- Décor hacks: How to make small living space look largerAppreciation for 'Thithi' nothing short of miracle: Raam ReddyHome for 10 days, Priyanka Chopra to decide on next Hindi filmsIt was Love In Paris for Deepika-RanveerSunny Leone to romance Arbaaz Khan in 'Tera Intezaar'Shruti Haasan set for 'Sabaash Naidu' shootSeen great highs, lows and still soldiered onSachin launches clothing brand, Riteish walks the ramp for itGet picture-perfect smile with these simple tips!How can men get rid of pimples
Being excited for your favourite football team, rooting for them and suffering vicariously
'Matru ki Bijlee Ka Mandola' Box office collection :41.15 crore in first week Last Updated : 19 Jan 2013 10:52:02 AM IST 'Matru ki Bijlee Ka Mandola' Box office collection :41.15 crore in first week
'Matru ki Bijlee Ka Mandola', (MKBKM), a political satire on land scam has garnered Rs. 33.15 crore net at the domestic box office and Rs. 8 crore from the overseas market, thus making the worldwide collection at Rs. 41.15 crore.
Making MKBKM a Vishal Bhardwaj's biggest film yet.Criticism notwithstanding, Bhardwaj is happy and said: 'This is my biggest opening and appreciation is coming from a lot of people. But I am really happy and relieved about the fact that I am able to make the kind of movie that I want to make and still have a profitable film."
The collections are not considered as ‘not so great’ for a film that was made with quite a few notable names and that was extensively promoted and even promised to give 2013 a good kick-start.The revenues from TV, Music and Home Video further boosted its profit, said a statement.
MKBKM, which was hyped as 2013’s first big release, could not make a great mark at the box office.
Even Amitabh Bachchan praised Bhardwaj's endeavour to target corruption in the society using satire as a medium to talk to the masses, and tweeted: "A land issue much like Singur, rich and poor divide, communism of takes, anti-alcohol, love triangle (DDLJ style), politics - all portrayed in a manner not unknown to us, yet unknown ....a composite satire, if ever satires could be composite."
Critics have lauded Pankaj Kapur's performance in the film, which also sees superb acting by Shabana Azmi. The two veterans are ably supported by Imran Khan, Anushka Sharma and Arya Babbar.
Pritish Nandy calls it a "wicked wit" and added that Pankaj Kapur has proved again "his peerless acting prowess".
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director Raam Reddy, whose Kannada film “Thithi” won the National Film Award, says tha
- Would love to work with Vidya, Aditya: Kunaal Roy Kapur
- Subhash Ghai lauds Kapil Sharma for not disrespecting icons
- Sonam shocked with 'overreaction' over Tanmay Bhat's controversial video
- Ray would have used computers differently for illustrations
- 'Animation not yet considered storytelling medium'
- Katy Perry's Twitter account hacked
- Home for 10 days, Priyanka Chopra to decide on next Hindi films
- Amitabh Bachchan, Anupam Kher mourn producer Vikas Mohan's death
We imagine the Sun as a giant burning furnace that brings sunlight to us but NASA's Solar
E-cigarette use in Britain almost doubled in two years
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Consumer electronics and home appliances major Videocon on Tuesday launched 4G-enabled Kry