- 'Craze for Dhoni biopic more than any sportsman-based film'Kuch Rang Pyar Ke couple is a hitUnseen photos of Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka SharmaTen reasons to watch M.S. Dhoni: An Untold StoryEnergy drinks may increase risk of drink drivingDon't want to do destructive roles: JohnLove is a feeling beyond your control: Ranbir KapoorWho is Salman Khan's duplicate?Get Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's make-up look this festive season!Sonakshi and John unveil the poster of 'Force 2', trailer to be released tonigh..
Abhishek Yadav's last minute goal gave India a 5-4 victory in their final game against hos
Pakistan:Plea filed against Zardari for addressing rally Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 01:55:10 PM IST Pakistan:Plea filed against Zardari for addressing rally
A man has filed an application in a Pakistani court against President Asif Ali Zardari for addressing a political gathering in Punjab province in alleged violation of a Supreme Court order.
Munir Ahmad filed the civil miscellaneous application in the Lahore High Court yesterday in connection with his pending contempt of court petition against Zardari for holding the political office of co-chairman of the ruling Pakistan People's Party and conducting political activities in the presidency.
Ahmad contended that Zardari had violated a recent apex court order by addressing a political gathering at Mandi Bahauddin, 200 kilometres from Lahore, on Thursday in violation of a Supreme Court orders.
In an order issued in response to former air force chief Asghar Khan's petition against the rigging of the 1990 election at the behest of late President Ghulam Ishaq Khan,the apex court had said that the President was expected to be non-partisan and disengaged from all political affiliations.
Ahmad contended that after the Supreme Court's order in the Asghar Khan case, the President could not involve himself in political activities.
He said by addressing a political gathering organised by the PPP, Zardari had committed contempt of court. He requested the court to initiate contempt proceedings against Zardari for violating the apex court's order.
Ahmad's main contempt petition is fixed for hearing by a full bench of the Lahore High Court on November 21.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
This biopic is far from inspirational. Nevertheless, it reveals the trials and tribulation
- Meet: Chef-cum-Poet Vikas Khanna
- Erica Fernades excited to dress as a bride
- 'Craze for Dhoni biopic more than any sportsman-based film'
- Are Pakistani artistes terrorists, asks Salman
- Harshvardhan very special to me: Saiyami Kher
- Not playing Pakistani journalist in 'Noor': Sonakshi Sinha
- Kuch Rang Pyar Ke couple is a hit
- Unseen photos of Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka Sharma
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
The Chinese internet and technology conglomerate LeEco is offering its disruptive smaret