- Pics: And Oscar goes to...Amitabh Bachchan walks fashion ramp for charityRani Mukerji confirms comeback with 'Hichki'Priyanka Chopra looks divine at Oscars 2017Dev Patel attends Oscars with motherAsghar Farhadi's 'The Salesman' wins Best Foreign Language Film'Zootopia' wins Oscar for Best Animated FilmCan't tolerate bullying: Kangana RanautAbRam gets magic in SRK's lifeUnknown facts about Shahid Kapoor
American tennis player Serena Williams led the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) world rank
Savita's death:Ireland disagress public inquiry,family to approach European court Last Updated : 30 Nov 2012 12:19:23 PM IST Savita's death:Ireland disagress public inquiry,family to approach European court
The husband of Savita filed an application in the European Court of Human Rights after Irish govt did not agree for a public inquiry into her death.
According to the Irish Times, Praveen Halappanavar's solicitor Gerard O'Donnell said he was identifying a team of junior and senior counsel for the action because Health Minister James Reilly did not agree to a public inquiry into the circumstances of her death.
"I expect to sit down with them and my client early next week to draw up papers to submit to the European court". Praveen has said the two inquiries established into his wife's death did not satisfy him or her family.
The first was set up by the HSE (Health and Security Executive), while a second, by the Health Information and Quality Authority (Hiqa), while separate to the former, was instigated at the HSE's request. Both will be held in private.
Savita died on October 28 at Galway University Hospital,having presented a week earlier with back pain. She had been 17 weeks pregnant and was found to be miscarrying.
Praveen has said she asked repeatedly for a termination of the pregnancy but was refused and was told the foetal heartbeat was still present and "this is a Catholic country". The miscarriage lasted from October 21 until 24,according to Praveen. His wife contracted septicaemia and died on October 28.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
A record number of wins by black stars, a Muslim actor winning for the first time, the vic
- Amitabh Bachchan walks fashion ramp for charity
- Oscars 2017 celebrate diversity, marred by goof-ups
- Rani Mukerji confirms comeback with 'Hichki'
- Oscars 2017: Oops! Moment
- Priyanka Chopra looks divine at Oscars 2017
- Dev Patel attends Oscars with mother
- Om Puri honoured at Oscars 2017
- Asghar Farhadi's 'The Salesman' wins Best Foreign Language Film
If you are living in a neighbourhood surrounded by trees and shrubs, with birds chirping
Chinese smartphone maker Gionee on Monday launched a new line up of A series smartphones -