- Jab Kareena met Mira and Shahid met SaifParineeti gets in a new skinWhy was Kareena-Arjun intimate scenes deleted?Who will win 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded'?Katrina-Arjun\'s \'Fitoor\' wraps shootingWhen Kapil was pushed out of Aishwarya\'s vanity vanPriyanka to return to India for \'Bajirao\' shoot next weekShraddha Kapoor wraps \'Baaghi\' shootMovie review 'Singh is Bliing'Movie review 'Talvar'
Riding on forward SK Uthappa's twin strike, the Indian men's hockey team posted yet anothe
Delhi buying chocolates online, Hyderabad electric shavers: eBay Last Updated : 24 Mar 2013 01:45:14 PM IST File photo
Buyers in Delhi are indulging their sweet tooth by buying chocolates online, customers in Chennai are spending big on battery-operated toys, while consumers in Kolkata find solace in acquiring Tibetan collectibles, a census by eCommerce platform eBay shows.
According to eBay's 'Census 2012, country's commercial capital Mumbai is exporting fashion jewellery, whereas Bengaluru tops the list for shipping yoga videos. The eBay census is an analysis of all online buying and selling by Indians on its website between July 2011-December 2012.
The report, however, does not mention any city-specific figure for items bought/sold or merchandise value bought/sold.
While, Ahmedabad topped lingerie imports and Hyderabad concentrated on grooming by buying electric shavers online, for the pink city Jaipur it was purchasing toy cars, the report said.
Among cities, Delhi retained its position as India's top ecommerce hub followed by Mumbai, Jaipur, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Chandigarh and Pune, the 5th edition of the eBay census showed.
Among the top 10 brands, there are six which are selling handsets -- Samsung, Apple, Sony, Nokia, BlackBerry and Micromax. The other four brands are Scandisk, Canon, Transcend and Nikon, which also signify the rising fad for electronic and digital products.
India's rising eCommerce industry is currently in a nascent stage at USD 800 million (about Rs 4,347 crore) but is expected to grow rapidly to USD five billion (around Rs 272 billion) by 2015.
India has 4306 eCommerce hubs from all 28 states and seven Union Territories, a 30 per cent increase from 2011.
The top 5 states with most transactions were Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
The most wired states with maximum eCommerce hubs were Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.
Electronics continue to dominate and hold share at 48 per cent on domestic transactions with lifestyle categories (41 per cent) gaining traction with the advent of an increased number of women consumers, the census said.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
What happened when Kareena Kapoor met Mira Rajput and Shahid Kapoor met Shahid? Read on...
- 'Guddi Ki Gun' trailer released: Watch now
- BO clash of "Dilwale", "Bajirao Mastani" unfortunate: Priyanka
- Aishwarya doesn't like to be tagged as glamorous
- When Deepika and Ranveer shared a cute kiss
- Parineeti gets in a new skin
- Is Sooraj Pancholi dating Elli Avram?
- Why was Kareena-Arjun intimate scenes deleted?
- Who will win 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded'?
A dog in the US had to be rescued after it accidentally knocked its owner's idling truck i
Google fired back at Apple with a pair of new smartphones, a "convertible" tablet and othe