- Revealed! Why Anushka-Virat fight over phoneSunny Leone dined, wined with 100Dimpy's heart still beats for RahulNo Bikinis in Miss World pageantAamir, Aish, Abhishek, Katrina attend Ranbir\'s PK success bashTen hot scenes of 2014Stars at Dino Morea's bashWill Katrina celebrate Christmas with Ranbir's family?Praneet Bhatt's journey in 'Bigg Boss 8'Cold continues in north India
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
Pakistan:Plea filed against Zardari for addressing rally Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 01:55:10 PM IST Pakistan:Plea filed against Zardari for addressing rally
A man has filed an application in a Pakistani court against President Asif Ali Zardari for addressing a political gathering in Punjab province in alleged violation of a Supreme Court order.
Munir Ahmad filed the civil miscellaneous application in the Lahore High Court yesterday in connection with his pending contempt of court petition against Zardari for holding the political office of co-chairman of the ruling Pakistan People's Party and conducting political activities in the presidency.
Ahmad contended that Zardari had violated a recent apex court order by addressing a political gathering at Mandi Bahauddin, 200 kilometres from Lahore, on Thursday in violation of a Supreme Court orders.
In an order issued in response to former air force chief Asghar Khan's petition against the rigging of the 1990 election at the behest of late President Ghulam Ishaq Khan,the apex court had said that the President was expected to be non-partisan and disengaged from all political affiliations.
Ahmad contended that after the Supreme Court's order in the Asghar Khan case, the President could not involve himself in political activities.
He said by addressing a political gathering organised by the PPP, Zardari had committed contempt of court. He requested the court to initiate contempt proceedings against Zardari for violating the apex court's order.
Ahmad's main contempt petition is fixed for hearing by a full bench of the Lahore High Court on November 21.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The makers of movie Dirty Politics have released the official trailer on You Tube.
- Watch Surveen's ‘Nichod De’ song from Ugly
- Revealed! Why Anushka-Virat fight over phone
- Sunny Leone dined, wined with 100
- Dimpy's heart still beats for Rahul
- 'Byomkesh Bakshi' gets a new spelling in Bollywood
- 'Dolly Ki...' will take Sonam's career to new heights: Arbaaz
- Aamir, Aish, Abhishek, Katrina attend Ranbir's PK success bash
- First motion poster of 'Detective Byomkesh Bakshi'
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
Homegrown handset maker Lava on Tuesday launched a new smartphone -- Iris Fuel 60 -- offer