- Décor hacks: How to make small living space look largerAppreciation for 'Thithi' nothing short of miracle: Raam ReddyHome for 10 days, Priyanka Chopra to decide on next Hindi filmsIt was Love In Paris for Deepika-RanveerSunny Leone to romance Arbaaz Khan in 'Tera Intezaar'Shruti Haasan set for 'Sabaash Naidu' shootSeen great highs, lows and still soldiered onSachin launches clothing brand, Riteish walks the ramp for itGet picture-perfect smile with these simple tips!How can men get rid of pimples
Being excited for your favourite football team, rooting for them and suffering vicariously
Ahmadinejad hits out at 'capitalist' US elections Last Updated : 08 Nov 2012 01:00:38 PM IST Ahmadinejad hits out at 'capitalist' US elections
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Thursday labelled elections in the US as a "battleground for the capitalists" following Barack Obama's re-election as president.
An estimated USD 6 billion was spent in US federal races, making the 2012 general election the most expensive poll in American history, experts said.
Speaking on the opening day of the Bali Democracy Forum, a day after Obama was elected for a second term, Ahmadinejad said: "Just take a look at the situation in Europe and the US. "An election, which is one of the manifestations of the people's will, has become a battleground for the capitalists,and an excuse for hefty spending."
Ahmadinejad, who did not comment directly on Obama's re-election, also criticised "countries who claim to be the forerunners of democracy"."Slavery, colonialism and rights abuses continue to be imposed on human beings," he said.
Ahmadinejad, re-elected Iranian president in 2009 in a vote marred by allegations of fraud, is attending the Bali Democracy Forum for the first time.But critics have said that Tehran will use the meeting,which is being held for the fifth time, to try and end its growing isolation as sanctions over its nuclear programme bite.
A host of world leaders including Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard and Afghan President Hamid Karzai are also attending the forum.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director Raam Reddy, whose Kannada film “Thithi” won the National Film Award, says tha
- Would love to work with Vidya, Aditya: Kunaal Roy Kapur
- Subhash Ghai lauds Kapil Sharma for not disrespecting icons
- Sonam shocked with 'overreaction' over Tanmay Bhat's controversial video
- Ray would have used computers differently for illustrations
- 'Animation not yet considered storytelling medium'
- Katy Perry's Twitter account hacked
- Home for 10 days, Priyanka Chopra to decide on next Hindi films
- Amitabh Bachchan, Anupam Kher mourn producer Vikas Mohan's death
We imagine the Sun as a giant burning furnace that brings sunlight to us but NASA's Solar
E-cigarette use in Britain almost doubled in two years
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Consumer electronics and home appliances major Videocon on Tuesday launched 4G-enabled Kry