- Banned, but not by the censorsTen intimate scenes in BollywoodShriya Saran hot photo shootSofia goes nude for Ice Bucket ChallengeControversial hot star Poonam Pandey removed from FacebookRainfall brings relief to northPics: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have secretly wed in FrancePrivate, unseen pics of Katrina Kaif\'s hot sister Isabel KaifHrithik Roshan will soon make Hollywood debut?Observe something in Surveen\'s body
Russian tennis superstar Maria Sharapova booked her US Open third-round berth with a gri
Osama Bin Laden burial: Traditional Islamic procedures followed Last Updated : 22 Nov 2012 01:59:05 PM IST File photo
The burial at sea of Osama bin Laden, killed in a raid by the US Navy SEALs in Pakistan,followed traditional Islamic procedures and no sailors watched it, according to newly released military e-mails.
"Any sailors watch the burial?" a Navy commander asked the public affairs officer on the USS Carl Vinson on a May 3,2011, e-mail.
"Only a small group of the leadership was informed --less than a dozen," the public affairs officer replied. Another e-mail stated, "Burial no sailors watched." Ten heavily redacted e-mails were released by the Department of Defence in response to a Freedom of Information lawsuit initially filed by the watchdog group Judicial Watch.
The Carl Vinson was the carrier where the SEALs took bin Laden's body by helicopter after he was killed during the May 2, 2011, raid at his compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan In communications between high-ranking officers, the e-mails describe Islamic burial procedures being carried out with no fanfare, apparently with few of the officers and enlisted personnel aboard the huge carrier aware of what was going on aboard their ship.
"Traditional procedures for Islamic burial was followed,"said one e-mail, adding, "The deceased's body was washed (ablution) then placed in a white sheet. The body was placed in a weighted bag, a military officer read prepared religious remarks, which were translated into Arabic by a native speaker."
"After the words were complete, the body was placed on a prepared flat board, tipped up, whereupon the deceased's body slid into the sea," it said.
The e-mail detailing the burial account was sent on May 2,2011, and addressed to former Joint Chiefs Chairman Mike Mullen.
Naval officers used code words in some of the e-mails exchanged shortly after the raid was completed, with an exchange between two admirals including, "FEDEX delivered the package. Both trucks are safely enroute home base."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
India is a sensitive nation. Hence, filmmakers must be careful while making their films.
- Ten intimate scenes in Bollywood
- Shriya Saran hot photo shoot
- Sofia goes nude for Ice Bucket Challenge
- Controversial hot star Poonam Pandey removed from Facebook
- Private, unseen pics of Katrina Kaif's hot sister Isabel Kaif
- Hrithik Roshan will soon make Hollywood debut?
- Observe something in Surveen's body
- Irrfan Khan to star opposite Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in ‘Jazbaa’
Half-naked revellers pelted each other with tomatoes and bathed in red goo in Spain's Toma
Xiaomi will be launching its affordable smartphone Redmi 1s in India on Sept 2.