- B-town couples grace Shahid's pre-birthday bashSay goodbye to cold with home remediesJoy to see Alia receive award from Sridevi, Mahesh BhattVIPs who got inked in third phase of UP electionsWhen Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roofJ&K awaits another spell of rain, snowfallWhen Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha MishraWhat are attractive lips?'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrityNeil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affair
The fourth edition of the Tata Motors T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship will be held on M
Hundreds of Afghans stranded as Pakistan seals Torkham border IANS Last Updated : 17 Feb 2017 04:48:03 PM IST (File Photo)
Hundreds of Afghans were on Friday stranded at Torkham since early morning as Pakistan sealed off the border crossing hours after a terror attack at a crowded shrine in Sindh province which left 75 persons dead.
"I have been waiting since early morning to take a patient to Peshawar city of Pakistan but the border gate is closed," Xinhua news agency quoted an Afghan citizen, Noor Gul, as saying.
Rahman, another Afghan citizen waiting to cross the border point to visit a doctor in Peshawar, said he was unaware of the border closure, which Pakistani officials said was due to security concerns.
Hashmatullah from Kabul, who was waiting to receive the coffin of a relative who died in a hospital in Peshawar, also grieved the situation.
Pakistani authorities late on Thursday sealed the border crossing with Afghanistan for an indefinite period after a bomb ripped through the shrine of Lal Shehbaz Qalandar in Sehwan town of Sindh province.
According to the authorities, the border crossing has been sealed for all kinds of trade and commercial activities.
Hundreds of Afghans cross the border point at Torkham daily to visit their relatives or take patients to Pakistan for medical treatment.
The Torkham border point connects Nangarhar province of Afghanistan to Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
The Islamic State militant group has claimed responsibility for the attack that also left nearly 300 persons injured.
Pakistan blames militants from Afghanistan for the attack and summoned Afghan embassy officials and handed over a list of 76 terrorists they believe are hiding in Afghanistan.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
"The Ghazi Attack", starring actor Rana Daggubati, minted Rs 15.75 crore across India duri
- Will Sara Ali Khan be as lucky as Alia Bhatt
- B-town couples grace Shahid's pre-birthday bash
- Video: Jhanvi grooves with boyfriend
- Pics:Joy to see Alia receive award from Sridevi, Mahesh Bhatt
- When Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roof
- When Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha Mishra
- 'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrity
- Neil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affair
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
ZTE to launch, Gigabit, phone, at MWC 2017, Beijing, Chinese smartphone, ZTE is set to, la