- Garam Dharam upset with mediaA walk in nature could battle depressionVarun-Shraddha's 'ABCD 2' nearing 100 croreStar studded screening for ‘Guddu Rangeela’Gaysil Naubert to choreographPooja Bhatt refused 'Aashiqui' for loveWho first came to meet Hema Malini after the accident?Salman tweets Sooraj Pancholi\'s tattoo from \'Hero\'Bollywood couples who did not go on honeymoonNo aaj ki party song in Bajrangi Bhaijaan
Indian women go into Saturday's hockey encounter with Japan in the World League Semifinals
US wants 'Osama Doctor' Afridi released and safe Last Updated : 30 Nov 2012 12:34:36 PM IST US wants 'Osama Doctor' Afridi released and safe
The United States has said that it wants a Pakistani doctor Shakil Afridi, who helped CIA trace Osama bin Laden in Pakistan, to be "released and safe".
The State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland was responding to questions on reports that Dr Afridi had gone on a hunger strike to protest against prison conditions as he serves a 33 year sentence at the Peshawar jail for aiding the militant organisation Lashkar-e-Islam, Nuland said that the prosecution and conviction of Dr Afridi sends the wrong message, especially in light of the shared interest in taking down one of the world's most notorious terrorists.
Dr Afridi is accused of helping the CIA in tracing Osama bin Laden, the al Qaeda terrorist, and has been sentenced to 33 years of imprisonment.
"We want to see him released and we want to see him safe," the State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters at her daily news conference yesterday.
"We are worried about all of it because he should never have been locked up to begin with," Nuland said. Dr Afridi is said to be on a hunger strike in a Pakistani jail.
"We've made our views well known, both to the Pakistanis and in public. We are now in the middle of a series of working
group meetings with the Pakistanis, so that could give us a chance to raise our concerns about the hunger strike and other
things, and we are doing that," Nuland said in response to a question.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress and BJP MP Hema Malini, who was injured and admitted to hospital after her road ac
- Aamir-A R Rahman teams up for next home production
- Garam Dharam upset with media
- Varun-Shraddha's 'ABCD 2' nearing 100 crore
- Star studded screening for ‘Guddu Rangeela’
- Gaysil Naubert to choreograph
- Hansal Mehta to Make Sanjay Gandhi Biopic
- Pooja Bhatt refused 'Aashiqui' for love
- Who first came to meet Hema Malini after the accident?
The state's Technical Education and Training Minister Ujjal Biswas said that the student s
Xiaomi the smartphone giant which offers great features at less prices has yet made anothe