- Cadbury India changes nameB'wood yesteryears' lip-locksPin-up girls of BollywoodSexy Saiyami to romance Anil Kapoor\'s son HarshvardhanPICS : Preity Zinta\'s IPL moodsMeet Salman's sis' new boyfriend AayushPICS:Alia-Arjun make a sexy couplePICS: Anil Kapoor\'s son HarshvardhanPICS : B'Town stars sans make-upB'day: When controversial Mamata Kulkarni went topless
A clean-sweep for Mercedes including a Lewis Hamilton hat-trick has left the rest of Form
Obama calls dozen world leaders including Indian PM Last Updated : 09 Nov 2012 11:52:25 AM IST file photo: Barack Obama
US President Barack Obama has called more than a dozen key world leaders including the Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to thank them on their congratulatory messages on his re-election and assured them of addressing the serious challenges being faced by the world today.
"Since Tuesday evening, the President has been receiving messages from his counterparts around the world congratulating him on winning re-election to a second term in office. The President appreciates all of these messages and looks forward to continuing to work with all of his fellow leaders to address the serious challenges we face together in the world," the White House said in a statement.
"This morning the President was able to return some of these messages personally, by phone. In each call, he thanked his counterpart for their friendship and partnership thus far and expressed his desire to continue close cooperation moving ahead," the White House said.
Among the world leaders he spoke to over phone were Prime Minister Julia Gillard of Australia, President Dilma Rousseff of Brazil, Prime Minister Stephen Harper of Canada, President Juan Manuel Santos of Colombia, President Mohammed Morsi of Egypt, President Francois Hollande of France, Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of India, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel, NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen, King Abdullah bin Abd al-Aziz of Saudi Arabia, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey and Prime Minister David Cameron of the United Kingdom.
The White House released the names of the world leaders in the alphabetical order of their countries. However it did not mention to whom Obama made the first telephone call.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Arjun Kapoor and Alia Bhatt starrer movie ‘2 States’ has amassed Rs 38 crore in the fi
- PICS : Bollywood lip-locks of yesteryears
- Pin-up girls of Bollywood
- Sexy Saiyami to romance Anil Kapoor's son Harshvardhan
- Asha Bhosle is Kangana’s lucky charm!
- Meet Arpita's new boyfriend Aayush
- Kangana is the best choice for 'Revolver Rani': Kabir
- My parents are critical of my work: Alia
- Ranveer turns rapper for Durex
The new craze sweeping around the globe is naked yoga in the latest of fitness trends this
No doubt the demand for smartphones is growing in India but price remains a major factor.