katrina
- 'Jism 3' most boldest erotic thriller
- Look who just hated Katrina Kaif!!!
- Parineeti Chopra turns a singer!
- Rakhi Sawant wants to become a porn star now
- Deepika will get intimate with Vin Diesel
- Salman Khan wants children without marriage!
- Govinda gets two weeks to apologise in a slapping incident
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Panasonic launches P66 Mega smartphone at Rs. 7,990 in New Delhi on Tuesday.