- Hema Malini injured in road accidentWhy children love Salman?Aashiqui girl's tell all autobiogrphyAbrar Nadiadwala entered Marathi filmKnow how to become famous on FacebookSuper-Hot teaser of 'Calendar Girls' out!Abhishek Bachchan's 'All is Well' trailer releasedAditi feels alone, neglected in BollywoodShahid\'s step mom reveals the inside story of wedding preparationsI would be slapped for telling my mom\'s age: SRK
Indian women go into Saturday's hockey encounter with Japan in the World League Semifinals
Ahmadinejad hits out at 'capitalist' US elections Last Updated : 08 Nov 2012 01:00:38 PM IST Ahmadinejad hits out at 'capitalist' US elections
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Thursday labelled elections in the US as a "battleground for the capitalists" following Barack Obama's re-election as president.
An estimated USD 6 billion was spent in US federal races, making the 2012 general election the most expensive poll in American history, experts said.
Speaking on the opening day of the Bali Democracy Forum, a day after Obama was elected for a second term, Ahmadinejad said: "Just take a look at the situation in Europe and the US. "An election, which is one of the manifestations of the people's will, has become a battleground for the capitalists,and an excuse for hefty spending."
Ahmadinejad, who did not comment directly on Obama's re-election, also criticised "countries who claim to be the forerunners of democracy"."Slavery, colonialism and rights abuses continue to be imposed on human beings," he said.
Ahmadinejad, re-elected Iranian president in 2009 in a vote marred by allegations of fraud, is attending the Bali Democracy Forum for the first time.But critics have said that Tehran will use the meeting,which is being held for the fifth time, to try and end its growing isolation as sanctions over its nuclear programme bite.
A host of world leaders including Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard and Afghan President Hamid Karzai are also attending the forum.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Superstar Aamir Khan is collaborating with Oscar-winning composer A R Rahman for his next
- Garam Dharam upset with media
- Varun-Shraddha's 'ABCD 2' nearing 100 crore
- Star studded screening for ‘Guddu Rangeela’
- Gaysil Naubert to choreograph
- Hansal Mehta to Make Sanjay Gandhi Biopic
- Pooja Bhatt refused 'Aashiqui' for love
- Who first came to meet Hema Malini after the accident?
- Nargis Fakhri to play Sangeeta Bijlani in biopic 'Azhar'
The state's Technical Education and Training Minister Ujjal Biswas said that the student s
Xiaomi the smartphone giant which offers great features at less prices has yet made anothe