- PICS : Lara Dutta turns 36Hyundai Xcent gets 450 bookings everydayJulie sequel back with Deepak ShivdasaniPICS : Deepika, Madhuri rock in IPL-7Meet Mandakini's hubby and childPICS : Meet Sunny Deol's son Karan DeolEunuchs dance after getting recognitionPICS: Sushmita shines with KapilPICS : Sachin to own a Tennis teamNo war on Christmas between Aamir and Ranbir
Iconic Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar after buying a ISL team is now set to own a tenn
CIA likely to target Syrian extremists with drones Last Updated : 16 Mar 2013 03:59:49 PM IST CIA likely to target Syrian extremists with drones
The US Central Intelligence Agency is collecting information on Islamic radicals in Syria for possible lethal drone strikes against them at a later stage.
Citing unnamed current and former US officials, The Los Angeles Times reported late yesterday that President Barack Obama had not authorised any drone missile strikes in Syria yet, and none were under consideration.
However CIA's Counterterrorism Center, which runs drone programmes targeting militants in Pakistan and Yemen, had recently shifted several targeting officers to improve intelligence gathering on militants in Syria.
The targeting officers have formed a unit with colleagues who were tracking Al-Qaeda operatives in Iraq. Veteran militants from Iraq are believed to have moved to Syria and joined anti-government Islamic militias there, the report said.
The targeting officers focusing on Syria are based at CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia, the paper said. But the agency is working closely with Saudi, Jordanian and other regional spy services active in Syria, according to media reports
The preparations come as radical Islamic fighters have won a growing share of rebel victories in Syria, the paper said. The State Department believes that one of the strongest Syrian opposition militias, Al Nusra Front, is a terrorist organisation that is indistinguishable from the group Al-Qaeda in Iraq, The Times noted.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
A former Miss Universe in 2000 and Bollywood actress,vivacious Lara Dutta turns 36.
- Deepak Shivdasani's is back with 'Julie' sequel
- PICS : Deepika, Madhuri rock in IPL-7
- Mandakini not staying with Dawood Ibrahim
- PICS : Meet Sunny Deol's son Karan Deol
- PICS: Sushmita shines with Kapil
- No war on Christmas between Aamir and Ranbir
- Celebrities leaked sex videos
- Big B is luckier than his wife
Social media is about nurturing connections but lately it has enabled internet users to pu
Taiwanese technology firm Asus has launched dual SIM tablet Fonepad 7 in India.