- SRK ignored Salman\'s invitation to attend \'Bigg Boss 8\'See Aishwarya Rai\'s teenage picturesHrithik Roshan avoids meeting Suzanne Khan7 films releasing this week, which is your pick?PICS of Chhath festivalSee Big B with a broomMannara\'s hot lovemaking scenes in Zid, view picsActress Sana Khan arrestedHarman Baweja cheats on Bipasha Basu with a foreign modelSRK turns pink after kisses on both cheeks!
Roger Federer kept up his hopes of finishing the year as world number one when he downed
Nigeria offers $1.8 million award for info on Boko Haram Last Updated : 25 Nov 2012 02:54:49 PM IST Nigeria offers $1.8 million award for info on Boko Haram
Nigeria has offered USD 1.8 million in reward for information leading to the capture of top leaders of the radical Islamic sect Boko Haram, whose terror campaign in the oil-rich nation has claimed hundreds of lives.
The Joint Task Force (JTF) of the Nigerian military, that is fighting the insurgents in northern part of the country,has listed 19 persons at the head of the organisation including its self-proclaimed leader, Abubakar Shekau.
Any person who could offer information on Shekau has been promised USD 317,000 in reward while information on four persons identified as his major commanders -- Habibu Yusuk,Khalis Albarnawai, Momodu Bama and Mohammed Zangina -- would attract a reward of USD 158,000 each.
Some 14 other members, who are said to be high on the Boko Haram hierarchy, would attract a sum of USD 63,000.A JTF statement said the men were wanted in connection with terrorist activities "particularly in the north east zone of Nigeria".
The military emphasised that the group has bombed and assassinated religious leaders, traditional rulers,businessmen, politicians, civil servants and security personnel.
Last week, Britain added another terror group that operates from the north of Nigeria -- Ansarul Muslimina Fi Biladis Sudan -- to its list of international terrorist organisations, with a belief that it was responsible for the recent killing of a British national in the country.
Members of the British parliament failed to disclose if Boko Haram was to be banned, according to a document made
available to PTI by the UK High Commission in Nigeria.
Boko Haram wants to install an Islamic caliphate in northern Nigeria though the region has a large number of Christians who are in minority. Boko Haram has been responsible for many attacks on mosques, churches, schools, phone masts and government buildings, and caused more than 700 deaths this year alone.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
A huge crowd gathered to have a glimpse of Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan who was in Kanpu
- Hrithik Roshan avoids meeting Sussanne
- Sonakdhi Sinha and Arjun Kappor are in love!
- Aishwarya and Deepika pose for a selfie
- Deepika Padukone now all set to romance Salman Khan
- Why Yo Yo Honey Singh will be out of action for two months
- SRK ignored Salman's invitation to attend 'Bigg Boss 8'
- See Aishwarya Rai's teenage pictures
- Hrithik Roshan avoids meeting Suzanne Khan
It is always a subject of debate whether Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) does exist or n
Microsoft Devices has launched entry level dual-sim mobile phone 'Nokia 130' in India.