- Know all about Yuvraj-Hazel December weddingSmall screen celebrities who were fired from their jobsDid you find SRK in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil''Banjo': tedious, but braveMovie review 'Parched'These Bollywood films get affected by MNS diktatIncomplete Bollywood love storiesBollywood Biopics, saluting sports spiritExplore spiritual getaways in IndiaLagaan... based ride finds place at Dubai theme park
As many as 55 teams from all over the country will take part in the U-16 youth football le
Obama calls dozen world leaders including Indian PM Last Updated : 09 Nov 2012 11:52:25 AM IST file photo: Barack Obama
US President Barack Obama has called more than a dozen key world leaders including the Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to thank them on their congratulatory messages on his re-election and assured them of addressing the serious challenges being faced by the world today.
"Since Tuesday evening, the President has been receiving messages from his counterparts around the world congratulating him on winning re-election to a second term in office. The President appreciates all of these messages and looks forward to continuing to work with all of his fellow leaders to address the serious challenges we face together in the world," the White House said in a statement.
"This morning the President was able to return some of these messages personally, by phone. In each call, he thanked his counterpart for their friendship and partnership thus far and expressed his desire to continue close cooperation moving ahead," the White House said.
Among the world leaders he spoke to over phone were Prime Minister Julia Gillard of Australia, President Dilma Rousseff of Brazil, Prime Minister Stephen Harper of Canada, President Juan Manuel Santos of Colombia, President Mohammed Morsi of Egypt, President Francois Hollande of France, Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of India, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel, NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen, King Abdullah bin Abd al-Aziz of Saudi Arabia, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey and Prime Minister David Cameron of the United Kingdom.
The White House released the names of the world leaders in the alphabetical order of their countries. However it did not mention to whom Obama made the first telephone call.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Adah Sharma says that she doesn't believe in restricting her style to certain thin
- Kangana an inspiration to many: Tamannaah
- Zindagi channel might ban all Pakistani TV shows
- Asha Parekh's one birthday wish
- Iulia safe, reason for Salman's happiness is revealed
- Priyanka Chopra inspires Disha Patani
- Know all about Yuvraj-Hazel December wedding
- Dhanush to play cameo in his directorial debut
- Karanvir Bohra shares his wife baby bump photo
A human skeleton found during the ongoing excavation of the famous Antikythera Shipwreck -
Domestic app-based marketplace Zopper on Friday announced the pre-booking of Apple iPhone