- Katrina reveals her bridal look!Who is Radhika Apte?OMG! Sexy Sunny doing 'Daaru Peeke Dance'Rahul Gandhi travels in general compartmentMeet gorgeous girl UrvashiFinally! Ranbir Kapoor admits he is in loveEight superfood for your immune systemWhen Ranbir took Virat\'s ladylove in his armsKangana, Mamata Kulkarni, Madakini posed frontal nudeShahid shattered, fiancee Mira Rajput's pics with ex boyfriend go viral
Sachin Tendulkar is furious about the news of his daughter Sara making a Bollywood debut.
Hindu couples celebrate 'Karwa Chauth' in Pakistan Last Updated : 23 Oct 2013 10:19:06 AM IST Hindu couples celebrate 'Karwa Chauth' in Pakistan
Dozens of Hindus celebrated the Indian festival of Karwa Chauth in Pakistan's largest city Karachi with traditional fervour and gaiety.
Hindu couples gathered at the Laxmi Narayan Mandir near the Netty Jetty bridge yesterday night to celebrate the occasion.
On Karwa Chauth, Hindu women, especially in North India and Gujarat, traditionally observe day-long fast for longevity and well-being of their husbands. They break their fast after sighting the moon through a sieve.
Mehndi and heena are used for body arts by women during the festive season. Rani, who broke her fast on the footsteps of the mandir which overlooks the Netty Jetty waters said for her and many other Hindu married women the annual festival had become very important because of its religious significance.
"Given the sort of situation we are facing in Karachi these days basically everyday is Karwa Chauth for us women no matter which religion they belong too. Things are so uncertain we just keep on praying that our husbands return home safely after work," Rani said.
"We have Karwa Chauth and we fast because it means it will keep our husbands safe and protected throughout the year and
that is now very important in Karachi," she said.
The law and order in Karachi which is the country's financial hub has spiralled out of control in recent times with an increase in street crimes, muggings, target killings and kidnappings and gang wars.
The city has also been hit by sectarian violence. As per tradition, as soon as the moon peeks through the clouds, these women glance at it through a sieve and then look through it at their husbands.
The man will then offer his wife some water and something sweet to break the fast.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
An 22 years old upcoming Telugu actor turned choreographer Vijay Singh Kavadia died in Nep
- Katrina reveals her bridal look!
- Who is Radhika Apte?
- OMG! Sexy Sunny doing 'Daaru Peeke Dance'
- Keegan named world's sexiest woman
- Meet gorgeous girl Urvashi
- Finally! Ranbir Kapoor admits he is in love
- Check credibility before donating, says Manisha Koirala
- When Ranbir took Virat's ladylove in his arms
In a shocking incident, an infant died of suffocation after her 25-year-old mother alleged
Asus India launched the successor to their much-loved Zenfone range in the Asus Zenfone 2,