- First look of 'Hero' releasedAll you wanted to know about Salman's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser, story and first ..Meet real life human Barbie dollRanbir, Katrina and their 'Roka'...SRK unveils first look of 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'Salman Khan in 'Shuddhi' again?\'Piku\' touches 100 Crore markAishwarya Rai looked stunning at the IPL party at Ambani\'s residenceSingh is Bliing: First Look of Akshay-Amy outFinally mother-in-law praised openly Mira Rajput
India on Tuesday in New Delhi dropped four key players, including ace drag-flicker Rupinde
Connecticut Shooting:Obama to meet victims' kin,Families seeks change in gun laws Last Updated : 16 Dec 2012 01:19:40 PM IST Connecticut Shooting:Obama to meet victims' kin,Families seeks change in gun laws
President Barack Obama arrives in Connecticut on Sunday to join in the mourning for 20 children, who were slaughtered by a gunman who forced his way into their school and shot them with a rifle at close range.
Connecticut shooting is the latest massacre after the similar massacre in Colorado theatre and Wisconsin gurdwara,putting pressure on the Obama administration to take action on the country's gun laws.
Obama's appearence is very significant as people are loking for meaningful action to prevent such tragedies in the wake of massacre .
Meanwhile, an online petition addressed to the White House, which calls for addressing the issue of gun control immediately through legislation in US Congress, secured over43,000 signatures in the aftermath of the tragic shooting at the elementary school.
The President will visit Newtown to "meet with the families of those who were lost" and thank first responders,White House Press Secretary, Jay Carney, said.
20-year-old Adam Lanza has been identified as the lone gunman who, after killing his mother at home, opened indiscriminate fire in the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown and gunned down 20 children aged between 5 and 10 as well as six adults.
Lanza, wearing black combat gear and armed with semi-automatic pistol and a semi-automatic rifle, isunderstood to have then turned the weapon on himself and was found dead inside the school building.
The incident sent shockwaves across America and an emotional President Barack Obama called for "meaningful action to prevent more tragedies" as he fought back tears in a televised press conference and said the "beautiful little kids" who were killed "had their entire lives ahead of them --birthdays, graduations, weddings, kids of their own."
He said America has gone through such "tragedies" too many times and the nation has to come together and take "meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this,regardless of the politics."
"Whether it's an elementary school in Newtown, or a shopping mall in Oregon, or a (Sikh) temple in Wisconsin, or a movie theatre in Aurora, or a street corner in Chicago --these neighbourhoods are our neighborhoods, and these children are our children," he said wiping away tears and pausing forseveral seconds as he tried to regain his composure.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
First look of movie 'Hero' released.
- All you wanted to know about Salman's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser, story and first look
- Shraddha to start shooting 'Rock On!! 2'
- Ranbir, Katrina and their 'Roka'...
- Singer-actress Lady Gaga goes blonde
- SRK unveils first look of 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- Salman Khan in 'Shuddhi' again?
- 'Piku' touches 100 Crore mark
- Aishwarya Rai looked stunning at the IPL party at Ambani's residence
Saudi Arabia is planning to build the world's largest hotel with 10,000 rooms at a whoppin
Government is setting up a centre that will detect malicious programmes like 'botnets' and