- There is no replacement for Akshay Kumar: Anees BazmeeHappy with \'Phantom\' response, says SaifKangana is content being singleHot cover girls of September 2015Sonam is hot, says HrithikI have beautiful relationship with Akshay: John AbrahamSonam impressed by Hrithik\'s humilityParineeti's hot photoshoot for 'The Juice'It is Confirmed now that Rani Mukerji is pregnantNana Patekar\'s temper is justified: John Abraham
The Delhi High Court revoked the conferment of Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puraskar (RKPP) 20
Pakistan:Plea filed against Zardari for addressing rally Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 01:55:10 PM IST Pakistan:Plea filed against Zardari for addressing rally
A man has filed an application in a Pakistani court against President Asif Ali Zardari for addressing a political gathering in Punjab province in alleged violation of a Supreme Court order.
Munir Ahmad filed the civil miscellaneous application in the Lahore High Court yesterday in connection with his pending contempt of court petition against Zardari for holding the political office of co-chairman of the ruling Pakistan People's Party and conducting political activities in the presidency.
Ahmad contended that Zardari had violated a recent apex court order by addressing a political gathering at Mandi Bahauddin, 200 kilometres from Lahore, on Thursday in violation of a Supreme Court orders.
In an order issued in response to former air force chief Asghar Khan's petition against the rigging of the 1990 election at the behest of late President Ghulam Ishaq Khan,the apex court had said that the President was expected to be non-partisan and disengaged from all political affiliations.
Ahmad contended that after the Supreme Court's order in the Asghar Khan case, the President could not involve himself in political activities.
He said by addressing a political gathering organised by the PPP, Zardari had committed contempt of court. He requested the court to initiate contempt proceedings against Zardari for violating the apex court's order.
Ahmad's main contempt petition is fixed for hearing by a full bench of the Lahore High Court on November 21.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Nation on Saturday celebrate 'Janmashtami', the birth of Lord Krishna with full traditiona
- Aadesh's last rites to be held on Saturday
- Not worried about getting typecast: Tahir Bhasin
- Rishi celebrates birthday with Ranbir, Neetu
- Aadesh Shrivastava critical, doctors stop chemo
- 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2' trailer released: Watch now
- SRK reaches 15m fan following on Twitter
- Like to work with Sonam: Hrithik
- John doesn't blame Nana Patekar for short temper
Scientists have discovered that Roman-era Egyptian mummy portraits used the pigment Egypti
Lenovo starts smartphone manufacturing in India.