- Bollywood beauties with mothers in lawSee what Deepika doing on Ranveer's birthdayPankaj Udhas launched new albumJaved Akthar's family together in movie 'Chalk N Duster'Unknown facts about Ranveer Singh'Muslims trying to forcefully capture and rule India'First look of Kareena's item number in 'Brother'Shahid-Mira's 'shaadi' updatesIndia wins IBFF World ChampionshipSunny Leone enjoys 'After Party Night'
Chris Ciriello sent a low drag-flick into the right corner of the goal in the dying second
Malaysia, Egypt call for help to end Gaza-Israel conflict Last Updated : 17 Nov 2012 01:25:51 PM IST Malaysia, Egypt call for help to end Gaza-Israel conflict
Malaysia and Egypt have agreed to ask "international power brokers" to help stop escalating violence in the Middle East, the Muslim-majority Southeast Asian country said.
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said in a statement from his office that Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi called him last night to discuss the latest Israeli air strikes on Hamas-controlled Gaza.
"Both countries agreed to ask international power brokers to influence Israel to stop its military aggression towards the Palestinian people," said the statement issued after the 15-minute call.
"They also urged Hamas to refrain from action that will escalate the conflict into a bigger confrontation," it added.Najib also said Malaysia was "deeply concerned" over the crisis and was ready to help "in any way possible".
"The events once more underline the need for a Middle East peace process, and we call on international power brokers to
step in to help ensure enduring peace in the region," he said in the statement.
Najib will also use a summit of Southeast Asian leaders next week in Phnom Penh to call for international support of the Palestinians' bid to become an observer state in the United Nations.
US President Barack Obama is also attending the meeting.An aide to Najib confirmed that the prime minister would discuss the issue at the summit. Malaysia has long been a staunch supporter of the Palestinians' aspirations of statehood.
Yesterday, more than 100 people demonstrated outside the US embassy in the capital Kuala Lumpur against the "incessant
Israeli attack" on Gaza, urging the US to stop "one-sided support for Israel and be an honest broker".
Dozens of people have died in two days of violence.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
See Aishwarya, Kajol, Kareena and Kiran Rao with their moms in law.
- See what Deepika doing on Ranveer's birthday
- Pankaj Udhas launched new album
- Javed Akthar's family together in movie 'Chalk N Duster'
- Unknown facts about Ranveer Singh
- First look of Kareena's item number in 'Brother'
- Shahid-Mira's 'shaadi' updates
- First poster of 'Welcome Back' reveals
- Sunny Leone enjoys 'After Party Night'
Mice that are exposed to the powerful smell of cat urine early in life do not avoid the sa
Xiaomi the smartphone giant which offers great features at less prices has yet made anothe