- TV presenter\'s nude photos leakedReal reason for Gauhar and Kushal spilitBollywood celebs at Shilpa\'s Diwali bashDevshi Khanduri’s semi nude pics goes viral, view picsFreida gets stripped for Jr. Mallya on her B\'dayList of winners and losersTips to stay healthy this DiwaliUnseen pics of Sunny Deol with mother and familyIs Sonali Raut secretly in love with this mystery man?Salman's 2015 and 2016 Eid releases final now
Two-time Grand Slam winner Andy Murray continues his bid to reach the ATP World Tour Fin
US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 10:38:52 AM IST US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation
Two senior US officials will travel to Pakistan to hold the meeting of a US-Pakistan working group on non-proliferation.
Led by Rose Gottemoeller, the Acting Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security, the US-Pakistan Security, Strategic Stability, and Nonproliferation Working Group would meet in Islamabad next week.
Assistant Secretary of State for International Security and Nonproliferation Thomas Countryman will also attend the working group meeting.
"These regular talks between the United States and Pakistan cover a range of bilateral and multilateral nonproliferation issues and follow other recent working groups on economics and finance, energy, and defence," the State Department said in a statement.
Gearing up for a post 2014 Afghanistan, US said Pakistan has quite an important role toplay in the future of regional stability.
"Look it's a difficult relationship, we co-operate oncounter-terrorism issues that is essential to US nationalsecurity interest. We had our ups and downs. We certainly acknowledge that," Ben Rhodes, Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication for the US President, told the White House Foreign Press Group yesterday.
"I think right now we have the potential to work together both to resolve some of the terrorism issues, but as we look to 2014 Afghanistan; we want to make sure Pakistan is part of the solution in terms of regional stability.
So their (Pakistan's) support for an Afghan-led reconciliation is critically important and we want to continueto support that," Rhodes asserted.
"In the United States, our goal here is to defeat al Qaeda. As we continue to degrade al Qaeda, it allows for us to have a discussion about how we are prostrate in the region, ina way that is durable and sustainable that respects the sovereignty and interest of all the countries in the region ? Afghanistan and Pakistan included," he said in response to a question.
"So we are in a better footing, in some respect with US Pakistan relationship that we were a year ago.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actress Raveena Tandon has become the latest celebrity to join Prime Minister Na
- TV presenter's nude photos leaked
- Real reason for Gauhar and Kushal spilit
- Bollywood celebs at Shilpa's Diwali bash
- Devshi Khanduri’s semi nude pics goes viral, view pics
- Freida gets stripped for Jr. Mallya on her B'day
- Why SRK lost his cool on Comedy Nights, watch video
- Brett Lee begins shooting 'UnIndian'
- Not prepared to face insecurity from masses: Big B
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country