- Juhi says tv is no longer small mediumThe 46th IFFI creating buzz in GoaExclusive: Why Salim Khan was wearing Mr Right cap?OMG! Stress can make you uglySRK-Kajol don\'t take their stardom for granted: Varun SharmaBest Thanksgiving Parades in the USA in PicsKabir Khan feels cinema can\'t help fight terrorismSushant to romance Kriti Sanon in Dinesh Vijan\'s moviePriyanka not to promote \'Bajirao Mastani\'Lagaan actress Gracy Singh to play goddess Santoshi in the show Santoshi Maa!
Pro-cam International announces arrangements for route map of Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2
Italian PM Enrico Letta resigns Last Updated : 14 Feb 2014 07:43:29 PM IST File photo of Italian Prime Minister Enrico Letta.
Italian Prime Minister Enrico Letta officially submitted his resignation to President Giorgio Napolitano on Friday in Rome.
Letta was received at the presidential palace late in the morning, and had a 50-minute talk with the head of state, after holding his last cabinet meeting as scheduled, international web media reported.
Centre-right Forza Italia party and other opposition forces made a call for Letta to go before parliament and explain the reasons of his step, in order to give more "formality" to a political crisis that broke entirely from within the main ruling Partito Democratico (PD) or Democratic Party. Their request, however, was dismissed.
President Napolitano, 88, is due now to begin a round of consultations with all parliamentary parties to see if a majority can be secured around a new appointed premier and thus try avoid snap elections.
Italian Prime Minister Enrico Letta resigns amid bickering:
The first consultations will begin Friday afternoon and will end Saturday, the president stated.
Both the president and the parties seemed quite aware that prolonged instability might harm Italy before international observers.
European countries' comments seemed to corroborate this fear. German Chancellor Angela Merkel, through her spokesman, said that "Germany is following the crisis with great attention and it wishes for a swift solution".
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Juhi Parmar says Television is no longer small medium.
- Keith returns to 'Bigg Boss 9'
- The 46th IFFI creating buzz in Goa
- Aamir not to leave India forever
- Vivek avoids commenting on Salman
- Exclusive: Why Salim Khan was wearing Mr Right cap?
- SRK-Kajol don't take their stardom for granted: Varun Sharma
- Kabir Khan feels cinema can't help fight terrorism
- Genelia posts pictures of birthday boy Riaan
In a gruesome and shocking incident, the head of a baby got separated from its body during
The Power Electronics and Control unit company has developed mobile application "MassPark"