- Tips to pick lip colour this festive seasonMNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil...''My Father Iqbal': Does not rise to expectationsTrain To Busan movie reviewKnow more about Parineeti ChopraHow to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healed
The UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities refused to investigate ban on
CIA likely to target Syrian extremists with drones Last Updated : 16 Mar 2013 03:59:49 PM IST CIA likely to target Syrian extremists with drones
The US Central Intelligence Agency is collecting information on Islamic radicals in Syria for possible lethal drone strikes against them at a later stage.
Citing unnamed current and former US officials, The Los Angeles Times reported late yesterday that President Barack Obama had not authorised any drone missile strikes in Syria yet, and none were under consideration.
However CIA's Counterterrorism Center, which runs drone programmes targeting militants in Pakistan and Yemen, had recently shifted several targeting officers to improve intelligence gathering on militants in Syria.
The targeting officers have formed a unit with colleagues who were tracking Al-Qaeda operatives in Iraq. Veteran militants from Iraq are believed to have moved to Syria and joined anti-government Islamic militias there, the report said.
The targeting officers focusing on Syria are based at CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia, the paper said. But the agency is working closely with Saudi, Jordanian and other regional spy services active in Syria, according to media reports
The preparations come as radical Islamic fighters have won a growing share of rebel victories in Syria, the paper said. The State Department believes that one of the strongest Syrian opposition militias, Al Nusra Front, is a terrorist organisation that is indistinguishable from the group Al-Qaeda in Iraq, The Times noted.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Veteran actress Shabana Azmi has slammed Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis for
- First look of Baahubali 2 unvelied at MAMI
- I have not taken a penny for 'Shivaay': Ajay Devgn
- My role in 'Sarkar 3' is small but important: Manoj Bajpai
- No skin show or liplocks in 'Ae Dil...': Aishwarya
- Producers 'thank' cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil...' release
- MNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil...'
- 'My Father Iqbal': Does not rise to expectations
- Train To Busan movie review
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav has received 44,000 marriage proposals on a What
When Google launched artificial intelligence (AI)-powered premium devices Pixel and Pixel