- Maruti to launch Ciaz, mini SUV soonStop erickshaws, HC tells Delhi govtList of forthcoming action moviesMeet Yuvraj\'s new lady loveOctopus has egg-brooding periodWhy are Salman's Muslim fans upset with him?Humaima goes bold in Raja Natwarlal, view picsMumtaz was in love with Shammi KapoorHottest star at CWG 2014Awesome Jacques Kallis retires
Rafael Nadal's announcement that he will miss key US Open warm-up events at Toronto and C
Malaysia, Egypt call for help to end Gaza-Israel conflict Last Updated : 17 Nov 2012 01:25:51 PM IST Malaysia, Egypt call for help to end Gaza-Israel conflict
Malaysia and Egypt have agreed to ask "international power brokers" to help stop escalating violence in the Middle East, the Muslim-majority Southeast Asian country said.
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said in a statement from his office that Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi called him last night to discuss the latest Israeli air strikes on Hamas-controlled Gaza.
"Both countries agreed to ask international power brokers to influence Israel to stop its military aggression towards the Palestinian people," said the statement issued after the 15-minute call.
"They also urged Hamas to refrain from action that will escalate the conflict into a bigger confrontation," it added.Najib also said Malaysia was "deeply concerned" over the crisis and was ready to help "in any way possible".
"The events once more underline the need for a Middle East peace process, and we call on international power brokers to
step in to help ensure enduring peace in the region," he said in the statement.
Najib will also use a summit of Southeast Asian leaders next week in Phnom Penh to call for international support of the Palestinians' bid to become an observer state in the United Nations.
US President Barack Obama is also attending the meeting.An aide to Najib confirmed that the prime minister would discuss the issue at the summit. Malaysia has long been a staunch supporter of the Palestinians' aspirations of statehood.
Yesterday, more than 100 people demonstrated outside the US embassy in the capital Kuala Lumpur against the "incessant
Israeli attack" on Gaza, urging the US to stop "one-sided support for Israel and be an honest broker".
Dozens of people have died in two days of violence.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
As we all know, a celebrity has a jet-setting lifestyle. Bollywood stars often travel out
- Deepika Padukone and Shah Rukh Khan go on a world tour
- SOTY stars still best buds in B-town
- Twinkle Khanna twinkles on Vogue cover, view pic
- Model rape case: Poonam Pandey behind the crime?
- When Nauheed shows off all in transparent blouse
- List of forthcoming action movies
- Meet Yuvraj's new lady love
- KBC 8: Kapil Sharma to appear as guest in 1st episode
A naked man was walked on leash with something stuffed inside his anus
Tech giant Apple has reduced the price of its 13-inch non-Retina MacBook Pro by Rs 11,000.