- Review: Mechanic ResurrectionOMG!!! Ranbir is mocking katrina's text messages???While kissing in A Flying Jat,Jacqualine-Tiger refused to hear cutShahid-Meera to announce good news soon'A Flying Jatt' movie reviewShraddha, Sushant walks for at Malhotra at LFWBhavna Bhavnani abuses Salman Khan to sell her bookDeepika Padukone among worl'd richest actresses nowSakshi Malik will be Beti Bachao Beti Padhao brand ambassador in HaryanaRustom Girl Ileana D'Cruz's monsoon skin ritual
With India, a country of over 1.2 billion people, managing to win only two medals in the j
US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 10:38:52 AM IST US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation
Two senior US officials will travel to Pakistan to hold the meeting of a US-Pakistan working group on non-proliferation.
Led by Rose Gottemoeller, the Acting Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security, the US-Pakistan Security, Strategic Stability, and Nonproliferation Working Group would meet in Islamabad next week.
Assistant Secretary of State for International Security and Nonproliferation Thomas Countryman will also attend the working group meeting.
"These regular talks between the United States and Pakistan cover a range of bilateral and multilateral nonproliferation issues and follow other recent working groups on economics and finance, energy, and defence," the State Department said in a statement.
Gearing up for a post 2014 Afghanistan, US said Pakistan has quite an important role toplay in the future of regional stability.
"Look it's a difficult relationship, we co-operate oncounter-terrorism issues that is essential to US nationalsecurity interest. We had our ups and downs. We certainly acknowledge that," Ben Rhodes, Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication for the US President, told the White House Foreign Press Group yesterday.
"I think right now we have the potential to work together both to resolve some of the terrorism issues, but as we look to 2014 Afghanistan; we want to make sure Pakistan is part of the solution in terms of regional stability.
So their (Pakistan's) support for an Afghan-led reconciliation is critically important and we want to continueto support that," Rhodes asserted.
"In the United States, our goal here is to defeat al Qaeda. As we continue to degrade al Qaeda, it allows for us to have a discussion about how we are prostrate in the region, ina way that is durable and sustainable that respects the sovereignty and interest of all the countries in the region ? Afghanistan and Pakistan included," he said in response to a question.
"So we are in a better footing, in some respect with US Pakistan relationship that we were a year ago.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
"Mechanic Resurrection" is a super-charged, stylishly packed action thriller that is mecha
- OMG!!! Ranbir is mocking katrina's text messages???
- Palak Muchhal in tears while recording song for 'Naamkarann' (TV Snippets)
- Would love to go out-of-the-box, says Abhay Deol
- While kissing in A Flying Jat,Jacqualine-Tiger refused to hear cut
- Jackie Chan is Renny Harlin's icon
- 'Freaky Ali' team to launch menswear label in Dubai
- Taapsee, Neeraj Pandey team up for 'Meera'
- Want no cookie cutter beauty queen: Lara Dutta
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
South Korean electronics conglomerate LG on Friday launched a new X Cam smartphone in Indi
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM
- Microsoft acquires Genee to accelerate intelligent experiences in Office 365
- Gionee launches selfie-focussed smartphone in India
- Microsoft's OneNote tool now available for Mac
- Huawei P9 with dual-lens camera launched in India at Rs 39,999