- Sheenojis: Charlie Sheen releases personalised emojisHot tips to stay fit and healthyReview; 'The Angry Birds Movie'Veerappan movie review'Phobia' movie reviewReview: 'Waiting' Actors rule the roostSonam, McKellen inaugurate Kashish Film FestivalKaran Johar celebrates birthday with star kidsWhen Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'Wear the right shoe for the right occasion!
Being excited for your favourite football team, rooting for them and suffering vicariously
Syria:Car bomb hits Damascus province Last Updated : 27 Nov 2012 04:08:40 PM IST Syria:Car bomb hits Damascus province
A car bomb hit a police checkpoint in a town southwest of Damascus on Tuesday, as the army deployed in large numbers nearby in a bid to suppress insurgents there, a monitoring group said.
"A car bomb exploded at dawn, targeting a military police checkpoint in Jdeidet Artouz," said the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights. "This was followed by intense shooting, as regular troops continued to be deployed in the fields between Kfar Sousa and Daraya."
It was not immediately clear if anyone was killed by the car bomb or the fighting that ensued. Kfar Sousa lies on the southern belt of the capital, with
the small town of Daraya situated just a few kilometres to the southwest.
Fighting broke out in Damascus over the summer, pitting rebels and the army against each other in several southern districts of the capital.Insurgents have developed rear bases in areas of Damascus province where anti-regime sentiment is strong, and which is home to some of the their best organised and fiercest groups.
The army is currently pushing to quell the rebellion there.Elsewhere, clashes raged in the Hamdaniyeh district of Aleppo, Syria's commercial capital where fighting has reached a stalemate after five months of deadly urban combat.
More than 40,000 people have been killed in Syria since the uprising against President Bashar al-Assad broke out in March last year, according to the Observatory, which relies on a network of activists, doctors and lawyers for its data.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director Raam Reddy, whose Kannada film “Thithi” won the National Film Award, says tha
- Would love to work with Vidya, Aditya: Kunaal Roy Kapur
- Subhash Ghai lauds Kapil Sharma for not disrespecting icons
- Sonam shocked with 'overreaction' over Tanmay Bhat's controversial video
- Ray would have used computers differently for illustrations
- 'Animation not yet considered storytelling medium'
- Katy Perry's Twitter account hacked
- Home for 10 days, Priyanka Chopra to decide on next Hindi films
- Amitabh Bachchan, Anupam Kher mourn producer Vikas Mohan's death
We imagine the Sun as a giant burning furnace that brings sunlight to us but NASA's Solar
E-cigarette use in Britain almost doubled in two years
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Consumer electronics and home appliances major Videocon on Tuesday launched 4G-enabled Kry