- Aguilera mocked on Miley, Britney, ShakiraTanu Weds Manu Returns is a must watch, and we will tell you why?Was Aishwarya Rai uncomfortable in this gown at Cannes 2015?Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing lineVote for Aishwarya\'s best gown in cannes 2015Salman tweets Varun : Happy ShuddhiShah Rukh Khan undergoes knee surgery, thanks fans for support'Jazbaa' is not my come back film: AishwaryaWhy Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan are the leading Bollywood romantic pairFive reasons why Salman walked out of Karan Johar\'s Shuddhi
Star Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal today regained the number one spot in the latest BWF wor
Hindu couples celebrate 'Karwa Chauth' in Pakistan Last Updated : 23 Oct 2013 10:19:06 AM IST Hindu couples celebrate 'Karwa Chauth' in Pakistan
Dozens of Hindus celebrated the Indian festival of Karwa Chauth in Pakistan's largest city Karachi with traditional fervour and gaiety.
Hindu couples gathered at the Laxmi Narayan Mandir near the Netty Jetty bridge yesterday night to celebrate the occasion.
On Karwa Chauth, Hindu women, especially in North India and Gujarat, traditionally observe day-long fast for longevity and well-being of their husbands. They break their fast after sighting the moon through a sieve.
Mehndi and heena are used for body arts by women during the festive season. Rani, who broke her fast on the footsteps of the mandir which overlooks the Netty Jetty waters said for her and many other Hindu married women the annual festival had become very important because of its religious significance.
"Given the sort of situation we are facing in Karachi these days basically everyday is Karwa Chauth for us women no matter which religion they belong too. Things are so uncertain we just keep on praying that our husbands return home safely after work," Rani said.
"We have Karwa Chauth and we fast because it means it will keep our husbands safe and protected throughout the year and
that is now very important in Karachi," she said.
The law and order in Karachi which is the country's financial hub has spiralled out of control in recent times with an increase in street crimes, muggings, target killings and kidnappings and gang wars.
The city has also been hit by sectarian violence. As per tradition, as soon as the moon peeks through the clouds, these women glance at it through a sieve and then look through it at their husbands.
The man will then offer his wife some water and something sweet to break the fast.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Christina Aguilera has showed-off her mimic talent besides singing by impersonating fellow
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns is a must watch, and we will tell you why?
- OMG! Salman Khan's Dubsmash with Sonakshi is hilarious
- Was Aishwarya Rai uncomfortable in this gown at Cannes 2015?
- Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing line
- Vote for Aishwarya's best gown in cannes 2015
- Salman tweets Varun : Happy Shuddhi
- Shah Rukh Khan undergoes knee surgery, thanks fans for support
- 'Jazbaa' is not my come back film: Aishwarya
In an unprecedented move, a woman here has placed a matrimonial advertisement in a newspap
Indian conglomerate Essar Group today said it is no longer interested in buying Nokia's Ch