- Anushka and Virat spotted together againAamir Khan\'s special for Sanjay DuttNathuram Godse should have killed Nehru, not GandhiThunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan\'s Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1Amitabh\'s Jalsa turns star studded this DiwaliDeepika challenges Sunny Leone\'Diwali\' celebrations in picsSexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthdayRanveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'
Provisionally suspended she might be but Indian boxer L Sarita Devi has not given up hop
Pakistan:Plea filed against Zardari for addressing rally Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 01:55:10 PM IST Pakistan:Plea filed against Zardari for addressing rally
A man has filed an application in a Pakistani court against President Asif Ali Zardari for addressing a political gathering in Punjab province in alleged violation of a Supreme Court order.
Munir Ahmad filed the civil miscellaneous application in the Lahore High Court yesterday in connection with his pending contempt of court petition against Zardari for holding the political office of co-chairman of the ruling Pakistan People's Party and conducting political activities in the presidency.
Ahmad contended that Zardari had violated a recent apex court order by addressing a political gathering at Mandi Bahauddin, 200 kilometres from Lahore, on Thursday in violation of a Supreme Court orders.
In an order issued in response to former air force chief Asghar Khan's petition against the rigging of the 1990 election at the behest of late President Ghulam Ishaq Khan,the apex court had said that the President was expected to be non-partisan and disengaged from all political affiliations.
Ahmad contended that after the Supreme Court's order in the Asghar Khan case, the President could not involve himself in political activities.
He said by addressing a political gathering organised by the PPP, Zardari had committed contempt of court. He requested the court to initiate contempt proceedings against Zardari for violating the apex court's order.
Ahmad's main contempt petition is fixed for hearing by a full bench of the Lahore High Court on November 21.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rumoured lovers Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma cannot stay away from each other
- Katie Price wants to sell breast implants to fan
- Rajinikanth first look in ‘Lingaa’
- We will never remake 'Awara': Randhir Kapoor
- Lindsay Lohan gets upset when asked about imprisonment
- Madonna's memorabilia collection to go on sale
- Aamir Khan's special for Sanjay Dutt
- Thunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan's Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1
- Amitabh's Jalsa turns star studded this Diwali
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country