- Kolkata best city to liveLFW 2014: Curtain raiser held in Mumbai, view pics5 Reasons Why You HAVE To Check Out the ‘MARY KOM’Samsung launches affordable phonesUnknown facts of Meena Kumar\'s lifeWhy is the PK poster a trend setterMeet PM Narendra Modi\'s dharmputraList of movies to be released in August 2014Ranbir, Deepika spotted on 'Tamasha' setsAkshay Kumar Gets Violent on the sets
With three more Gold, India moved to fifth spot in the Commonwealth Games 2014 at Glasgow
Bansal's wife seeks safety for women in trains Last Updated : 26 Feb 2013 10:57:05 AM IST Bansal's wife seeks safety for women in trains
Railway minister Pawan Kumar Bansal’s wife seeks more safety measures for women traveling in trains in this year's railway Budget.
Wife Madhu Bansal said that he is under no stress and the only thing she wants in the Indian Railways is more safety for women. And she’s told him that, so expect it for sure in this year’s Railway Budget.
“I had told him to include a helpline number for women, they should feel safe while traveling,” she said
“No, no he’s under no stress,” she said, when asked if the Railway Minister was facing a lot of pressure.
“I don’t want a rail fare hike, we will have to wait for the rail budget,” the minister’s wife said.
After 17 years, the Railway Budget will be presented to Parliament by a Congressman so major emphasis must be on the pro people policies .
“Of course the budget will be drawn up in line with the philosophy of the Congress,” she said.
His son, Amit Bansal, also favours that this year Railway Budget should have something special for safety of women and better amenities.
“Security of women and passengers is of most importance. Security and food of good quality those were the main reasons of increasing the fares as there had not been an increase for almost a decade,” he said.
The minister has already promised a 24X7 helpline for women that will be tracked real time, with top priority accorded to safety of passengers, especially women.
“The safety and security of passengers, especially women, is top priority of the Indian Railways,” Bansal told “It’s not possible to deploy women constables in each of the 51,000 coaches. But soon there would be round-the-clock toll-free helpline for women and this will be tracked on real-time basis.”
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
On 5th Sept. we will witness a woman’s glory which will surely pack a solid punch! We ar
- Tamanchey Trailer out: Richa Chadda back as hottest burglar
- KICK reaches the 200Cr mark worldwide in the first week!
- Unknown facts of Meena Kumar's life
- SRK is 'king' of Bollywood: Salman Khan
- Oops! Kareena flaunts her assets, watch video
- Aamir Khan launches 'PK' motion poster: Watch now
- List of movies to be released in August 2014
- Watch Priyanka Chopra's Mary Kom song Ziddi Dil
A naked man was walked on leash with something stuffed inside his anus
Samsung has launched three new smartphones priced below Rs 10,000 range.