- 3 married lesbians expecting their first babyPICS: If this is not Modi wave what else is!Cricketer Sachin votesKunal Kapoor to become Bachchan’s ‘Damaad’?Letter written on Titanic up for auctionMeet Ajay-Kajol’s kids Nysa and Yug, view picsRani Mukerji childhood picturesShri Sai Baba of Shirdi:Rare Picsunseen pictures of Sachin TendulkarIPL7: Preity Zinta cheers for KXIP, view pics
PV Sindhu, Parupalli Kashyap and RMV Gurusaidutt made winning starts to their respective
Samsung launches 3G-connected camera for Rs 29,900 Last Updated : 23 Nov 2012 06:32:39 PM IST File photo
Electronics major Samsung on Friday launched its 3G-powered Galaxy Camera in the country for Rs 29,900, which allows users to directly share pictures and videos on social networking sites.
"... There is a large trend of consumers connecting online and sharing pictures and videos. This product is directed at people who like taking pictures and would want to share them with their friends on the go," Samsung Mobile Vice-President Asim Warsi told reporters here.
Earlier this year, Nikon had also unveiled an Android-based camera, Coolpix S800c, priced at Rs 20,950. However, it connected to the Internet using only WiFi.
The Samsung product uses 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. It features a 16-megapixel sensor with 21x optical zoom. It is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos processor.
"The camera is powered by Android 4.1 OS, so you can run virtually any Android app on this camera. Sans voice calling, one can do everything possible on the device that one can on a smartphone," Warsi said.
Asked about the targetted sales, Warsi said the "connected camera" market is still in nascent stages and it will launch more products to grow the segment. "This a totally new category and we are looking at sales of a few lakh units in the first year," Warsi said.
The Indian digital camera market, which comprises point and shoot and DSLRs, saw sales of about 2 million units last year. Samsung claims to have single digit market share in the space.
Samsung India has tied up with Airtel to offer 1GB of free data per month for two months and will also bundle an additional battery for limited period.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
If rumours are to be believed actor Kunal Kapoor may join Bachchans family as damaad (Son-
- Jodha Akbar director denies sexually abusing actor Paridhi Sharma
- Angelina Jolie and I ‘check in on each other ’: Billy Bob Thornton
- Meet Ajay-Kajol’s kids Nysa and Yug, view pics
- Rani Mukerji childhood pictures
- Yo Yo Honey Singh generous towards Akshay
- Truth behind Rani-Aditya hush-hush wedding
- 'Kill Dil' first look:Parineeti Chopra's oomph
- Sunny Leone's unbuttoned pics
Brynn, Doll and Kitten Young are probably the first 'throuple' who got married and are now
Homegrown handset maker Micromax on Tuesday launched its new six-inch phablet 'Canvas Dood