- 'The Man Who Knew...' unravels the mystique of Ramanujan Rating: *****Divyanka Tripathi bags maximum honours at Star Parivaar Awards 2016Olympics: India clubbed with Germany in hockey Pool BKamal Haasan to revive Balram Naidu characterSunita Williams, team to ensure safe cargo flights to ISSPreity Zinta to host reception in MumbaiBipasha Basu mehendi ceremony detailsSussanne supports Hrithik on 'intimate' photo leakMake your attire funky with different neck piecesApple sales fall after 13 years
) Indian boxing sensation Vijender Singh has promised his fans another big knockout win wh
Syria:Car bomb hits Damascus province Last Updated : 27 Nov 2012 04:08:40 PM IST Syria:Car bomb hits Damascus province
A car bomb hit a police checkpoint in a town southwest of Damascus on Tuesday, as the army deployed in large numbers nearby in a bid to suppress insurgents there, a monitoring group said.
"A car bomb exploded at dawn, targeting a military police checkpoint in Jdeidet Artouz," said the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights. "This was followed by intense shooting, as regular troops continued to be deployed in the fields between Kfar Sousa and Daraya."
It was not immediately clear if anyone was killed by the car bomb or the fighting that ensued. Kfar Sousa lies on the southern belt of the capital, with
the small town of Daraya situated just a few kilometres to the southwest.
Fighting broke out in Damascus over the summer, pitting rebels and the army against each other in several southern districts of the capital.Insurgents have developed rear bases in areas of Damascus province where anti-regime sentiment is strong, and which is home to some of the their best organised and fiercest groups.
The army is currently pushing to quell the rebellion there.Elsewhere, clashes raged in the Hamdaniyeh district of Aleppo, Syria's commercial capital where fighting has reached a stalemate after five months of deadly urban combat.
More than 40,000 people have been killed in Syria since the uprising against President Bashar al-Assad broke out in March last year, according to the Observatory, which relies on a network of activists, doctors and lawyers for its data.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
How does one describe, let alone cinematically circumscribe, the life of an unvarnished ge
- 'Mother's Day': A light-hearted celebration.
- Unfair to call me 'arrogant' for supporting Salman: Salim Khan
- 'Make In India' most important initiative by Modi: SRK
- Neetu Chandra writes open letter to Alia Bhatt, Chaubey
- Divyanka Tripathi bags maximum honours at Star Parivaar Awards 2016
- For outsiders, Bollywood is a huge gamble: Actor Swara Bhaskar
- Kamal Haasan to revive Balram Naidu character
- Preity Zinta to host reception in Mumbai
Is it true that fashion affects the personality? but it has certain tendency to achieve so
Gone are the days when laptops were marketed as fastest, smartest, biggest or best on the