- Trending videos in IndiaSalman will donate spermWomen who matter in Indian politicsMiley and Katy catfight after kissPICS : Gritty Indian sportswomenGulaab Gang is all about Women EmpowermentIndia one of most dangerous countries to liveWomen’s day special: Bollywood’s top six powerful beautiesPICS: Siddharth romancing Kohli\'s exPICS: When celebs talk sex, virginity and one-night stand
Here is a quick look at some of the prominent Indian women sports-persons who have done
Ami Bera's move to freeze lawmakers pay blocked Last Updated : 14 Feb 2013 01:25:24 PM IST Ami Bera's move to freeze lawmakers pay blocked
Indian-American Congressman Ami Bera's move to freeze salary of US lawmakers has been blocked by a Congressional committee.
"I'm disappointed that the House Rules Committee blocked my simple amendment, not even allowing it to come up for a vote," a disappointed Bera said after the House Rules Committee blocked his amendment which if passed would have freezed lawmakers pay through December 31, 2013.
"If Congress cannot put aside partisanship and act responsibly to find a way to achieve fiscal balance, then we should not receive a pay raise. We do need to reduce the deficit; however we must do it in a responsible way, not on the backs of public servants," Bera said.
Meanwhile, a bill was moved in the House Rules Committee to extend federal pay freeze throughout the year.The White House said though it opposed the bill, but would not veto it.
Increase in salary of the federal employees would help it attract best available talent. "This extension would mean that Federal civilian employees' across-the-board pay freeze would last for a third consecutive year," the Office of Management of Budget (OMB) said in a statement.
"In 2010, as one of several steps the Administration took to put the Nation on a sustainable fiscal path, the President proposed and the Congress enacted an unprecedented two-year freeze on across-the-board pay adjustments for civilian Federal employees," it said.
"This freeze already is expected to save more than USD 60 billion over 10 years. Federal civilian employees are central to the Federal Government's success in serving the American people. They assure the safety of this country?s food and airways, defend the homeland, provide health care to the Nation?s veterans, search for cures to devastating diseases,and provide vital support to our troops at home and abroad," the OMB said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood 'Dabangg' Khan Salman has always been in news for his alleged love relationships
- Salman will donate sperm
- Miley and Katy catfight after kiss
- OMG!!! Sunny Leone looks scary
- Arjun Kapoor: Meet the new serial kisser of B-town
- Gulaab Gang is all about Women Empowerment
- OMG! Siddharth Mallya shoves his hand inside Kat’s top
- Elli Avram staying in Salman's house!
- Women’s day special: Bollywood’s top six powerful beauties
You must hae heard about the mating rituals of endemic species Albatross. But you never wa
Nokia's android-based 'Nokia X' will be available in India from March 15 and has been pric