- Priyanka don't consider herself as starTaylor Swift youngest on ForbesRevealed! Why Rekha walked out of Fitoor?Want to see Salman Khan's Bajrangi Bhaijaan's trailer? Strictly for fansKangana Ranaut\'s next film is Rangoon with Shahid Kapoor and Saif Ali KhanSee First Look posters of major Bollywood summer releasesRiteish reveals the first look of his son RiaanBombay High Court allowed Salman to travel to Dubai
Paula Broadwell: The lady behind David Petraeus's resignation Last Updated : 11 Nov 2012 08:49:15 AM IST Paula Broadwell: The lady behind David Petraeus's resignation
Paula Broadwell, the author of David Petraeus' biography, had an affair with the former CIA director that led to his abrupt resignation on Friday
Paula Broadwell, a Harvard researcher who co-wrote a biography of David Petraeus, is the woman with whom the retired four-star general had an affair while in Afghanistan .He admitted it was unacceptable behaviour.
At FBI headquarters, spokesman Paul Bresson declined to comment on the information that the affair had been discovered in the course of an investigation by the bureau.
Broadwell co-authored "All In: The Education of General David Petraeus," which was released in earlier this year. According to her website, she was embedded with the general in Afghanistan from July 2010 to July 2011 and was "afforded extensive access by General Petraeus, his mentors, his subordinates, and his longtime friends she was taping many of her interviews for her book in the Afghan capital.
Her biography on the Penguin Speakers Bureau Web site says that she is a research associate at Harvard’s Center for Public Leadership and a Ph.D. candidate in the Department of War Studies at King’s College London. She received a master’s in public administration from Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government.
In army an extramarital affair is considered to be the possible grounds for court-martial as because of the breach of security and an intelligence threat.
It was revealed after an F.B.I. investigation uncovered evidence that he had been involved in an extramarital affair. F.B.I. was investigating a “potential criminal matter” an unrelated and much broader case before stumbling on the affair and during the course of their inquiry into whether a computer used by Petraeus had been compromised, the name of biographer Paula Broadwell came up ,FBI followed that lead and in doing so discovered evidence of the relationship as well as other security concerns.
FBI is conducting an ongoing investigation into Broadwell to see whether she had improper access to Petraeus' emails and may have seen classified information.
Director Petraeus is an individual who has devoted nearly 40 years of service to his country, rising through the ranks to become a distinguished four-star general and commander of American forces in Iraq and Afghanistan
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Priyanka Chopra does not consider herself as star.
- Taylor Swift youngest on Forbes
- So these lucky fans can see Salman's Bajrangi Bhaijaan's trailer
- Revealed! Why Rekha walked out of Fitoor?
- Want to see Salman Khan's Bajrangi Bhaijaan's trailer? Strictly for fans
- Kangana Ranaut's next film is Rangoon with Shahid Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan
- See First Look posters of major Bollywood summer releases
- Sexism is an issue in entertainment industry: Debby Ryan
- Riteish reveals the first look of his son Riaan
Saudi Arabia is planning to build the world's largest hotel with 10,000 rooms at a whoppin
Government is setting up a centre that will detect malicious programmes like 'botnets' and