- First Look; Trailer of Prem Ratan Dhan PayoRivera welcomes baby boyGauhan gears for new reality showSee Harbhajan-Geeta Basra\'s wedding cardSalman Khan\'s Prem lover boy avatar has always been a hitPics: Russian air strikes in Syria against Assad enemies\'Yeh Dil Maange Momos!Sussanne rubbishes marriage rumoursSRK to promote Bengal as 'sweetest' destinationShruti reaches three million followers
Lawyer-turned-administrator Shashank Manohar was today elected unopposed as the BCCI Presi
Ada Lovelace's 197th birth anniversary: Google dedicates its doodle Last Updated : 10 Dec 2012 02:41:26 PM IST File Photo
The search engine giant Google has dedicated its famous doodle to Ada Lovelace on her 197th birth anniversary.
Ada Lovelace is often considered as world's first computer programmer.
Augusta Ada King, Countess of Lovelace, born as Augusta Ada Byron on December 10, 1815, is popularly known as Ada Lovelace, was an English mathematician and writer.
She was chiefly known for her work on Charles Babbage's early mechanical general-purpose computer, the Analytical Engine. Her notes on the engine include what is recognised as the first algorithm intended to be processed by a machine. Because of this, she is often considered the world's first computer programmer.
Ada was the only legitimate child of the poet Lord Byron (with Anne Isabella Byron). She had no relationship with her father, who separated from her mother just a month after Ada was born, and four months later he left England forever and died in Greece in 1823 when she was eight.
As a young adult, she took an interest in mathematics, and in particular Babbage's work on the analytical engine.
Between 1842 and 1843, she translated an article by Italian mathematician Luigi Menabrea on the engine, which she supplemented with a set of notes of her own. These notes contain what is considered the first computer program — that is, an algorithm encoded for processing by a machine.
Ada's notes are important in the early history of computers. She also foresaw the capability of computers to go beyond mere calculating or number-crunching while others, including Babbage himself, focused only on these capabilities.
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Salman Khan and Sonam Kapoor starrer "Prem Ratan Dhan Payo" trailer, which was released on
- Katrina-Arjun's 'Fitoor' wraps shooting
- When Kapil was pushed out of Aishwarya's vanity van
- Priyanka to return to India for 'Bajirao' shoot next week
- Shraddha Kapoor wraps 'Baaghi' shoot
- Ustad Amjad Ali Khan to kick-off UTSAV festival at Kennedy center
- Movie review 'Singh is Bliing'
- Movie review 'Talvar'
- HOT October Magazine Covers
A dog in the US had to be rescued after it accidentally knocked its owner's idling truck i
Google fired back at Apple with a pair of new smartphones, a "convertible" tablet and othe