- Is Alia Bhatt leaving Bhatt house?Kanye West is furious after Kim Kardashian's nude photos leakList of movies to be released in Oct 2014Major goof-up: Now Alia Bhatt doesn\'t know who Maharashtra\'s CM is!Little known facts about Asian Games 2014 gold medalist Mary KomMiley Cyrus takes nude selfieTwo million Muslims to perform Haj this yearWho is hotter, Katrina in 'Bang Bang' or Deepika Padukone in 'Happy New Year'Winning is a habit for Mary KomChicken tikka masala loses charm!
She has once again made the country proud. MC Mary Kom has not only won the gold medal at
UN chief urges NKorea to reconsider rocket launch Last Updated : 05 Dec 2012 10:05:55 AM IST UN chief urges NKorea to reconsider rocket launch
Concerned over the planned rocket launch by North Korea ,United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon urged Pyongyang to reconsider its decision to launch a rocket which would be "a clear violation" of UN sanctions.
The UN chief also urged Pyongyang to suspend all activities related to its ballistic missile program, UN spokesman Martin Nesirky said.
The UN Security Council has imposed two rounds of sanctions on North Korea following its nuclear tests and a 2009 resolution orders the North not to conduct any launch using ballistic missile technology.
"Such a launch would also heighten tension in the region," Ban's spokesman said.The International Maritime Organization said Monday that North Korea had informed it that it planned to launch a satellite between December 10-22.
It would be North Korea's second launch attempt under leader Kim Jong Un, who took power following his father Kim Jong Il's death nearly a year ago. The embarrassing misfire of its last rocket eight months ago earned the country widespread international condemnation.
The secretary-general also called on the North to reestablish a moratorium on missile launches, as required by the Security Council, Nesirky said.
Ban, a former South Korean foreign minister, renewed his call on North Korean authorities "to work towards building confidence with neighboring countries and improving the life of its people," he said.
"He reaffirms his commitment to working for peace and stability on the Korean peninsula and helping the people in the DPRK," Nesirky said, using the initials of the country's official name, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
The United States considers North Korea's rocket launches to be veiled covers for tests of technology for long-range missiles designed to strike the United States.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Alia is a big girl now, she readies to leave her home.
- Kanye West is furious after Kim Kardashian's nude photos leak
- List of movies to be released in Oct 2014
- Major goof-up: Now Alia Bhatt doesn't know who Maharashtra's CM is!
- Miley Cyrus takes nude selfie
- SRK calls Aamir Khan ‘Aadha Hero’
- Keira not worried about turning 30
- Who is hotter, Katrina in 'Bang Bang' or Deepika Padukone in 'Happy New Year'
- Vishal Bhardwaj wants to work with Shweta Basu
A class 12th student, identified as Maqsood, was mauled by a white tiger at Delhi Zoo on T
BlackBerry on Monday launched its new smartphone BalckBerry Passport for Rs 49, 990 in Ind