- OMG, Salman\'s ex flame turns a vampPics: Salman Khan dances with ex girlfriend Katrina Kaif's sister IsabelIndia-Japan relations enter new eraVideo: Sonam Kapoor is scorching hot in Vogue September issue 2014Birthday girl Padma Lakshmi’s hot picsSuperstars Akshay and Aamir have contrasting work ethicsNude pics of Jennifer Lawrence, Kim K, Kelly Brook, Kate Upton leakedPICS: Oldest woman loves chocolates, sleeps for days!Priyanka Chopra can pack a punchMeet Bhandarkar’s Calendar Girl Akanksha
The fastest man on earth, Usain Bolt, is all set to make his date with India by involvin
Russia opposes any Syria resolution allowing strikes: diplomat Last Updated : 30 Aug 2013 02:35:36 PM IST Russia opposes any Syria resolution allowing strikes: diplomat
Russia opposes any United Nations Security Council resolution that would permit military strikes against the Syrian regime of President Bashar al-Assad, a senior diplomat said .
First, Moscow maintains there is no proof that President Bashar al-Assad was behind the suspected chemical weapons attack in eastern Damascus.
If anything, argue the Russians, evidence points to the rebels carrying it out in order to scupper peace talks and to put pressure on the Syrian government.
"Russia opposes any resolution of the UN Security Council indicating the probability of the use of force, (or) any resolution that could be used for military action against Syria," Deputy Foreign Minister Gennady Gatilov told t.
Britain yesterday attempted to win UN backing for military intervention over the Syrian regime's suspected use of chemical weapons, but a meeting of the five permanent Security Council members -- Britain, China, France, Russia and the United States -- ended with no apparent breakthrough.
The United States is still seeking an "international coalition" in response to Syria's alleged use of chemical weapons, despite a vote against military action by British MPs, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said today.
"Our approach is to continue to find an international coalition that will act together," Hagel told a news conference. But he did not say which countries might be part of an international coalition, and his comments appeared to strike a different tone from earlier statements by White House officials suggesting the US is prepared to act alone.
Hagel said Washington respected the British parliament's stance rejecting participation in any punitive strikes against Syria's regime.
"Every nation has a responsibility to make its own decisions," Hagel said during a visit to the Philippines. "We are continuing to consult with the British as with all of our allies. That consultation includes ways forward together on a response to this chemical weapons attack in Syria."
He added: "I don't know of many responsible governments around the world, if any, who have not spoken out in violent opposition to the use of chemical weapons on innocent people." US plans to build an international coalition for a military strike on Syria suffered a blow when the House of Commons in London voted yesterday against the use of force to punish a chemical weapons attack last week outside Damascus.
Asked if there was anything Syria could do to prevent possible US military action, Hagel said he could not speculate.
"I have not been informed of any change in the Assad's regime's position on any issue. I deal with the reality with what we have. I don't speculate on hypothetical situations,"he said at a joint news conference with this Philippine counterpart.
US warships armed with scores of cruise missiles are converging on the eastern Mediterranean, and US military officials have said they are ready to launch a powerful barrage against regime targets in Syria.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Popular TV series 'Game of Thrones' has finally got the green light from the Croatian film
- OMG, Salman's ex flame turns a vamp
- Pics: Salman Khan dances with ex girlfriend Katrina Kaif's sister Isabel
- Motion poster of Rajinikanth starrer Lingaa revealed
- Video: Sonam Kapoor is scorching hot in Vogue September issue 2014
- Amitabh Bachchan hits 10-million milestone on Twitter
- Birthday girl Padma Lakshmi’s hot pics
- Superstars Akshay and Aamir have contrasting work ethics
- Nude pics of Jennifer Lawrence, Kim K, Kelly Brook, Kate Upton leaked
Oldest human on earth, a Mexican woman, celebrated her 127th birthday on Sunday.
With rumors of an imminent launch early next month, let's show you how the iPhone 6 will l