- Weight has never been an issue for me: Bhumi PednekarSonam Kapoor recovering well after contracting swine fluKardashian wants to live close to BeyoncePyarelal ready to compose music for Bollywood filmsFeatures of Samsung Galaxy S6-S6 EdgeSunny adopts Zeenat’s look in LeelaAdnan Sami applies for Indian CitizenshipJacqueline Fernandez hits 1 million fans on InstagramCharacter is the new hero in Bollywood movies : Nawazuddin SiddiquiKangana to romance Saif in \'The Devotion of Suspect X\'
Mohun Bagan has taken the top spot in the I-League football standings.
Bansal's wife seeks safety for women in trains Last Updated : 26 Feb 2013 10:57:05 AM IST Bansal's wife seeks safety for women in trains
Railway minister Pawan Kumar Bansal’s wife seeks more safety measures for women traveling in trains in this year's railway Budget.
Wife Madhu Bansal said that he is under no stress and the only thing she wants in the Indian Railways is more safety for women. And she’s told him that, so expect it for sure in this year’s Railway Budget.
“I had told him to include a helpline number for women, they should feel safe while traveling,” she said
“No, no he’s under no stress,” she said, when asked if the Railway Minister was facing a lot of pressure.
“I don’t want a rail fare hike, we will have to wait for the rail budget,” the minister’s wife said.
After 17 years, the Railway Budget will be presented to Parliament by a Congressman so major emphasis must be on the pro people policies .
“Of course the budget will be drawn up in line with the philosophy of the Congress,” she said.
His son, Amit Bansal, also favours that this year Railway Budget should have something special for safety of women and better amenities.
“Security of women and passengers is of most importance. Security and food of good quality those were the main reasons of increasing the fares as there had not been an increase for almost a decade,” he said.
The minister has already promised a 24X7 helpline for women that will be tracked real time, with top priority accorded to safety of passengers, especially women.
“The safety and security of passengers, especially women, is top priority of the Indian Railways,” Bansal told “It’s not possible to deploy women constables in each of the 51,000 coaches. But soon there would be round-the-clock toll-free helpline for women and this will be tracked on real-time basis.”
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
For Bhumi Pednekar, putting on oodles of weight for her debut film "Dum Laga Ke Haisha" wa
- Sonam Kapoor recovering well after contracting swine flu
- PICS:Kardashian wants to live close to Beyonce
- Pyarelal ready to compose music for Bollywood films
- PICS:Sunny adopts Zeenat’s look in Leela
- Pics:Adnan Sami applies for Indian Citizenship
- Jacqueline Fernandez hits 1 million fans on Instagram
- Character is the new hero in Bollywood movies : Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Kangana to romance Saif in 'The Devotion of Suspect X'
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today joined some MPs in having lunch in the Parliament's can
Google is releasing a set of tools designed for businesses and employees who want to get w