- These stars were threatened by underworldBig B visits Lalbagh cha Raja with Aishwarya, AbhishekSushmita Sen's fab body secretsDiana\'s 10 million pound gift to Prince HarryRanbir Kapoor's new passionShah Rukh Khan seeks privacy for AbRamAnushka Sharma romances Sidharth MalhotraHrithik celebrates Ganesh VisarjanB-Town spares Katrina because of SalmanWhat did Deepika posts on Ranbir's account
Liverpool's speedy attacking unit produced a 3-0 victory at Tottenham though Mario Balote
Malaysia, Egypt call for help to end Gaza-Israel conflict Last Updated : 17 Nov 2012 01:25:51 PM IST Malaysia, Egypt call for help to end Gaza-Israel conflict
Malaysia and Egypt have agreed to ask "international power brokers" to help stop escalating violence in the Middle East, the Muslim-majority Southeast Asian country said.
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said in a statement from his office that Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi called him last night to discuss the latest Israeli air strikes on Hamas-controlled Gaza.
"Both countries agreed to ask international power brokers to influence Israel to stop its military aggression towards the Palestinian people," said the statement issued after the 15-minute call.
"They also urged Hamas to refrain from action that will escalate the conflict into a bigger confrontation," it added.Najib also said Malaysia was "deeply concerned" over the crisis and was ready to help "in any way possible".
"The events once more underline the need for a Middle East peace process, and we call on international power brokers to
step in to help ensure enduring peace in the region," he said in the statement.
Najib will also use a summit of Southeast Asian leaders next week in Phnom Penh to call for international support of the Palestinians' bid to become an observer state in the United Nations.
US President Barack Obama is also attending the meeting.An aide to Najib confirmed that the prime minister would discuss the issue at the summit. Malaysia has long been a staunch supporter of the Palestinians' aspirations of statehood.
Yesterday, more than 100 people demonstrated outside the US embassy in the capital Kuala Lumpur against the "incessant
Israeli attack" on Gaza, urging the US to stop "one-sided support for Israel and be an honest broker".
Dozens of people have died in two days of violence.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rocker Bruce Springsteen is all set to publish an illustrated cowboy story for youngsters
- Ameesha Patel bids adieu to Ganesha
- These stars were threatened by underworld
- Big B visits Lalbagh cha Raja with Aishwarya, Abhishek
- After threat, Boman Irani gets police protection
- Unwell Amitabh Bachchan cancels film shoot
- Sushmita Sen's fab body secrets
- 'Mary Kom' goes tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Ranbir Kapoor's new passion
A five year old boy found that his mother is pregnant, his reaction was What ..What were
With rumors of an imminent launch early next month, let's show you how the iPhone 6 will l