- Lisa Haydon suffering from dengueWhat next for Shweta Basu after caught in a sex racketReview in pics: Super NaniAamir Khan in Bigg Boss 8Shah Rukh\' Khan\'s fans beaten by police in KanpurHrithik Roshan avoids meeting SussanneSonakdhi Sinha and Arjun Kappor are in love!Aishwarya and Deepika pose for a selfieDeepika Padukone now all set to romance Salman KhanWhy Yo Yo Honey Singh will be out of action for two months
Roger Federer kept up his hopes of finishing the year as world number one when he downed
Malaysia, Egypt call for help to end Gaza-Israel conflict Last Updated : 17 Nov 2012 01:25:51 PM IST Malaysia, Egypt call for help to end Gaza-Israel conflict
Malaysia and Egypt have agreed to ask "international power brokers" to help stop escalating violence in the Middle East, the Muslim-majority Southeast Asian country said.
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said in a statement from his office that Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi called him last night to discuss the latest Israeli air strikes on Hamas-controlled Gaza.
"Both countries agreed to ask international power brokers to influence Israel to stop its military aggression towards the Palestinian people," said the statement issued after the 15-minute call.
"They also urged Hamas to refrain from action that will escalate the conflict into a bigger confrontation," it added.Najib also said Malaysia was "deeply concerned" over the crisis and was ready to help "in any way possible".
"The events once more underline the need for a Middle East peace process, and we call on international power brokers to
step in to help ensure enduring peace in the region," he said in the statement.
Najib will also use a summit of Southeast Asian leaders next week in Phnom Penh to call for international support of the Palestinians' bid to become an observer state in the United Nations.
US President Barack Obama is also attending the meeting.An aide to Najib confirmed that the prime minister would discuss the issue at the summit. Malaysia has long been a staunch supporter of the Palestinians' aspirations of statehood.
Yesterday, more than 100 people demonstrated outside the US embassy in the capital Kuala Lumpur against the "incessant
Israeli attack" on Gaza, urging the US to stop "one-sided support for Israel and be an honest broker".
Dozens of people have died in two days of violence.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
'The Shaukeens' leading lady Lisa Haydon is down with dengue and skipped the film's promot
- Paltrow praised estranged husband
- What next for Shweta Basu after caught in a sex racket
- When Deepika Padukone dated Upen Patel
- Rang Rasiya’ lauds freedom of expression: Mehta
- Akshay Kumar rocks in 'Ishq Kutta Hai'
- Dev Patel to star with Nicole Kidman in 'Lion'
- Shah Rukh Khan's Happy New Year surpasses 200 Crore Mark Worldwide
- Review in pics: Super Nani
It is always a subject of debate whether Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) does exist or n
Handset maker Lava Friday launched a new series of Iris smartphones under the 'Fuel' brand