- Daisy wants to explore moreHathaway flaunts baby bumpsSonam sends love to Fawad on birthdayPriyanka accepts defeat from Dilwale at Box officeRanveer says Priyanka better than DeepikaSRK did not want to use word 'Gerua'PM Modi Mobbed by Media for 'Selfie''Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleastUnknown facts about Yami Gautam
Badminton Association of India (BAI) announced a cash award of Rs 10 lakh for PV Sindhu in
Paula Broadwell: The lady behind David Petraeus's resignation Last Updated : 11 Nov 2012 08:49:15 AM IST Paula Broadwell: The lady behind David Petraeus's resignation
Paula Broadwell, the author of David Petraeus' biography, had an affair with the former CIA director that led to his abrupt resignation on Friday
Paula Broadwell, a Harvard researcher who co-wrote a biography of David Petraeus, is the woman with whom the retired four-star general had an affair while in Afghanistan .He admitted it was unacceptable behaviour.
At FBI headquarters, spokesman Paul Bresson declined to comment on the information that the affair had been discovered in the course of an investigation by the bureau.
Broadwell co-authored "All In: The Education of General David Petraeus," which was released in earlier this year. According to her website, she was embedded with the general in Afghanistan from July 2010 to July 2011 and was "afforded extensive access by General Petraeus, his mentors, his subordinates, and his longtime friends she was taping many of her interviews for her book in the Afghan capital.
Her biography on the Penguin Speakers Bureau Web site says that she is a research associate at Harvard’s Center for Public Leadership and a Ph.D. candidate in the Department of War Studies at King’s College London. She received a master’s in public administration from Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government.
In army an extramarital affair is considered to be the possible grounds for court-martial as because of the breach of security and an intelligence threat.
It was revealed after an F.B.I. investigation uncovered evidence that he had been involved in an extramarital affair. F.B.I. was investigating a “potential criminal matter” an unrelated and much broader case before stumbling on the affair and during the course of their inquiry into whether a computer used by Petraeus had been compromised, the name of biographer Paula Broadwell came up ,FBI followed that lead and in doing so discovered evidence of the relationship as well as other security concerns.
FBI is conducting an ongoing investigation into Broadwell to see whether she had improper access to Petraeus' emails and may have seen classified information.
Director Petraeus is an individual who has devoted nearly 40 years of service to his country, rising through the ranks to become a distinguished four-star general and commander of American forces in Iraq and AfghanistanSource:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Daisy Shah trying to go beyond expectations.
- Hathaway flaunts baby bumps
- Sonam sends love to Fawad on birthday
- Priyanka accepts defeat from Dilwale at Box office
- Ranveer says Priyanka better than Deepika
- SRK did not want to use word 'Gerua'
- Not interested in awards: 'Baahubali' director
- 'Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1
- Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleast
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl