- Sheenojis: Charlie Sheen releases personalised emojisHot tips to stay fit and healthyReview; 'The Angry Birds Movie'Veerappan movie review'Phobia' movie reviewReview: 'Waiting' Actors rule the roostSonam, McKellen inaugurate Kashish Film FestivalKaran Johar celebrates birthday with star kidsWhen Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'Wear the right shoe for the right occasion!
Being excited for your favourite football team, rooting for them and suffering vicariously
Model Simran Sood gets bail in murder cases Last Updated : 14 Feb 2013 07:28:34 PM IST File photo of model Simran Sood.
However, Sood cannot be released from jail as she is in custody in a fake passport case.
"Sood has been granted bail in the last year's murder cases of aspiring producer Karan Kumar Kakkad and Delhi-based businessman Arun Kumar Tikku and we will apply for bail in the fake passport case in a day or two," her lawyer C R Mishra said.
The court granted her bail on the surety of Rs 1 lakh in the Tikku case and Rs 50,000 in the Kakkad case.
The court also directed Sood not to leave Mumbai, Mishra said.
Sood and Palande had befriended Kakkad to allegedly grab his property. Palande had later come to know that Kakkad was into cricket betting and had lost Rs 2 crore. Thereafter, he and others hatched a conspiracy to eliminate him and usurp his property, police said.
When police arrested Palande in the murder case of Delhi-based businessman Arunkumar Tikku, he revealed that he had also killed Kakkad.
Model Simran Sood gets bail in Kakkad and Tikku murder cases:
According to police, Palande, had become friends with Anuj, son of the Tikku a couple of years ago. He had plans to takeover the three flats-clubbed into one. The flats were in Anuj's name.
However, Palande saw the plan failing when Arun flew down to Mumbai from Delhi and evicted Dhananjay Shinde and Manoj Gajkosh whom Palande had kept in the flat after making Anuj sign a two-year lease and license agreement with a German woman.
Both Dhananjay and Manoj are the co-accused in the Tikku murder case.
On the fateful day, while Palande took Anuj to Goa in his Mercedes Benz, Manoj and Dhananjay brutally murdered Tikku.
Palande, during interrogation in the Tikku murder case, confessed that he killed Kakkad and dumped his body on Mumbai's outskirts.
Police later recovered the decomposed body parts of Kakkad from forests of Kumbharli Ghat at Chiplun in Ratnagiri district.
Money and some personal reasons led Palande to kill Kakkad, police said.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director Raam Reddy, whose Kannada film “Thithi” won the National Film Award, says tha
- Would love to work with Vidya, Aditya: Kunaal Roy Kapur
- Subhash Ghai lauds Kapil Sharma for not disrespecting icons
- Sonam shocked with 'overreaction' over Tanmay Bhat's controversial video
- Ray would have used computers differently for illustrations
- 'Animation not yet considered storytelling medium'
- Katy Perry's Twitter account hacked
- Home for 10 days, Priyanka Chopra to decide on next Hindi films
- Amitabh Bachchan, Anupam Kher mourn producer Vikas Mohan's death
We imagine the Sun as a giant burning furnace that brings sunlight to us but NASA's Solar
E-cigarette use in Britain almost doubled in two years
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Consumer electronics and home appliances major Videocon on Tuesday launched 4G-enabled Kry