- Andamans gets a leg-up to showcase heritageFIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'Care for your hair in simple steps this summer!Uttarakhand turns to trekking to boost tourist footfalls'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: SurveySteps to buy sunglassesGo the foreign way while munching French friesBaaghi collects 35 crores in opening weekendBipasha shares her 'monkey wedding' picsBig B gets inspiration from fans' love
FIFA's acting secretary general, the German-Swiss Markus Kattner, was dismissed with immed
Samsung launches 3G-connected camera for Rs 29,900 Last Updated : 23 Nov 2012 06:32:39 PM IST File photo
Electronics major Samsung on Friday launched its 3G-powered Galaxy Camera in the country for Rs 29,900, which allows users to directly share pictures and videos on social networking sites.
"... There is a large trend of consumers connecting online and sharing pictures and videos. This product is directed at people who like taking pictures and would want to share them with their friends on the go," Samsung Mobile Vice-President Asim Warsi told reporters here.
Earlier this year, Nikon had also unveiled an Android-based camera, Coolpix S800c, priced at Rs 20,950. However, it connected to the Internet using only WiFi.
The Samsung product uses 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. It features a 16-megapixel sensor with 21x optical zoom. It is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos processor.
"The camera is powered by Android 4.1 OS, so you can run virtually any Android app on this camera. Sans voice calling, one can do everything possible on the device that one can on a smartphone," Warsi said.
Asked about the targetted sales, Warsi said the "connected camera" market is still in nascent stages and it will launch more products to grow the segment. "This a totally new category and we are looking at sales of a few lakh units in the first year," Warsi said.
The Indian digital camera market, which comprises point and shoot and DSLRs, saw sales of about 2 million units last year. Samsung claims to have single digit market share in the space.
Samsung India has tied up with Airtel to offer 1GB of free data per month for two months and will also bundle an additional battery for limited period.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Sushmita Sen, the first Indian to clinch the prestigious Miss Universe crown in 19
- Kangana Ranaut attends VERO MODA store launch, unveils new line
- Ayushmann tries Chaplin-inspired look for 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'
- Big B 'nervous' about singing in 'TE3N'
- Mallika Sherawat's selfie moment with Mads Mikkelsen
- Sonam Kapoor gives desi twist to her look for amfAR Gala
- Are Hrithik-Sussane considering a comeback
- Ranbir's rumored girfriend is already engaged
- Sarabjit movie review
While playing with your pooch at home helps evoke love and compassion in you, researchers
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
Video: Man showed private parts in bus beaten by women
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Coolpad on Friday launched a new smartphone that comes wit