- Fire on \'ABCD 2\' setLeonard Nimoy, Spock on \'Star Trek,\' dead at 83Amitabh to promote road safetyWatch Shah Rukh Khan turning into teenI was in two minds about doing \'Badlapur\': Huma QureshiPriyanka joins American TV show \'Quantico\'Watch incredible bridges\'Ab Tak Chhappan 2\' : Down for the count from scene oneA R Rahman ventures into script-writing, film productionWatch 10 hottest moves of Monica
Mohun Bagan has taken the top spot in the I-League football standings.
Lisa Ray to launch own line of sarees Last Updated : 18 Dec 2012 04:47:54 PM IST File photo of model turned Bollywood actress Lisa Ray.
She successfully battled cancer, got married to her longtime boyfriend and now model-actress Lisa Ray has plans to launch her own range of designer sarees.
The 40-year-old Indo-Canadian beauty is joining hands with designer label Satya Paul to bring out a collection of sarees, which will consist of 10 exclusive pieces.
"I have designed a line of sarees with Satya Paul, which has ten exclusive pieces. It is attached with Living With Cancer and 10 per cent of the proceeds will go to charity. The entire line is created around the theme of second life," Ray told media persons.
"The sarees have got various messages of hope, new life, new beginning written on it. It will be available in India after three months. I will come here for the official launch of the line," said the social activist, who herself wore a red and copper saree from her collection at the launch of Life Cell Stem Cell City in the capital today.
Lisa Ray to launch own line of designer sarees:
"Everyone knows about the critical role stem cell therapy played in my fight against cancer. I am a living proof of how stem cells can save a life. I have been associated with Life Cell for over two years now and I congratulate them on the launch of India's first Dual storage service," Ray said during the event.
The model-actress tied the knot with long-time boyfriend and banking executive Jason Dehni on October 20 at the picturesque Napa Valley and donned a Satya Paul saree for her wedding.
She has also put her extravagant wedding saree under the hammer to raise money for a charity.
"I am auctioning off my wedding saree for cancer charity. I will continue working for cancer causes and try to spread as much awareness as possible. I hope that people support me and participate," she said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Sunny Leone is seen scorching the screen in the first look of Leela with her bold acts.
- Pics:Adnan Sami applies for Indian Citizenship
- Jacqueline Fernandez hits 1 million fans on Instagram
- Character is the new hero in Bollywood movies : Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Kangana to romance Saif in 'The Devotion of Suspect X'
- OMG!Sonam Kapoor down with swine flu
- Pakistan Loses Historic Taj Mahal Cinema
- Fire on 'ABCD 2' set
- Tax penalty on Actor Robert De Niro
The first 'selfie' taken in space by NASA astronaut Buzz Aldrin in 1966 has fetched almost
Google is releasing a set of tools designed for businesses and employees who want to get w