- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie's wedding images reveal special gown designStory of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's next movie Jazbaa revealedModi's music-magic lures allHot pics from Sonam Kapoor\'s latest Vogue photoshootSridevi\'s \'English Vinglish\' mints $1 million in JapanAlia-Shahid start shooting for ShaandarB-Wood leggy divasSussane Khan brought Ganapati alone in her new homeShekhar Kapoor’s ‘Paani’ girl Ayesha Kapur is a hot girlWhy is Katrina praising ex boyfriend Salman so much
Novak Djokovic didn't let Philipp Kohlschreiber stand in the way of another Grand Slam qu
'Matru ki Bijlee Ka Mandola' Box office collection :41.15 crore in first week Last Updated : 19 Jan 2013 10:52:02 AM IST 'Matru ki Bijlee Ka Mandola' Box office collection :41.15 crore in first week
'Matru ki Bijlee Ka Mandola', (MKBKM), a political satire on land scam has garnered Rs. 33.15 crore net at the domestic box office and Rs. 8 crore from the overseas market, thus making the worldwide collection at Rs. 41.15 crore.
Making MKBKM a Vishal Bhardwaj's biggest film yet.Criticism notwithstanding, Bhardwaj is happy and said: 'This is my biggest opening and appreciation is coming from a lot of people. But I am really happy and relieved about the fact that I am able to make the kind of movie that I want to make and still have a profitable film."
The collections are not considered as ‘not so great’ for a film that was made with quite a few notable names and that was extensively promoted and even promised to give 2013 a good kick-start.The revenues from TV, Music and Home Video further boosted its profit, said a statement.
MKBKM, which was hyped as 2013’s first big release, could not make a great mark at the box office.
Even Amitabh Bachchan praised Bhardwaj's endeavour to target corruption in the society using satire as a medium to talk to the masses, and tweeted: "A land issue much like Singur, rich and poor divide, communism of takes, anti-alcohol, love triangle (DDLJ style), politics - all portrayed in a manner not unknown to us, yet unknown ....a composite satire, if ever satires could be composite."
Critics have lauded Pankaj Kapur's performance in the film, which also sees superb acting by Shabana Azmi. The two veterans are ably supported by Imran Khan, Anushka Sharma and Arya Babbar.
Pritish Nandy calls it a "wicked wit" and added that Pankaj Kapur has proved again "his peerless acting prowess".
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Check out the much-awaited first song from the film Happy New Year Indiawaale.
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie's wedding images reveal special gown design
- Story of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's next movie Jazbaa revealed
- Hot pics from Sonam Kapoor's latest Vogue photoshoot
- Sridevi's 'English Vinglish' mints $1 million in Japan
- Alia-Shahid start shooting for Shaandar
- B-Wood leggy divas
- Sussane Khan brought Ganapati alone in her new home
- When public watched porn film instead of Desi Kattey songs
Claudio Vieira de Oliveira was born with his neck folded back. Read about his inspirationa
With rumors of an imminent launch early next month, let's show you how the iPhone 6 will l