- Andamans gets a leg-up to showcase heritageFIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'Care for your hair in simple steps this summer!Uttarakhand turns to trekking to boost tourist footfalls'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: SurveySteps to buy sunglassesGo the foreign way while munching French friesBaaghi collects 35 crores in opening weekendBipasha shares her 'monkey wedding' picsBig B gets inspiration from fans' love
To ensure immediate recognition to the Olympic medallists, the Sports Ministry on Tuesday
Egypt fans demand tough verdicts in football trial Last Updated : 19 Jan 2013 10:54:02 AM IST Egypt fans demand tough verdicts in football trial
Thousands of supporters of Al-Ahlyclub demonstrated in Cairo on Saturday to demand severe punishments for 75 people on trial for dozens of deaths in Egypt's worst football disaster.
More than 70 people were killed in Port Said in February last year during clashes in the Suez Canal city between fans of home side Al-Masry and the Ultras of Al-Ahly.
The violence came amid charges from witnesses that security forces did little to prevent rioting, prompting more deadly clashes in the days that followed.
Nine policemen are among 75 defendants in the trial which opened in April. A verdict is due on January 26.Many believe the rioting was orchestrated either by the police or supporters of ousted president Hosni Mubarak.
Today Al-Ahly supporters marched from the club's Cairo headquarters to Tahrir Square, with many protesters chanting slogans hostile to Mubarak's successor, Islamist President Mohamed Morsi.
Many protesters also demanded the death penalty for the defendants, vowing to unleash a new "revolution" like the 2011 uprising that toppled Mubarak, unless their demands are met.
They also pledged to protest on the day of the verdict.The Ultras played a key role in the Arab Spring-inspired uprising that forced Mubarak to quit on February 11, 2011 after three decades of autocratic rule.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Salman Khan and Anushka Sharma's film Sultan trailer released on Tuesday.
- Aamir Khan, McKellen discuss Shakespeare at MAMI Film Club launch
- This is how Ranbir will seduce Aishwarya in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- Yes, Virat Kohli and Anushka are back
- See Sofia Hayat before she became a nun
- Media has dishonoured Iulia: Salman
- Sushmita celebrates 22 years of her Miss Universe win
- Kangana Ranaut attends VERO MODA store launch, unveils new line
- Ayushmann tries Chaplin-inspired look for 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'
While playing with your pooch at home helps evoke love and compassion in you, researchers
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
Video: Man showed private parts in bus beaten by women
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Coolpad on Friday launched a new smartphone that comes wit