- Neha Dhupia to turn film producerEmma Watson\'s nude photos about to leakHrithik Roshan rides an auto rickshawBhadra's rendition of Mahalaya still bestThe lucky man Irrfan KhanLamborghini sports car Huracan in IndiaHuma Qureshi flaunts ample cleavage, view picsShocking Bollywood picturesNo wedding bells for Armaan, TanishaaMahesh Babu's 'Aagadu' beats Salman's 'Kick'
The Indo-Zimbawbwean combination of Sania Mirza and Cara Black became the fourth pair to
Bahamas: Cargo ship spilled 11,355 litres of oil Last Updated : 07 Dec 2012 12:26:57 PM IST Bahamas: Cargo ship spilled 11,355 litres of oil
Roughly 11,355 litres (3,000 gallons) of oil have spilled into the ocean from a cargo ship accident earlier this week in the northern Bahamas.
At a news conference ,Environment Minister Kenred Dorsett said crews were able to recover a portion of the oily water off Grand Bahama island but he did not provide any specifics of how much. He said chemical dispersants that break up oil were not used out of concern for its effect on marine life.
Dorsett said the worst of the oily mess would be dispersed naturally through wave action and tides."It is preferable to let nature take its course ... allowing the dispersed material to flow with the natural tideinto the Atlantic Ocean where there are no land-based resources at risk," he said.
Bahamian authorities have described the accident as a "tier one spill," the smallest kind.Still, the islands' government expects to notify the United States about the spill off Grand Bahama, the northernmost island in the archipelago off the eastern coast of Florida.
Grand Bahama, about 55 miles from the mainland, is theBahamas' closest island to Florida."We want to let our neighbours know," Transport Minister Glenys Hanna-Martin said. "It's not because we anticipate an issue, but as a matter of duty."
After a Tuesday helicopter flight over the damaged vessel,government officials said they saw an oily sheen coming from the damaged container ship and it was apparently heading toward the Florida Straits. On a second observation flight Wednesday, Bahamian environmental official Dwyane Curtis said they did not see evidence of "any residual fuel in the area."
The damaged ship has been towed back into harbour by a local salvage company, whose owner has criticised the government for not doing a better job of cleaning up the spill in the hours after the accident became known.
The islands are investigating caused the hull breach in the Panamanian-flagged cargo ship Eugenia. The vessel is owned by Swiss-based Mediterranean Shipping Co.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Sexy Neha Dhupia is quite eager to don the producer role in the near future
- Taylor Swift invites fans for secret session
- Emma Watson's nude photos about to leak
- Veena Malik gives birth to baby boy
- Hrithik Roshan rides an auto rickshaw
- Amitabh Bachchan prays for Shashi Kapoor's speedy recovery
- The lucky man Irrfan Khan
- I have Pakistani blood in my veins: Sonam
- Daawat-e-Ishq gives tough fight to Khoobsurat at BO
An 21 years-old American Jasmine Tridevil claims that she had plastic surgery to create a
Samsung will be launching its Tizen phones in india soon to boost falling sales.