- Beyonce opts for Indian dress againMughal Gardens to open on Friday'Jism 3' most boldest erotic thrillerRakhi Sawant wants to become a porn star nowDeepika will get intimate with Vin DieselSalman Khan wants children without marriage!Teddy Day 2016 wallpaper, images, greetingsVarun Dhawan to star in 'Judwaa 2'Salman goes clean-shaven in new look of 'Sultan'Preity quashes marriage report again
Nestle has terminated a sponsorship programme with world athletics' governing body (IAAF)
Egypt fans demand tough verdicts in football trial Last Updated : 19 Jan 2013 10:54:02 AM IST Egypt fans demand tough verdicts in football trial
Thousands of supporters of Al-Ahlyclub demonstrated in Cairo on Saturday to demand severe punishments for 75 people on trial for dozens of deaths in Egypt's worst football disaster.
More than 70 people were killed in Port Said in February last year during clashes in the Suez Canal city between fans of home side Al-Masry and the Ultras of Al-Ahly.
The violence came amid charges from witnesses that security forces did little to prevent rioting, prompting more deadly clashes in the days that followed.
Nine policemen are among 75 defendants in the trial which opened in April. A verdict is due on January 26.Many believe the rioting was orchestrated either by the police or supporters of ousted president Hosni Mubarak.
Today Al-Ahly supporters marched from the club's Cairo headquarters to Tahrir Square, with many protesters chanting slogans hostile to Mubarak's successor, Islamist President Mohamed Morsi.
Many protesters also demanded the death penalty for the defendants, vowing to unleash a new "revolution" like the 2011 uprising that toppled Mubarak, unless their demands are met.
They also pledged to protest on the day of the verdict.The Ultras played a key role in the Arab Spring-inspired uprising that forced Mubarak to quit on February 11, 2011 after three decades of autocratic rule.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
When we talk about Valentine's day, how can we forget our most romantic Bollywood couples?
- Mallika Sherawat clicks Power selfie with Obama
- Shraddha Kapoor to croon for 'Baaghi
- What do Bollywood celebs fear?
- Bollywood film "Neerja" banned in Pakistan
- Rakesh Roshan reserved the release date for Hrithik Roshan's Kaabil
- Katrina bored with 'hardworking' tag, wants poetic adjectives
- 'Kapoor and Sons' special to all of us: Karan Johar
- Hollywood not everybody's cup of tea: Arjun Kapoor
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Panasonic launches P66 Mega smartphone at Rs. 7,990 in New Delhi on Tuesday.