- Sana Khan's photo shoot for V-DayApple to launch iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3Ten top best destinations to visit in USHottest Kissing Scenes Of Bollywood!Kareena excited about her look in 'Ki and Ka'Revealed: Why Parineeti Chopra wants to singKiss Day Wallpapers and Facebook imagesAishwarya visits Golden Temple for 'Sarabjit' shootingRiteish, Nargis team up for Eros' nextSushant-Kriti starrer 'Raabta' goes on floor
India produced a disappointing performance to lose to arch-rivals Pakistan 0-1 in a lacklu
Pakistan:Plea filed against Zardari for addressing rally Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 01:55:10 PM IST Pakistan:Plea filed against Zardari for addressing rally
A man has filed an application in a Pakistani court against President Asif Ali Zardari for addressing a political gathering in Punjab province in alleged violation of a Supreme Court order.
Munir Ahmad filed the civil miscellaneous application in the Lahore High Court yesterday in connection with his pending contempt of court petition against Zardari for holding the political office of co-chairman of the ruling Pakistan People's Party and conducting political activities in the presidency.
Ahmad contended that Zardari had violated a recent apex court order by addressing a political gathering at Mandi Bahauddin, 200 kilometres from Lahore, on Thursday in violation of a Supreme Court orders.
In an order issued in response to former air force chief Asghar Khan's petition against the rigging of the 1990 election at the behest of late President Ghulam Ishaq Khan,the apex court had said that the President was expected to be non-partisan and disengaged from all political affiliations.
Ahmad contended that after the Supreme Court's order in the Asghar Khan case, the President could not involve himself in political activities.
He said by addressing a political gathering organised by the PPP, Zardari had committed contempt of court. He requested the court to initiate contempt proceedings against Zardari for violating the apex court's order.
Ahmad's main contempt petition is fixed for hearing by a full bench of the Lahore High Court on November 21.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Sana Khan's photo shoot for Valentine's Day.
- Hottest Kissing Scenes Of Bollywood!
- Really! Priyanka Chopra might go to the moon for a new film?
- Kareena excited about her look in 'Ki and Ka'
- Revealed: Why Parineeti Chopra wants to sing
- Aishwarya visits Golden Temple for 'Sarabjit' shooting
- Bollywood goes gaga over 'Neerja'
- Riteish, Nargis team up for Eros' next
- Sushant-Kriti starrer 'Raabta' goes on floor
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Apple to launch iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 on March 15th.