- Wedding album of Aishwarya Rai BachchanJukebox of \'The Shaukeens\' audio is out!Morphed photos of Bollywood actresses that caused controversyWhy has Farha Khan upset Saroj KhanLisa Haydon suffering from dengueWhat next for Shweta Basu after caught in a sex racketReview in pics: Super NaniAamir Khan in Bigg Boss 8
Roger Federer kept up his hopes of finishing the year as world number one when he downed
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan on Facebook page for recruitment Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 10:39:39 AM IST Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan on Facebook page for recruitment
The banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan have created a Facebook page to recruit persons to write for a planned quarterly magazine and to work on tasks like video editing and translation.
The Pakistani insurgent group’s spokesman, Ehsanullah Ehsan, confirmed that it had put a page called Umar Media TTP on the social media website. TTP is the acronym for Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan, the group’s name in Urdu.
The Umar Media TTP page, which has nearly 290 likes, has a message posted on November 22 seeking writers for "Ahyah-e-Khilafat", which is described as the "official quarterly magazine" of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan.
"Dear brothers and sisters, 'Pen is mightier than the sowrd (sic)'. Now you have a chance to use this mighty weapon," the message says.
Prospective contributors can write on "on topic of your choice, or on jihadi current affairs, history, Islamic movements, plight of ummah, etc etc", the message adds. An earlier message posted in October states that "Umar Media is proud to announce online jobs oppertunities (sic)".
The job "discription (sic) is video editing,translations, sharing, uploading, downloading and collection of required data".
The earlier message includes an email ID for contacting the Taliban and asks people to spread news about the Facebook page as the account may be deleted.
US intelligence organisation on Facebook page
In a statement, US-based private intelligence organisation SITE said: "Through its official media arm, Umar Media, the TTP has taken to Facebook to recruit contributors for their media work and the group's forthcoming publication 'Ayah-E-Khilafat' (Sign of the Caliphate)."
The TTP, currently led by Hakimullah Mehsud, has been behind scores of bombings and suicide attacks, a majority of them against the security forces, that have killed thousands in the past five years.
In October, the TTP claimed responsibility for an attempt to assassinate teenage rights activist Malala Yousufzai, who is being treated in a British hospital after being shot in the head.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
See the wedding album of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan, inclusing mehnadi a
- New poster of 'Rang Rasiya' out now
- Jukebox of 'The Shaukeens' audio is out!
- Morphed photos of Bollywood actresses that caused controversy
- Why has Farha Khan upset Saroj Khan
- Lisa Haydon suffering from dengue
- Paltrow praised estranged husband
- What next for Shweta Basu after caught in a sex racket
- When Deepika Padukone dated Upen Patel
It is always a subject of debate whether Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) does exist or n
Handset maker Lava Friday launched a new series of Iris smartphones under the 'Fuel' brand