- Top most Sexy South SirensOMG! Saif caught with pants down, view picsNew Alto K10 to launch next monthParties begin in Rajesh Khanna\'s AashirwaadEkta Kapoor's Box Cricket LeagueWatch Deepika Padukone promoting Happy New YearPICS: Fiat Avventura launched at Rs 5.99 lakhSalman's family ready for Diwali, Arpita's wedding celebrationsAishwarya Rai, Katrina Kaif\'s Diwali looksBollywood bombs, Patakas and phuljharis, view pics
South African prison officials say Oscar Pistorius spent his first night in a single cell
Delhi buying chocolates online, Hyderabad electric shavers: eBay Last Updated : 24 Mar 2013 01:45:14 PM IST File photo
Buyers in Delhi are indulging their sweet tooth by buying chocolates online, customers in Chennai are spending big on battery-operated toys, while consumers in Kolkata find solace in acquiring Tibetan collectibles, a census by eCommerce platform eBay shows.
According to eBay's 'Census 2012, country's commercial capital Mumbai is exporting fashion jewellery, whereas Bengaluru tops the list for shipping yoga videos. The eBay census is an analysis of all online buying and selling by Indians on its website between July 2011-December 2012.
The report, however, does not mention any city-specific figure for items bought/sold or merchandise value bought/sold.
While, Ahmedabad topped lingerie imports and Hyderabad concentrated on grooming by buying electric shavers online, for the pink city Jaipur it was purchasing toy cars, the report said.
Among cities, Delhi retained its position as India's top ecommerce hub followed by Mumbai, Jaipur, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Chandigarh and Pune, the 5th edition of the eBay census showed.
Among the top 10 brands, there are six which are selling handsets -- Samsung, Apple, Sony, Nokia, BlackBerry and Micromax. The other four brands are Scandisk, Canon, Transcend and Nikon, which also signify the rising fad for electronic and digital products.
India's rising eCommerce industry is currently in a nascent stage at USD 800 million (about Rs 4,347 crore) but is expected to grow rapidly to USD five billion (around Rs 272 billion) by 2015.
India has 4306 eCommerce hubs from all 28 states and seven Union Territories, a 30 per cent increase from 2011.
The top 5 states with most transactions were Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
The most wired states with maximum eCommerce hubs were Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.
Electronics continue to dominate and hold share at 48 per cent on domestic transactions with lifestyle categories (41 per cent) gaining traction with the advent of an increased number of women consumers, the census said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
South sirens of the South have been very dear to the fans.
- OMG! Saif caught with pants down, view pics
- Parties begin in Rajesh Khanna's Aashirwaad
- Ekta Kapoor's Box Cricket League
- Watch Deepika Padukone promoting Happy New Year
- Salman's family ready for Diwali, Arpita's wedding celebrations
- Aishwarya Rai, Katrina Kaif's Diwali looks
- Salman cleans Karjat, nominates Aamir for 'Swachh Bharat campaign'
- SPOTTED: Ranbir, Katrina in Thailand
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country