- Nil Battey Sannata Review: Swara Bhaskar's Mother-Daughter story encourages!Decor tips to get your house summer readyMeet sexy babe Vaani KapoorSee some popular selfie poses, choose the one you likeFantastic Box Office Collection: 'The Jungle Book' debuts with over $100 mnOMG! Pratyusha was pregnantLook who gate crashed Bipasha's bachelorette partyWhy is Kangna not recording her statement: Hrithik's lawyersScariest character I have ever played: Shahid on 'Udta Punjab'Jabong launches international fashion brand Mexx in India
Vijender Singh registered the fifth consecutive win of his fledgling professional career
Pakistan:Plea filed against Zardari for addressing rally Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 01:55:10 PM IST Pakistan:Plea filed against Zardari for addressing rally
A man has filed an application in a Pakistani court against President Asif Ali Zardari for addressing a political gathering in Punjab province in alleged violation of a Supreme Court order.
Munir Ahmad filed the civil miscellaneous application in the Lahore High Court yesterday in connection with his pending contempt of court petition against Zardari for holding the political office of co-chairman of the ruling Pakistan People's Party and conducting political activities in the presidency.
Ahmad contended that Zardari had violated a recent apex court order by addressing a political gathering at Mandi Bahauddin, 200 kilometres from Lahore, on Thursday in violation of a Supreme Court orders.
In an order issued in response to former air force chief Asghar Khan's petition against the rigging of the 1990 election at the behest of late President Ghulam Ishaq Khan,the apex court had said that the President was expected to be non-partisan and disengaged from all political affiliations.
Ahmad contended that after the Supreme Court's order in the Asghar Khan case, the President could not involve himself in political activities.
He said by addressing a political gathering organised by the PPP, Zardari had committed contempt of court. He requested the court to initiate contempt proceedings against Zardari for violating the apex court's order.
Ahmad's main contempt petition is fixed for hearing by a full bench of the Lahore High Court on November 21.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Akshay Kumar has apologised to the fan, who was punched by his bodyguard at an event
- 'Baaghi': Sincere but lacklustre
- See Mohit Raina's merciless avatar in 'Ashoka'
- Bipasha Basu to marry Karan today
- Green corridor initiative is need of the hour
- Roberts doesn't 'always' enjoy
- look of Anushka Sharma in Sultan is a kick-ass look
- Bipasha looked like a fairy in her Mehndi ceremony
- Daughters are our continuity: Big B
Is it true that fashion affects the personality? but it has certain tendency to achieve so
Remember Freedom 251 from ringing bells at just Rs 251 which soon became an smartphone of