- Priyanka turns brand ambassador of UnnatiTanisha not afraid to \'Go Pink\'PICS of new BMW carsMovies to watch in December 2014Vegetarian delicacies at SAARC retreatTMC members wear black shawl in LSVeena Malik: Queen of controversiesPICS: Growing roses in drought too!Why Priyanka Chopra fainted on the sets several timesLindsay not invited in father\'s wedding
Upbeat over winning the China Open title and moving up to the fourth spot in the latest BW
Bansal's wife seeks safety for women in trains Last Updated : 26 Feb 2013 10:57:05 AM IST Bansal's wife seeks safety for women in trains
Railway minister Pawan Kumar Bansal’s wife seeks more safety measures for women traveling in trains in this year's railway Budget.
Wife Madhu Bansal said that he is under no stress and the only thing she wants in the Indian Railways is more safety for women. And she’s told him that, so expect it for sure in this year’s Railway Budget.
“I had told him to include a helpline number for women, they should feel safe while traveling,” she said
“No, no he’s under no stress,” she said, when asked if the Railway Minister was facing a lot of pressure.
“I don’t want a rail fare hike, we will have to wait for the rail budget,” the minister’s wife said.
After 17 years, the Railway Budget will be presented to Parliament by a Congressman so major emphasis must be on the pro people policies .
“Of course the budget will be drawn up in line with the philosophy of the Congress,” she said.
His son, Amit Bansal, also favours that this year Railway Budget should have something special for safety of women and better amenities.
“Security of women and passengers is of most importance. Security and food of good quality those were the main reasons of increasing the fares as there had not been an increase for almost a decade,” he said.
The minister has already promised a 24X7 helpline for women that will be tracked real time, with top priority accorded to safety of passengers, especially women.
“The safety and security of passengers, especially women, is top priority of the Indian Railways,” Bansal told “It’s not possible to deploy women constables in each of the 51,000 coaches. But soon there would be round-the-clock toll-free helpline for women and this will be tracked on real-time basis.”
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Realty firm Unnati Fortune Group has roped in Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra as the bra
- Tanisha not afraid to 'Go Pink'
- Movies to watch in December 2014
- Veena Malik: Queen of controversies
- Why Priyanka Chopra fainted on the sets several times
- Lindsay not invited in father's wedding
- Pamela Anderson sends tips to B-wood
- Why Arpita’s wedding was biggest event for B-town?
- 'DDLJ' new trailer launched
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Microsoft Devices has launched its first Lumia handset in India for Rs 9,199.