- Nissan rolls out premium EvaliaIndia\'s first seaplane serviceWhy did Kareena Kapoor refuse to work with Farhan Akhtar?Nayana arrested for blackmailing with sex tapeTop most Sexy South SirensIn pics: Upcoming movies of Bollywood superstar Salman KhanOMG! Saif caught with pants down, view picsNew Alto K10 to launch next monthParties begin in Rajesh Khanna\'s AashirwaadEkta Kapoor's Box Cricket League
After 122 days Luis Suarez will be free to take part in a competitive match again and not
Samsung launches 3G-connected camera for Rs 29,900 Last Updated : 23 Nov 2012 06:32:39 PM IST File photo
Electronics major Samsung on Friday launched its 3G-powered Galaxy Camera in the country for Rs 29,900, which allows users to directly share pictures and videos on social networking sites.
"... There is a large trend of consumers connecting online and sharing pictures and videos. This product is directed at people who like taking pictures and would want to share them with their friends on the go," Samsung Mobile Vice-President Asim Warsi told reporters here.
Earlier this year, Nikon had also unveiled an Android-based camera, Coolpix S800c, priced at Rs 20,950. However, it connected to the Internet using only WiFi.
The Samsung product uses 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. It features a 16-megapixel sensor with 21x optical zoom. It is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos processor.
"The camera is powered by Android 4.1 OS, so you can run virtually any Android app on this camera. Sans voice calling, one can do everything possible on the device that one can on a smartphone," Warsi said.
Asked about the targetted sales, Warsi said the "connected camera" market is still in nascent stages and it will launch more products to grow the segment. "This a totally new category and we are looking at sales of a few lakh units in the first year," Warsi said.
The Indian digital camera market, which comprises point and shoot and DSLRs, saw sales of about 2 million units last year. Samsung claims to have single digit market share in the space.
Samsung India has tied up with Airtel to offer 1GB of free data per month for two months and will also bundle an additional battery for limited period.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The best friends in Bollywood, superstars Salman Khan and Aamir Khan, will be seen togethe
- Why did Kareena Kapoor refuse to work with Farhan Akhtar?
- Nayana arrested for blackmailing with sex tape
- Top most Sexy South Sirens
- In pics: Upcoming movies of Bollywood superstar Salman Khan
- OMG! Saif caught with pants down, view pics
- Parties begin in Rajesh Khanna's Aashirwaad
- Ekta Kapoor's Box Cricket League
- Watch Deepika Padukone promoting Happy New Year
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country