- 'Bang Bang' movie stillsOMG! Aamir to go nude for 'PK' posterAkshay Kumar praises Salman after Shilpa Shetty\'s husband dissesOMG!! Salman Khan behind ending Kapil Sharma YashRaj dreamWhy Virat blushed at Anushka\'s nameWhat happened between Ranbir, DeepikaPics: Ranbir Kapoor wants to wed girlfriend Katrina Kaif soonPreity Zinta accuses Ness Wadia of throwing cigarette at her faceWho is the sexiest among Salman Khan\'s girls?Ranbir, Katrina and Ranveer, Deepika are double dating in France?
Indian cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar is set to play a "special" part in the opening cere
No room for any delay in polls: Pakistan PM Last Updated : 07 Feb 2013 03:44:09 PM IST No room for any delay in polls: Pakistan PM
Amidst continuing speculation that elements backed by the security establishment are working to delay Pakistan's general election, Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf on Thursday said there could be "no room for any delay" in holding the polls.
During a meeting held at the Prime Minister's House this morning, the premier directed Law Minister Farooq H Naek "to ensure that the Constitution and law are followed in letter and spirit in the run up to the next elections so that there is no room for any delay".
Naek is a key member of the government team that is holding consultations with allies of the ruling Pakistan Peoples Party and opposition parties on installing a caretaker set-up to oversee the general election, expected to be held by mid-May.
The Law Minister briefed Ashraf about the role of the Election Commission and measures taken by the government to ensure free, fair and transparent elections, said a statement from the premier's office.
The two leaders discussed the "current situation in the backdrop of parleys with leaders of the PML-Q and reviewed the overall arrangements of the election process", the statement said.
Pakistan's political circles have been abuzz with speculation about the polls being delayed to prolong the term of a caretaker set-up for up to three years since cleric Tahir-ul-Qadri suddenly returned to Pakistan from Canada and led a massive protest against the government to push for electoral reforms.
Qadri today filed a petition in the Supreme Court seeking the reconstitution of the Election Commission. PML-Q leader Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi, a key ally of the PPP-led government, too has called for the reconstitution of the poll panel.
Top PPP leaders, including the premier, have been insisting that the polls will not be delayed. They have said that after the lower house of parliament completes its term in mid-March, polls will be held by May.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Here are some stills from Hrithik Roshan, Katrina Kaif starrer 'Bang Bang'.
- OMG! Aamir to go nude for 'PK' poster
- Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania heads towards 70 crore mark
- 'Bang Bang' teaser released: Watch now
- Watch Sonam Kapoor's real avtaar in 'Khoobsurat'
- Alia Bhatt's prayers got answered
- Akshay Kumar praises Salman after Shilpa Shetty's husband disses
- OMG!! Salman Khan behind ending Kapil Sharma YashRaj dream
- Why Virat blushed at Anushka's name
The Zoology department of Jawaharlal Nehru College (JNC) at Pasighat in East Siang distric
LG Electronics has launched its new flagship smartphone LG G3.