- Katrina to shoot her sexiest item number everHappy Birthday sexy Gauahar KhanPics: Superhot Nargis Fakhri in ‘Desi Choli’Pics: Bollywood in Love despite their age differenceWhy is SRK following Big B blindlyKatrina heartbroken as Ranbir refuses to marry herKareena doing charity while holidaying in LondonChris Gayle's wild sideGauahar meets Kushal Tandon\'s parentsThis is why Aamir went nude for PK
Atletico Madrid won the Spanish Supercup 2-1 on aggregate following a 1-0 win over Real M
Japan PM Shinzo Abe vows new statement on WW2 Last Updated : 01 Feb 2013 03:41:46 PM IST Japan PM Shinzo Abe vows new statement on WW2
Japan's hawkish Prime Minister Shinzo Abe told lawmakers on Friday he intends to release a new statement on World War II, a move that could cause friction with neighbouring nations including China.
"I would like to announce a future-orientated statement that will suit the 21st century," Abe said. "On the timing and the content I'd like to think thoroughly hereafter."
The nationalist premier said he wanted to update a landmark statement issued in 1995 by then-prime minister Tomiichi Murayama, seen as a key step in what many Asian nations say was Japan coming to terms with its brutal history.
The statement said Japan "through its colonial rule and aggression, caused tremendous damage and suffering to the people of many countries, particularly to those of Asian nations", adding the premier feels "deep remorse" and offers a "heartfelt apology".
Abe said today he was in agreement with previous sentiments, adding: "Japan in the past caused great damage and suffering to many countries, particularly in Asia. The Abe cabinet shares that recognition with past cabinets."
In a possible hint the statement may come in 2015, he said: "The so-called Murayama statement was issued to commemorate 50 years after the war, and 60 years after the war the (Junichiro) Koizumi administration issued a statement."
Neighbouring countries that came under the yoke of Japan's military tyranny in the first half of the 20th Century, notably China and South Korea, chafe at the idea of Japan reneging on its apology, which both insist was insufficient anyway.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After spending 20 days shooting with hot Sunny Leone for Leela, Hate Story 2 star Jay Bhan
- Birthday girl Malaika Arora Khan’s top 5 hot pics
- Birthday special: Vaani Kapoor hot photoshoot
- Katrina to shoot her sexiest item number ever
- Happy Birthday sexy Gauahar Khan
- Pics: Superhot Nargis Fakhri in ‘Desi Choli’
- 'Barfi' goes to Belgrade
- Pics: Bollywood in Love despite their age difference
- Why is SRK following Big B blindly
Facebook and Twitter feeds are inundated with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos, and some ar
Buyers are always on the lookout for the cheap and best and here are the best budget smart