- I admire Shah Rukh as a worker: Alia BhattSalman Khan's 'Being Salman' game outI don't believe in relationship goals: Esha GuptaSachin presents BMWs to Olympic medallistsI still have more to achieve: Jacqueline FernandezSalman to don astronaut look for show promoAll my roles had potential to stereotype me: SwaraKnow more about Neha DhupiaShahid-Mira: Journey from lovers to parentsJacqueline turns showstopper for Rajesh Singh
The All India Football Federation on Sunday announced the opening of online and outlet tic
Lisa Ray to launch own line of sarees Last Updated : 18 Dec 2012 04:47:54 PM IST File photo of model turned Bollywood actress Lisa Ray.
She successfully battled cancer, got married to her longtime boyfriend and now model-actress Lisa Ray has plans to launch her own range of designer sarees.
The 40-year-old Indo-Canadian beauty is joining hands with designer label Satya Paul to bring out a collection of sarees, which will consist of 10 exclusive pieces.
"I have designed a line of sarees with Satya Paul, which has ten exclusive pieces. It is attached with Living With Cancer and 10 per cent of the proceeds will go to charity. The entire line is created around the theme of second life," Ray told media persons.
"The sarees have got various messages of hope, new life, new beginning written on it. It will be available in India after three months. I will come here for the official launch of the line," said the social activist, who herself wore a red and copper saree from her collection at the launch of Life Cell Stem Cell City in the capital today.
Lisa Ray to launch own line of designer sarees:
"Everyone knows about the critical role stem cell therapy played in my fight against cancer. I am a living proof of how stem cells can save a life. I have been associated with Life Cell for over two years now and I congratulate them on the launch of India's first Dual storage service," Ray said during the event.
The model-actress tied the knot with long-time boyfriend and banking executive Jason Dehni on October 20 at the picturesque Napa Valley and donned a Satya Paul saree for her wedding.
She has also put her extravagant wedding saree under the hammer to raise money for a charity.
"I am auctioning off my wedding saree for cancer charity. I will continue working for cancer causes and try to spread as much awareness as possible. I hope that people support me and participate," she said.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Boman Irani is open to the idea of going to Hollywood to explore a “different worl
- I admire Shah Rukh as a worker: Alia Bhatt
- Salman Khan's 'Being Salman' game out
- I don't believe in relationship goals: Esha Gupta
- I still have more to achieve: Jacqueline Fernandez
- Dadlani says he quit AAP on his own, calls AAP family
- Amber Rose has no count of her sex partners
- Subha wants to do women-oriented project
- Koratala Siva, Mahesh Babu to team up next
A 53-year-old woman was killed while descending a 3,000-feet mountain after her husband u
US tech giant Apple is planning to remove the physical Touch ID button below the screen an