- Bigg Boss 8:Know all about the final contestantsPics of Kareena-Karisma enjoying in DubaiKatrina Kaif finally admits dating Ranbir KapoorSarah White offers naked therapyRekha, Sridevi, Neetu looks gorgeousSRK\'s daughter is a good footballerNeha\'s sexy avtaar in Ekkees Toppon Ki SalaamiSaif-Kareena's holiday destinationShweta Basu Prasad in Bigg Boss8?Why Hot Neha Dhupia says No to Julie 2
The moment the Capital's football fraternity has been waiting for, will arrive soon with
US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 10:38:52 AM IST US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation
Two senior US officials will travel to Pakistan to hold the meeting of a US-Pakistan working group on non-proliferation.
Led by Rose Gottemoeller, the Acting Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security, the US-Pakistan Security, Strategic Stability, and Nonproliferation Working Group would meet in Islamabad next week.
Assistant Secretary of State for International Security and Nonproliferation Thomas Countryman will also attend the working group meeting.
"These regular talks between the United States and Pakistan cover a range of bilateral and multilateral nonproliferation issues and follow other recent working groups on economics and finance, energy, and defence," the State Department said in a statement.
Gearing up for a post 2014 Afghanistan, US said Pakistan has quite an important role toplay in the future of regional stability.
"Look it's a difficult relationship, we co-operate oncounter-terrorism issues that is essential to US nationalsecurity interest. We had our ups and downs. We certainly acknowledge that," Ben Rhodes, Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication for the US President, told the White House Foreign Press Group yesterday.
"I think right now we have the potential to work together both to resolve some of the terrorism issues, but as we look to 2014 Afghanistan; we want to make sure Pakistan is part of the solution in terms of regional stability.
So their (Pakistan's) support for an Afghan-led reconciliation is critically important and we want to continueto support that," Rhodes asserted.
"In the United States, our goal here is to defeat al Qaeda. As we continue to degrade al Qaeda, it allows for us to have a discussion about how we are prostrate in the region, ina way that is durable and sustainable that respects the sovereignty and interest of all the countries in the region ? Afghanistan and Pakistan included," he said in response to a question.
"So we are in a better footing, in some respect with US Pakistan relationship that we were a year ago.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
‘Tamanchey’ girl Richa Chadha will be seen in an international movie soon.
- Bigg Boss 8:Know all about the final contestants
- Pics of Kareena-Karisma enjoying in Dubai
- Hrithik Roshan tribute to Michael Jackson in new Bang Bang song
- Katrina Kaif finally admits dating Ranbir Kapoor
- Shooting for next 'James Bond' film starts in December
- Rekha, Sridevi, Neetu looks gorgeous
- Cara Delevingne lands female lead role in 'Paper Towns'
- SRK's daughter is a good footballer
Lord Hanuman has managed to get an Aadhaar card made, but there are no takers for it.
Apple had more than 4 million advance orders of its new iPhones in the first 24 hours.