- 'Nimrat is an international actress'Mahhi loves making friendsFestival of Light Celebrates San Francisco’s Expanding Light Art SceneMercedes AMG GTS Launched in India at Rs 2.4 crore\'Besharam\' Ranbir Kapoor is experimenting with his craft‘Tamasha’ girl Deepika is no more a shy girlShocking: Bigg B is surviving on just 25% of his liverIs Ranbir Kapoor scared of Salman Khan?Varun\'s dinner date with NatashaWedding bells for Preity Zinta!
Rohan Bopanna, who finished runner-up at the season-ending Finale, returned top-10 as he g
Bansal's wife seeks safety for women in trains Last Updated : 26 Feb 2013 10:57:05 AM IST Bansal's wife seeks safety for women in trains
Railway minister Pawan Kumar Bansal’s wife seeks more safety measures for women traveling in trains in this year's railway Budget.
Wife Madhu Bansal said that he is under no stress and the only thing she wants in the Indian Railways is more safety for women. And she’s told him that, so expect it for sure in this year’s Railway Budget.
“I had told him to include a helpline number for women, they should feel safe while traveling,” she said
“No, no he’s under no stress,” she said, when asked if the Railway Minister was facing a lot of pressure.
“I don’t want a rail fare hike, we will have to wait for the rail budget,” the minister’s wife said.
After 17 years, the Railway Budget will be presented to Parliament by a Congressman so major emphasis must be on the pro people policies .
“Of course the budget will be drawn up in line with the philosophy of the Congress,” she said.
His son, Amit Bansal, also favours that this year Railway Budget should have something special for safety of women and better amenities.
“Security of women and passengers is of most importance. Security and food of good quality those were the main reasons of increasing the fares as there had not been an increase for almost a decade,” he said.
The minister has already promised a 24X7 helpline for women that will be tracked real time, with top priority accorded to safety of passengers, especially women.
“The safety and security of passengers, especially women, is top priority of the Indian Railways,” Bansal told “It’s not possible to deploy women constables in each of the 51,000 coaches. But soon there would be round-the-clock toll-free helpline for women and this will be tracked on real-time basis.”
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Nimrat Kaur co-star Akshay Kumar feels that she an international actress.
- Mahhi loves making friends
- 'Besharam' Ranbir Kapoor is experimenting with his craft
- ‘Tamasha’ girl Deepika is no more a shy girl
- Shocking: Bigg B is surviving on just 25% of his liver
- Shilpa thanks Raj Kundra for being her 'bestest friend'
- Hrithik in Kabir Khan's next?
- Varun's dinner date with Natasha
- Akshay yet to decide on remake of 'Kaththi'
In a gruesome and shocking incident, the head of a baby got separated from its body during
Apple's iPhone 6s series will be available in India from October 16 at a starting price of