- Was Jaya Bachchan a peacemaker at Arpita Khan's wedding?Is Katrina Kaif signing no films after 2016?It's a boy for Riteish-GeneliaMeet Jayalaxmi the new nightingaleSalman kissed girlfriend JaqualineVanessa Hudgens gets restraining orderFilm Savita Barbie: Shanti Dynamite Out, Gehana InGauri Khan's day out with her momSunny Leone asks Rs 4 crore to judge RoadiesInside stories of Arpita Khan's wedding
Upbeat over winning the China Open title and moving up to the fourth spot in the latest BW
Samsung launches 3G-connected camera for Rs 29,900 Last Updated : 23 Nov 2012 06:32:39 PM IST File photo
Electronics major Samsung on Friday launched its 3G-powered Galaxy Camera in the country for Rs 29,900, which allows users to directly share pictures and videos on social networking sites.
"... There is a large trend of consumers connecting online and sharing pictures and videos. This product is directed at people who like taking pictures and would want to share them with their friends on the go," Samsung Mobile Vice-President Asim Warsi told reporters here.
Earlier this year, Nikon had also unveiled an Android-based camera, Coolpix S800c, priced at Rs 20,950. However, it connected to the Internet using only WiFi.
The Samsung product uses 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. It features a 16-megapixel sensor with 21x optical zoom. It is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos processor.
"The camera is powered by Android 4.1 OS, so you can run virtually any Android app on this camera. Sans voice calling, one can do everything possible on the device that one can on a smartphone," Warsi said.
Asked about the targetted sales, Warsi said the "connected camera" market is still in nascent stages and it will launch more products to grow the segment. "This a totally new category and we are looking at sales of a few lakh units in the first year," Warsi said.
The Indian digital camera market, which comprises point and shoot and DSLRs, saw sales of about 2 million units last year. Samsung claims to have single digit market share in the space.
Samsung India has tied up with Airtel to offer 1GB of free data per month for two months and will also bundle an additional battery for limited period.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Why Salman Khan lost his cool during Arpita Khan's wedding
- Is Katrina Kaif signing no films after 2016?
- It's a boy for Riteish-Genelia
- Meet Jayalaxmi the new nightingale
- Salman kissed girlfriend Jaqualine
- Vanessa Hudgens gets restraining order
- Dilip Kumar perfectly fine: Big B
- After Deepika, Arjun Rampal lambasts the leading English daily
- Film Savita Barbie: Shanti Dynamite Out, Gehana In
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Nokia is not going to give up easily as the company has now come up with a new tablet.