- Peerless Sachin Tendulkar now 41Obese virgin loses weight after sex accidentIPL misses Lalit ModiAfter Rani-Aditya now Uday, Nargis getting married?Priyanka as saviour for Congress!list of Upcoming Bollywood movies in May 2014Train enquiry on your mobile phoneSee Rani with her in-lawsKangana turns kissing machine in ‘Revolver Rani’Controversial Kisses Of Bollywood celebrities
PV Sindhu, Parupalli Kashyap and RMV Gurusaidutt made winning starts to their respective
Ami Bera's move to freeze lawmakers pay blocked Last Updated : 14 Feb 2013 01:25:24 PM IST Ami Bera's move to freeze lawmakers pay blocked
Indian-American Congressman Ami Bera's move to freeze salary of US lawmakers has been blocked by a Congressional committee.
"I'm disappointed that the House Rules Committee blocked my simple amendment, not even allowing it to come up for a vote," a disappointed Bera said after the House Rules Committee blocked his amendment which if passed would have freezed lawmakers pay through December 31, 2013.
"If Congress cannot put aside partisanship and act responsibly to find a way to achieve fiscal balance, then we should not receive a pay raise. We do need to reduce the deficit; however we must do it in a responsible way, not on the backs of public servants," Bera said.
Meanwhile, a bill was moved in the House Rules Committee to extend federal pay freeze throughout the year.The White House said though it opposed the bill, but would not veto it.
Increase in salary of the federal employees would help it attract best available talent. "This extension would mean that Federal civilian employees' across-the-board pay freeze would last for a third consecutive year," the Office of Management of Budget (OMB) said in a statement.
"In 2010, as one of several steps the Administration took to put the Nation on a sustainable fiscal path, the President proposed and the Congress enacted an unprecedented two-year freeze on across-the-board pay adjustments for civilian Federal employees," it said.
"This freeze already is expected to save more than USD 60 billion over 10 years. Federal civilian employees are central to the Federal Government's success in serving the American people. They assure the safety of this country?s food and airways, defend the homeland, provide health care to the Nation?s veterans, search for cures to devastating diseases,and provide vital support to our troops at home and abroad," the OMB said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Former adult star Sunny Leone has steadily increased her presence in the Bollywood. After
- Bollywood celebs cast votes
- Justin Bieber apologises for Japan war shrine trip
- Watch Ranbir-Deepika's 'Tamasha'
- After Rani-Aditya now Uday, Nargis getting married?
- list of Upcoming Bollywood movies in May 2014
- Ranveer Singh endorsing safe sex, watch now
- See Rani with her in-laws
- Kangana turns kissing machine in ‘Revolver Rani’
Gregg Casarona used to be an obese virgin who had a very embarrassing first ever sex exper
Homegrown handset maker Micromax on Tuesday launched its new six-inch phablet 'Canvas Dood