- Atleast 81 died in recent floods across 4 statesMumbai costliest city for travellersBeyonce suffers wardrobe malfunctionAishwarya coming back after 5-yearsKangana walks ramp for designer Manav GangwaniChina's chicken, lamb kebabs in DelhiSee Richa in de-glamourised avatarAjay Devgn's Drishyam earns Rs 17 crore in 2 days
Sunita Williams will return to Earth on Sunday Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 09:22:29 AM IST File photo: Sunita Williams
Williams along with Aki Hoshide of the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency and Russian Soyuz Commander Yuri Malenchenko will return to earth on Sunday.
This exchange of command by Expedition Commander 33, Williams, who along with Malenchenko and Hoshide have lived on the space station since mid-July, heralds the beginning of Expedition 34.
"We have left the ship in good shape and am honoured to handed over to Kevin as we are going soon home and the ship is again in good hands," Williams said while handing over the command.
Ford, who has served as an Expedition 33 flight engineer since arriving at the station Oct 25, will become commander of Expedition 34 at the time the Soyuz TMA-05M carrying Williams, Hoshide and Malenchenko undocks from the station on Sunday at 5:26 pm EST for a landing in the steppe of Kazakhstan several hours later.
Their return will wrap up 127 days in space since their launch from Kazakhstan on July 15 last, including 125 days spent aboard the station.
Ford and his crewmates, Flight Engineers Oleg Novitskiy and Evgeny Tarelkin, will tend to the station as a three-man crew until the arrival of three additional Flight Engineers in December.
NASA astronaut Tom Marshburn, Canadian Space Agency astronaut Chris Hadfield, and Russian Federal Space Agency cosmonaut Roman Romanenko are scheduled to launch from the Baikonur Cosmodrome on Dec 19 and dock to the station two days later for a five-month stay.
Hadfield will become the first Canadian to command the station when Ford, Novitskiy and Tarelkin depart in March, marking the start of Expedition 35.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
For her youthful and fresh bridal collection, Rina Dhaka has invited newcomer Akshara Haas
- AIB now to spoof Bollywood party songs
- RGV criticised ban of porn websites
- Tom Cruise ready for sequel of 'Mission Impossible'
- Beyonce suffers wardrobe malfunction
- Aishwarya coming back after 5-years
- Kangana walks ramp for designer Manav Gangwani
- Ram Gopal Varma against porn ban
- See Richa in de-glamourised avatar
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that