- Sania wants to maintain No. 1 positionSexy Malaika wants to turn choreographerBig B enjoying homemade stories of little AaradhayaSonam Kapoor humbled to play 'Neerja Bhanot'Anushka taking career's biggest riskArjun Rampal growing beard for 'Daddy'Who is playing Aamir Khan's daughter in Dangal?PICS:Rahul blames Modi for snatching land from farmersWhy Sunny Leone is better than Sherlyn Chopra and Rakhi SawantNew 'Jurassic World' poster unveiled
Indian tennis star Sania Mirza says she would do all it takes to maintain her world number
SAG Awards: 'Argo', Daniel Day-Lewis emerge winners Last Updated : 28 Jan 2013 02:14:18 PM IST Ben Affleck with SAG awards
Ben Affleck's hostage drama 'Argo' added another trophy to its collection of awards this season by winning the best film ensemble at the 19th Screen Actors Guild Awards where Daniel Day-Lewis and Jennifer Lawrence were recognised in the acting categories.
The film, which revolves around CIA's attempt to free six US diplomats during the 1979 Iranian hostage crisis, is critics favourite to win some major trophies at the upcoming Oscars where it has seven nominations. 'Argo' has already won two Golden Globes.
"I'm really amazed and stunned," Affleck said while accepting the trophy.
Lawrence was named outstanding film actress for her performance in 'Silver Linings Playbook'. The young actress thanked director David O Russell and co-star Bradley Cooper for helping her in her performance.
The film also stars Indian actor Anupam Kher as Dr Cliff Patel. Kher was nominated along with the star cast of 'Sliver Linings Playbook' in the best film ensemble but the award went to 'Argo'. Other nominees were 'Les Miserables', 'Lincoln' and India-shot drama 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel'.
Day-Lewis, who has won SAG trophies for his previous movies 'There Will Be Blood' and 'Gangs of New York', was named the outstanding film actor for his memorable turn as the 16th US President Abraham Lincoln. The Steven Spielberg directed movie is leading this year's Oscars with 12 nods.
The British actor had initially rejected the role thinking an American actor should play Lincoln. He thanked his director and Leonardo DiCaprio, who convinced him to reconsider his decision.
The political drama won another trophy with Tommy Lee Jones winning the award for best actor in a supporting role for his performance as Congressman Thaddeus Stevens.
Anne Hathaway continued her winning streak by getting named as the best supporting actress for her turn as fallen woman Fantine in musical 'Les Miserables'.
Accepting her first SAG Award, Hathaway said, "I'm just so thrilled I have dental."
Hathaway has already won a Golden Globe trophy besides winning a nomination at the Oscars in the supporting category.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Malaika Arora Khan wants to turn choreographer for movies after showing off her da
- Big B enjoying homemade stories of little Aaradhaya
- Sonam Kapoor humbled to play 'Neerja Bhanot'
- Anushka taking career's biggest risk
- Know the Truth behind Shahid's No to 'XXX'!
- Arjun Rampal growing beard for 'Daddy'
- Calvin Harris is allergic to Taylor Swift's cats
- Kylie Jenner doesn't want to be a model
- Kevin James uses a Segway to control his children.
The sight of driverless Delhi Metro trains whizzing past stations, crowded and deserted, i
Running out of battery? Yell at your phone to charge it!