- Why Katrina-Ranbir starrer Jagga Jasoos is getting delayedDeepika to decide if she wants to have sex before or after marriageHema malini and Dharmendra all set to become nana-naniOMG! Is Aamir Khan taking steroids?Salman Khan will be acquitted in Hit-and-Run case?Detective Sushant visits old Delhi railway stationTry these 5 Lazy Ways to Stay SlimKim blasts on Kris JennerPics: Thousands bid farewell to Lee in SingaporeYoungsters 'happier and healthier' than ten years ago
Kidambi Srikanth on Sunday gave delight to the nation by clinching men's singles titles at
Obama wants India to play 'more robust role' in international arena Last Updated : 07 Dec 2012 08:57:57 AM IST file photo
US sees "huge potential" for co-operation with India and wants New Delhi to play a more "robust" role in certain international arena, a top American security official said.
Ben Rhodes, Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication for US President said The United States would like to see India play "more robust role" in certain international areas.
Expanding economic ties, increasing exports, continuing co-operation on counter-terrorism issues and Afghanistan,implementation of the civilian nuclear deal, working together on key global issues like development in Africa or climate change, and close co-ordination in the Asia Pacific region are some of the key issues, which is expected to drive the Obama Administration's India policy in its second term, the official said.
"India is definitely in the category of rapidly emerging democracy, where we see huge potential for co-operation. Economically, we want to continue to increase our co-operation with India, our exports to India, and we believe there is a great potential in that relationship," Ben Rhodes, Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication for US President, told the White House Foreign Press Group in a round table yesterday.
"We have close counter terrorism co-operation with India,which we have to continue given the threats that continue to emanate from the region. "On the nuclear issue, we are going to continue to have our co-operation, we want to make sure that US companies again have the type of access they are entitled to and in that process so we had a dialogue with India about moving forward with our nuclear relationship. We will continue to do so going forward," Rhodes said.
"So, on climate, India is a critical partner in making any international climate agreement successful. So we will continue to work with India on climate," he said, adding, US would like to increase its partnership with India in developmental efforts in Africa.
"One of the things that the President talked about when he was travelling to India was how can the US and India draw from India's experience to help promote food security in parts of Africa for instance," he said.
"We also co-operate with India on Afghanistan. As we look at the future of South Asia broadly, India is certainly going to have a role in promoting stability and in supporting a democratic Afghan government beyond 2014. It has not only provided a lot of assistance in Afghanistan and we think that is positive and it continues to play that role," Rhodes said.
As such there is broad agenda with India that the United States will build on going forward, he said. "We look at India as a fellow democracy, a country that shares not just interests with the United States but also values. We welcome India's focus on Asia as well," he said praising India's Look East Policy.
I think, it's good for India to be at the table and indiscussing issues like maritime security in the Asia Pacific," the White House official said
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
For Sunny Leone's husband Daniel Weber, his wife is not sext enough! Is it so?
- See Deepika Padukone what men want!
- See Mira Rajput and Shahid Kapoor's roka cermony!
- Pics: Interesting Facts about Meena Kumari 'The Tragedy Queen'
- Watch 'Kuch Kuch Locha Hai' trailer
- Salman Khan’s ex -flame Somy Ali sexually assaulted
- India by the Nile: Big B stunned by fans in Egypt
- Why Katrina-Ranbir starrer Jagga Jasoos is getting delayed
- Deepika to decide if she wants to have sex before or after marriage
Salem Hajdarovac says he didn't sleep for a week when he heard his workshop had been gran
Mobile commerce is likely to overtake e-commerce in the next few years, spurred by the con