- Watch Sunny Leone, Poonam celebrating HoliPICS:Why Sofia wants to see Hrithik Roshan naked?World\'s most complete Stegosaurus dinosaurBollywood\'s Bold BabesSonam Kapoor thanks fans for get well soon wishesHoli celebration across IndiaWatch Alia Bhatt\'s second homeNow Dilip Shanghvi is the richest IndianSpring collection for KidsPICS: Koalas killed in Australia due to starving
Barcelona eased into their fourth Copa del Rey final in five years as they completed a 6-2
Samsung launches 3G-connected camera for Rs 29,900 Last Updated : 23 Nov 2012 06:32:39 PM IST File photo
Electronics major Samsung on Friday launched its 3G-powered Galaxy Camera in the country for Rs 29,900, which allows users to directly share pictures and videos on social networking sites.
"... There is a large trend of consumers connecting online and sharing pictures and videos. This product is directed at people who like taking pictures and would want to share them with their friends on the go," Samsung Mobile Vice-President Asim Warsi told reporters here.
Earlier this year, Nikon had also unveiled an Android-based camera, Coolpix S800c, priced at Rs 20,950. However, it connected to the Internet using only WiFi.
The Samsung product uses 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. It features a 16-megapixel sensor with 21x optical zoom. It is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos processor.
"The camera is powered by Android 4.1 OS, so you can run virtually any Android app on this camera. Sans voice calling, one can do everything possible on the device that one can on a smartphone," Warsi said.
Asked about the targetted sales, Warsi said the "connected camera" market is still in nascent stages and it will launch more products to grow the segment. "This a totally new category and we are looking at sales of a few lakh units in the first year," Warsi said.
The Indian digital camera market, which comprises point and shoot and DSLRs, saw sales of about 2 million units last year. Samsung claims to have single digit market share in the space.
Samsung India has tied up with Airtel to offer 1GB of free data per month for two months and will also bundle an additional battery for limited period.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
When Holi is round the corner, can anyone forget all-time hit Bollywood songs?
- Watch Sunny Leone, Poonam celebrating Holi
- PICS:Why Sofia wants to see Hrithik Roshan naked?
- Bollywood's Bold Babes
- Sonam Kapoor thanks fans for get well soon wishes
- Konkona plays pivotal role in film on Aarushi murder case
- Justin Bieber poses shirtless for magazine
- Watch Alia Bhatt's second home
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni's Wife Sakshi Tweets First Picture of Daughter Ziva
The world's most complete specimen of a Stegosaurus dinosaur dating back to 150 million ye
Department of Telecom (DoT) has received a request from an intelligence agency to block t