- Rishi slams stars for missing Vinod Khanna's funeralSharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad BediDiamond shapes define your personality tooEating 'diet' foods can make you fat: StudyImtiaz to finalize title of upcoming filmHow to make your bedroom summer-friendlyShraddha ages in 'Haseena...'How to dress right for office in summerVIP voting in MCD polls amid EVM glitches'Half Girlfriend' to release across 1600 Indian screens
Internationally acclaimed sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik from Odisha won the gold medal at
Italian PM Enrico Letta resigns Last Updated : 14 Feb 2014 07:43:29 PM IST File photo of Italian Prime Minister Enrico Letta.
Italian Prime Minister Enrico Letta officially submitted his resignation to President Giorgio Napolitano on Friday in Rome.
Letta was received at the presidential palace late in the morning, and had a 50-minute talk with the head of state, after holding his last cabinet meeting as scheduled, international web media reported.
Centre-right Forza Italia party and other opposition forces made a call for Letta to go before parliament and explain the reasons of his step, in order to give more "formality" to a political crisis that broke entirely from within the main ruling Partito Democratico (PD) or Democratic Party. Their request, however, was dismissed.
President Napolitano, 88, is due now to begin a round of consultations with all parliamentary parties to see if a majority can be secured around a new appointed premier and thus try avoid snap elections.
Italian Prime Minister Enrico Letta resigns amid bickering:
The first consultations will begin Friday afternoon and will end Saturday, the president stated.
Both the president and the parties seemed quite aware that prolonged instability might harm Italy before international observers.
European countries' comments seemed to corroborate this fear. German Chancellor Angela Merkel, through her spokesman, said that "Germany is following the crisis with great attention and it wishes for a swift solution".
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt says S.S. Rajamoulis magnum opus "Baahubali 2: The Conclusion" will
- Rishi slams stars for missing Vinod Khanna's funeral
- Indian short film to be screened by Unesco in Indonesia
- Deepika shot title track of 'Raabta' in one night
- 'Baahubali 2': Hype by makers, expectations by fans touch new highs
- Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis to again work with Shyamalan
- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad Bedi
- Parineeti doesn't need auto tune for singing
- Shraddha Kapoor 'honoured' to play Saina Nehwal in biopic
More than 20 funeral artefacts were unearthed during the excavation of two 2,000-year-old
Chinese smartphone-maker Huawei, under its Honor brand, is rumoured to launch "Honor 8 Lit