- 'Baaghi': Sincere but lacklustreSee Mohit Raina's merciless avatar in 'Ashoka'Bipasha Basu to marry Karan todayRonaldo could be sidelinedRichards knocks ICC for criticism of West IndiesDaughters are our continuity: Big BThings to keep in mind for laser hair reductionI can't live for awards: Kalki KoechlinWant to breathe clean air? Travel to Himachal's Kinnaur districtMovie Review Baaghi
Vijender Singh registered the fifth consecutive win of his fledgling professional career
Ahmadinejad hits out at 'capitalist' US elections Last Updated : 08 Nov 2012 01:00:38 PM IST Ahmadinejad hits out at 'capitalist' US elections
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Thursday labelled elections in the US as a "battleground for the capitalists" following Barack Obama's re-election as president.
An estimated USD 6 billion was spent in US federal races, making the 2012 general election the most expensive poll in American history, experts said.
Speaking on the opening day of the Bali Democracy Forum, a day after Obama was elected for a second term, Ahmadinejad said: "Just take a look at the situation in Europe and the US. "An election, which is one of the manifestations of the people's will, has become a battleground for the capitalists,and an excuse for hefty spending."
Ahmadinejad, who did not comment directly on Obama's re-election, also criticised "countries who claim to be the forerunners of democracy"."Slavery, colonialism and rights abuses continue to be imposed on human beings," he said.
Ahmadinejad, re-elected Iranian president in 2009 in a vote marred by allegations of fraud, is attending the Bali Democracy Forum for the first time.But critics have said that Tehran will use the meeting,which is being held for the fifth time, to try and end its growing isolation as sanctions over its nuclear programme bite.
A host of world leaders including Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard and Afghan President Hamid Karzai are also attending the forum.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Akshay Kumar has apologised to the fan, who was punched by his bodyguard at an event
- 'Baaghi': Sincere but lacklustre
- See Mohit Raina's merciless avatar in 'Ashoka'
- Bipasha Basu to marry Karan today
- Green corridor initiative is need of the hour
- Roberts doesn't 'always' enjoy
- look of Anushka Sharma in Sultan is a kick-ass look
- Bipasha looked like a fairy in her Mehndi ceremony
- Daughters are our continuity: Big B
Is it true that fashion affects the personality? but it has certain tendency to achieve so
Remember Freedom 251 from ringing bells at just Rs 251 which soon became an smartphone of