- Most Indians search for BMW, MercedesChildren inspire SRK for stuntsThe censored scenes of Bollywood filmsPoonam Pandey takes up ice bucket challengeSalman Khan goes to LA10 Unknown facts about Neha DhupiaReason behind Priyanka\'s fitnessRanbir to play Lakhan in Karan\'s remakeList of films releasing in festive seasonPics: Shraddha Kapoor turns hot seductress on Filmfare cover
India's Rohan Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam Qureshi crashed out of the US Open
US wants 'Osama Doctor' Afridi released and safe Last Updated : 30 Nov 2012 12:34:36 PM IST US wants 'Osama Doctor' Afridi released and safe
The United States has said that it wants a Pakistani doctor Shakil Afridi, who helped CIA trace Osama bin Laden in Pakistan, to be "released and safe".
The State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland was responding to questions on reports that Dr Afridi had gone on a hunger strike to protest against prison conditions as he serves a 33 year sentence at the Peshawar jail for aiding the militant organisation Lashkar-e-Islam, Nuland said that the prosecution and conviction of Dr Afridi sends the wrong message, especially in light of the shared interest in taking down one of the world's most notorious terrorists.
Dr Afridi is accused of helping the CIA in tracing Osama bin Laden, the al Qaeda terrorist, and has been sentenced to 33 years of imprisonment.
"We want to see him released and we want to see him safe," the State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters at her daily news conference yesterday.
"We are worried about all of it because he should never have been locked up to begin with," Nuland said. Dr Afridi is said to be on a hunger strike in a Pakistani jail.
"We've made our views well known, both to the Pakistanis and in public. We are now in the middle of a series of working
group meetings with the Pakistanis, so that could give us a chance to raise our concerns about the hunger strike and other
things, and we are doing that," Nuland said in response to a question.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan does action on screen for children Aryan and Suhana.
- The censored scenes of Bollywood films
- Poonam Pandey takes up ice bucket challenge
- Salman Khan goes to LA
- 10 Unknown facts about Neha Dhupia
- Reason behind Priyanka's fitness
- Ranbir to play Lakhan in Karan's remake
- List of films releasing in festive season
- Pics: Shraddha Kapoor turns hot seductress on Filmfare cover
Facebook and Twitter feeds are inundated with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos, and some ar
Xiaomi will be launching its affordable smartphone Redmi 1s in India on Sept 2.