- It's January wedding for Kapil SharmaOutdoor games can make kids love natureNever put on so much weight before: Ranbir KapoorKnow more about Rani MukerjiI love, respect Sunil Grover: Kapil SharmaKareena's pic with Taimur will make your daySunny Leone excited to attend Justin Bieber's Mumbai concertCelebs attend Aishwarya's father funeralAmitabh mourns death of Aishwarya's fatherSunny Leone to endorse Dubai-based mobile brand
"The Man Who Became Khali," written in seemingly simple language, is a short memoir of the
Massachusetts Senate race:Elizabeth Warren beats Scott Brown Last Updated : 07 Nov 2012 03:23:16 PM IST Elizabeth Warren beats Scott Brown in Massachusetts Senate race
Democrat Elizabeth Warren, the Harvard Law professor who promised to battle for a struggling middle class, defeated incumbent Republican Scott Brown in the Massachusetts Senate race.
“This victory belongs to you,” she told jubiliant crowd at her headquarters in Boston. “You did this for every family that has been squeezed and hammered. We are going to fight for a level playing field and we are going to put people back to work. To all the small-business owners who are tired of a system rigged against them, we’re going to hold the big guys accountable.”
“You know what the most difficult part is?” Brown, who won over voters in this bluest of blue states with his considerable regular-guy charm, asked supporters Tuesday night. “I now have to be breaking the news to my truck that I’ll be taking it home.”
Warren made history as the first woman elected to serve as a US senator from Massachusetts.
Progressives cast the victory as a “historic moment” for working families, saying Warren would “shake up the corridors of power from Washington to Wall Street.” Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.) said it was not only “a big night for Massachusetts but an enormous night for our country.”
Warren said, “For every family that has been chipped and squeezed and hammered, we’re going to fight for a level playing field and we’re going to put people back to work.”
“To everyone who shared your hopes and dreams ... I will never forget. I will always carry your stories with me in my heart. I won’t just be your senator, I will be your champion,” she said.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Producer Bhushan Kumar says Akshay Kumar is the best choice to play the role of his late f
- Kanika adds personal touch to 'Diya Aur...' sequel
- Singer Papon invites Big B to Assam
- Need a block button for haters: Actor Sunny Leone
- PHOTOS: Salman, Katrina 'back together'
- B-Town attends Aishwarya Rai's father's chautha
- Sanjay Dutt ends up with rib fracture during 'Bhoomi' shoot
- Not chasing Hollywood dreams, Sonakshi Sinha
- When Anushka Sharma scared SRK at his house
A 97-year-old, who enrolled for a masters in economics here in 2015, has been recognise
Chinese smartphone maker nubia on Monday launched Z11 MINI S smartphone designed for photo