- PICS: Soha Ali Khan\'s mehendi ceremonyMovie Review: Dolly Ki DoliTrisha Krishnan, Varun Manian engagedInside Soha Ali Khan\'s bachelorette bashBaby, and other Bollywood films on terrorismShweta Basu, accused in sex racket, does a glamorous photo shootHappy Basant Panchami 2015: Images, Wallpapers, GreetingsRaveena Tandon to play negative role in \'Shab\'Senpaga Vinayagar Temple renovation completeObama\'s Armored \'Beast\' in city for Republic day
Leander Paes and Martina Hingis won their mixed doubles opener while Rohan Bopanna and Bar
Samsung launches 3G-connected camera for Rs 29,900 Last Updated : 23 Nov 2012 06:32:39 PM IST File photo
Electronics major Samsung on Friday launched its 3G-powered Galaxy Camera in the country for Rs 29,900, which allows users to directly share pictures and videos on social networking sites.
"... There is a large trend of consumers connecting online and sharing pictures and videos. This product is directed at people who like taking pictures and would want to share them with their friends on the go," Samsung Mobile Vice-President Asim Warsi told reporters here.
Earlier this year, Nikon had also unveiled an Android-based camera, Coolpix S800c, priced at Rs 20,950. However, it connected to the Internet using only WiFi.
The Samsung product uses 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. It features a 16-megapixel sensor with 21x optical zoom. It is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos processor.
"The camera is powered by Android 4.1 OS, so you can run virtually any Android app on this camera. Sans voice calling, one can do everything possible on the device that one can on a smartphone," Warsi said.
Asked about the targetted sales, Warsi said the "connected camera" market is still in nascent stages and it will launch more products to grow the segment. "This a totally new category and we are looking at sales of a few lakh units in the first year," Warsi said.
The Indian digital camera market, which comprises point and shoot and DSLRs, saw sales of about 2 million units last year. Samsung claims to have single digit market share in the space.
Samsung India has tied up with Airtel to offer 1GB of free data per month for two months and will also bundle an additional battery for limited period.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Soha Ali Khan today tied the knot with longtime partner Kunal Khemu in an intimate
- Mallika Sherawat to enter Bigg Boss Halla Bol
- Patrick Stewart praises Jennifer Lawrence
- Aamir Khan's 'PK' to release in China
- 'Superstars should do content-based cinema'
- Ayushmann to act in Punjabi film?
- New Censor board for films, books on Sikhs
- PICS: Soha Ali Khan's mehendi ceremony
- Movie Review: Dolly Ki Doli
Dog is man's best friend, and we have wolves to thank for it!
Chinese handset maker Xiaomi will be launching its latest 4G device Mi4 in India on Jan 28