- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
Montreal Canadiens forward Tomas Plekanec has been chosen captain of the Czech Republic’
Hillary Clinton treated with blood thinners to dissolve clot Last Updated : 01 Jan 2013 07:41:24 AM IST File photo: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was treated with blood thinners to dissolve the clot in her head and doctors were confident the top American diplomat will make a full recovery.
Clinton was admitted to a New York hospital on Sunday after doctors discovered a blood clot related to a concussion she suffered early this month while she was recovering from a stomach infection.
"In the course of a routine follow-up MRI on Sunday, the scan revealed that a right transverse sinus venous thrombosis had formed," said Dr Lisa Bardack from Mt Kisco Medical Group, and Dr Gigi El-Bayoumi, from George Washington University, in a statement.
"This is a clot in the vein that is situated in the space between the brain and the skull behind the right ear," the doctors treating her said a day after she was admitted to the New York-Presbyterian Hospital.
"It did not result in a stroke, or neurological damage. To help dissolve this clot, her medical team began treating the Secretary with blood thinners. She will be released once the medication dose has been established," doctors said in a statement.
"In all other aspects of her recovery, the Secretary is making excellent progress and we are confident she will make a full recovery.
"She is in good spirits, engaging with her doctors, her family, and her staff," the statement added.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Karan Johar on Monday unveiled the first look poster of 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' and also reve
- Garner gets emotional during meeting with Affleck
- Dhanush to produce Rajinikanth's next
- New music single addresses homosexuality
- Sonakshi to act with family only with right script
- Remembering 'King Of Pop' on his 58th B'day
- Amy Jackson to sing in Punjabi, reveals Manj Musik
- Saif Ali Khan to be face of 'Supercars Megabuild'
- Kareena Kapoor Khan 'sexy' pregnancy photos
An Indonesian man is set to hold the title of world's oldest man at 145 years, authorities
Chinese internet and technology conglomerate LeEco on Monday announced some unique offers