- Vidya-Emraan fabulous in ‘Hamari Adhuri Kahani\'Filmfare Awards 2015:Kangana gets best actressMy feelings for Upen were realRekha,Katrina shoot for \'Fitoor\' in KashmirForget liplock, I won\'t marry Diandra ,says Gautam GulatiGautam Gulati wins \'Bigg Boss Halla Bol\'Chillai Kalan ends in KashmirAmrita Arora Style Diva of Dilli Ki SardiBollywood\'s dimpled beauty Preity Zinta turns 39Vidya Balan as Benazir Bhutto in her next release
Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulated Leander Paes on Sunday for winning Australian
Immigration bill introduced in US Congress to attract talents from India ,China Last Updated : 16 Feb 2013 09:13:49 AM IST Immigration bill introduced in US Congress to attract talents from India ,China
Targeting highly skilled talents from India and China, a bi-partisan group of US lawmakers have introduced a new bill in the Congress to create more than 125,000 new visas to attract global talents to America.
The bill called Startup 3.0 proposes to help increase America's access to talent by creating a new set of conditional visas for 75,000 immigrant entrepreneurs and 50,000 foreign STEM (Science technology, engineering and math) graduate students.
This will create half a million new American jobs, claimed authors of the bill, early this week. The bill has the support of top US companies and organisations like Microsoft, Google, National Small Business Association (NSBA), CTIA, Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), Financial Services Forum, Computer and Communications Industry Association (CCIA), TechAmercia, Information Technology Industry (ITI), Compete America, Silicon Valley Leadership Group, and TechNet.
Startup 3.0 allows qualified companies to apply research and development tax credits to their payroll tax liability, up to USD 250,000. For small startups, it also makes permanent the 100 per cent capital gains tax exemption on investments that are held
for more than 5 years, in addition to the 28 per cent exemption on qualified small business stock.
These provisions will unlock over USD 7.5 billion in new investments which will result in more innovation and jobs.Finally, the bill helps cut red tape, by requiring a cost-benefit analysis of any significant rule being proposed by a federal or independent agency.
"Too often we educate the world's best and brightest in STEM fields, only to send them back to countries like India and China to open businesses and compete against us. This bill will keep top talent here in the US to build businesses that hire Americans, and drive US innovation and competitiveness," Congressman Grimm said.
"With a renewed focus on comprehensive immigration reform, it is imperative that we take commonsense steps to help the US
compete and win the global competition for talented innovators and entrepreneurs," Senator Warner said.
The bill has been welcomed by the White House. "I'm encouraged to see continued enthusiasm and momentum in Washington to support entrepreneurs," said Steve Case, Revolution LLC CEO and member of President Obama's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Mahesh Bhatt, who has written 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani', the upcoming love story from his pro
- Filmfare Awards 2015:Kangana gets best actress
- My feelings for Upen were real
- Rekha,Katrina shoot for 'Fitoor' in Kashmir
- Forget liplock, I won't marry Diandra ,says Gautam Gulati
- Gautam Gulati wins 'Bigg Boss Halla Bol'
- Amrita Arora Style Diva of Dilli Ki Sardi
- Bollywood's dimpled beauty Preity Zinta turns 39
- Vidya Balan as Benazir Bhutto in her next release
Thousands of live cats destined "for consumption" have been seized in Hanoi.
test ad galery 3