- Dhanteras 2016 Wallpaper and Facebook imagesShivaay film reviewHow to become rich on DhanterasPics: How America elects its president ?Tips to dress your best this festive seasonYou look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says AnushkaDIY tips to light up your home for DiwaliMake a glitzy style statement on DiwaliWays to stay healthy during DiwaliManage diabetes and enjoy Diwali
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
Pakistan:Plea filed against Zardari for addressing rally Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 01:55:10 PM IST Pakistan:Plea filed against Zardari for addressing rally
A man has filed an application in a Pakistani court against President Asif Ali Zardari for addressing a political gathering in Punjab province in alleged violation of a Supreme Court order.
Munir Ahmad filed the civil miscellaneous application in the Lahore High Court yesterday in connection with his pending contempt of court petition against Zardari for holding the political office of co-chairman of the ruling Pakistan People's Party and conducting political activities in the presidency.
Ahmad contended that Zardari had violated a recent apex court order by addressing a political gathering at Mandi Bahauddin, 200 kilometres from Lahore, on Thursday in violation of a Supreme Court orders.
In an order issued in response to former air force chief Asghar Khan's petition against the rigging of the 1990 election at the behest of late President Ghulam Ishaq Khan,the apex court had said that the President was expected to be non-partisan and disengaged from all political affiliations.
Ahmad contended that after the Supreme Court's order in the Asghar Khan case, the President could not involve himself in political activities.
He said by addressing a political gathering organised by the PPP, Zardari had committed contempt of court. He requested the court to initiate contempt proceedings against Zardari for violating the apex court's order.
Ahmad's main contempt petition is fixed for hearing by a full bench of the Lahore High Court on November 21.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Filmmaker Karan Johar, who admits he has taken the botox way for his face, says that going
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' film review
- Deepika to celebrate Diwali with family
- Shivaay film review
- It's time to stand with our jawans: Amjad Ali Khan
- You look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says Anushka
- SRK lends support to beautifying Bandstand Promenade
- 'Kaabil' trailer preview
- Salman Khan's bodyguard booked for assault
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Domestic mobile manufacturer Zen mobiles on Friday launched a new smartphone Zen Cinemax 2