- PRDP enters 200 crore clubAll about Dimpy Ganguly's bacheloretteRanveer watched 'Tamasha' with Ranbir, DeepikaEmraan to kiss again on screen in 'Azhar''Dilwale' unveils new songWhy sex in hotel room longer than at homeHrithik Roshan lauds Aamir\'s response to criticismVideo: Hot uncensored kissing scene of James Bond\'s SpectreNo Parineeti Chopra is not nude!Bigg Boss 9 Priya Malik has tattoos on weird parts of her body
After a successful season last year, Indian Premier Tennis League (IPTL) founder and star
No room for any delay in polls: Pakistan PM Last Updated : 07 Feb 2013 03:44:09 PM IST No room for any delay in polls: Pakistan PM
Amidst continuing speculation that elements backed by the security establishment are working to delay Pakistan's general election, Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf on Thursday said there could be "no room for any delay" in holding the polls.
During a meeting held at the Prime Minister's House this morning, the premier directed Law Minister Farooq H Naek "to ensure that the Constitution and law are followed in letter and spirit in the run up to the next elections so that there is no room for any delay".
Naek is a key member of the government team that is holding consultations with allies of the ruling Pakistan Peoples Party and opposition parties on installing a caretaker set-up to oversee the general election, expected to be held by mid-May.
The Law Minister briefed Ashraf about the role of the Election Commission and measures taken by the government to ensure free, fair and transparent elections, said a statement from the premier's office.
The two leaders discussed the "current situation in the backdrop of parleys with leaders of the PML-Q and reviewed the overall arrangements of the election process", the statement said.
Pakistan's political circles have been abuzz with speculation about the polls being delayed to prolong the term of a caretaker set-up for up to three years since cleric Tahir-ul-Qadri suddenly returned to Pakistan from Canada and led a massive protest against the government to push for electoral reforms.
Qadri today filed a petition in the Supreme Court seeking the reconstitution of the Election Commission. PML-Q leader Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi, a key ally of the PPP-led government, too has called for the reconstitution of the poll panel.
Top PPP leaders, including the premier, have been insisting that the polls will not be delayed. They have said that after the lower house of parliament completes its term in mid-March, polls will be held by May.
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Katrina Kaif is miffed with her beau Ranbir Kapoor these days and what can be a better occ
- PRDP enters 200 crore club
- All about Dimpy Ganguly's bachelorette
- Ranveer watched 'Tamasha' with Ranbir, Deepika
- B-town salute the Martyrs of 26/11
- Emraan to kiss again on screen in 'Azhar'
- OMG! Bipasha Basu burns her face
- 'Dilwale' unveils new song
- Hrithik Roshan lauds Aamir's response to criticism
In a gruesome and shocking incident, the head of a baby got separated from its body during
The Power Electronics and Control unit company has developed mobile application "MassPark"