- Know all about Yuvraj-Hazel December weddingSmall screen celebrities who were fired from their jobsDid you find SRK in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil''Banjo': tedious, but braveMovie review 'Parched'These Bollywood films get affected by MNS diktatIncomplete Bollywood love storiesBollywood Biopics, saluting sports spiritExplore spiritual getaways in IndiaLagaan... based ride finds place at Dubai theme park
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday congratulated Indian medallists at the recently-hel
Samsung launches 3G-connected camera for Rs 29,900 Last Updated : 23 Nov 2012 06:32:39 PM IST File photo
Electronics major Samsung on Friday launched its 3G-powered Galaxy Camera in the country for Rs 29,900, which allows users to directly share pictures and videos on social networking sites.
"... There is a large trend of consumers connecting online and sharing pictures and videos. This product is directed at people who like taking pictures and would want to share them with their friends on the go," Samsung Mobile Vice-President Asim Warsi told reporters here.
Earlier this year, Nikon had also unveiled an Android-based camera, Coolpix S800c, priced at Rs 20,950. However, it connected to the Internet using only WiFi.
The Samsung product uses 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. It features a 16-megapixel sensor with 21x optical zoom. It is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos processor.
"The camera is powered by Android 4.1 OS, so you can run virtually any Android app on this camera. Sans voice calling, one can do everything possible on the device that one can on a smartphone," Warsi said.
Asked about the targetted sales, Warsi said the "connected camera" market is still in nascent stages and it will launch more products to grow the segment. "This a totally new category and we are looking at sales of a few lakh units in the first year," Warsi said.
The Indian digital camera market, which comprises point and shoot and DSLRs, saw sales of about 2 million units last year. Samsung claims to have single digit market share in the space.
Samsung India has tied up with Airtel to offer 1GB of free data per month for two months and will also bundle an additional battery for limited period.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Neeraj Pandey plans to head out for a "long break" just two days before his latest 'baby',
- Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'
- Famous bold lip-locks of B-town divas we can never forget
- Being a celebrity isn't a piece of cake: Raveena Tandon
- Kailash Kher's latest video for Swachh Bharat!
- Musical tribute to Jagjit Singh by 'Tum Bin 2' makers
- Salman gets inspired from Indiana Jones
- I've lived an unpredictable life: Nimrat Kaur
- Chris Martin calls Katrina 'Katrina Kaif Kapoor'
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
With a focus on tech-savvy consumers who need compact machines with on-the-go printing f