- Censor board bans \'Sex Tape\' releaseImages: What was Aishwarya Rai Bachchan doing at CWG Glasgow?Salman takes fans for rideWatch leaked video of Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika PadukoneVarun Dhawan lands in jailOplus launches XonPhone 5 in IndiaSunil Grover shoots for his first come-back episodeDogs have feelings too!Akshay records song liveWhat makes Honda Mobilio a better choice!
The master batsman and leading run-scorer in test history presented her with a car when s
Govt for more steps to turnaround economy: FM Last Updated : 14 Dec 2012 01:55:38 PM IST Fresh steps to revive economy: FM
"I am confident that the steps we have taken, and some more steps that we will take in the next few weeks, will help turn the Indian economy around," he said addressing the 'Delhi Economics Conclave'.
In the recent past, government has taken a number of measures, including opening up of FDI in multi-brand retail and hiking foreign investment cap in the aviation sector, to boost economic growth and restore investor confidence.
Besides yesterday, the Union Cabinet cleared setting up of Cabinet Committee of Investment to fast-track large project entailing investment of over Rs 1,000 crore.
"It is too early to say whether the measures have begun to bear fruit, although it is our expectation that they will do so," Chidambaram said.
Concerned over sticky retail inflation, the Minister said: "There is no reason at all to become complacent".
While headline inflation has moderated to 7.45 per cent in October, the retail inflation remains high at 9.90 per cent.
The economic growth in the first half of the fiscal fell to 5.4 per cent, against 7.3 per cent in the corresponding period a year ago. The growth in 2011-12 fell to a nine-year low of 6.5 per cent. In the current fiscal RBI expects it to be around 5.8 per cent.
Stressing that the present challenge is different from the one faced in 2008, Chidambaram said: "The present challenge calls for bold and innovative measures".
While in 2008-09 imports had reduced considerably due to fall in international crude oil prices, the situation at present is different as, while exports are declining, imports continue to remain high mainly on account of crude and gold.
He said with rapid globalisation of economy, external sector is becoming more vulnerable.
The Finance Minister also asked Asian G20 member nations and Russia to increase resource base of Asian Development Bank for development of the region.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood film industry censor board has decided to put ban on the release of Hollywood re
- Images: What was Aishwarya Rai Bachchan doing at CWG Glasgow?
- Salman takes fans for ride
- Watch leaked video of Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone
- Varun Dhawan lands in jail
- Rani shoots video with police woman
- Sunil Grover shoots for his first come-back episode
- Watch : Bang Bang teaser as it gets over 2.3 mn views in 24 hours
- Akshay records song live
According to a new study that found dogs can also get possessive when it comes to the love
Handset maker Oplus Technologies has launched its smartphone, XonPhone 5 in the Indian mar