- Obama witnesses India\'s cultural heritage,Watch PhotosInside pictures of Soha Ali Khan- Kunal Khemu\'s weddingSoha Ali Khan, Kunal Khemu tie the knotMallika Sherawat to enter Bigg Boss Halla BolPatrick Stewart praises Jennifer LawrenceAamir Khan\'s \'PK\' to release in ChinaWatch PM Modi receiving the Obamas in DelhiAyushmann to act in Punjabi film?PICS: Soha Ali Khan\'s mehendi ceremonyMovie Review: Dolly Ki Doli
Rafael Nadal's Australian Open dream lay in tatters Tuesday with the third seed crushed by
US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 10:38:52 AM IST US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation
Two senior US officials will travel to Pakistan to hold the meeting of a US-Pakistan working group on non-proliferation.
Led by Rose Gottemoeller, the Acting Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security, the US-Pakistan Security, Strategic Stability, and Nonproliferation Working Group would meet in Islamabad next week.
Assistant Secretary of State for International Security and Nonproliferation Thomas Countryman will also attend the working group meeting.
"These regular talks between the United States and Pakistan cover a range of bilateral and multilateral nonproliferation issues and follow other recent working groups on economics and finance, energy, and defence," the State Department said in a statement.
Gearing up for a post 2014 Afghanistan, US said Pakistan has quite an important role toplay in the future of regional stability.
"Look it's a difficult relationship, we co-operate oncounter-terrorism issues that is essential to US nationalsecurity interest. We had our ups and downs. We certainly acknowledge that," Ben Rhodes, Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication for the US President, told the White House Foreign Press Group yesterday.
"I think right now we have the potential to work together both to resolve some of the terrorism issues, but as we look to 2014 Afghanistan; we want to make sure Pakistan is part of the solution in terms of regional stability.
So their (Pakistan's) support for an Afghan-led reconciliation is critically important and we want to continueto support that," Rhodes asserted.
"In the United States, our goal here is to defeat al Qaeda. As we continue to degrade al Qaeda, it allows for us to have a discussion about how we are prostrate in the region, ina way that is durable and sustainable that respects the sovereignty and interest of all the countries in the region ? Afghanistan and Pakistan included," he said in response to a question.
"So we are in a better footing, in some respect with US Pakistan relationship that we were a year ago.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
It is hot babe Shruti Hasan's birthday and it is also an occasion to publish some best pic
- Real reason why Salman left 'Bigg Boss 8'
- Saif's son poses with step mom Kareena
- Miley Cyrus strips cloth in ocean
- SRK likely to feature in Bengal's new tourism campaign
- Shah Rukh Khan invites Obama for Chaiyya Chaiyaa dance
- Watch Sambhavna Seth Hot Video
- Shruti Hassan: Hot Star in the making
- Dimpy is my best friend and I'm not dating Aparna,says Rahul Mahajan
As the Cricket World Cup is round the corner, a bat as tall as 10-storey building, unveile
Chinese handset maker Xiaomi will be launching its latest 4G device Mi4 in India on Jan 28