- Was Aishwarya Rai uncomfortable in this gown at Cannes 2015?Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing lineVote for Aishwarya\'s best gown in cannes 2015Salman tweets Varun : Happy ShuddhiShah Rukh Khan undergoes knee surgery, thanks fans for support'Jazbaa' is not my come back film: AishwaryaWhy Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan are the leading Bollywood romantic pairFive reasons why Salman walked out of Karan Johar\'s ShuddhiSalman not to do Karan's 'Shuddhi'Review of 'Tanu weds Manu Returns'
The president of Italy's amateur footall federation, Felice Belloli, was sacked from his p
US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 10:38:52 AM IST US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation
Two senior US officials will travel to Pakistan to hold the meeting of a US-Pakistan working group on non-proliferation.
Led by Rose Gottemoeller, the Acting Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security, the US-Pakistan Security, Strategic Stability, and Nonproliferation Working Group would meet in Islamabad next week.
Assistant Secretary of State for International Security and Nonproliferation Thomas Countryman will also attend the working group meeting.
"These regular talks between the United States and Pakistan cover a range of bilateral and multilateral nonproliferation issues and follow other recent working groups on economics and finance, energy, and defence," the State Department said in a statement.
Gearing up for a post 2014 Afghanistan, US said Pakistan has quite an important role toplay in the future of regional stability.
"Look it's a difficult relationship, we co-operate oncounter-terrorism issues that is essential to US nationalsecurity interest. We had our ups and downs. We certainly acknowledge that," Ben Rhodes, Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication for the US President, told the White House Foreign Press Group yesterday.
"I think right now we have the potential to work together both to resolve some of the terrorism issues, but as we look to 2014 Afghanistan; we want to make sure Pakistan is part of the solution in terms of regional stability.
So their (Pakistan's) support for an Afghan-led reconciliation is critically important and we want to continueto support that," Rhodes asserted.
"In the United States, our goal here is to defeat al Qaeda. As we continue to degrade al Qaeda, it allows for us to have a discussion about how we are prostrate in the region, ina way that is durable and sustainable that respects the sovereignty and interest of all the countries in the region ? Afghanistan and Pakistan included," he said in response to a question.
"So we are in a better footing, in some respect with US Pakistan relationship that we were a year ago.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Former "Baywatch" actress Pamela Anderson is all set to release her new photo and prose bo
- Why Karan Johar's loss will be YRF's gain?
- No, Sunny Leone-Daniel Weber not kicked out of their house!
- SRK discharged from hospital after knee surgery
- PICS:Kim Kardashian fires back on critics
- See what fun the cast of Dil Dhadkne Do has at Comedy Nights with Kapil
- Video+PICS: Aguilera mocked on Miley, Britney, Shakira
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns is a must watch movie, and here are the reasons
- OMG! Salman Khan's Dubsmash with Sonakshi is hilarious
Selfie is not limited to humans even animals are fond of it .The elephant selfie or “elp
Indian conglomerate Essar Group today said it is no longer interested in buying Nokia's Ch