- Mandakini\'s semi-nude photos had created an uproarNo formula for blockbuster movies: Salman KhanSalman and Eid are deadly combo,set to strike Rs 600 CrWorld War I revisitedIndian heroes at CWG 2014Kajol to feature in hubby Ajay Devgn\'s new filmFive loopholes that led the police to arrest Piyush in Jyoti Murder CaseImran Khan to romance \'Queen\' of Bollywood in Katti BattiModel poses nude to protest against Adani coal project in AustraliaThis is how Salman, SRK, Aamir celebrated Eid
The Indian team at the CWG 2014 Glasgow are doing the nation proud with their medal winnin
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan on Facebook page for recruitment Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 10:39:39 AM IST Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan on Facebook page for recruitment
The banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan have created a Facebook page to recruit persons to write for a planned quarterly magazine and to work on tasks like video editing and translation.
The Pakistani insurgent group’s spokesman, Ehsanullah Ehsan, confirmed that it had put a page called Umar Media TTP on the social media website. TTP is the acronym for Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan, the group’s name in Urdu.
The Umar Media TTP page, which has nearly 290 likes, has a message posted on November 22 seeking writers for "Ahyah-e-Khilafat", which is described as the "official quarterly magazine" of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan.
"Dear brothers and sisters, 'Pen is mightier than the sowrd (sic)'. Now you have a chance to use this mighty weapon," the message says.
Prospective contributors can write on "on topic of your choice, or on jihadi current affairs, history, Islamic movements, plight of ummah, etc etc", the message adds. An earlier message posted in October states that "Umar Media is proud to announce online jobs oppertunities (sic)".
The job "discription (sic) is video editing,translations, sharing, uploading, downloading and collection of required data".
The earlier message includes an email ID for contacting the Taliban and asks people to spread news about the Facebook page as the account may be deleted.
US intelligence organisation on Facebook page
In a statement, US-based private intelligence organisation SITE said: "Through its official media arm, Umar Media, the TTP has taken to Facebook to recruit contributors for their media work and the group's forthcoming publication 'Ayah-E-Khilafat' (Sign of the Caliphate)."
The TTP, currently led by Hakimullah Mehsud, has been behind scores of bombings and suicide attacks, a majority of them against the security forces, that have killed thousands in the past five years.
In October, the TTP claimed responsibility for an attempt to assassinate teenage rights activist Malala Yousufzai, who is being treated in a British hospital after being shot in the head.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The teaser trailer of erotic romance film 'Fifty Shades of Grey' is the most watched trail
- Mandakini's semi-nude photos had created an uproar
- B - Town praises PC’s Mary Kom trailer
- No formula for blockbuster movies: Salman Khan
- Salman and Eid are deadly combo,set to strike Rs 600 Cr
- Kajol to feature in hubby Ajay Devgn's new film
- Imran Khan to romance 'Queen' of Bollywood in Katti Batti
- This is how Salman, SRK, Aamir celebrated Eid
- Hrithik agrees to pay 380 crore to Sussanne
With a string of harrowing incidents that have left the nation enraged, parents have been
Tech giant Apple has reduced the price of its 13-inch non-Retina MacBook Pro by Rs 11,000.