- 3 married lesbians expecting their first babyPICS: If this is not Modi wave what else is!Cricketer Sachin votesKunal Kapoor to become Bachchan’s ‘Damaad’?Letter written on Titanic up for auctionMeet Ajay-Kajol’s kids Nysa and Yug, view picsRani Mukerji childhood picturesShri Sai Baba of Shirdi:Rare Picsunseen pictures of Sachin TendulkarIPL7: Preity Zinta cheers for KXIP, view pics
PV Sindhu, Parupalli Kashyap and RMV Gurusaidutt made winning starts to their respective
Osama Bin Laden burial: Traditional Islamic procedures followed Last Updated : 22 Nov 2012 01:59:05 PM IST File photo
The burial at sea of Osama bin Laden, killed in a raid by the US Navy SEALs in Pakistan,followed traditional Islamic procedures and no sailors watched it, according to newly released military e-mails.
"Any sailors watch the burial?" a Navy commander asked the public affairs officer on the USS Carl Vinson on a May 3,2011, e-mail.
"Only a small group of the leadership was informed --less than a dozen," the public affairs officer replied. Another e-mail stated, "Burial no sailors watched." Ten heavily redacted e-mails were released by the Department of Defence in response to a Freedom of Information lawsuit initially filed by the watchdog group Judicial Watch.
The Carl Vinson was the carrier where the SEALs took bin Laden's body by helicopter after he was killed during the May 2, 2011, raid at his compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan In communications between high-ranking officers, the e-mails describe Islamic burial procedures being carried out with no fanfare, apparently with few of the officers and enlisted personnel aboard the huge carrier aware of what was going on aboard their ship.
"Traditional procedures for Islamic burial was followed,"said one e-mail, adding, "The deceased's body was washed (ablution) then placed in a white sheet. The body was placed in a weighted bag, a military officer read prepared religious remarks, which were translated into Arabic by a native speaker."
"After the words were complete, the body was placed on a prepared flat board, tipped up, whereupon the deceased's body slid into the sea," it said.
The e-mail detailing the burial account was sent on May 2,2011, and addressed to former Joint Chiefs Chairman Mike Mullen.
Naval officers used code words in some of the e-mails exchanged shortly after the raid was completed, with an exchange between two admirals including, "FEDEX delivered the package. Both trucks are safely enroute home base."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
These celebrities have redefined perception about a fuller bum and now women around the wo
- Kunal Kapoor to become Bachchan’s ‘Damaad’?
- Jodha Akbar director denies sexually abusing actor Paridhi Sharma
- Angelina Jolie and I ‘check in on each other ’: Billy Bob Thornton
- Meet Ajay-Kajol’s kids Nysa and Yug, view pics
- Rani Mukerji childhood pictures
- Yo Yo Honey Singh generous towards Akshay
- Truth behind Rani-Aditya hush-hush wedding
- 'Kill Dil' first look:Parineeti Chopra's oomph
Brynn, Doll and Kitten Young are probably the first 'throuple' who got married and are now
Homegrown handset maker Micromax on Tuesday launched its new six-inch phablet 'Canvas Dood