- Salman Khan to marry Iulia VanturSpiritual way for the naughty onesSRK, Deepika at \'Kochadaiiyaan\' music launchRaagini Makkar wins IGT 5Relationship makes Deepika completePICS: Maria Sharapova\'s tips for men\'s tennisGauhar takes care of Kushal at hospitalTrending videos in IndiaSalman will donate spermWomen who matter in Indian politics
To lengthen careers, men's tennis should have three sets like women's feels Maria Sharapov
US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 10:38:52 AM IST US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation
Two senior US officials will travel to Pakistan to hold the meeting of a US-Pakistan working group on non-proliferation.
Led by Rose Gottemoeller, the Acting Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security, the US-Pakistan Security, Strategic Stability, and Nonproliferation Working Group would meet in Islamabad next week.
Assistant Secretary of State for International Security and Nonproliferation Thomas Countryman will also attend the working group meeting.
"These regular talks between the United States and Pakistan cover a range of bilateral and multilateral nonproliferation issues and follow other recent working groups on economics and finance, energy, and defence," the State Department said in a statement.
Gearing up for a post 2014 Afghanistan, US said Pakistan has quite an important role toplay in the future of regional stability.
"Look it's a difficult relationship, we co-operate oncounter-terrorism issues that is essential to US nationalsecurity interest. We had our ups and downs. We certainly acknowledge that," Ben Rhodes, Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication for the US President, told the White House Foreign Press Group yesterday.
"I think right now we have the potential to work together both to resolve some of the terrorism issues, but as we look to 2014 Afghanistan; we want to make sure Pakistan is part of the solution in terms of regional stability.
So their (Pakistan's) support for an Afghan-led reconciliation is critically important and we want to continueto support that," Rhodes asserted.
"In the United States, our goal here is to defeat al Qaeda. As we continue to degrade al Qaeda, it allows for us to have a discussion about how we are prostrate in the region, ina way that is durable and sustainable that respects the sovereignty and interest of all the countries in the region ? Afghanistan and Pakistan included," he said in response to a question.
"So we are in a better footing, in some respect with US Pakistan relationship that we were a year ago.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Reality TV star Khloe Kardashian's curves drew people's attention at the Rick Ross' concer
- On a comeback, Elizabeth Hurley to play TV queen
- How horrible these celebs look without makeup!!
- Salman Khan to marry Iulia Vantur
- My boyfriend doesn't allow me to shoot with other men: Shakira
- Madonna announces collaboration with Avicii
- Madhuri's acting made me feel I was on screen: Sampat Pal
- SRK, Deepika at 'Kochadaiiyaan' music launch
- Juhi Chawla's brother Bobby Chawla dies
You must hae heard about the mating rituals of endemic species Albatross. But you never wa
Nokia's android-based 'Nokia X' will be available in India from March 15 and has been pric