- LFW 2014: Sushsets the ramp on fire, view picsRare pics of Rajiv GandhiWhy are Salman Khan and Ajay Devgn giving bribes?Fans wowed to see Deepika in a wedding outfitAlia Bhatt’s onscreen lip locks, view picsRanbir dispels 5 rumors about KatinaKareena restyles her wax statuePower of Rohit ShettyPICS: Yoga guru BKS Iyengar deadAjay Devgn's top performances
Top-ranked Novak Djokovic is seeded No. 1 for the US Open, and five-time champion Roger F
Malaysia, Egypt call for help to end Gaza-Israel conflict Last Updated : 17 Nov 2012 01:25:51 PM IST Malaysia, Egypt call for help to end Gaza-Israel conflict
Malaysia and Egypt have agreed to ask "international power brokers" to help stop escalating violence in the Middle East, the Muslim-majority Southeast Asian country said.
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said in a statement from his office that Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi called him last night to discuss the latest Israeli air strikes on Hamas-controlled Gaza.
"Both countries agreed to ask international power brokers to influence Israel to stop its military aggression towards the Palestinian people," said the statement issued after the 15-minute call.
"They also urged Hamas to refrain from action that will escalate the conflict into a bigger confrontation," it added.Najib also said Malaysia was "deeply concerned" over the crisis and was ready to help "in any way possible".
"The events once more underline the need for a Middle East peace process, and we call on international power brokers to
step in to help ensure enduring peace in the region," he said in the statement.
Najib will also use a summit of Southeast Asian leaders next week in Phnom Penh to call for international support of the Palestinians' bid to become an observer state in the United Nations.
US President Barack Obama is also attending the meeting.An aide to Najib confirmed that the prime minister would discuss the issue at the summit. Malaysia has long been a staunch supporter of the Palestinians' aspirations of statehood.
Yesterday, more than 100 people demonstrated outside the US embassy in the capital Kuala Lumpur against the "incessant
Israeli attack" on Gaza, urging the US to stop "one-sided support for Israel and be an honest broker".
Dozens of people have died in two days of violence.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The sequel for Kick will have Ravi Teja in the lead role.The success of Salman Khan starer
- LFW 2014: Sushsets the ramp on fire, view pics
- KBC season 8:Big B narrates story of a girl rescued from traffickers
- I am married: Ranbir Kapoor confirms
- Why are Salman Khan and Ajay Devgn giving bribes?
- ‘Singham Returns’ enters Rs 100 crore-club
- Aamir Khan takes inspiration from Paresh Rawal
- Ranveer and Deepika get married!
- Fans wowed to see Deepika in a wedding outfit
It is super wired, shocking and unnatural but it is true. A donkey in Saudi avoided rape a
Buyers are always on the lookout for the cheap and best and here are the best budget smart