- Salman attends sister's receptionFirst teaser of 'Azhar' unveiledTWMR: Watch one Kangna get one free, and it is a joyride all wayUnknown facts about 12 class CBSE topper M GayatriPriyanka caught having sex in carSalma defends banning of selfiesSEE PHOTOS: Sexy kim-West celebrate first wedding anniversary in royal moodIrrfan turns suave for \'Jazbaa\'Mumbai Indians capture 2nd IPL titleSexy Vanessa facing tendinitis
India's Deepa Kumari has been promoted as the international hockey umpire by the Internati
Samsung launches 3G-connected camera for Rs 29,900 Last Updated : 23 Nov 2012 06:32:39 PM IST File photo
Electronics major Samsung on Friday launched its 3G-powered Galaxy Camera in the country for Rs 29,900, which allows users to directly share pictures and videos on social networking sites.
"... There is a large trend of consumers connecting online and sharing pictures and videos. This product is directed at people who like taking pictures and would want to share them with their friends on the go," Samsung Mobile Vice-President Asim Warsi told reporters here.
Earlier this year, Nikon had also unveiled an Android-based camera, Coolpix S800c, priced at Rs 20,950. However, it connected to the Internet using only WiFi.
The Samsung product uses 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. It features a 16-megapixel sensor with 21x optical zoom. It is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos processor.
"The camera is powered by Android 4.1 OS, so you can run virtually any Android app on this camera. Sans voice calling, one can do everything possible on the device that one can on a smartphone," Warsi said.
Asked about the targetted sales, Warsi said the "connected camera" market is still in nascent stages and it will launch more products to grow the segment. "This a totally new category and we are looking at sales of a few lakh units in the first year," Warsi said.
The Indian digital camera market, which comprises point and shoot and DSLRs, saw sales of about 2 million units last year. Samsung claims to have single digit market share in the space.
Samsung India has tied up with Airtel to offer 1GB of free data per month for two months and will also bundle an additional battery for limited period.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Salman Khan attended sister Arpita wedding reception in Mandi.
- First teaser of 'Azhar' unveiled
- Rutherford win custody battle
- Kim Kardashian celebrates anniversary
- Katy Perry avoiding ex-husband
- Gallagher sick of mistakes
- TWMR: Watch one Kangna get one free, and it is a joyride all way
- Naomi Campbell had "the best birthday in the world"
- Actress-comedian Anne Meara passed away
An ancient aqueduct built more than 2,000 years ago to transport water into the city of Je
Government is setting up a centre that will detect malicious programmes like 'botnets' and