- Australia bags 5th World Cup titleDeepika bats for women equalityAditi Arya crowned Miss India 2015Saina becomes World No.1 woman shuttlerKatrina Kaif unveils her wax statue at Madame TussaudsSee Deepika-Ranbir pics when they were in loveRam Gopal Verma is happy that India lost the matchPICS:Modi, Satyarthi in greatest leaders list of FortuneTwitterati targets Anushka over Virat\'s poor showBajaj launches Pulsar RS 200
Top-seeded Indian Grandmaster Koneru Humpy scored a fine positional victory overTingjei Le
Massachusetts Senate race:Elizabeth Warren beats Scott Brown Last Updated : 07 Nov 2012 03:23:16 PM IST Elizabeth Warren beats Scott Brown in Massachusetts Senate race
Democrat Elizabeth Warren, the Harvard Law professor who promised to battle for a struggling middle class, defeated incumbent Republican Scott Brown in the Massachusetts Senate race.
“This victory belongs to you,” she told jubiliant crowd at her headquarters in Boston. “You did this for every family that has been squeezed and hammered. We are going to fight for a level playing field and we are going to put people back to work. To all the small-business owners who are tired of a system rigged against them, we’re going to hold the big guys accountable.”
“You know what the most difficult part is?” Brown, who won over voters in this bluest of blue states with his considerable regular-guy charm, asked supporters Tuesday night. “I now have to be breaking the news to my truck that I’ll be taking it home.”
Warren made history as the first woman elected to serve as a US senator from Massachusetts.
Progressives cast the victory as a “historic moment” for working families, saying Warren would “shake up the corridors of power from Washington to Wall Street.” Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.) said it was not only “a big night for Massachusetts but an enormous night for our country.”
Warren said, “For every family that has been chipped and squeezed and hammered, we’re going to fight for a level playing field and we’re going to put people back to work.”
“To everyone who shared your hopes and dreams ... I will never forget. I will always carry your stories with me in my heart. I won’t just be your senator, I will be your champion,” she said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood star Deepika Padukone, along with 98 other women from Mumbai have featured in a
- Shruti to face cheating Case
- Katrina Kaif unveils her wax statue at Madame Tussauds
- See Deepika-Ranbir pics when they were in love
- OMG! Shahid is marrying this year
- PICS:Ram Gopal Verma is happy that India lost the match
- Kim adopts new look
- Why Ranbir Kapoor's father feels guilty?
- Priyanka congratulates her 'Rival' Kangana!
A new study reveals the secret of why men likes to grow their beards.
Mobile commerce is likely to overtake e-commerce in the next few years, spurred by the con