- Birthday special: Ranbir Kapoor childhood picsReason why Lata Mangeshkar did not marryGionee S6s smartphone: A delight for selfie loversQuick tips for an organised homeBirthday special: Famous sayings by Yash ChopraTurn to tea tree oil for glowing skinBig B is hopeful, things will change post 'Pink'Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'Famous bold lip-locks of B-town divas we can never forgetBeing a celebrity isn't a piece of cake: Raveena Tandon
With a final berth at stake, the traditional rivalry between India and Pakistan will take
US wants 'Osama Doctor' Afridi released and safe Last Updated : 30 Nov 2012 12:34:36 PM IST US wants 'Osama Doctor' Afridi released and safe
The United States has said that it wants a Pakistani doctor Shakil Afridi, who helped CIA trace Osama bin Laden in Pakistan, to be "released and safe".
The State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland was responding to questions on reports that Dr Afridi had gone on a hunger strike to protest against prison conditions as he serves a 33 year sentence at the Peshawar jail for aiding the militant organisation Lashkar-e-Islam, Nuland said that the prosecution and conviction of Dr Afridi sends the wrong message, especially in light of the shared interest in taking down one of the world's most notorious terrorists.
Dr Afridi is accused of helping the CIA in tracing Osama bin Laden, the al Qaeda terrorist, and has been sentenced to 33 years of imprisonment.
"We want to see him released and we want to see him safe," the State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters at her daily news conference yesterday.
"We are worried about all of it because he should never have been locked up to begin with," Nuland said. Dr Afridi is said to be on a hunger strike in a Pakistani jail.
"We've made our views well known, both to the Pakistanis and in public. We are now in the middle of a series of working
group meetings with the Pakistanis, so that could give us a chance to raise our concerns about the hunger strike and other
things, and we are doing that," Nuland said in response to a question.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Comedian Krushna Abhishek on Wednesday defended "Comedy Nights Bachao", a show that he co-
- Inside pics of Ranbir Kapoor birthday
- Replace Mahira, Fawad in 'Raees', 'Ae Dil...', demands MNS
- Big B, others wish Lata Mangeshkar on birthday
- Birthday special: Ranbir Kapoor childhood pics
- Reason why Lata Mangeshkar did not marry
- Bollywood split on MNS ban on Pakistani artistes
- Pakistani actors must condemn attack on Indians: Anupam Kher
- 'Modern Family' to feature transgender child actor
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
Samsung India on Tuesday launched its 4G and VOLTE-enabled smartphone Galaxy On8 with a ho