- B-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up callVijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for freeYami Gautam flaunts bridal avatar at ICW 2016Did Sunny Leone actually sing the National Anthem incorrectly?Anamika's collection impresses fashionistas at ICW 2016'Kabali' fails to live up to hypeMy father cut me off when I was 18: Sonam Kapoor
Wrestling Federation of India President Brij Bhusan Sharan Singh on Monday backed dope-tai
'Matru ki Bijlee Ka Mandola' Box office collection :41.15 crore in first week Last Updated : 19 Jan 2013 10:52:02 AM IST 'Matru ki Bijlee Ka Mandola' Box office collection :41.15 crore in first week
'Matru ki Bijlee Ka Mandola', (MKBKM), a political satire on land scam has garnered Rs. 33.15 crore net at the domestic box office and Rs. 8 crore from the overseas market, thus making the worldwide collection at Rs. 41.15 crore.
Making MKBKM a Vishal Bhardwaj's biggest film yet.Criticism notwithstanding, Bhardwaj is happy and said: 'This is my biggest opening and appreciation is coming from a lot of people. But I am really happy and relieved about the fact that I am able to make the kind of movie that I want to make and still have a profitable film."
The collections are not considered as ‘not so great’ for a film that was made with quite a few notable names and that was extensively promoted and even promised to give 2013 a good kick-start.The revenues from TV, Music and Home Video further boosted its profit, said a statement.
MKBKM, which was hyped as 2013’s first big release, could not make a great mark at the box office.
Even Amitabh Bachchan praised Bhardwaj's endeavour to target corruption in the society using satire as a medium to talk to the masses, and tweeted: "A land issue much like Singur, rich and poor divide, communism of takes, anti-alcohol, love triangle (DDLJ style), politics - all portrayed in a manner not unknown to us, yet unknown ....a composite satire, if ever satires could be composite."
Critics have lauded Pankaj Kapur's performance in the film, which also sees superb acting by Shabana Azmi. The two veterans are ably supported by Imran Khan, Anushka Sharma and Arya Babbar.
Pritish Nandy calls it a "wicked wit" and added that Pankaj Kapur has proved again "his peerless acting prowess".
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Several Bollywood celebrities including filmmakers Subhash Ghai and Ram Gopal Varma have w
- No negative roles for Nausheen Ali
- Varun Dhawan reacts to Salman Khan's acquittal
- Salman Khan's sister happy with his acquittal in poaching cases
- Melissa McCarthy loves jumpsuits with zippers
- I'd love to do a film with SRK: Paul Feig
- Don't wish to make career in acting: Shekhar
- Cinema not a place for competition: Sobhita
- Rihanna doesn't want her fans 'catching Pokemons' at concerts
At 86, Dakshayani shows no signs of ageing and looks absolutely fit as she gets all set to
Domestic electronics company Micromax has announced a new laptop series Micromax Ignite an