- Vanessa Hudgens gets restraining orderFilm Savita Barbie: Shanti Dynamite Out, Gehana InGauri Khan's day out with her momSunny Leone asks Rs 4 crore to judge RoadiesInside stories of Arpita Khan's weddingDeepika Padukone defeated Katrina KaifRare, unseen pics of Arpita\'s weddingHas Saif lost his stardom?Meet junior Lata MangeshkarWhat Katrina Kaif eats
Upbeat over winning the China Open title and moving up to the fourth spot in the latest BW
US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 10:38:52 AM IST US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation
Two senior US officials will travel to Pakistan to hold the meeting of a US-Pakistan working group on non-proliferation.
Led by Rose Gottemoeller, the Acting Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security, the US-Pakistan Security, Strategic Stability, and Nonproliferation Working Group would meet in Islamabad next week.
Assistant Secretary of State for International Security and Nonproliferation Thomas Countryman will also attend the working group meeting.
"These regular talks between the United States and Pakistan cover a range of bilateral and multilateral nonproliferation issues and follow other recent working groups on economics and finance, energy, and defence," the State Department said in a statement.
Gearing up for a post 2014 Afghanistan, US said Pakistan has quite an important role toplay in the future of regional stability.
"Look it's a difficult relationship, we co-operate oncounter-terrorism issues that is essential to US nationalsecurity interest. We had our ups and downs. We certainly acknowledge that," Ben Rhodes, Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication for the US President, told the White House Foreign Press Group yesterday.
"I think right now we have the potential to work together both to resolve some of the terrorism issues, but as we look to 2014 Afghanistan; we want to make sure Pakistan is part of the solution in terms of regional stability.
So their (Pakistan's) support for an Afghan-led reconciliation is critically important and we want to continueto support that," Rhodes asserted.
"In the United States, our goal here is to defeat al Qaeda. As we continue to degrade al Qaeda, it allows for us to have a discussion about how we are prostrate in the region, ina way that is durable and sustainable that respects the sovereignty and interest of all the countries in the region ? Afghanistan and Pakistan included," he said in response to a question.
"So we are in a better footing, in some respect with US Pakistan relationship that we were a year ago.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
This wonder girl is a rage on social networking sites.
- Salman kissed girlfriend Jaqualine
- Vanessa Hudgens gets restraining order
- Dilip Kumar perfectly fine: Big B
- After Deepika, Arjun Rampal lambasts the leading English daily
- Film Savita Barbie: Shanti Dynamite Out, Gehana In
- Gauri Khan's day out with her mom
- Dilip Kumar becomes victim of internet death hoax
- Sunny Leone asks Rs 4 crore to judge Roadies
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Nokia is not going to give up easily as the company has now come up with a new tablet.