- Tips to stay healthy this DiwaliUnseen pics of Sunny Deol with mother and familyIs Sonali Raut secretly in love with this mystery man?Salman's 2015 and 2016 Eid releases final nowGauhar Khan: The new Bigg BossBollywood calling for Sunny Leone's husband DanielIn PICS: Dia Mirza weds Sahil SanghaJacqueline Fernandez follows Angelina Jolie, Cameron Diaz for Hollywood debutMeet Jhanvi Kapoor and Suhana Khan\'s best friendAjay Devgn comes to Kajol\'s rescue
Atletico de Kolkata's marquee player and former Liverpool star Luis Garcia may be unavail
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan on Facebook page for recruitment Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 10:39:39 AM IST Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan on Facebook page for recruitment
The banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan have created a Facebook page to recruit persons to write for a planned quarterly magazine and to work on tasks like video editing and translation.
The Pakistani insurgent group’s spokesman, Ehsanullah Ehsan, confirmed that it had put a page called Umar Media TTP on the social media website. TTP is the acronym for Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan, the group’s name in Urdu.
The Umar Media TTP page, which has nearly 290 likes, has a message posted on November 22 seeking writers for "Ahyah-e-Khilafat", which is described as the "official quarterly magazine" of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan.
"Dear brothers and sisters, 'Pen is mightier than the sowrd (sic)'. Now you have a chance to use this mighty weapon," the message says.
Prospective contributors can write on "on topic of your choice, or on jihadi current affairs, history, Islamic movements, plight of ummah, etc etc", the message adds. An earlier message posted in October states that "Umar Media is proud to announce online jobs oppertunities (sic)".
The job "discription (sic) is video editing,translations, sharing, uploading, downloading and collection of required data".
The earlier message includes an email ID for contacting the Taliban and asks people to spread news about the Facebook page as the account may be deleted.
US intelligence organisation on Facebook page
In a statement, US-based private intelligence organisation SITE said: "Through its official media arm, Umar Media, the TTP has taken to Facebook to recruit contributors for their media work and the group's forthcoming publication 'Ayah-E-Khilafat' (Sign of the Caliphate)."
The TTP, currently led by Hakimullah Mehsud, has been behind scores of bombings and suicide attacks, a majority of them against the security forces, that have killed thousands in the past five years.
In October, the TTP claimed responsibility for an attempt to assassinate teenage rights activist Malala Yousufzai, who is being treated in a British hospital after being shot in the head.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After collecting Rs 500 crore at the Indian box office, Aamir Khan-starrer 'Dhoom 3' has n
- Unseen pics of Sunny Deol with mother and family
- Is Sonali Raut secretly in love with this mystery man?
- Salman's 2015 and 2016 Eid releases final now
- Gauhar Khan: The new Bigg Boss
- Bollywood calling for Sunny Leone's husband Daniel
- In PICS: Dia Mirza weds Sahil Sangha
- Jacqueline Fernandez follows Angelina Jolie, Cameron Diaz for Hollywood debut
- Meet Jhanvi Kapoor and Suhana Khan's best friend
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country