- 3 married lesbians expecting their first babyPICS: If this is not Modi wave what else is!Cricketer Sachin votesKunal Kapoor to become Bachchan’s ‘Damaad’?Letter written on Titanic up for auctionMeet Ajay-Kajol’s kids Nysa and Yug, view picsRani Mukerji childhood picturesShri Sai Baba of Shirdi:Rare Picsunseen pictures of Sachin TendulkarIPL7: Preity Zinta cheers for KXIP, view pics
PV Sindhu, Parupalli Kashyap and RMV Gurusaidutt made winning starts to their respective
Ami Bera's move to freeze lawmakers pay blocked Last Updated : 14 Feb 2013 01:25:24 PM IST Ami Bera's move to freeze lawmakers pay blocked
Indian-American Congressman Ami Bera's move to freeze salary of US lawmakers has been blocked by a Congressional committee.
"I'm disappointed that the House Rules Committee blocked my simple amendment, not even allowing it to come up for a vote," a disappointed Bera said after the House Rules Committee blocked his amendment which if passed would have freezed lawmakers pay through December 31, 2013.
"If Congress cannot put aside partisanship and act responsibly to find a way to achieve fiscal balance, then we should not receive a pay raise. We do need to reduce the deficit; however we must do it in a responsible way, not on the backs of public servants," Bera said.
Meanwhile, a bill was moved in the House Rules Committee to extend federal pay freeze throughout the year.The White House said though it opposed the bill, but would not veto it.
Increase in salary of the federal employees would help it attract best available talent. "This extension would mean that Federal civilian employees' across-the-board pay freeze would last for a third consecutive year," the Office of Management of Budget (OMB) said in a statement.
"In 2010, as one of several steps the Administration took to put the Nation on a sustainable fiscal path, the President proposed and the Congress enacted an unprecedented two-year freeze on across-the-board pay adjustments for civilian Federal employees," it said.
"This freeze already is expected to save more than USD 60 billion over 10 years. Federal civilian employees are central to the Federal Government's success in serving the American people. They assure the safety of this country?s food and airways, defend the homeland, provide health care to the Nation?s veterans, search for cures to devastating diseases,and provide vital support to our troops at home and abroad," the OMB said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Kangana Ranaut starrer 'Revolver Rani' hit theatres on Friday, 25 April, 2014 and the 'Que
- Women with the world's best butts
- Kunal Kapoor to become Bachchan’s ‘Damaad’?
- Jodha Akbar director denies sexually abusing actor Paridhi Sharma
- Angelina Jolie and I ‘check in on each other ’: Billy Bob Thornton
- Meet Ajay-Kajol’s kids Nysa and Yug, view pics
- Rani Mukerji childhood pictures
- Yo Yo Honey Singh generous towards Akshay
- Truth behind Rani-Aditya hush-hush wedding
Brynn, Doll and Kitten Young are probably the first 'throuple' who got married and are now
Homegrown handset maker Micromax on Tuesday launched its new six-inch phablet 'Canvas Dood