- How to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healedVarun Gandhi is a happily married man5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHMDiva's Karwa Chauth 2016Indian cricketers visit territorial army camp'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fans
The 23-member strong delegation comprising experts from world football governing body FIFA
Bansal's wife seeks safety for women in trains Last Updated : 26 Feb 2013 10:57:05 AM IST Bansal's wife seeks safety for women in trains
Railway minister Pawan Kumar Bansal’s wife seeks more safety measures for women traveling in trains in this year's railway Budget.
Wife Madhu Bansal said that he is under no stress and the only thing she wants in the Indian Railways is more safety for women. And she’s told him that, so expect it for sure in this year’s Railway Budget.
“I had told him to include a helpline number for women, they should feel safe while traveling,” she said
“No, no he’s under no stress,” she said, when asked if the Railway Minister was facing a lot of pressure.
“I don’t want a rail fare hike, we will have to wait for the rail budget,” the minister’s wife said.
After 17 years, the Railway Budget will be presented to Parliament by a Congressman so major emphasis must be on the pro people policies .
“Of course the budget will be drawn up in line with the philosophy of the Congress,” she said.
His son, Amit Bansal, also favours that this year Railway Budget should have something special for safety of women and better amenities.
“Security of women and passengers is of most importance. Security and food of good quality those were the main reasons of increasing the fares as there had not been an increase for almost a decade,” he said.
The minister has already promised a 24X7 helpline for women that will be tracked real time, with top priority accorded to safety of passengers, especially women.
“The safety and security of passengers, especially women, is top priority of the Indian Railways,” Bansal told “It’s not possible to deploy women constables in each of the 51,000 coaches. But soon there would be round-the-clock toll-free helpline for women and this will be tracked on real-time basis.”
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's flagship Swachh Bharat campaign will now feature in the upc
- Vidhu Vinod Chopra lauds Aamir Khan for 'Dangal'
- 'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in years
- Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'
- Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healed
- 5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHM
- Ranveer Singh likely to replace Salman Khan
- Diva's Karwa Chauth 2016
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fans
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav has received 44,000 marriage proposals on a What
When Google launched artificial intelligence (AI)-powered premium devices Pixel and Pixel