- Emile Hirsch Allegedly Assaults Female at SundancePICS:Hot Diaz poses with Benji post-weddingWinner of Bigg Boss Halla Bol is?Shruti Hassan hottest avatarsReal reason why Salman left 'Bigg Boss 8'Saif's son poses with step mom KareenaMiley Cyrus strips cloth in oceanSRK likely to feature in Bengal\'s new tourism campaignShah Rukh Khan invites Obama for Chaiyya Chaiyaa danceWatch Sambhavna Seth Hot Video
A fired-up Serena Williams shot down last year's finalist Dominika Cibulkova yesterday to
Ada Lovelace's 197th birth anniversary: Google dedicates its doodle Last Updated : 10 Dec 2012 02:41:26 PM IST File Photo
The search engine giant Google has dedicated its famous doodle to Ada Lovelace on her 197th birth anniversary.
Ada Lovelace is often considered as world's first computer programmer.
Augusta Ada King, Countess of Lovelace, born as Augusta Ada Byron on December 10, 1815, is popularly known as Ada Lovelace, was an English mathematician and writer.
She was chiefly known for her work on Charles Babbage's early mechanical general-purpose computer, the Analytical Engine. Her notes on the engine include what is recognised as the first algorithm intended to be processed by a machine. Because of this, she is often considered the world's first computer programmer.
Ada was the only legitimate child of the poet Lord Byron (with Anne Isabella Byron). She had no relationship with her father, who separated from her mother just a month after Ada was born, and four months later he left England forever and died in Greece in 1823 when she was eight.
As a young adult, she took an interest in mathematics, and in particular Babbage's work on the analytical engine.
Between 1842 and 1843, she translated an article by Italian mathematician Luigi Menabrea on the engine, which she supplemented with a set of notes of her own. These notes contain what is considered the first computer program — that is, an algorithm encoded for processing by a machine.
Ada's notes are important in the early history of computers. She also foresaw the capability of computers to go beyond mere calculating or number-crunching while others, including Babbage himself, focused only on these capabilities.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The first teaser of Bollywood upcoming movie 'Bombay Velvet' is out.
- Sexy siblings Shruti, Akshara Hassan
- Angry Salman chases fans
- Meet Atul Kapoor the real 'Bigg Boss'
- Rahul Mahajan in live-in relationship with Aparna
- Jacqueline gifting exclusive autograph
- Hrithik dances to 'Ek Ladki Bheegi Bhaagi'
- Emile Hirsch Allegedly Assaults Female at Sundance
- Winner of Bigg Boss Halla Bol is?
As the Cricket World Cup is round the corner, a bat as tall as 10-storey building, unveile
test ad galery 3