- Why Shraddha uncomfortable in kissing Emraan HashmiLava from Hawaii\'s Kilauea Volcano advancing,evacuation to beginHow Aaradhya Bachchan celebrated Diwali with familyAnushka and Virat spotted together againAamir Khan\'s special for Sanjay DuttNathuram Godse should have killed Nehru, not GandhiThunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan\'s Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1Amitabh\'s Jalsa turns star studded this DiwaliDeepika challenges Sunny Leone\'Diwali\' celebrations in pics
Provisionally suspended she might be but Indian boxer L Sarita Devi has not given up hop
CIA likely to target Syrian extremists with drones Last Updated : 16 Mar 2013 03:59:49 PM IST CIA likely to target Syrian extremists with drones
The US Central Intelligence Agency is collecting information on Islamic radicals in Syria for possible lethal drone strikes against them at a later stage.
Citing unnamed current and former US officials, The Los Angeles Times reported late yesterday that President Barack Obama had not authorised any drone missile strikes in Syria yet, and none were under consideration.
However CIA's Counterterrorism Center, which runs drone programmes targeting militants in Pakistan and Yemen, had recently shifted several targeting officers to improve intelligence gathering on militants in Syria.
The targeting officers have formed a unit with colleagues who were tracking Al-Qaeda operatives in Iraq. Veteran militants from Iraq are believed to have moved to Syria and joined anti-government Islamic militias there, the report said.
The targeting officers focusing on Syria are based at CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia, the paper said. But the agency is working closely with Saudi, Jordanian and other regional spy services active in Syria, according to media reports
The preparations come as radical Islamic fighters have won a growing share of rebel victories in Syria, the paper said. The State Department believes that one of the strongest Syrian opposition militias, Al Nusra Front, is a terrorist organisation that is indistinguishable from the group Al-Qaeda in Iraq, The Times noted.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actress Shraddha Kapoor is feeling uncomfortable shooting an item number for 'Un
- How Aaradhya Bachchan celebrated Diwali with family
- Sadashiv Amrapurkar critically ill
- Anushka and Virat spotted together again
- Katie Price wants to sell breast implants to fan
- Rajinikanth first look in ‘Lingaa’
- We will never remake 'Awara': Randhir Kapoor
- Lindsay Lohan gets upset when asked about imprisonment
- Madonna's memorabilia collection to go on sale
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country