- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
Star wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt's bronze medal from the 2012 London Olympics could be upgrade
Syria:Car bomb hits Damascus province Last Updated : 27 Nov 2012 04:08:40 PM IST Syria:Car bomb hits Damascus province
A car bomb hit a police checkpoint in a town southwest of Damascus on Tuesday, as the army deployed in large numbers nearby in a bid to suppress insurgents there, a monitoring group said.
"A car bomb exploded at dawn, targeting a military police checkpoint in Jdeidet Artouz," said the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights. "This was followed by intense shooting, as regular troops continued to be deployed in the fields between Kfar Sousa and Daraya."
It was not immediately clear if anyone was killed by the car bomb or the fighting that ensued. Kfar Sousa lies on the southern belt of the capital, with
the small town of Daraya situated just a few kilometres to the southwest.
Fighting broke out in Damascus over the summer, pitting rebels and the army against each other in several southern districts of the capital.Insurgents have developed rear bases in areas of Damascus province where anti-regime sentiment is strong, and which is home to some of the their best organised and fiercest groups.
The army is currently pushing to quell the rebellion there.Elsewhere, clashes raged in the Hamdaniyeh district of Aleppo, Syria's commercial capital where fighting has reached a stalemate after five months of deadly urban combat.
More than 40,000 people have been killed in Syria since the uprising against President Bashar al-Assad broke out in March last year, according to the Observatory, which relies on a network of activists, doctors and lawyers for its data.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Filmmaker Karan Johar on Monday unveiled the first teaser of his most ambiguous project 'A
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' teaser to release today
- Garner gets emotional during meeting with Affleck
- Dhanush to produce Rajinikanth's next
- New music single addresses homosexuality
- Sonakshi to act with family only with right script
- Remembering 'King Of Pop' on his 58th B'day
- Amy Jackson to sing in Punjabi, reveals Manj Musik
- Saif Ali Khan to be face of 'Supercars Megabuild'
An Indonesian man is set to hold the title of world's oldest man at 145 years, authorities
US tech giant Apple has reportedly sent out invites to select media to cover the launch of