- SRK ignored Salman\'s invitation to attend \'Bigg Boss 8\'See Aishwarya Rai\'s teenage picturesHrithik Roshan avoids meeting Suzanne Khan7 films releasing this week, which is your pick?PICS of Chhath festivalSee Big B with a broomMannara\'s hot lovemaking scenes in Zid, view picsActress Sana Khan arrestedHarman Baweja cheats on Bipasha Basu with a foreign modelSRK turns pink after kisses on both cheeks!
Roger Federer kept up his hopes of finishing the year as world number one when he downed
US wants 'Osama Doctor' Afridi released and safe Last Updated : 30 Nov 2012 12:34:36 PM IST US wants 'Osama Doctor' Afridi released and safe
The United States has said that it wants a Pakistani doctor Shakil Afridi, who helped CIA trace Osama bin Laden in Pakistan, to be "released and safe".
The State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland was responding to questions on reports that Dr Afridi had gone on a hunger strike to protest against prison conditions as he serves a 33 year sentence at the Peshawar jail for aiding the militant organisation Lashkar-e-Islam, Nuland said that the prosecution and conviction of Dr Afridi sends the wrong message, especially in light of the shared interest in taking down one of the world's most notorious terrorists.
Dr Afridi is accused of helping the CIA in tracing Osama bin Laden, the al Qaeda terrorist, and has been sentenced to 33 years of imprisonment.
"We want to see him released and we want to see him safe," the State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters at her daily news conference yesterday.
"We are worried about all of it because he should never have been locked up to begin with," Nuland said. Dr Afridi is said to be on a hunger strike in a Pakistani jail.
"We've made our views well known, both to the Pakistanis and in public. We are now in the middle of a series of working
group meetings with the Pakistanis, so that could give us a chance to raise our concerns about the hunger strike and other
things, and we are doing that," Nuland said in response to a question.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Desi kalakaar Yo Yo Honey Singh has been advised two month rest by doctors. Find out what
- SRK ignored Salman's invitation to attend 'Bigg Boss 8'
- See Aishwarya Rai's teenage pictures
- Hrithik Roshan avoids meeting Suzanne Khan
- 7 films releasing this week, which is your pick?
- Sunny Leone sports hot red bikini in ‘Mastizaade’
- Amitabh Bachchan wraps up 'KBC 8' shooting
- SRK keen to promote Bengali film industry
- Watch SRK’s new 'Sharabi song' from movie HNY
It is always a subject of debate whether Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) does exist or n
Microsoft Devices has launched entry level dual-sim mobile phone 'Nokia 130' in India.