- Sunny Leone to romance Arbaaz Khan in 'Tera Intezaar'Shruti Haasan set for 'Sabaash Naidu' shootSeen great highs, lows and still soldiered onSachin launches clothing brand, Riteish walks the ramp for itGet picture-perfect smile with these simple tips!How can men get rid of pimplesKaran-Bipasha open to working togetherPoster of Vidya Balan's first Marathi film outTom Hiddleston in 'advanced talks' for 25th Bond movieMahesh Babu takes 'full responsibility' for 'Brahmotsavam' failure
India's tennis stars Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna stormed into the quarter-finals of the
Malaysia, Egypt call for help to end Gaza-Israel conflict Last Updated : 17 Nov 2012 01:25:51 PM IST Malaysia, Egypt call for help to end Gaza-Israel conflict
Malaysia and Egypt have agreed to ask "international power brokers" to help stop escalating violence in the Middle East, the Muslim-majority Southeast Asian country said.
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said in a statement from his office that Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi called him last night to discuss the latest Israeli air strikes on Hamas-controlled Gaza.
"Both countries agreed to ask international power brokers to influence Israel to stop its military aggression towards the Palestinian people," said the statement issued after the 15-minute call.
"They also urged Hamas to refrain from action that will escalate the conflict into a bigger confrontation," it added.Najib also said Malaysia was "deeply concerned" over the crisis and was ready to help "in any way possible".
"The events once more underline the need for a Middle East peace process, and we call on international power brokers to
step in to help ensure enduring peace in the region," he said in the statement.
Najib will also use a summit of Southeast Asian leaders next week in Phnom Penh to call for international support of the Palestinians' bid to become an observer state in the United Nations.
US President Barack Obama is also attending the meeting.An aide to Najib confirmed that the prime minister would discuss the issue at the summit. Malaysia has long been a staunch supporter of the Palestinians' aspirations of statehood.
Yesterday, more than 100 people demonstrated outside the US embassy in the capital Kuala Lumpur against the "incessant
Israeli attack" on Gaza, urging the US to stop "one-sided support for Israel and be an honest broker".
Dozens of people have died in two days of violence.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The makers of 'Banjo', starring Riteish Deshmukh and NargisFakhri have released the first
- Aamir praises Kannada film 'Thithi'
- SC rejects plea to cancel Pratyusha's boyfriend's bail
- WATCH: AIB's Lata-Sachin video sparks outrage
- Varun Dhawan unveils 'Dishoom' poster
- Sunny Leone to romance Arbaaz Khan in 'Tera Intezaar'
- Italian actor Giorgio Albertazzi dies.
- Riteish fulfills Madhuri's wish on TV show
- Karlie Kloss uses teaspoon to curl her eyelashes
The number of people in Britain who have tried e-cigarettes has almost doubled in just two
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
In a bid to heat up the premium flagship smartphone segment, Taiwan-based company HTC on T