- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5We have forgotten about humanity: Priyanka ChopraPeople stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek BachchanChinkara poaching case: Salman thanks fans for prayers, supportAkshay had a ball shooting cameo for 'Dishoom'Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman KhanICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once
Sports Minister Vijay Goel said talented javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra, who recently scrip
- Narsingh doping: Banned substance can be detected months later
- Volleyball body gives green light to Russiaa Rio squad
- Coach Guardiola imposed strict diet: Man City defender Clichy
- Morales promises rewards for Bolivia's medallists in Rio
- Kerala HC asks AFI to include athlete Raghavan in Olympic squad
US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 10:38:52 AM IST US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation
Two senior US officials will travel to Pakistan to hold the meeting of a US-Pakistan working group on non-proliferation.
Led by Rose Gottemoeller, the Acting Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security, the US-Pakistan Security, Strategic Stability, and Nonproliferation Working Group would meet in Islamabad next week.
Assistant Secretary of State for International Security and Nonproliferation Thomas Countryman will also attend the working group meeting.
"These regular talks between the United States and Pakistan cover a range of bilateral and multilateral nonproliferation issues and follow other recent working groups on economics and finance, energy, and defence," the State Department said in a statement.
Gearing up for a post 2014 Afghanistan, US said Pakistan has quite an important role toplay in the future of regional stability.
"Look it's a difficult relationship, we co-operate oncounter-terrorism issues that is essential to US nationalsecurity interest. We had our ups and downs. We certainly acknowledge that," Ben Rhodes, Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication for the US President, told the White House Foreign Press Group yesterday.
"I think right now we have the potential to work together both to resolve some of the terrorism issues, but as we look to 2014 Afghanistan; we want to make sure Pakistan is part of the solution in terms of regional stability.
So their (Pakistan's) support for an Afghan-led reconciliation is critically important and we want to continueto support that," Rhodes asserted.
"In the United States, our goal here is to defeat al Qaeda. As we continue to degrade al Qaeda, it allows for us to have a discussion about how we are prostrate in the region, ina way that is durable and sustainable that respects the sovereignty and interest of all the countries in the region ? Afghanistan and Pakistan included," he said in response to a question.
"So we are in a better footing, in some respect with US Pakistan relationship that we were a year ago.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Vidya Balan loves traditional jewellery and says she used to wear jhumkas worth Rs
- We have forgotten about humanity: Priyanka Chopra
- 'Force 2' a very action heavy film: Tahir Raj Bhasin
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Explorer Levison Wood's Himalayan journey to air in India
- People stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek Bachchan
- Find Malayalam industry to be very progressive: Priya Anand
- Want to do hardcore love story: Raashi
- Watch: 'Kala Chashma' the party groover from 'Baar Baar Dekho'
An international team of scientists has identified a rare new species of beaked whale that
Domestic electronics company Micromax has announced a new laptop series Micromax Ignite an