- Honda launches CBR 650F bikeFirst look of Shaandaar unveiledLeone upset by ban on porn sites?Sonam angry over porn sites banShraddha on cover of 'Hi! Blitz' magazineFiat launches Abarth 595 at Rs 29.85 lakh'Bahubali' enters Rs 500 crore clubAishwarya Rai walks the ramp for Manish MalhotraArpita Khan's birthday at Barcelona, will Salman go?Top five Dancing Divas of Bollywood
To work on a few "grey areas" a coaching camp for the Indian women hockey probables will b
Samsung launches 3G-connected camera for Rs 29,900 Last Updated : 23 Nov 2012 06:32:39 PM IST File photo
Electronics major Samsung on Friday launched its 3G-powered Galaxy Camera in the country for Rs 29,900, which allows users to directly share pictures and videos on social networking sites.
"... There is a large trend of consumers connecting online and sharing pictures and videos. This product is directed at people who like taking pictures and would want to share them with their friends on the go," Samsung Mobile Vice-President Asim Warsi told reporters here.
Earlier this year, Nikon had also unveiled an Android-based camera, Coolpix S800c, priced at Rs 20,950. However, it connected to the Internet using only WiFi.
The Samsung product uses 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. It features a 16-megapixel sensor with 21x optical zoom. It is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos processor.
"The camera is powered by Android 4.1 OS, so you can run virtually any Android app on this camera. Sans voice calling, one can do everything possible on the device that one can on a smartphone," Warsi said.
Asked about the targetted sales, Warsi said the "connected camera" market is still in nascent stages and it will launch more products to grow the segment. "This a totally new category and we are looking at sales of a few lakh units in the first year," Warsi said.
The Indian digital camera market, which comprises point and shoot and DSLRs, saw sales of about 2 million units last year. Samsung claims to have single digit market share in the space.
Samsung India has tied up with Airtel to offer 1GB of free data per month for two months and will also bundle an additional battery for limited period.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Alia Bhatt and Shahid Kapoor are looking very cute sleeping together.
- Leone upset by ban on porn sites?
- Sonam angry over porn sites ban
- Shraddha on cover of 'Hi! Blitz' magazine
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' at Busan film fest
- Tiger Shroff, Shraddha shooting for 'Baaghi' song
- First poster of SRK's 'Fan' out
- Photo of Bobbi Kristina Brown's body leaked
- SRK 'thanks' MCA for lifting ban
12-year-old UK girl gets highest IQ test score of 162
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that