- People stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek BachchanChinkara poaching case: Salman thanks fans for prayers, supportAkshay had a ball shooting cameo for 'Dishoom'Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman KhanICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up callVijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for free
German No. 2 seed Angelique Kerber and Romanian No. 5 seed Simona Halep advanced to the se
Ada Lovelace's 197th birth anniversary: Google dedicates its doodle Last Updated : 10 Dec 2012 02:41:26 PM IST File Photo
The search engine giant Google has dedicated its famous doodle to Ada Lovelace on her 197th birth anniversary.
Ada Lovelace is often considered as world's first computer programmer.
Augusta Ada King, Countess of Lovelace, born as Augusta Ada Byron on December 10, 1815, is popularly known as Ada Lovelace, was an English mathematician and writer.
She was chiefly known for her work on Charles Babbage's early mechanical general-purpose computer, the Analytical Engine. Her notes on the engine include what is recognised as the first algorithm intended to be processed by a machine. Because of this, she is often considered the world's first computer programmer.
Ada was the only legitimate child of the poet Lord Byron (with Anne Isabella Byron). She had no relationship with her father, who separated from her mother just a month after Ada was born, and four months later he left England forever and died in Greece in 1823 when she was eight.
As a young adult, she took an interest in mathematics, and in particular Babbage's work on the analytical engine.
Between 1842 and 1843, she translated an article by Italian mathematician Luigi Menabrea on the engine, which she supplemented with a set of notes of her own. These notes contain what is considered the first computer program — that is, an algorithm encoded for processing by a machine.
Ada's notes are important in the early history of computers. She also foresaw the capability of computers to go beyond mere calculating or number-crunching while others, including Babbage himself, focused only on these capabilities.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rohit Dhawan's Dishoom, starring Varun Dhawan, John Abraham and Jacqueline Fernandez, has
- Don't call dance songs item numbers: Aditi
- Didn't confirm any leading lady for 'Golmaal 4': Arshad Warsi
- 'Dishoom': Stylised action and entertainment
- Milind running barefoot from Ahmedabad to Mumbai
- Salman mourns Rajjat Barjatya's death
- Hope to dub in my voice for Malayalam debut: Priya Anand
- Varun Dhawan upset with 'Dishoom' ban in Pak
- Facts about Sanjay Dutt we bet you don't know
The lightning scar of Harry Potter is the most recognisable symbol of the character from t
Route Mobile Limited, a messaging and voice API company, on Thursday announced it has acqu