- Treat to work on dance numbers: JacquelineSohail Khan a damn cool director: NawazuddinPics: Ranbir-Aishwarya's hot chemistry irritated BachchansKareena send wishes for Shahid-Mira's daughter'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' teaser to release today11-year-old attempts 550 km swim in raging Ganga in 10 daysSindhu, Sakshi, Dipa, Jitu get Khel RatnasRemembering 'King Of Pop' on his 58th B'dayKareena Kapoor Khan 'sexy' pregnancy photos'Rock On!!' clocks eight years, makers look forward to sequel
Montreal Canadiens forward Tomas Plekanec has been chosen captain of the Czech Republic’
SAG Awards: 'Argo', Daniel Day-Lewis emerge winners Last Updated : 28 Jan 2013 02:14:18 PM IST Ben Affleck with SAG awards
Ben Affleck's hostage drama 'Argo' added another trophy to its collection of awards this season by winning the best film ensemble at the 19th Screen Actors Guild Awards where Daniel Day-Lewis and Jennifer Lawrence were recognised in the acting categories.
The film, which revolves around CIA's attempt to free six US diplomats during the 1979 Iranian hostage crisis, is critics favourite to win some major trophies at the upcoming Oscars where it has seven nominations. 'Argo' has already won two Golden Globes.
"I'm really amazed and stunned," Affleck said while accepting the trophy.
Lawrence was named outstanding film actress for her performance in 'Silver Linings Playbook'. The young actress thanked director David O Russell and co-star Bradley Cooper for helping her in her performance.
The film also stars Indian actor Anupam Kher as Dr Cliff Patel. Kher was nominated along with the star cast of 'Sliver Linings Playbook' in the best film ensemble but the award went to 'Argo'. Other nominees were 'Les Miserables', 'Lincoln' and India-shot drama 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel'.
Day-Lewis, who has won SAG trophies for his previous movies 'There Will Be Blood' and 'Gangs of New York', was named the outstanding film actor for his memorable turn as the 16th US President Abraham Lincoln. The Steven Spielberg directed movie is leading this year's Oscars with 12 nods.
The British actor had initially rejected the role thinking an American actor should play Lincoln. He thanked his director and Leonardo DiCaprio, who convinced him to reconsider his decision.
The political drama won another trophy with Tommy Lee Jones winning the award for best actor in a supporting role for his performance as Congressman Thaddeus Stevens.
Anne Hathaway continued her winning streak by getting named as the best supporting actress for her turn as fallen woman Fantine in musical 'Les Miserables'.
Accepting her first SAG Award, Hathaway said, "I'm just so thrilled I have dental."
Hathaway has already won a Golden Globe trophy besides winning a nomination at the Oscars in the supporting category.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Sumit Kaul will be adding a funny twist to "Bahu Humari Rajni_Kant" with his entry.
- Rumours are baseless: Bhansali's spokesperson on Deepika's remuneration
- Irrfan honoured with Entertainer of The Year award
- Won't return to direction until I introduce 10 directors: Sasikumar
- Treat to work on dance numbers: Jacqueline
- Pakistanis, Indians respect each other: Om Puri
- Was looking for substantial role after 'Commando': Pooja Chopra
- Sohail Khan a damn cool director: Nawazuddin
- Reality TV is a big platform: Prince Narula
Believe it or not, dogs have the ability to distinguish words and the intonation of human
Domestic mobile manufacturer Videocon smartphone on Tuesday announced its association with