- Treat to work on dance numbers: JacquelineSohail Khan a damn cool director: NawazuddinPics: Ranbir-Aishwarya's hot chemistry irritated BachchansKareena send wishes for Shahid-Mira's daughter'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' teaser to release today11-year-old attempts 550 km swim in raging Ganga in 10 daysSindhu, Sakshi, Dipa, Jitu get Khel RatnasRemembering 'King Of Pop' on his 58th B'dayKareena Kapoor Khan 'sexy' pregnancy photos'Rock On!!' clocks eight years, makers look forward to sequel
Montreal Canadiens forward Tomas Plekanec has been chosen captain of the Czech Republic’
China detains 101 people for professing doomsday Last Updated : 18 Dec 2012 10:20:50 AM IST China detains 101 people for professing doomsday
Chinese police have detained 101 people for spreading doomsday rumours.The detentions come ahead of Friday, December 21 a date some say the Mayans prophesied would be the end of the world and which was the subject of the apocalyptic movie "2012."
Police detained four Chinese doom-mongers in Chongqing for preaching people through a loudspeaker about the world's impending end .
Police also confiscated leaflets, DVDs and other apocalyptic propaganda in the recent arrests in eight provinces across the country.
Nearly half those detained are reported to be members of the group Almighty God, which is also called Eastern Lightning. The group is regarded as a heretical Christian sect.
It preaches that Jesus has reappeared as a woman in central China and has been accused of kidnapping and beating Christians to force conversions.
According to local public security departments, detentions were also made in east China's Fujian province, southwest China's Chongqing municipality and Sichuan province, northwest China's Shaanxi province and central China's Hubei province
Actually according to interpretations of an ancient Maya calendar that are rejected by mainstream science, the world is set to end on Dec 21, 2012.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Sumit Kaul will be adding a funny twist to "Bahu Humari Rajni_Kant" with his entry.
- Rumours are baseless: Bhansali's spokesperson on Deepika's remuneration
- Irrfan honoured with Entertainer of The Year award
- Won't return to direction until I introduce 10 directors: Sasikumar
- Treat to work on dance numbers: Jacqueline
- Pakistanis, Indians respect each other: Om Puri
- Was looking for substantial role after 'Commando': Pooja Chopra
- Sohail Khan a damn cool director: Nawazuddin
- Reality TV is a big platform: Prince Narula
Believe it or not, dogs have the ability to distinguish words and the intonation of human
Domestic mobile manufacturer Videocon smartphone on Tuesday announced its association with