- Images: Miley Cyrus poses completely nude for V magazineWill Deepika Padukone be the next Baby Doll of Bollywood?Bigg Boss 8 house pics leaked; know why Salman Khan turned pilotModi gifts Gita to AbeKatrina Kaif caught on camera with rumored boyfriend Ranbir KapoorIs Salman Khan going to marry Elli Avram?Aamir weeps openlyPics: This is how the new iPhone 6 will look likeISL gets roaring openingAkshay Kumar to challenge Bollywood Khans
IPL mania hits Indian football. Now Indian Super League football
Ada Lovelace's 197th birth anniversary: Google dedicates its doodle Last Updated : 10 Dec 2012 02:41:26 PM IST File Photo
The search engine giant Google has dedicated its famous doodle to Ada Lovelace on her 197th birth anniversary.
Ada Lovelace is often considered as world's first computer programmer.
Augusta Ada King, Countess of Lovelace, born as Augusta Ada Byron on December 10, 1815, is popularly known as Ada Lovelace, was an English mathematician and writer.
She was chiefly known for her work on Charles Babbage's early mechanical general-purpose computer, the Analytical Engine. Her notes on the engine include what is recognised as the first algorithm intended to be processed by a machine. Because of this, she is often considered the world's first computer programmer.
Ada was the only legitimate child of the poet Lord Byron (with Anne Isabella Byron). She had no relationship with her father, who separated from her mother just a month after Ada was born, and four months later he left England forever and died in Greece in 1823 when she was eight.
As a young adult, she took an interest in mathematics, and in particular Babbage's work on the analytical engine.
Between 1842 and 1843, she translated an article by Italian mathematician Luigi Menabrea on the engine, which she supplemented with a set of notes of her own. These notes contain what is considered the first computer program — that is, an algorithm encoded for processing by a machine.
Ada's notes are important in the early history of computers. She also foresaw the capability of computers to go beyond mere calculating or number-crunching while others, including Babbage himself, focused only on these capabilities.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Miley Cyrus usually looks like she’s not wearing any clothes, but on the upcoming issue
- Will Deepika Padukone be the next Baby Doll of Bollywood?
- Bigg Boss 8 house pics leaked; know why Salman Khan turned pilot
- Katrina Kaif caught on camera with rumored boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor
- Is Salman Khan going to marry Elli Avram?
- Aamir weeps openly
- Britney Spears focuses on work to get over split
- Akshay Kumar to challenge Bollywood Khans
- Brangelina honeymoon in the Mediterranean
For years scientists have theorized about how large rocks some weighing hundreds of pound
With rumors of an imminent launch early next month, let's show you how the iPhone 6 will l