- It's January wedding for Kapil SharmaOutdoor games can make kids love natureNever put on so much weight before: Ranbir KapoorKnow more about Rani MukerjiI love, respect Sunil Grover: Kapil SharmaKareena's pic with Taimur will make your daySunny Leone excited to attend Justin Bieber's Mumbai concertCelebs attend Aishwarya's father funeralAmitabh mourns death of Aishwarya's fatherSunny Leone to endorse Dubai-based mobile brand
Spain and Italy eased past their opponents to stay unbeaten in Group G of the 2018 footba
Hundreds of Afghans stranded as Pakistan seals Torkham border IANS Last Updated : 17 Feb 2017 04:48:03 PM IST (File Photo)
Hundreds of Afghans were on Friday stranded at Torkham since early morning as Pakistan sealed off the border crossing hours after a terror attack at a crowded shrine in Sindh province which left 75 persons dead.
"I have been waiting since early morning to take a patient to Peshawar city of Pakistan but the border gate is closed," Xinhua news agency quoted an Afghan citizen, Noor Gul, as saying.
Rahman, another Afghan citizen waiting to cross the border point to visit a doctor in Peshawar, said he was unaware of the border closure, which Pakistani officials said was due to security concerns.
Hashmatullah from Kabul, who was waiting to receive the coffin of a relative who died in a hospital in Peshawar, also grieved the situation.
Pakistani authorities late on Thursday sealed the border crossing with Afghanistan for an indefinite period after a bomb ripped through the shrine of Lal Shehbaz Qalandar in Sehwan town of Sindh province.
According to the authorities, the border crossing has been sealed for all kinds of trade and commercial activities.
Hundreds of Afghans cross the border point at Torkham daily to visit their relatives or take patients to Pakistan for medical treatment.
The Torkham border point connects Nangarhar province of Afghanistan to Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
The Islamic State militant group has claimed responsibility for the attack that also left nearly 300 persons injured.
Pakistan blames militants from Afghanistan for the attack and summoned Afghan embassy officials and handed over a list of 76 terrorists they believe are hiding in Afghanistan.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment ( posted):
After giving a striking performance in critically acclaimed 'Pink', Kirti Kulhari is set t
- VIDEO: Huma Qureshi on 28-day detox
- NTR's leaked look from his next film goes viral
- Taking time to have a personal life: Selena Gomez
- 6 American Tv shows Indians love to watch
- Feeling beautiful begins with feeling confident, says Deepika
- 'Golmaal Again' best set I've been on: Parineeti Chopra
- Anil Kapoor is a delight to work with: Neha Sharma
- We're a great team: Twinkle on marriage with Akshay
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
At a time when margins are razor-thin in the fast-growing domestic smartphone market, any