- Kate Upton won't go in for breast reductionWhat happened to the Aashiqui girl Anu Aggarwal?Virat\'s ways can make Anushka a jealous girlfriendVJ Rannvijay marries PriyankaSanju Baba caught off guard in leaked MMS clipAll set for fifth phase of pollsSee what Poonam Pandey lovesHrithik danced for 12-hours at strechPICS : Lara Dutta turns 36Xcent gets 450 bookings everyday
Iconic Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar after buying a ISL team is now set to own a tenn
US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 10:38:52 AM IST US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation
Two senior US officials will travel to Pakistan to hold the meeting of a US-Pakistan working group on non-proliferation.
Led by Rose Gottemoeller, the Acting Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security, the US-Pakistan Security, Strategic Stability, and Nonproliferation Working Group would meet in Islamabad next week.
Assistant Secretary of State for International Security and Nonproliferation Thomas Countryman will also attend the working group meeting.
"These regular talks between the United States and Pakistan cover a range of bilateral and multilateral nonproliferation issues and follow other recent working groups on economics and finance, energy, and defence," the State Department said in a statement.
Gearing up for a post 2014 Afghanistan, US said Pakistan has quite an important role toplay in the future of regional stability.
"Look it's a difficult relationship, we co-operate oncounter-terrorism issues that is essential to US nationalsecurity interest. We had our ups and downs. We certainly acknowledge that," Ben Rhodes, Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication for the US President, told the White House Foreign Press Group yesterday.
"I think right now we have the potential to work together both to resolve some of the terrorism issues, but as we look to 2014 Afghanistan; we want to make sure Pakistan is part of the solution in terms of regional stability.
So their (Pakistan's) support for an Afghan-led reconciliation is critically important and we want to continueto support that," Rhodes asserted.
"In the United States, our goal here is to defeat al Qaeda. As we continue to degrade al Qaeda, it allows for us to have a discussion about how we are prostrate in the region, ina way that is durable and sustainable that respects the sovereignty and interest of all the countries in the region ? Afghanistan and Pakistan included," he said in response to a question.
"So we are in a better footing, in some respect with US Pakistan relationship that we were a year ago.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood lovers Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif, who recently spend a romantic holiday in
- Movies releasing in April 2014
- Miranda Kerr strips off for photo shoot
- No one wants to marry 'Revolver Rani'
- When gorgeous Sushmita Sen had some fun on Comedy Nights With Kapil
- Prem Chopra loves being a villian
- Nargis not ready to marry Uday Chopra
- Deepika in awe of Rajinikanth's passion for Cinema
- Alia's another selfie with Arjun Kapoor
Social media is about nurturing connections but lately it has enabled internet users to pu
Taiwanese technology firm Asus has launched dual SIM tablet Fonepad 7 in India.