- When Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'Wear the right shoe for the right occasion!Aamir Khan, McKellen discuss Shakespeare at MAMI Film Club launchYes, Virat Kohli and Anushka are backSee Sofia Hayat before she became a nunMedia has dishonoured Iulia: SalmanAyutthaya: Once a flourishing temple citySushmita celebrates 22 years of her Miss Universe winKangana Ranaut attends VERO MODA store launch, unveils new lineHot picks in accessories section this summer
India’s tennis stars Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna got their French Open campaign off to
Massachusetts Senate race:Elizabeth Warren beats Scott Brown Last Updated : 07 Nov 2012 03:23:16 PM IST Elizabeth Warren beats Scott Brown in Massachusetts Senate race
Democrat Elizabeth Warren, the Harvard Law professor who promised to battle for a struggling middle class, defeated incumbent Republican Scott Brown in the Massachusetts Senate race.
“This victory belongs to you,” she told jubiliant crowd at her headquarters in Boston. “You did this for every family that has been squeezed and hammered. We are going to fight for a level playing field and we are going to put people back to work. To all the small-business owners who are tired of a system rigged against them, we’re going to hold the big guys accountable.”
“You know what the most difficult part is?” Brown, who won over voters in this bluest of blue states with his considerable regular-guy charm, asked supporters Tuesday night. “I now have to be breaking the news to my truck that I’ll be taking it home.”
Warren made history as the first woman elected to serve as a US senator from Massachusetts.
Progressives cast the victory as a “historic moment” for working families, saying Warren would “shake up the corridors of power from Washington to Wall Street.” Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.) said it was not only “a big night for Massachusetts but an enormous night for our country.”
Warren said, “For every family that has been chipped and squeezed and hammered, we’re going to fight for a level playing field and we’re going to put people back to work.”
“To everyone who shared your hopes and dreams ... I will never forget. I will always carry your stories with me in my heart. I won’t just be your senator, I will be your champion,” she said.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Singer Arijit Singh apologised to Salman Khan on Facebook. However, the reason behind the
- When Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'
- Stars wish Karan Johar on birthday
- Why Arijit deletes his apology letter to Salman
- Watch: salman Khan film sultan trailer released
- Aamir Khan, McKellen discuss Shakespeare at MAMI Film Club launch
- This is how Ranbir will seduce Aishwarya in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- Yes, Virat Kohli and Anushka are back
- See Sofia Hayat before she became a nun
While playing with your pooch at home helps evoke love and compassion in you, researchers
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
Video: Man showed private parts in bus beaten by women
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Coolpad on Friday launched a new smartphone that comes wit