- unseen pictures of Sachin TendulkarIPL7: Preity Zinta cheers for KXIP, view picsSunny Leone\'s unbuttoned picsBollywood celebs cast votesPeerless Sachin Tendulkar now 41Obese virgin loses weight after sex accidentIPL misses Lalit ModiAfter Rani-Aditya now Uday, Nargis getting married?Priyanka as saviour for Congress!list of Upcoming Bollywood movies in May 2014
PV Sindhu, Parupalli Kashyap and RMV Gurusaidutt made winning starts to their respective
No room for any delay in polls: Pakistan PM Last Updated : 07 Feb 2013 03:44:09 PM IST No room for any delay in polls: Pakistan PM
Amidst continuing speculation that elements backed by the security establishment are working to delay Pakistan's general election, Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf on Thursday said there could be "no room for any delay" in holding the polls.
During a meeting held at the Prime Minister's House this morning, the premier directed Law Minister Farooq H Naek "to ensure that the Constitution and law are followed in letter and spirit in the run up to the next elections so that there is no room for any delay".
Naek is a key member of the government team that is holding consultations with allies of the ruling Pakistan Peoples Party and opposition parties on installing a caretaker set-up to oversee the general election, expected to be held by mid-May.
The Law Minister briefed Ashraf about the role of the Election Commission and measures taken by the government to ensure free, fair and transparent elections, said a statement from the premier's office.
The two leaders discussed the "current situation in the backdrop of parleys with leaders of the PML-Q and reviewed the overall arrangements of the election process", the statement said.
Pakistan's political circles have been abuzz with speculation about the polls being delayed to prolong the term of a caretaker set-up for up to three years since cleric Tahir-ul-Qadri suddenly returned to Pakistan from Canada and led a massive protest against the government to push for electoral reforms.
Qadri today filed a petition in the Supreme Court seeking the reconstitution of the Election Commission. PML-Q leader Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi, a key ally of the PPP-led government, too has called for the reconstitution of the poll panel.
Top PPP leaders, including the premier, have been insisting that the polls will not be delayed. They have said that after the lower house of parliament completes its term in mid-March, polls will be held by May.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Now it is official that actress Rani Mukerji is no more single after her secret wedding wi
- 'Kill Dil' first look:Parineeti Chopra's oomph
- Sunny Leone's unbuttoned pics
- Bollywood celebs cast votes
- Justin Bieber apologises for Japan war shrine trip
- Watch Ranbir-Deepika's 'Tamasha'
- After Rani-Aditya now Uday, Nargis getting married?
- list of Upcoming Bollywood movies in May 2014
- Ranveer Singh endorsing safe sex, watch now
Gregg Casarona used to be an obese virgin who had a very embarrassing first ever sex exper
Homegrown handset maker Micromax on Tuesday launched its new six-inch phablet 'Canvas Dood