- PICS: Holi special photo shootThe sex-siren Poonam Pandey turns 23Movie \'W\' gets wild with smooch scenesPICS of Karachi fashion showWhen Deepika cried bitterlyPICS : Sush eyeing comebackSalman wants kids but not the motherHot n spicy news of sporting worldTop 5 haunted places in IndiaKangana’s look in ‘Revolver Rani’, view pics
The Women's Tennis Association, which has turned to Asia to grow its sport, is unclear how
Hindu couples celebrate 'Karwa Chauth' in Pakistan Last Updated : 23 Oct 2013 10:19:06 AM IST Hindu couples celebrate 'Karwa Chauth' in Pakistan
Dozens of Hindus celebrated the Indian festival of Karwa Chauth in Pakistan's largest city Karachi with traditional fervour and gaiety.
Hindu couples gathered at the Laxmi Narayan Mandir near the Netty Jetty bridge yesterday night to celebrate the occasion.
On Karwa Chauth, Hindu women, especially in North India and Gujarat, traditionally observe day-long fast for longevity and well-being of their husbands. They break their fast after sighting the moon through a sieve.
Mehndi and heena are used for body arts by women during the festive season. Rani, who broke her fast on the footsteps of the mandir which overlooks the Netty Jetty waters said for her and many other Hindu married women the annual festival had become very important because of its religious significance.
"Given the sort of situation we are facing in Karachi these days basically everyday is Karwa Chauth for us women no matter which religion they belong too. Things are so uncertain we just keep on praying that our husbands return home safely after work," Rani said.
"We have Karwa Chauth and we fast because it means it will keep our husbands safe and protected throughout the year and
that is now very important in Karachi," she said.
The law and order in Karachi which is the country's financial hub has spiralled out of control in recent times with an increase in street crimes, muggings, target killings and kidnappings and gang wars.
The city has also been hit by sectarian violence. As per tradition, as soon as the moon peeks through the clouds, these women glance at it through a sieve and then look through it at their husbands.
The man will then offer his wife some water and something sweet to break the fast.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Deepika Padukone visited the Golden Temple to seek blessings in Amritsar on Tuesda
- Meera Chopra defends Priyanka
- PICS: Holi special photo shoot
- The sex-siren Poonam Pandey turns 23
- Aamir praises, Deepika jealous of Kanagana
- Movie 'W' gets wild with smooch scenes
- Shahrukh's son and Big B's granddaughter friends
- Wishing Poonam Pandey ‘Happy Birthday’, view pics
- When Deepika cried bitterly
Whether you believe in ghosts and spirits or not, there are people who have had spooky exp
The much-talked about Nokia Android mobile phone has finally arrived in Indian market.