- Shraddha, Sushant walks for at Malhotra at LFWBhavna Bhavnani abuses Salman Khan to sell her bookDeepika Padukone among worl'd richest actresses nowSakshi Malik will be Beti Bachao Beti Padhao brand ambassador in HaryanaRustom Girl Ileana D'Cruz's monsoon skin ritualFirst Look: Shah Rukh shooting for The Ring'Half Girlfriend' team finishes Cape Town scheduleSedition case filed against actor Ramya for Pakistan is not hell remarkAryan Khan flaunts abs at college partyWon't camouflage baby bump on screen: Kareena
Northern Ireland on Wednesday announced a 23-member football squad for the World Cup quali
Malaysia, Egypt call for help to end Gaza-Israel conflict Last Updated : 17 Nov 2012 01:25:51 PM IST Malaysia, Egypt call for help to end Gaza-Israel conflict
Malaysia and Egypt have agreed to ask "international power brokers" to help stop escalating violence in the Middle East, the Muslim-majority Southeast Asian country said.
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said in a statement from his office that Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi called him last night to discuss the latest Israeli air strikes on Hamas-controlled Gaza.
"Both countries agreed to ask international power brokers to influence Israel to stop its military aggression towards the Palestinian people," said the statement issued after the 15-minute call.
"They also urged Hamas to refrain from action that will escalate the conflict into a bigger confrontation," it added.Najib also said Malaysia was "deeply concerned" over the crisis and was ready to help "in any way possible".
"The events once more underline the need for a Middle East peace process, and we call on international power brokers to
step in to help ensure enduring peace in the region," he said in the statement.
Najib will also use a summit of Southeast Asian leaders next week in Phnom Penh to call for international support of the Palestinians' bid to become an observer state in the United Nations.
US President Barack Obama is also attending the meeting.An aide to Najib confirmed that the prime minister would discuss the issue at the summit. Malaysia has long been a staunch supporter of the Palestinians' aspirations of statehood.
Yesterday, more than 100 people demonstrated outside the US embassy in the capital Kuala Lumpur against the "incessant
Israeli attack" on Gaza, urging the US to stop "one-sided support for Israel and be an honest broker".
Dozens of people have died in two days of violence.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Academy Award-winning actor Christoph Waltz is in talks to star in filmmaker James Cameron
- Atif Aslam won't perform in Gurgaon
- B-town stars greet fans on Janmashtami
- Ariana Grande sued for copyright infringement
- Shraddha, Sushant walks for at Malhotra at LFW
- Britney Spears biopic coming to TV soon
- Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami
- 'Remo' director to reunite with film's makers
- Bhavna Bhavnani abuses Salman Khan to sell her book
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
If you are in awe of those early morning queues outside Apple Stores globally, hang on. Fr