- DIY tips to light up your home for DiwaliMake a glitzy style statement on DiwaliWays to stay healthy during DiwaliManage diabetes and enjoy DiwaliKJo run-ins with political parties’ every-time before releaseKaran wanted more intimate scenes but I controlled: AishwaryaSRK, Gauri celebrate 25 years of marriageTips to keep your pets safe this DiwaliBritney Spears suffers wardrobe malfunctionI was mesmerised by Aishwarya's persona: Anushka Sharma
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 10:38:52 AM IST US, Pak to hold meeting on non-proliferation
Two senior US officials will travel to Pakistan to hold the meeting of a US-Pakistan working group on non-proliferation.
Led by Rose Gottemoeller, the Acting Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security, the US-Pakistan Security, Strategic Stability, and Nonproliferation Working Group would meet in Islamabad next week.
Assistant Secretary of State for International Security and Nonproliferation Thomas Countryman will also attend the working group meeting.
"These regular talks between the United States and Pakistan cover a range of bilateral and multilateral nonproliferation issues and follow other recent working groups on economics and finance, energy, and defence," the State Department said in a statement.
Gearing up for a post 2014 Afghanistan, US said Pakistan has quite an important role toplay in the future of regional stability.
"Look it's a difficult relationship, we co-operate oncounter-terrorism issues that is essential to US nationalsecurity interest. We had our ups and downs. We certainly acknowledge that," Ben Rhodes, Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication for the US President, told the White House Foreign Press Group yesterday.
"I think right now we have the potential to work together both to resolve some of the terrorism issues, but as we look to 2014 Afghanistan; we want to make sure Pakistan is part of the solution in terms of regional stability.
So their (Pakistan's) support for an Afghan-led reconciliation is critically important and we want to continueto support that," Rhodes asserted.
"In the United States, our goal here is to defeat al Qaeda. As we continue to degrade al Qaeda, it allows for us to have a discussion about how we are prostrate in the region, ina way that is durable and sustainable that respects the sovereignty and interest of all the countries in the region ? Afghanistan and Pakistan included," he said in response to a question.
"So we are in a better footing, in some respect with US Pakistan relationship that we were a year ago.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Sarod maestro Amjad Ali Khan has joined the debate on the inclusion of Pakistani talent in
- You look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says Anushka
- SRK lends support to beautifying Bandstand Promenade
- 'Kaabil' trailer preview
- Salman Khan's bodyguard booked for assault
- 'Kahaani 2' trailer leaves a strong impact
- Filmmaking has become a business: Jaya Bachchan
- VOOT to bring exclusive content from 'Bigg Boss' house
- Pak artistes may not attend Goa arts festival
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Bharti Airtel on Wednesday launched an affordable 10-day validity pack for international r