- Pics of Genelia D'Souza's advanced pregnancyMeet Sachin Tendulkar\'s Kerala BlastersLisa Hayden attends GQ awards in a see-through dressSonakshi Sinha walks the ramp for Tarun TahilianiSPOTTED: Kunal Kapoor with fiance Naina BachchanPICS: Obama hosts private dinner, Modi takes warm water onlyShraddha Kapoor\'s hot item number in UngliOMG! Soha will not marry for another five yearsBigg Boss 8: Gautam abused KarishmaWhy B-Wood has bad dress sense
Five-time major winner Maria Sharapova moved into the third round of the China Open with
Pakistan:Plea filed against Zardari for addressing rally Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 01:55:10 PM IST Pakistan:Plea filed against Zardari for addressing rally
A man has filed an application in a Pakistani court against President Asif Ali Zardari for addressing a political gathering in Punjab province in alleged violation of a Supreme Court order.
Munir Ahmad filed the civil miscellaneous application in the Lahore High Court yesterday in connection with his pending contempt of court petition against Zardari for holding the political office of co-chairman of the ruling Pakistan People's Party and conducting political activities in the presidency.
Ahmad contended that Zardari had violated a recent apex court order by addressing a political gathering at Mandi Bahauddin, 200 kilometres from Lahore, on Thursday in violation of a Supreme Court orders.
In an order issued in response to former air force chief Asghar Khan's petition against the rigging of the 1990 election at the behest of late President Ghulam Ishaq Khan,the apex court had said that the President was expected to be non-partisan and disengaged from all political affiliations.
Ahmad contended that after the Supreme Court's order in the Asghar Khan case, the President could not involve himself in political activities.
He said by addressing a political gathering organised by the PPP, Zardari had committed contempt of court. He requested the court to initiate contempt proceedings against Zardari for violating the apex court's order.
Ahmad's main contempt petition is fixed for hearing by a full bench of the Lahore High Court on November 21.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
From shooting in seven different locations across the globe to performing strenuous stunts
- Pics of Genelia D'Souza's advanced pregnancy
- Hrithik wants Salman to make painting with a message
- Lisa Hayden attends GQ awards in a see-through dress
- Sonakshi Sinha walks the ramp for Tarun Tahiliani
- SPOTTED: Kunal Kapoor with fiance Naina Bachchan
- Shraddha Kapoor's hot item number in Ungli
- 'Bang Bang' to hit more than 4500 screens
- OMG! Soha will not marry for another five years
A class 12th student, identified as Maqsood, was mauled by a white tiger at Delhi Zoo on T
BlackBerry on Monday launched its new smartphone BalckBerry Passport for Rs 49, 990 in Ind