- Australia bags 5th World Cup titleDeepika bats for women equalityAditi Arya crowned Miss India 2015Saina becomes World No.1 woman shuttlerKatrina Kaif unveils her wax statue at Madame TussaudsSee Deepika-Ranbir pics when they were in loveRam Gopal Verma is happy that India lost the matchPICS:Modi, Satyarthi in greatest leaders list of FortuneTwitterati targets Anushka over Virat\'s poor showBajaj launches Pulsar RS 200
Kidambi Srikanth on Sunday gave delight to the nation by clinching men's singles titles at
Bansal's wife seeks safety for women in trains Last Updated : 26 Feb 2013 10:57:05 AM IST Bansal's wife seeks safety for women in trains
Railway minister Pawan Kumar Bansal’s wife seeks more safety measures for women traveling in trains in this year's railway Budget.
Wife Madhu Bansal said that he is under no stress and the only thing she wants in the Indian Railways is more safety for women. And she’s told him that, so expect it for sure in this year’s Railway Budget.
“I had told him to include a helpline number for women, they should feel safe while traveling,” she said
“No, no he’s under no stress,” she said, when asked if the Railway Minister was facing a lot of pressure.
“I don’t want a rail fare hike, we will have to wait for the rail budget,” the minister’s wife said.
After 17 years, the Railway Budget will be presented to Parliament by a Congressman so major emphasis must be on the pro people policies .
“Of course the budget will be drawn up in line with the philosophy of the Congress,” she said.
His son, Amit Bansal, also favours that this year Railway Budget should have something special for safety of women and better amenities.
“Security of women and passengers is of most importance. Security and food of good quality those were the main reasons of increasing the fares as there had not been an increase for almost a decade,” he said.
The minister has already promised a 24X7 helpline for women that will be tracked real time, with top priority accorded to safety of passengers, especially women.
“The safety and security of passengers, especially women, is top priority of the Indian Railways,” Bansal told “It’s not possible to deploy women constables in each of the 51,000 coaches. But soon there would be round-the-clock toll-free helpline for women and this will be tracked on real-time basis.”
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood star Deepika Padukone, along with 98 other women from Mumbai have featured in a
- Shruti to face cheating Case
- Katrina Kaif unveils her wax statue at Madame Tussauds
- See Deepika-Ranbir pics when they were in love
- OMG! Shahid is marrying this year
- PICS:Ram Gopal Verma is happy that India lost the match
- Kim adopts new look
- Why Ranbir Kapoor's father feels guilty?
- Priyanka congratulates her 'Rival' Kangana!
A new study reveals the secret of why men likes to grow their beards.
Mobile commerce is likely to overtake e-commerce in the next few years, spurred by the con