- Katrina, Hrithik at song launch of \'Bang Bang\'Chitrangada Singh spends two hours at Salman Khan's house?View Images: Salman Khan turns DJ, plays In Da ClubWhat are Ranbir Kapoor, Jacqueline Fernandez doing together in Malaysia?Varun looks cool with MJ tattoo on handCatfights in BollywoodMeet ‘No Sex Please’ girl Disha PataniRaja Choudhary wants to marry Shweta againSensational Anushka at London Fashion weekKatrina upset with Hrithik
Ending the suspense over who would be the Indian contingent's flag bearer at 17th Asian
Bangladesh blocks Facebook pages ,12 blogs Last Updated : 21 Feb 2013 01:14:46 PM IST Bangladesh blocks Facebook pages ,12 blogs
Bangladesh on Thursday shut down 12 blogs and Facebook pages alleging "malicious publicity" by suspected Islamists amid an intensified nationwide campaign against their leaders accused of crimes during the 1971 war.
"Our Computer Security Incident Response Team (BD- CSIRT) has closed 12 blogs and Facebook pages which are being used to carry out malicious publicity against society,politics, state and religions and abuse the peoples religious sentiment," a spokesman of Bangladesh Telecom Regulatory Authority (BTRC) told .
Earlier, Bangladesh had shut down a blog site after it was linked to the murder of anti-Islamist blogger Rajib Haider who was hacked to death in the capital, last week. The official said the move was taken in line with the country's telecom laws while "it was not led by any political consideration and identical actions will be taken if more such sites are found to be involved in spreading malice or abuse religion".
The development came hours after Information Minister Hasanul Haq Inu said some elements had tried to portray as "anti-Islamic rally" the ongoing youngsters' campaign based in the capital's Shahbagh Square.
Hundreds of youngsters joined by 1971 Liberation War veterans and cross section of people continued to stage the sit-in demanding capital punishment of the "war criminals" , most of them from Jamaat, which was opposed to Bangladesh's independence.
"The war crimes trial in no way is an anti-Islamic activity, rather a bold step to establish justice. Crimes against humanity like mass-killings, rapes, arson and torture do not deserve mercy in the eyes of Islam either," Inu told a press conference.
He said war criminals who are being tried are "professional political leaders and activists, not Islamic scholars or clerics, religious teachers or preachers".
Inu also issued a stern warning against exploitation of people's religious sentiments for vested interests saying the government never indulged in any campaign that could hurt followers of any faith in the past nor it will do in the future.
The Shahbagh protestors earlier issued a statement urging people to be cautious about any attempt portraying them as anti-Islamic saying "we request you to keep your eyes and ears open and do not get misled by any campaign (against us) in the name of religion".
"We also urge the Islamic leaders and scholars not to be instigated or provoked by Satan's (devil's) campaign,"it read.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood Actors Hrithik roshan and Katrina Kaif during the launch of song their upcoming
- Chitrangada Singh spends two hours at Salman Khan's house?
- View Images: Salman Khan turns DJ, plays In Da Club
- What are Ranbir Kapoor, Jacqueline Fernandez doing together in Malaysia?
- Varun looks cool with MJ tattoo on hand
- Ranveer, Govinda and Ali turn villain in 'Kill Dil'
- Catfights in Bollywood
- Meet ‘No Sex Please’ girl Disha Patani
- 'Bang Bang' is the easiest film of my career: Hrithik Roshan
Lord Hanuman has managed to get an Aadhaar card made, but there are no takers for it.
Feature phone maker Jivi has launched its first affordable smartphone. The handset is pr