- PICS: Koalas killed in Australia due to starvingMahendra Singh Dhoni\'s Wife Sakshi Tweets First Picture of Daughter ZivaShraddha Kapoor celebrates her birthday with Varun DhawanRenault to launch LodgyThis is why everyone calls Alia Bhatt a fool?Giorgio Armani hits back at MadonnaShahrukh in Delhi for FanOMG! Why was Ranbir on his knees proposing to Deepika?Taraporevala Aquarium in Mumbai reopensAishwarya Rai\'s returns on Vogue India cover
Michael Phelps might return to the pool for this year's World Championships.
US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 10:38:52 AM IST US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation
Two senior US officials will travel to Pakistan to hold the meeting of a US-Pakistan working group on non-proliferation.
Led by Rose Gottemoeller, the Acting Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security, the US-Pakistan Security, Strategic Stability, and Nonproliferation Working Group would meet in Islamabad next week.
Assistant Secretary of State for International Security and Nonproliferation Thomas Countryman will also attend the working group meeting.
"These regular talks between the United States and Pakistan cover a range of bilateral and multilateral nonproliferation issues and follow other recent working groups on economics and finance, energy, and defence," the State Department said in a statement.
Gearing up for a post 2014 Afghanistan, US said Pakistan has quite an important role toplay in the future of regional stability.
"Look it's a difficult relationship, we co-operate oncounter-terrorism issues that is essential to US nationalsecurity interest. We had our ups and downs. We certainly acknowledge that," Ben Rhodes, Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication for the US President, told the White House Foreign Press Group yesterday.
"I think right now we have the potential to work together both to resolve some of the terrorism issues, but as we look to 2014 Afghanistan; we want to make sure Pakistan is part of the solution in terms of regional stability.
So their (Pakistan's) support for an Afghan-led reconciliation is critically important and we want to continueto support that," Rhodes asserted.
"In the United States, our goal here is to defeat al Qaeda. As we continue to degrade al Qaeda, it allows for us to have a discussion about how we are prostrate in the region, ina way that is durable and sustainable that respects the sovereignty and interest of all the countries in the region ? Afghanistan and Pakistan included," he said in response to a question.
"So we are in a better footing, in some respect with US Pakistan relationship that we were a year ago.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni is busy with the ICC Cricket World Cup while h
- Kardashian learns Piano from Oksana
- Reason behind the Divyanka-Sharad split
- Shraddha Kapoor celebrates her birthday with Varun Dhawan
- Shahrukh Khan Drapes a saree
- Bollywood criticises ban on beef in Maharashtra
- This is why everyone calls Alia Bhatt a fool?
- Giorgio Armani hits back at Madonna
- L Subramaniam, Roshan Kumari receive Hafiz Ali Khan Award
Elizabeth "Betty" McIntosh, an American spy girl who was stationed in India for a few yea
iPhone maker Apple has emerged as the largest 4G LTE device vendor in India.