- \'Diwali\' celebrations in picsSexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthdayRanveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'Katie Holmes shares beauty tipsHalle Berry launched lingersPics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan\'s diwali partyImages: Happy New Year movie stars dazzle in DubaiSONGS: Manna Dey had a mesmerising voice!PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans at Siachen
Sharapova inexplicably collapsed from a set and 5-1 up, missing three match points and los
Delhi buying chocolates online, Hyderabad electric shavers: eBay Last Updated : 24 Mar 2013 01:45:14 PM IST File photo
Buyers in Delhi are indulging their sweet tooth by buying chocolates online, customers in Chennai are spending big on battery-operated toys, while consumers in Kolkata find solace in acquiring Tibetan collectibles, a census by eCommerce platform eBay shows.
According to eBay's 'Census 2012, country's commercial capital Mumbai is exporting fashion jewellery, whereas Bengaluru tops the list for shipping yoga videos. The eBay census is an analysis of all online buying and selling by Indians on its website between July 2011-December 2012.
The report, however, does not mention any city-specific figure for items bought/sold or merchandise value bought/sold.
While, Ahmedabad topped lingerie imports and Hyderabad concentrated on grooming by buying electric shavers online, for the pink city Jaipur it was purchasing toy cars, the report said.
Among cities, Delhi retained its position as India's top ecommerce hub followed by Mumbai, Jaipur, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Chandigarh and Pune, the 5th edition of the eBay census showed.
Among the top 10 brands, there are six which are selling handsets -- Samsung, Apple, Sony, Nokia, BlackBerry and Micromax. The other four brands are Scandisk, Canon, Transcend and Nikon, which also signify the rising fad for electronic and digital products.
India's rising eCommerce industry is currently in a nascent stage at USD 800 million (about Rs 4,347 crore) but is expected to grow rapidly to USD five billion (around Rs 272 billion) by 2015.
India has 4306 eCommerce hubs from all 28 states and seven Union Territories, a 30 per cent increase from 2011.
The top 5 states with most transactions were Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
The most wired states with maximum eCommerce hubs were Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.
Electronics continue to dominate and hold share at 48 per cent on domestic transactions with lifestyle categories (41 per cent) gaining traction with the advent of an increased number of women consumers, the census said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
It is often said that Shah Rukh Khan repeats himself as an actor time and again
- Amitabh's Jalsa turns star studded this Diwali
- Deepika challenges Sunny Leone
- Major fire at Ekta Kapoor's Nixon studio
- Sexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthday
- Ranveer hides his bald look under hat in party
- Ten reasons to watch 'Happy New Year'
- Elizabeth Hurley enjoying with little man
- Katie Holmes shares beauty tips
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country