- Wear the right shoe for the right occasion!Aamir Khan, McKellen discuss Shakespeare at MAMI Film Club launchYes, Virat Kohli and Anushka are backSee Sofia Hayat before she became a nunMedia has dishonoured Iulia: SalmanAyutthaya: Once a flourishing temple citySushmita celebrates 22 years of her Miss Universe winKangana Ranaut attends VERO MODA store launch, unveils new lineHot picks in accessories section this summerTransform your look with different capes this season!
To ensure immediate recognition to the Olympic medallists, the Sports Ministry on Tuesday
Pakistan:Plea filed against Zardari for addressing rally Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 01:55:10 PM IST Pakistan:Plea filed against Zardari for addressing rally
A man has filed an application in a Pakistani court against President Asif Ali Zardari for addressing a political gathering in Punjab province in alleged violation of a Supreme Court order.
Munir Ahmad filed the civil miscellaneous application in the Lahore High Court yesterday in connection with his pending contempt of court petition against Zardari for holding the political office of co-chairman of the ruling Pakistan People's Party and conducting political activities in the presidency.
Ahmad contended that Zardari had violated a recent apex court order by addressing a political gathering at Mandi Bahauddin, 200 kilometres from Lahore, on Thursday in violation of a Supreme Court orders.
In an order issued in response to former air force chief Asghar Khan's petition against the rigging of the 1990 election at the behest of late President Ghulam Ishaq Khan,the apex court had said that the President was expected to be non-partisan and disengaged from all political affiliations.
Ahmad contended that after the Supreme Court's order in the Asghar Khan case, the President could not involve himself in political activities.
He said by addressing a political gathering organised by the PPP, Zardari had committed contempt of court. He requested the court to initiate contempt proceedings against Zardari for violating the apex court's order.
Ahmad's main contempt petition is fixed for hearing by a full bench of the Lahore High Court on November 21.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Salman Khan and Anushka Sharma's film Sultan trailer released on Tuesday.
- Aamir Khan, McKellen discuss Shakespeare at MAMI Film Club launch
- This is how Ranbir will seduce Aishwarya in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- Yes, Virat Kohli and Anushka are back
- See Sofia Hayat before she became a nun
- Media has dishonoured Iulia: Salman
- Sushmita celebrates 22 years of her Miss Universe win
- Kangana Ranaut attends VERO MODA store launch, unveils new line
- Ayushmann tries Chaplin-inspired look for 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'
While playing with your pooch at home helps evoke love and compassion in you, researchers
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
Video: Man showed private parts in bus beaten by women
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Coolpad on Friday launched a new smartphone that comes wit