- Images: Bollywood stars who are mama's boysSee sexy Alia Bhatt who wants to be thick skinnedSussane demands 400 crores alimonyDivas in see through dressesSee some rare visuals of Kaka\'s Aashirwaad; now soldSalman\'s niece is a hot girlIN PICS: Priyanka Chopra's b'day bashSelena Gomez oops moment!Ranveer Singh visits Deepika in CorsicaPICS: Love at first sight, grow more!
The 31-year-old Bindra kept his nerve to take the honour in his favourite 10 m air rifle
US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 10:38:52 AM IST US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation
Two senior US officials will travel to Pakistan to hold the meeting of a US-Pakistan working group on non-proliferation.
Led by Rose Gottemoeller, the Acting Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security, the US-Pakistan Security, Strategic Stability, and Nonproliferation Working Group would meet in Islamabad next week.
Assistant Secretary of State for International Security and Nonproliferation Thomas Countryman will also attend the working group meeting.
"These regular talks between the United States and Pakistan cover a range of bilateral and multilateral nonproliferation issues and follow other recent working groups on economics and finance, energy, and defence," the State Department said in a statement.
Gearing up for a post 2014 Afghanistan, US said Pakistan has quite an important role toplay in the future of regional stability.
"Look it's a difficult relationship, we co-operate oncounter-terrorism issues that is essential to US nationalsecurity interest. We had our ups and downs. We certainly acknowledge that," Ben Rhodes, Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication for the US President, told the White House Foreign Press Group yesterday.
"I think right now we have the potential to work together both to resolve some of the terrorism issues, but as we look to 2014 Afghanistan; we want to make sure Pakistan is part of the solution in terms of regional stability.
So their (Pakistan's) support for an Afghan-led reconciliation is critically important and we want to continueto support that," Rhodes asserted.
"In the United States, our goal here is to defeat al Qaeda. As we continue to degrade al Qaeda, it allows for us to have a discussion about how we are prostrate in the region, ina way that is durable and sustainable that respects the sovereignty and interest of all the countries in the region ? Afghanistan and Pakistan included," he said in response to a question.
"So we are in a better footing, in some respect with US Pakistan relationship that we were a year ago.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Kareena Kapoor Khan, who is part of Salman Khan's next film 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan',
- Images: Bollywood stars who are mama's boys
- See sexy Alia Bhatt who wants to be thick skinned
- Sussane demands 400 crores alimony
- Divas in see through dresses
- See some rare visuals of Kaka's Aashirwaad; now sold
- Radcliffe prefers films
- Salman's niece is a hot girl
- IN PICS: Priyanka Chopra's b'day bash
With a string of harrowing incidents that have left the nation enraged, parents have been
Handset maker Oplus Technologies has launched its smartphone, XonPhone 5 in the Indian mar