- Pics: Shahrukh beats Salman and Aamir Khan; find out where\'Happy New Year\' talks with US mediaImages: Hot south indian actress Anushka Shetty getting married?Aamir wants no item girls in B-woodPics: Check out Bollywood hunk John Abraham's new bikeAditi gets into Chandramukhi modeKatrina performs daring stunts in waterDeepika Padukone cleavage controversy: 'Discuss cup size if relevant'Coca-Cola launches sugar free soft drinkSunny Leone at zoOm Tv function
Swiss tennis legend Martina Hingis said in Tokyo on Friday about Li Na's retirement was a
US arrests illegal immigrant Senate intern Last Updated : 13 Dec 2012 10:49:24 AM IST File Photo
A US lawmaker employed as an unpaid intern in his Senate office an illegal immigrant who was a registered sex offender, is now under arrest by immigration authorities. The Homeland Security Department instructed federal agents not to arrest him until after the November 6 Election Day, a US official involved in the case has said.
Luis Abrahan Sanchez Zavaleta, an 18-year-old immigrant from Peru, was arrested by US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents in front of his home in New Jersey on December 6, two federal officials told the AP. Sanchez, who entered the country on a now-expired visitor visa from Peru, is facing deportation and remains in custody. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss details of Sanchez's immigration case.
A spokesman for Immigration and Customs Enforcement did not immediately respond to a request for further details.
Sen. Robert Menendez, a Democrat who advocates aggressively for pro-immigration policies, was re-elected in November with 58 per cent of the vote. Congressional staffers who work for Menendez were notified about Sanchez's case shortly after the arrest. Sanchez told ICE agents that he worked on immigration issues for the senator. A spokesman for Menendez said he was looking into the matter.
Online jail records did not indicate whether Sanchez has an attorney. Immigration officials there were relaying a request from the AP to speak with Sanchez in jail.
The prosecutor's office in Hudson County, New Jersey said Sanchez was found to have violated the law in 2010 and subsequently required to register as a sex offender. The exact charge was unclear because Sanchez was prosecuted as a
juvenile and those court records are not publicly accessible.
The prosecutor's office confirmed to AP that Sanchez registered as a sex offender, although his name does not appear on the public registry.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Shahrukh Khan has beaten fellow superstars and arch rivals Salman Khan and Aamir Khan. Won
- 'Happy New Year' talks with US media
- Images: Hot south indian actress Anushka Shetty getting married?
- Aamir wants no item girls in B-wood
- Pics: Check out Bollywood hunk John Abraham's new bike
- Aditi gets into Chandramukhi mode
- Katrina performs daring stunts in water
- Deepika Padukone cleavage controversy: 'Discuss cup size if relevant'
- Sunny Leone at zoOm Tv function
Lord Hanuman has managed to get an Aadhaar card made, but there are no takers for it.
Feature phone maker Jivi has launched its first affordable smartphone. The handset is pr