- Ten reasons to watch M.S. Dhoni: An Untold StoryEnergy drinks may increase risk of drink drivingDon't want to do destructive roles: JohnLove is a feeling beyond your control: Ranbir KapoorWho is Salman Khan's duplicate?Get Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's make-up look this festive season!Sonakshi and John unveil the poster of 'Force 2', trailer to be released tonigh..Shilpa Shetty pens down her second book on recipesThings to keep in mind while travelling with dogsInside pics of Ranbir Kapoor birthday
India outplayed Pakistan 3-1 to set up a title showdown with hosts Bangladesh in the Under
US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 10:38:52 AM IST US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation
Two senior US officials will travel to Pakistan to hold the meeting of a US-Pakistan working group on non-proliferation.
Led by Rose Gottemoeller, the Acting Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security, the US-Pakistan Security, Strategic Stability, and Nonproliferation Working Group would meet in Islamabad next week.
Assistant Secretary of State for International Security and Nonproliferation Thomas Countryman will also attend the working group meeting.
"These regular talks between the United States and Pakistan cover a range of bilateral and multilateral nonproliferation issues and follow other recent working groups on economics and finance, energy, and defence," the State Department said in a statement.
Gearing up for a post 2014 Afghanistan, US said Pakistan has quite an important role toplay in the future of regional stability.
"Look it's a difficult relationship, we co-operate oncounter-terrorism issues that is essential to US nationalsecurity interest. We had our ups and downs. We certainly acknowledge that," Ben Rhodes, Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication for the US President, told the White House Foreign Press Group yesterday.
"I think right now we have the potential to work together both to resolve some of the terrorism issues, but as we look to 2014 Afghanistan; we want to make sure Pakistan is part of the solution in terms of regional stability.
So their (Pakistan's) support for an Afghan-led reconciliation is critically important and we want to continueto support that," Rhodes asserted.
"In the United States, our goal here is to defeat al Qaeda. As we continue to degrade al Qaeda, it allows for us to have a discussion about how we are prostrate in the region, ina way that is durable and sustainable that respects the sovereignty and interest of all the countries in the region ? Afghanistan and Pakistan included," he said in response to a question.
"So we are in a better footing, in some respect with US Pakistan relationship that we were a year ago.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The craze for Neeraj Pandey's "M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story", a biopic on India's best kno
- Are Pakistani artistes terrorists, asks Salman
- Harshvardhan very special to me: Saiyami Kher
- Not playing Pakistani journalist in 'Noor': Sonakshi Sinha
- Kuch Rang Pyar Ke couple is a hit
- Unseen photos of Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka Sharma
- Shocking that Western cinema doesn't reflect diversity: Mira Nair
- Shivaay makers deny featuring Pakistani actress
- This is how Kat wished Ranbir on his birthday
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
The Chinese internet and technology conglomerate LeEco is offering its disruptive smaret