- \'Diwali\' celebrations in picsSexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthdayRanveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'Katie Holmes shares beauty tipsHalle Berry launched lingersPics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan\'s diwali partyImages: Happy New Year movie stars dazzle in DubaiSONGS: Manna Dey had a mesmerising voice!PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans at Siachen
Sardar Singh will lead a 21-member Indian men’s hockey squad for the four-match Test tou
Lisa Ray to launch own line of sarees Last Updated : 18 Dec 2012 04:47:54 PM IST File photo of model turned Bollywood actress Lisa Ray.
She successfully battled cancer, got married to her longtime boyfriend and now model-actress Lisa Ray has plans to launch her own range of designer sarees.
The 40-year-old Indo-Canadian beauty is joining hands with designer label Satya Paul to bring out a collection of sarees, which will consist of 10 exclusive pieces.
"I have designed a line of sarees with Satya Paul, which has ten exclusive pieces. It is attached with Living With Cancer and 10 per cent of the proceeds will go to charity. The entire line is created around the theme of second life," Ray told media persons.
"The sarees have got various messages of hope, new life, new beginning written on it. It will be available in India after three months. I will come here for the official launch of the line," said the social activist, who herself wore a red and copper saree from her collection at the launch of Life Cell Stem Cell City in the capital today.
Lisa Ray to launch own line of designer sarees:
"Everyone knows about the critical role stem cell therapy played in my fight against cancer. I am a living proof of how stem cells can save a life. I have been associated with Life Cell for over two years now and I congratulate them on the launch of India's first Dual storage service," Ray said during the event.
The model-actress tied the knot with long-time boyfriend and banking executive Jason Dehni on October 20 at the picturesque Napa Valley and donned a Satya Paul saree for her wedding.
She has also put her extravagant wedding saree under the hammer to raise money for a charity.
"I am auctioning off my wedding saree for cancer charity. I will continue working for cancer causes and try to spread as much awareness as possible. I hope that people support me and participate," she said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
It is Mallika Sherawat birthday.
- Ranveer hides his bald look under hat in party
- Ten reasons to watch 'Happy New Year'
- Elizabeth Hurley enjoying with little man
- Katie Holmes shares beauty tips
- Jennifer Aniston set wedding details
- Katy Perry cancels birthday trip to Egypt?
- Halle Berry launched lingers
- Pics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan's diwali party
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country