- Images: Salman Khan, rumored girlfriend Jacqueline celebrate EidImages: Hot Evelyn Sharma finds Varun Dhawan super cuteOMG! Salman Khan turned down Hercules movie offer for KickVideo: Irina Shayk looks sizzling hot in Hercules opposite Dwayne JohnsonKolkata best city to liveLFW 2014: Curtain raiser held in Mumbai, view pics5 Reasons Why You HAVE To Check Out the ‘MARY KOM’Samsung launches affordable phonesUnknown facts of Meena Kumar\'s lifeWhy is the PK poster a trend setter
With three more Gold, India moved to fifth spot in the Commonwealth Games 2014 at Glasgow
Delhi buying chocolates online, Hyderabad electric shavers: eBay Last Updated : 24 Mar 2013 01:45:14 PM IST File photo
Buyers in Delhi are indulging their sweet tooth by buying chocolates online, customers in Chennai are spending big on battery-operated toys, while consumers in Kolkata find solace in acquiring Tibetan collectibles, a census by eCommerce platform eBay shows.
According to eBay's 'Census 2012, country's commercial capital Mumbai is exporting fashion jewellery, whereas Bengaluru tops the list for shipping yoga videos. The eBay census is an analysis of all online buying and selling by Indians on its website between July 2011-December 2012.
The report, however, does not mention any city-specific figure for items bought/sold or merchandise value bought/sold.
While, Ahmedabad topped lingerie imports and Hyderabad concentrated on grooming by buying electric shavers online, for the pink city Jaipur it was purchasing toy cars, the report said.
Among cities, Delhi retained its position as India's top ecommerce hub followed by Mumbai, Jaipur, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Chandigarh and Pune, the 5th edition of the eBay census showed.
Among the top 10 brands, there are six which are selling handsets -- Samsung, Apple, Sony, Nokia, BlackBerry and Micromax. The other four brands are Scandisk, Canon, Transcend and Nikon, which also signify the rising fad for electronic and digital products.
India's rising eCommerce industry is currently in a nascent stage at USD 800 million (about Rs 4,347 crore) but is expected to grow rapidly to USD five billion (around Rs 272 billion) by 2015.
India has 4306 eCommerce hubs from all 28 states and seven Union Territories, a 30 per cent increase from 2011.
The top 5 states with most transactions were Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
The most wired states with maximum eCommerce hubs were Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.
Electronics continue to dominate and hold share at 48 per cent on domestic transactions with lifestyle categories (41 per cent) gaining traction with the advent of an increased number of women consumers, the census said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For runs into trouble again as a result of Eva Green's nudity in
- Images: Salman Khan, rumored girlfriend Jacqueline celebrate Eid
- Images: Hot Evelyn Sharma finds Varun Dhawan super cute
- OMG! Salman Khan turned down Hercules movie offer for Kick
- Video: Irina Shayk looks sizzling hot in Hercules opposite Dwayne Johnson
- 5 Reasons Why You HAVE To Check Out the ‘MARY KOM’
- Tamanchey Trailer out: Richa Chadda back as hottest burglar
- KICK reaches the 200Cr mark worldwide in the first week!
- Unknown facts of Meena Kumar's life
A naked man was walked on leash with something stuffed inside his anus
Samsung has launched three new smartphones priced below Rs 10,000 range.