- Bollywood Beauties who are non graduatesUpdated Renault Pulse launchedMahesh, Pooja Bhatt\'s play \'Daddy\' to stage in PakistanI want to sing more than just dance numbers: Kanika KapoorCinematographer Aloysius diesPICS: Kangana deserves to win:Sonam KapoorLady Gaga to star in \'American Horror Story: Hotel\'Madonna falls off stage during Brit Awards performanceShahrukh’s new leading lady WaluschaI\'m influenced with Rekha in Fitoor,says Katrina
Table Tennis giants China have made a few changes in their squad for the Asian Cup.
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan on Facebook page for recruitment Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 10:39:39 AM IST Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan on Facebook page for recruitment
The banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan have created a Facebook page to recruit persons to write for a planned quarterly magazine and to work on tasks like video editing and translation.
The Pakistani insurgent group’s spokesman, Ehsanullah Ehsan, confirmed that it had put a page called Umar Media TTP on the social media website. TTP is the acronym for Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan, the group’s name in Urdu.
The Umar Media TTP page, which has nearly 290 likes, has a message posted on November 22 seeking writers for "Ahyah-e-Khilafat", which is described as the "official quarterly magazine" of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan.
"Dear brothers and sisters, 'Pen is mightier than the sowrd (sic)'. Now you have a chance to use this mighty weapon," the message says.
Prospective contributors can write on "on topic of your choice, or on jihadi current affairs, history, Islamic movements, plight of ummah, etc etc", the message adds. An earlier message posted in October states that "Umar Media is proud to announce online jobs oppertunities (sic)".
The job "discription (sic) is video editing,translations, sharing, uploading, downloading and collection of required data".
The earlier message includes an email ID for contacting the Taliban and asks people to spread news about the Facebook page as the account may be deleted.
US intelligence organisation on Facebook page
In a statement, US-based private intelligence organisation SITE said: "Through its official media arm, Umar Media, the TTP has taken to Facebook to recruit contributors for their media work and the group's forthcoming publication 'Ayah-E-Khilafat' (Sign of the Caliphate)."
The TTP, currently led by Hakimullah Mehsud, has been behind scores of bombings and suicide attacks, a majority of them against the security forces, that have killed thousands in the past five years.
In October, the TTP claimed responsibility for an attempt to assassinate teenage rights activist Malala Yousufzai, who is being treated in a British hospital after being shot in the head.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
More and more Bollywood celebrities are giving their bold statements on the controversial
- Bollywood Beauties who are non graduates
- Mahesh, Pooja Bhatt's play 'Daddy' to stage in Pakistan
- I want to sing more than just dance numbers: Kanika Kapoor
- PICS: Cinematographer Aloysius Vincent dies at 88
- PICS: Kangana deserves to win:Sonam Kapoor
- Lady Gaga to star in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Madonna falls off stage during Brit Awards performance
- PICS:Shahrukh’s new leading lady Waluscha
Miss P became America's top dog by winning best in show at the Westminster Kennel Club.
Google is releasing a set of tools designed for businesses and employees who want to get w