- Top 5 Bollywood heroines of 2015Brazilian brunette spotted getting cozySee the wedding card invitations of the top Bollywood starsKapil taking break from 'Comedy Nights...'Salman Khan has fun on sets of Comedy Nights with KapilSunny Leone breaks silence over war of wordsRannvijay Singh praised co-host Sunny LeoneOMG! Leonardo di Caprio is Kareena Kapoor\'s dog!Karan Johar\'s most controversial statement everAmitabh Bachchan reaches 15 million fan following on Twitter
Novak Djokovic and Maria Sharapova breezed through at a sweltering Wimbledon on Wednesday
Pakistan: Parents say they murdered Daughter In 'Honor Killing' Last Updated : 06 Nov 2012 08:19:44 AM IST file photo
A Pakistani couple accused of killing their 15-year-old daughter by pouring acid on her carried out the attack because she sullied the family's honour by looking at a boy, the couple said.
The girl's death underlines the problem of so-called "honor killings" in Pakistan where women are often killed for marrying or having relationships not approved by their families or because they are perceived to have somehow .
Local police officer Tahir Ayub told the father, Mohammad Zafar, had had suspicions about his daughter Anvu Sha and became enraged when he saw her with a boy outside their home on Monday.
"Zafar beat her up and then poured acid over her with the help of his wife. She was badly burnt but they did not take her to hospital until the next morning, and she died on Wednesday," Mr Ayub said.
Mohammad Zafar and his wife Zaheen, recounted the Oct. 29 incident from jail. The father said the girl had turned to look at a boy who drove by on a motorcycle,and he told her it was wrong.
"She said 'I didn't do it on purpose. I won't look again.' By then I had already thrown the acid. It was her destiny to die this way," the girl's mother told the British broadcaster.
Doctor Mohammad Jahangir of the state run Kotli hospital confirmed the death, saying the girl was brought to hospital in a "very critical condition" with almost 70 percent burns.
Anvu Sha's married elder sister alerted police and demanded they investigate the incident in Khoi Ratta district, 140 kilometres (87 miles) north of the state capital Muzaffarabad.
"The parents have confessed, saying that they suspected the girl had illicit relations with a boy," Mr Ayub said. "We have registered a murder case against the girl's father and mother."
Pakistan is a deeply conservative country, where women, especially in poor rural areas, enjoy few rights and protection by the police.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Here is the list of the most successful Bollywood heroines of 2015.
- 'Masaan' opens sixth Jagran Film Festival
- Brazilian brunette spotted getting cozy
- See the wedding card invitations of the top Bollywood stars
- Kapil taking break from 'Comedy Nights...'
- Salman Khan has fun on sets of Comedy Nights with Kapil
- Sunny Leone breaks silence over war of words
- Rannvijay Singh praised co-host Sunny Leone
- I don't want to be defined by my sexuality: Amber Heard
The state's Technical Education and Training Minister Ujjal Biswas said that the student s
Xiaomi the smartphone giant which offers great features at less prices has yet made anothe