- Old foes MI, CSK to meet in IPL finalPamela to launch photo bookWhy Karan Johar's loss will be YRF's gain?No, Sunny Leone-Daniel Weber not kicked out of their house!Kim Kardashian fires back on criticsSee what fun the cast of Dil Dhadkne Do has at Comedy Nights with KapilVideo+PICS: Aguilera mocked on Miley, Britney, ShakiraTanu Weds Manu Returns is a must watch movie, and here are the reasonsWas Aishwarya Rai uncomfortable in this gown at Cannes 2015?Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing line
The trial in which Barcelona are accused of concealing how much they paid for the transfer
Pakistan:Plea filed against Zardari for addressing rally Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 01:55:10 PM IST Pakistan:Plea filed against Zardari for addressing rally
A man has filed an application in a Pakistani court against President Asif Ali Zardari for addressing a political gathering in Punjab province in alleged violation of a Supreme Court order.
Munir Ahmad filed the civil miscellaneous application in the Lahore High Court yesterday in connection with his pending contempt of court petition against Zardari for holding the political office of co-chairman of the ruling Pakistan People's Party and conducting political activities in the presidency.
Ahmad contended that Zardari had violated a recent apex court order by addressing a political gathering at Mandi Bahauddin, 200 kilometres from Lahore, on Thursday in violation of a Supreme Court orders.
In an order issued in response to former air force chief Asghar Khan's petition against the rigging of the 1990 election at the behest of late President Ghulam Ishaq Khan,the apex court had said that the President was expected to be non-partisan and disengaged from all political affiliations.
Ahmad contended that after the Supreme Court's order in the Asghar Khan case, the President could not involve himself in political activities.
He said by addressing a political gathering organised by the PPP, Zardari had committed contempt of court. He requested the court to initiate contempt proceedings against Zardari for violating the apex court's order.
Ahmad's main contempt petition is fixed for hearing by a full bench of the Lahore High Court on November 21.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Shabana Azmi has been smitten by her character in Chalk n Duster so much, that she`s been
- Look who is enjoying Laddoos with Shraddha
- PICS:Pamela to launch photo book
- Why Karan Johar's loss will be YRF's gain?
- No, Sunny Leone-Daniel Weber not kicked out of their house!
- SRK discharged from hospital after knee surgery
- PICS:Kim Kardashian fires back on critics
- See what fun the cast of Dil Dhadkne Do has at Comedy Nights with Kapil
- Video+PICS: Aguilera mocked on Miley, Britney, Shakira
An Indian-American home- schooled boy has surprised one and all by graduating from a US co
A Singapore-based mobile application company has entered into a partnership with Indian sm