- Top ten super hot girls of 2014Nargis Fakhri romancing India with selfieIndia launches its biggest rocketPICS: Prasoon Joshi pens poem on Peshawar massacreMeet Mr Praveen Mast the real 'PK'Leone calls Salman her godfatherThe Lunchbox named best film in TorontoHow Malala Yousafzai was sot dead:See in picsShocking pictures of Peshawar school attackFarha to replace Salman in 'Bigg Boss 8'
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
Malaysia, Egypt call for help to end Gaza-Israel conflict Last Updated : 17 Nov 2012 01:25:51 PM IST Malaysia, Egypt call for help to end Gaza-Israel conflict
Malaysia and Egypt have agreed to ask "international power brokers" to help stop escalating violence in the Middle East, the Muslim-majority Southeast Asian country said.
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said in a statement from his office that Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi called him last night to discuss the latest Israeli air strikes on Hamas-controlled Gaza.
"Both countries agreed to ask international power brokers to influence Israel to stop its military aggression towards the Palestinian people," said the statement issued after the 15-minute call.
"They also urged Hamas to refrain from action that will escalate the conflict into a bigger confrontation," it added.Najib also said Malaysia was "deeply concerned" over the crisis and was ready to help "in any way possible".
"The events once more underline the need for a Middle East peace process, and we call on international power brokers to
step in to help ensure enduring peace in the region," he said in the statement.
Najib will also use a summit of Southeast Asian leaders next week in Phnom Penh to call for international support of the Palestinians' bid to become an observer state in the United Nations.
US President Barack Obama is also attending the meeting.An aide to Najib confirmed that the prime minister would discuss the issue at the summit. Malaysia has long been a staunch supporter of the Palestinians' aspirations of statehood.
Yesterday, more than 100 people demonstrated outside the US embassy in the capital Kuala Lumpur against the "incessant
Israeli attack" on Gaza, urging the US to stop "one-sided support for Israel and be an honest broker".
Dozens of people have died in two days of violence.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
These ten girls made their Bollywood debuts in 2014.
- Nargis Fakhri romancing India with selfie
- Meet Mr Praveen Mast the real 'PK'
- Leone calls Salman her godfather
- PICS: Toronto Film Critics name The Lunchbox as best film
- I am ready for performance-oriented films: Sonakshi Sinha
- Big B is the king of Twitter: report
- Farha to replace Salman in 'Bigg Boss 8'
- Exclusive coffee table book for 'Kick' fans
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
Homegrown handset maker Lava on Tuesday launched a new smartphone -- Iris Fuel 60 -- offer