- PK is a wonderful piece of cinemaArpita-Ayush honeymoon picsWho looks prettiest in Big Star AwardTop 10 secrets of 'PK' movie revealedStanford University students meets SRKKate Upton named sexiest womanMeet four sexy Kingfisher Calender 2015 hot girlsWe have killed all the children...What next?:Peshawar terrorists to handlerTop ten spicy controversies of Aamir KhanTen Bollywood scandals of 2014
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
Malaysian Airlines 777-200 Flight Crashes into South China Sea,rescue operations on Last Updated : 08 Mar 2014 11:57:45 AM IST Malaysian Airlines 777-200 Flight Crashes into South China Sea,rescue operations on
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew crashed in the South China Sea on Saturday and China has deployed two rescue ships in the South China Sea to help in rescue operations.
The Boeing 777-200, carrying 239 passengers, lost contact with air traffic control two hours after it had departed from Kuala Lumpur at 12.41 am local time (10.11 pm IST on Saturday night), the airline said in a statement.
Malaysia and Vietnam were conducting a joint search and rescue, he said but gave no details.
Malaysia Airlines had yet to confirm that the aircraft had crashed.
Operating on the B777-200 aircraft, the MH 370 departed Kuala Lumpur today at 12:41am (1010 pm IST) and lost touch with the ATC around 2:40 am (1210 am IST).
Flight MH370, operating a Boeing 777-200ER aircraft, last had contact with air traffic controllers 120 nautical miles off the east coast of the Malaysian town of Kota Bharu, Malaysia Airlines chief executive Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said
The flight having 239 people including 12 crew members onboard was expected to land in Beijing at 6:30 am.
Malaysia Airlines said it is currently working with the authorities who have activated their Search and Rescue team to locate the aircraft.
The Airlines has had an excellent track record, it said. Meanwhile, the China Civil Aviation Administration (CCAA) has confirmed that over 150 of the passengers were Chinese nationals.
So far, the plane has not contacted Chinese air trafficmanagement department or entered China's airspace, state run Xinhua news agency reported.
"The news is very disturbing. We hope everyone on the plane is safe," said Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi on the sidelines of the annual session of the National People's Congress, China's top legislature.
He said that China's Foreign Ministry and the related departments had activated emergency response mechanism."As soon as we have any more information, we will give it to you immediately," he said.
A Search and Rescue team has been activated, and the Malaysia Airlines team is calling next-of-kin. Malaysia Airlines provided this website and the following number to contact for more information: +603 7884 1234.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
PK, Rajkumar Hirani's fourth directorial venture, is a wonderful piece of cinema.
- Rajinikanth to be grandfather soon
- Arpita-Ayush honeymoon pics
- Who looks prettiest in Big Star Award
- Top 10 secrets of 'PK' movie revealed
- Stanford University students meets SRK
- Kate Upton named sexiest woman
- Meet four sexy Kingfisher Calender 2015 hot girls
- I won't be hosting Bigg Boss 8: Salman Khan
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
Homegrown handset maker Lava on Tuesday launched a new smartphone -- Iris Fuel 60 -- offer