- Film Review: TamashaBipasha shares burnt marksIt will be a snowy Christmas for Ranbir-KatrinaPRDP enters 200 crore clubAll about Dimpy Ganguly's bacheloretteRanveer watched 'Tamasha' with Ranbir, DeepikaEmraan to kiss again on screen in 'Azhar''Dilwale' unveils new songWhy sex in hotel room longer than at homeHrithik Roshan lauds Aamir's response to criticism
After a successful season last year, Indian Premier Tennis League (IPTL) founder and star
US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 10:38:52 AM IST US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation
Two senior US officials will travel to Pakistan to hold the meeting of a US-Pakistan working group on non-proliferation.
Led by Rose Gottemoeller, the Acting Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security, the US-Pakistan Security, Strategic Stability, and Nonproliferation Working Group would meet in Islamabad next week.
Assistant Secretary of State for International Security and Nonproliferation Thomas Countryman will also attend the working group meeting.
"These regular talks between the United States and Pakistan cover a range of bilateral and multilateral nonproliferation issues and follow other recent working groups on economics and finance, energy, and defence," the State Department said in a statement.
Gearing up for a post 2014 Afghanistan, US said Pakistan has quite an important role toplay in the future of regional stability.
"Look it's a difficult relationship, we co-operate oncounter-terrorism issues that is essential to US nationalsecurity interest. We had our ups and downs. We certainly acknowledge that," Ben Rhodes, Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication for the US President, told the White House Foreign Press Group yesterday.
"I think right now we have the potential to work together both to resolve some of the terrorism issues, but as we look to 2014 Afghanistan; we want to make sure Pakistan is part of the solution in terms of regional stability.
So their (Pakistan's) support for an Afghan-led reconciliation is critically important and we want to continueto support that," Rhodes asserted.
"In the United States, our goal here is to defeat al Qaeda. As we continue to degrade al Qaeda, it allows for us to have a discussion about how we are prostrate in the region, ina way that is durable and sustainable that respects the sovereignty and interest of all the countries in the region ? Afghanistan and Pakistan included," he said in response to a question.
"So we are in a better footing, in some respect with US Pakistan relationship that we were a year ago.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Ten reasons to watch Tamasha
- Bhansali has 'Midas touch': Shreya Ghoshal
- Tough for couples to romance on-screen: Anurag
- Bipasha shares burnt marks
- It will be a snowy Christmas for Ranbir-Katrina
- PRDP enters 200 crore club
- All about Dimpy Ganguly's bachelorette
- Ranveer watched 'Tamasha' with Ranbir, Deepika
- B-town salute the Martyrs of 26/11
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
The Power Electronics and Control unit company has developed mobile application "MassPark"