- SRK, Salman candid moments at Arpita's wedding receptionSRK dances on 'Chaiyya Chaiyya' with Salman at Arpita's receptionCondoms, pregnancy test kit, rifles found in Rampal's AashramPoonam Pandey to endorse breast creamAamir, SRK and Salman together at same stageReview in pics of \'Happy Ending\'What is Salman Khan doing at his sister\'s feet?Kim Kardashian wants daughter to pose nudeMulayam to cut 75 feet cake on b'dayArpita Khan looks beautiful after marriage, see pics
Zinedine Zidane wins appeal against coaching ban for Real Madrid's reserve team
Sensex surges to 6-week high on US Fed comments Last Updated : 11 Jul 2013 05:48:25 PM IST Sensex closes on a high (File Photo)
The key S&P BSE Sensex surged two per cent on Thursday.
Sensex closed at a six-week high of 19,676.06, tracking global stock markets that were boosted by US Federal Reserve Chief Ben Bernanke's comments on continuing monetary stimulus.
The 30-share gauge opened higher, following firm Asian cues, and rallied to 19,723.51. At the close, it added 381.94 points to 19,676.06, the highest level since 19,760.30 reached on May 31. It dropped 0.75 per cent on Wednesday, July 10.
Trading sentiment was bolstered after Bernanke last night signalled that the monetary stimulus would continue for some time, boosting the prospects of fund flows to the emerging markets, brokers said. The Fed's bond-buying programme, which has flooded global markets with liquidity, has helped support an array of assets, including equities.
Cautious investors picked fundamentally strong stocks ahead of the earnings season, starting tomorrow with first-quarter results from Infosys.
The broader Nifty index on the National Stock Exchange gained 118.40 points, or 2.04 per cent, to close at 5,935.10. The SX40 index of the MCX-SX closed 211.03 points, or 1.83 per
cent, higher at 11,744.81.
Investors were richer by nearly Rs 1 lakh crore as overall 1,358 stocks rose while 974 declined on the BSE platform.
"Indian markets rallied strongly, propelled by comments from Mr. Bernanke," said Sanjeev Zarbade, Vice President - Private Client Group Research, at Kotak Securities. "Going ahead, we have the Infosys numbers. While the recovery in markets is comforting, crude oil has again firmed up...We remain concerned on this front.?
The rupee, which rose to a one-month high in early trade, erased those gains to close marginally weaker at 59.67 against the dollar.
Overall, 12 of the 13 sectoral indices gained, adding between 0.55 per cent and 3 per cent, with metals, banking, realty, capital goods, refinery and PSU segments taking the lead.
The major Sensex gainers included HDFC Bank, ITC, HDFC, TCS, Reliance Industries, ICICI Bank, L&T, ONGC, Bharti Airtel, Infosys and SBI.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The superstars of Bollywood Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan share some happy moments at Arp
- Rajinikanth skips Kochadaiyaan's screening at IFFI
- Why Aamir Khan missed Arpita's wedding reception
- SRK dances on 'Chaiyya Chaiyya' with Salman at Arpita's reception
- Ranbir happy Salman called Katrina Mrs Kapoor
- Deepika named Katrin as talented star
- Poonam Pandey to endorse breast cream
- Aamir, SRK and Salman together at same stage
- Review in pics of 'Happy Ending'
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Nokia is not going to give up easily as the company has now come up with a new tablet.