- Anushka and Virat spotted together againAamir Khan\'s special for Sanjay DuttNathuram Godse should have killed Nehru, not GandhiThunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan\'s Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1Amitabh\'s Jalsa turns star studded this DiwaliDeepika challenges Sunny Leone\'Diwali\' celebrations in picsSexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthdayRanveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'
Provisionally suspended she might be but Indian boxer L Sarita Devi has not given up hop
'Matru ki Bijlee Ka Mandola' Box office collection :41.15 crore in first week Last Updated : 19 Jan 2013 10:52:02 AM IST 'Matru ki Bijlee Ka Mandola' Box office collection :41.15 crore in first week
'Matru ki Bijlee Ka Mandola', (MKBKM), a political satire on land scam has garnered Rs. 33.15 crore net at the domestic box office and Rs. 8 crore from the overseas market, thus making the worldwide collection at Rs. 41.15 crore.
Making MKBKM a Vishal Bhardwaj's biggest film yet.Criticism notwithstanding, Bhardwaj is happy and said: 'This is my biggest opening and appreciation is coming from a lot of people. But I am really happy and relieved about the fact that I am able to make the kind of movie that I want to make and still have a profitable film."
The collections are not considered as ‘not so great’ for a film that was made with quite a few notable names and that was extensively promoted and even promised to give 2013 a good kick-start.The revenues from TV, Music and Home Video further boosted its profit, said a statement.
MKBKM, which was hyped as 2013’s first big release, could not make a great mark at the box office.
Even Amitabh Bachchan praised Bhardwaj's endeavour to target corruption in the society using satire as a medium to talk to the masses, and tweeted: "A land issue much like Singur, rich and poor divide, communism of takes, anti-alcohol, love triangle (DDLJ style), politics - all portrayed in a manner not unknown to us, yet unknown ....a composite satire, if ever satires could be composite."
Critics have lauded Pankaj Kapur's performance in the film, which also sees superb acting by Shabana Azmi. The two veterans are ably supported by Imran Khan, Anushka Sharma and Arya Babbar.
Pritish Nandy calls it a "wicked wit" and added that Pankaj Kapur has proved again "his peerless acting prowess".
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rumoured lovers Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma cannot stay away from each other
- Katie Price wants to sell breast implants to fan
- Rajinikanth first look in ‘Lingaa’
- We will never remake 'Awara': Randhir Kapoor
- Lindsay Lohan gets upset when asked about imprisonment
- Madonna's memorabilia collection to go on sale
- Aamir Khan's special for Sanjay Dutt
- Thunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan's Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1
- Amitabh's Jalsa turns star studded this Diwali
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country