- 'Nimrat is an international actress'Mahhi loves making friendsFestival of Light Celebrates San Francisco’s Expanding Light Art SceneMercedes AMG GTS Launched in India at Rs 2.4 crore\'Besharam\' Ranbir Kapoor is experimenting with his craft‘Tamasha’ girl Deepika is no more a shy girlShocking: Bigg B is surviving on just 25% of his liverIs Ranbir Kapoor scared of Salman Khan?Varun\'s dinner date with NatashaWedding bells for Preity Zinta!
Rohan Bopanna, who finished runner-up at the season-ending Finale, returned top-10 as he g
Nigeria offers $1.8 million award for info on Boko Haram Last Updated : 25 Nov 2012 02:54:49 PM IST Nigeria offers $1.8 million award for info on Boko Haram
Nigeria has offered USD 1.8 million in reward for information leading to the capture of top leaders of the radical Islamic sect Boko Haram, whose terror campaign in the oil-rich nation has claimed hundreds of lives.
The Joint Task Force (JTF) of the Nigerian military, that is fighting the insurgents in northern part of the country,has listed 19 persons at the head of the organisation including its self-proclaimed leader, Abubakar Shekau.
Any person who could offer information on Shekau has been promised USD 317,000 in reward while information on four persons identified as his major commanders -- Habibu Yusuk,Khalis Albarnawai, Momodu Bama and Mohammed Zangina -- would attract a reward of USD 158,000 each.
Some 14 other members, who are said to be high on the Boko Haram hierarchy, would attract a sum of USD 63,000.A JTF statement said the men were wanted in connection with terrorist activities "particularly in the north east zone of Nigeria".
The military emphasised that the group has bombed and assassinated religious leaders, traditional rulers,businessmen, politicians, civil servants and security personnel.
Last week, Britain added another terror group that operates from the north of Nigeria -- Ansarul Muslimina Fi Biladis Sudan -- to its list of international terrorist organisations, with a belief that it was responsible for the recent killing of a British national in the country.
Members of the British parliament failed to disclose if Boko Haram was to be banned, according to a document made
available to PTI by the UK High Commission in Nigeria.
Boko Haram wants to install an Islamic caliphate in northern Nigeria though the region has a large number of Christians who are in minority. Boko Haram has been responsible for many attacks on mosques, churches, schools, phone masts and government buildings, and caused more than 700 deaths this year alone.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Nimrat Kaur co-star Akshay Kumar feels that she an international actress.
- Mahhi loves making friends
- 'Besharam' Ranbir Kapoor is experimenting with his craft
- ‘Tamasha’ girl Deepika is no more a shy girl
- Shocking: Bigg B is surviving on just 25% of his liver
- Shilpa thanks Raj Kundra for being her 'bestest friend'
- Hrithik in Kabir Khan's next?
- Varun's dinner date with Natasha
- Akshay yet to decide on remake of 'Kaththi'
In a gruesome and shocking incident, the head of a baby got separated from its body during
Apple's iPhone 6s series will be available in India from October 16 at a starting price of