- Salman missing 'party days'Garam Dharam upset with mediaA walk in nature could battle depressionVarun-Shraddha's 'ABCD 2' nearing 100 croreStar studded screening for ‘Guddu Rangeela’Gaysil Naubert to choreographPooja Bhatt refused 'Aashiqui' for loveWho first came to meet Hema Malini after the accident?Salman tweets Sooraj Pancholi\'s tattoo from \'Hero\'Bollywood couples who did not go on honeymoon
Indian women go into Saturday's hockey encounter with Japan in the World League Semifinals
'Matru ki Bijlee Ka Mandola' Box office collection :41.15 crore in first week Last Updated : 19 Jan 2013 10:52:02 AM IST 'Matru ki Bijlee Ka Mandola' Box office collection :41.15 crore in first week
'Matru ki Bijlee Ka Mandola', (MKBKM), a political satire on land scam has garnered Rs. 33.15 crore net at the domestic box office and Rs. 8 crore from the overseas market, thus making the worldwide collection at Rs. 41.15 crore.
Making MKBKM a Vishal Bhardwaj's biggest film yet.Criticism notwithstanding, Bhardwaj is happy and said: 'This is my biggest opening and appreciation is coming from a lot of people. But I am really happy and relieved about the fact that I am able to make the kind of movie that I want to make and still have a profitable film."
The collections are not considered as ‘not so great’ for a film that was made with quite a few notable names and that was extensively promoted and even promised to give 2013 a good kick-start.The revenues from TV, Music and Home Video further boosted its profit, said a statement.
MKBKM, which was hyped as 2013’s first big release, could not make a great mark at the box office.
Even Amitabh Bachchan praised Bhardwaj's endeavour to target corruption in the society using satire as a medium to talk to the masses, and tweeted: "A land issue much like Singur, rich and poor divide, communism of takes, anti-alcohol, love triangle (DDLJ style), politics - all portrayed in a manner not unknown to us, yet unknown ....a composite satire, if ever satires could be composite."
Critics have lauded Pankaj Kapur's performance in the film, which also sees superb acting by Shabana Azmi. The two veterans are ably supported by Imran Khan, Anushka Sharma and Arya Babbar.
Pritish Nandy calls it a "wicked wit" and added that Pankaj Kapur has proved again "his peerless acting prowess".
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Kareena Kapoor Khan has skipped the promotions of her upcoming film with Salman and has di
- Salman missing 'party days'
- Hema Malini discharged from hospital
- Aamir-A R Rahman teams up for next home production
- Garam Dharam upset with media
- Varun-Shraddha's 'ABCD 2' nearing 100 crore
- Star studded screening for ‘Guddu Rangeela’
- Gaysil Naubert to choreograph
- Hansal Mehta to Make Sanjay Gandhi Biopic
The state's Technical Education and Training Minister Ujjal Biswas said that the student s
Xiaomi the smartphone giant which offers great features at less prices has yet made anothe