- Bollywood's all time romantic couples!What do Bollywood celebs fear?Katrina bored with 'hardworking' tag, wants poetic adjectives'Kapoor and Sons' special to all of us: Karan JoharHollywood not everybody's cup of tea: Arjun KapoorPromise Day 2016 wallpaper, images and greetingsBeyonce opts for Indian dress againMughal Gardens to open on Friday'Jism 3' most boldest erotic thrillerRakhi Sawant wants to become a porn star now
Nestle has terminated a sponsorship programme with world athletics' governing body (IAAF)
US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 10:38:52 AM IST US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation
Two senior US officials will travel to Pakistan to hold the meeting of a US-Pakistan working group on non-proliferation.
Led by Rose Gottemoeller, the Acting Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security, the US-Pakistan Security, Strategic Stability, and Nonproliferation Working Group would meet in Islamabad next week.
Assistant Secretary of State for International Security and Nonproliferation Thomas Countryman will also attend the working group meeting.
"These regular talks between the United States and Pakistan cover a range of bilateral and multilateral nonproliferation issues and follow other recent working groups on economics and finance, energy, and defence," the State Department said in a statement.
Gearing up for a post 2014 Afghanistan, US said Pakistan has quite an important role toplay in the future of regional stability.
"Look it's a difficult relationship, we co-operate oncounter-terrorism issues that is essential to US nationalsecurity interest. We had our ups and downs. We certainly acknowledge that," Ben Rhodes, Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication for the US President, told the White House Foreign Press Group yesterday.
"I think right now we have the potential to work together both to resolve some of the terrorism issues, but as we look to 2014 Afghanistan; we want to make sure Pakistan is part of the solution in terms of regional stability.
So their (Pakistan's) support for an Afghan-led reconciliation is critically important and we want to continueto support that," Rhodes asserted.
"In the United States, our goal here is to defeat al Qaeda. As we continue to degrade al Qaeda, it allows for us to have a discussion about how we are prostrate in the region, ina way that is durable and sustainable that respects the sovereignty and interest of all the countries in the region ? Afghanistan and Pakistan included," he said in response to a question.
"So we are in a better footing, in some respect with US Pakistan relationship that we were a year ago.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
When we talk about Valentine's day, how can we forget our most romantic Bollywood couples?
- Mallika Sherawat clicks Power selfie with Obama
- Shraddha Kapoor to croon for 'Baaghi
- What do Bollywood celebs fear?
- Bollywood film "Neerja" banned in Pakistan
- Rakesh Roshan reserved the release date for Hrithik Roshan's Kaabil
- Katrina bored with 'hardworking' tag, wants poetic adjectives
- 'Kapoor and Sons' special to all of us: Karan Johar
- Hollywood not everybody's cup of tea: Arjun Kapoor
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Panasonic launches P66 Mega smartphone at Rs. 7,990 in New Delhi on Tuesday.