- Can't tolerate bullying: Kangana RanautAbRam gets magic in SRK's lifeUnknown facts about Shahid KapoorPriyanka Chopra to attend 2017 OscarsSelect right jewellery for wedding functionsPlastic surgery goes wrong for Ayesha TakiaMy scenes in 'Rangoon' were cut: Kangana RanautA fasting diet may help to reverse diabetes'Rangoon': An impressively immersive filmMahashivaratri Wallpapers and Facebook images
Sanjeev Rajput finished fifth in the mens 50m Rifle 3 Positions event on a disappointing d
Kabul calls for UN action against Islamabad IANS Last Updated : 11 Jan 2017 11:11:31 AM IST (file photo)
A day after an international meeting in Islamabad to pave way for peace talks between Kabul and the Taliban, Afghanistan launched a stinging attack on Pakistan for aiding terrorist groups and asked the Security Council to take action on governments promoting extremist violence.
The Security Council could devise a method to identify "elements in some 'State institutions' (that) facilitate violence and extremist activities by non-state proxies as a means to advance their foreign policy agenda," Afghanistan's Permanent Representative Mahmoud Saikal said Tuesday.
Speaking at the Council debate on Conflict Prevention and Sustaining Peace, he did not mention Pakistan, but it was clear that he was referring to Islamabad's activities in the region.
"The cycle of violence and insecurity in Afghanistan, and our part of the world is inextricably linked to the presence of sanctuaries and safe-havens in the region, from which extremist groups are sustained and enjoy an incessant flow of political, financial, material and logistical support for the continuation of their malicious activities," he said.
On an issue with bearing on the meeting in Islamabad on Monday by Afghanistan, China, Pakistan and the US to facilitate peace talks between Kabul and the Taliban, Saikal declared that interactions with "armed groups" active in his country should have Kabul's approval.
He said, "Any kind of talks on the situation in my country has neither any value nor legitimacy without the participation and approval of our government which is the most democratically elected administration in the history of our nation."
Without naming Islamabad, he added, "We have expressed strong reservations in regards to open declarations by some in our region of their contacts with armed opposition groups active in Afghanistan, conducted without the consent of the Afghan government."loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Kangana credits her success and failures to her growth in Bollywood. "Every single day has
- Fire at warehouse, film city in Bengal, no injuries
- Pics; AbRam gets magic in SRK's life
- No one should instruct adults what to watch: Motwane
- Very rewarding: Taapsee on watching 'Pink' with President
- Kabir Khan slams CBFC for refusing certificate to 'Lipstick...'
- Unknown facts about Shahid Kapoor
- Priyanka Chopra to attend 2017 Oscars
- Big B, Taapsee to watch 'Pink' with President
If you are living in a neighbourhood surrounded by trees and shrubs, with birds chirping
Number of Facebook users across the globe were locked out of their accounts due to an erro