- DIY tips to light up your home for DiwaliMake a glitzy style statement on DiwaliWays to stay healthy during DiwaliManage diabetes and enjoy DiwaliKJo run-ins with political parties’ every-time before releaseKaran wanted more intimate scenes but I controlled: AishwaryaSRK, Gauri celebrate 25 years of marriageTips to keep your pets safe this DiwaliBritney Spears suffers wardrobe malfunctionI was mesmerised by Aishwarya's persona: Anushka Sharma
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
Syria:Car bomb hits Damascus province Last Updated : 27 Nov 2012 04:08:40 PM IST Syria:Car bomb hits Damascus province
A car bomb hit a police checkpoint in a town southwest of Damascus on Tuesday, as the army deployed in large numbers nearby in a bid to suppress insurgents there, a monitoring group said.
"A car bomb exploded at dawn, targeting a military police checkpoint in Jdeidet Artouz," said the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights. "This was followed by intense shooting, as regular troops continued to be deployed in the fields between Kfar Sousa and Daraya."
It was not immediately clear if anyone was killed by the car bomb or the fighting that ensued. Kfar Sousa lies on the southern belt of the capital, with
the small town of Daraya situated just a few kilometres to the southwest.
Fighting broke out in Damascus over the summer, pitting rebels and the army against each other in several southern districts of the capital.Insurgents have developed rear bases in areas of Damascus province where anti-regime sentiment is strong, and which is home to some of the their best organised and fiercest groups.
The army is currently pushing to quell the rebellion there.Elsewhere, clashes raged in the Hamdaniyeh district of Aleppo, Syria's commercial capital where fighting has reached a stalemate after five months of deadly urban combat.
More than 40,000 people have been killed in Syria since the uprising against President Bashar al-Assad broke out in March last year, according to the Observatory, which relies on a network of activists, doctors and lawyers for its data.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Sarod maestro Amjad Ali Khan has joined the debate on the inclusion of Pakistani talent in
- You look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says Anushka
- SRK lends support to beautifying Bandstand Promenade
- 'Kaabil' trailer preview
- Salman Khan's bodyguard booked for assault
- 'Kahaani 2' trailer leaves a strong impact
- Filmmaking has become a business: Jaya Bachchan
- VOOT to bring exclusive content from 'Bigg Boss' house
- Pak artistes may not attend Goa arts festival
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Bharti Airtel on Wednesday launched an affordable 10-day validity pack for international r