- Know who Huma Qureshi attributes her success to?Kalam\'s funeral on Thursday in TNUnknown facts about Huma QureshiRicha finally offered rolesHappy Birthday Dhanush!Akshay, Sidharth together in 'Brothers Anthem'Kapil Sharma enthralls fans in USA and CanadaSome unknown facts of Kalam\'s life, thought provokingSome life inspiring quotes of APJ Abdul KalamReal hero of India Dr Kalam is no more
The Indian sports fraternity joined the nation in mourning the death of former President A
Divine Intervention saved us in crash: Workmen Last Updated : 17 Jan 2013 01:13:35 PM IST Divine Intervention in helicopter crash
The pair should have been in the cabin when disaster struck, sending burning debris cascading 700ft on to the rush-hour streets of London below.
Instead, Richard Moule and his colleague Nicki Biagioni were late for work ? both had overslept for the first time in years ? and missed death by minutes.
Police officials said it was 'a miracle' that the toll was not higher after the helicopter had sliced through the crane 'as if it was a piece of paper', scattering wreckage over the streets of Vauxhall, South London.
"My colleague and I were both supposed to be there at 7am but we were both late. It was the first time I've been late since starting this job three years ago. I just woke up late. Call it divine intervention if you like," 31-year-old Moule said to the Daily Mail.
"I went in on my motorcycle and got there about 7.45am. I was in the basement ready to go up when it happened. I didn't hear any explosion. The first thing I knew was when an alarm went off and people were being evacuated," he said.
Moule, father of three children, immediately called his wife and informed him of his well being.
"The first thing I did was call my wife Stephanie and told her, 'You'll be hearing about this but I'm OK'. She gave me a big hug when I got back home,' he said.
Nicki Biagioni's wife Leanna later said that her husband, a father of three, had also overslept.
"He overslept this morning, something he never does and was late for work. He was not up the crane when it hit," she said.
The destruction happened near one of London's busiest transport hubs. Several key roads were closed, causing commuter chaos, as the emergency services battled fires.
"I thank my guardian angel," said Nicki Biagioni (30), the principal crane operator, who was over an hour late for work.
Friends said he was normally woken by his three children’s sons Rocco, six, four-year-old Dino, and Luca but yesterday they had slept in.
He was just arriving at the site on his motorbike and driving down a ramp to park in front of the crane as the helicopter hit.
Yesterday, the helicopter crashed into a crane atop one of Europe's tallest residential blocks in central London killing two people, including the pilot, and injuring 13 others, as it plunged to the ground during rush hour and was engulfed in flames.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Pregnant Reality TV star Kim Kardashian, who is almost five months pregnant with her secon
- 'Dilwale' is a big film says Ajay
- Unknown facts about Sanjay Dutt
- Kapil Sharma performs for fans in Hamilton
- Know who Huma Qureshi attributes her success to?
- Kautilya Sena burns effigy of Salman
- Ranbir Kapoor in 'Phantom'
- Pulkit defends Salman's tweets on Yakub were misinterpreted
- Unknown facts about Huma Qureshi
An American family has found more than USD 1 million worth of gold artefacts, including 52
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that