- PICS: Prachi Desai doing catwalk7 most popular food mythsSalman-Aishwarya replaced by Ranveer-DeepikaPICS : What makes Yuvi specialPICS : Bollywood's smoking actressesRanbir, Katrina spend night togetherBollywood at Bobby Chawla funeralHT Mumbai\'s most stylish awardBedroom secrets for happy married lifeSachin, Lata falicitated during an event
Cristiano Ronaldo has topped the world's wealthiest player with a fortune of 122 million p
Lisa Ray to launch own line of sarees Last Updated : 18 Dec 2012 04:47:54 PM IST File photo of model turned Bollywood actress Lisa Ray.
She successfully battled cancer, got married to her longtime boyfriend and now model-actress Lisa Ray has plans to launch her own range of designer sarees.
The 40-year-old Indo-Canadian beauty is joining hands with designer label Satya Paul to bring out a collection of sarees, which will consist of 10 exclusive pieces.
"I have designed a line of sarees with Satya Paul, which has ten exclusive pieces. It is attached with Living With Cancer and 10 per cent of the proceeds will go to charity. The entire line is created around the theme of second life," Ray told media persons.
"The sarees have got various messages of hope, new life, new beginning written on it. It will be available in India after three months. I will come here for the official launch of the line," said the social activist, who herself wore a red and copper saree from her collection at the launch of Life Cell Stem Cell City in the capital today.
Lisa Ray to launch own line of designer sarees:
"Everyone knows about the critical role stem cell therapy played in my fight against cancer. I am a living proof of how stem cells can save a life. I have been associated with Life Cell for over two years now and I congratulate them on the launch of India's first Dual storage service," Ray said during the event.
The model-actress tied the knot with long-time boyfriend and banking executive Jason Dehni on October 20 at the picturesque Napa Valley and donned a Satya Paul saree for her wedding.
She has also put her extravagant wedding saree under the hammer to raise money for a charity.
"I am auctioning off my wedding saree for cancer charity. I will continue working for cancer causes and try to spread as much awareness as possible. I hope that people support me and participate," she said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Wondering when you will be able to see your favorite actress on screen again?? Here is a l
- Bollywood has gone Sports crazy
- PICS: Prachi Desai doing catwalk
- Khloe K speaks about her vagina on camera
- Salman, Aishwarya replaced by Ranveer, Deepika
- Sonakshi copies boxer Laila Ali’s look in Holiday
- Why is Deepika jealous of Kangana?
- Kochadaiiyaan Theatrical Trailer: Watch now
- PICS : Bollywood's smoking actresses
To experience a massage with a difference, tourists are flocking to an elephant camp in Th
The much-talked about Nokia Android mobile phone has finally arrived in Indian market.