- Dhanush's movie reached Venice Film FestivalKareena, Arjun's most awaited film 'Ka and Ki' of year 2016India Couture Week opened by Sabyasachi, LouboutinYes, Mira Rajput will be on Jhalak Dikh Laaja ReloadedCaught: Why is Kapil Sharma lying about his health?Hot girls of Bhojpuri cinemaWet and wild cover girls'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' earns 461 croresFirst Look of Tamasha shows Deepika-Ranbir as a rocking coupleWhy Anushka Sharma is a beauty without brains?
English Football Association chairman Greg Dyke has backed Michel Platini to restore FIFA'
Egypt fans demand tough verdicts in football trial Last Updated : 19 Jan 2013 10:54:02 AM IST Egypt fans demand tough verdicts in football trial
Thousands of supporters of Al-Ahlyclub demonstrated in Cairo on Saturday to demand severe punishments for 75 people on trial for dozens of deaths in Egypt's worst football disaster.
More than 70 people were killed in Port Said in February last year during clashes in the Suez Canal city between fans of home side Al-Masry and the Ultras of Al-Ahly.
The violence came amid charges from witnesses that security forces did little to prevent rioting, prompting more deadly clashes in the days that followed.
Nine policemen are among 75 defendants in the trial which opened in April. A verdict is due on January 26.Many believe the rioting was orchestrated either by the police or supporters of ousted president Hosni Mubarak.
Today Al-Ahly supporters marched from the club's Cairo headquarters to Tahrir Square, with many protesters chanting slogans hostile to Mubarak's successor, Islamist President Mohamed Morsi.
Many protesters also demanded the death penalty for the defendants, vowing to unleash a new "revolution" like the 2011 uprising that toppled Mubarak, unless their demands are met.
They also pledged to protest on the day of the verdict.The Ultras played a key role in the Arab Spring-inspired uprising that forced Mubarak to quit on February 11, 2011 after three decades of autocratic rule.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit has launched her own clothing brand Madz.The first line under
- Anushka not to endorse any fairness products
- 'Silsila' completes 34 years, Big B nostalgic
- Dhanush's movie reached Venice Film Festival
- Balki's Ka and Ki most awaited film of 2016
- Bieber announces new single
- Yes, Mira Rajput will be on Jhalak Dikh Laaja Reloaded
- Kangana turns showstopper for Gangwani
- Anushka misspelling Kalam's name
Two young children who were locked up in a kennel during the day by their grandfather with
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that