- Peerless Sachin Tendulkar now 41Obese virgin loses weight after sex accidentIPL misses Lalit ModiNow Uday Chopra, Nargis Fakhri getting married?Priyanka as saviour for Congress!Upcoming Bollywood movies in MayTrain enquiry on your mobile phoneSee Rani with her in-lawsKangana turns kissing machine in ‘Revolver Rani’Controversial Kisses Of Bollywood celebrities
Ivanovic, the World No. 12 and former French Open winner, needed just one hour to beat th
Pakistan: Parents say they murdered Daughter In 'Honor Killing' Last Updated : 06 Nov 2012 08:19:44 AM IST file photo
A Pakistani couple accused of killing their 15-year-old daughter by pouring acid on her carried out the attack because she sullied the family's honour by looking at a boy, the couple said.
The girl's death underlines the problem of so-called "honor killings" in Pakistan where women are often killed for marrying or having relationships not approved by their families or because they are perceived to have somehow .
Local police officer Tahir Ayub told the father, Mohammad Zafar, had had suspicions about his daughter Anvu Sha and became enraged when he saw her with a boy outside their home on Monday.
"Zafar beat her up and then poured acid over her with the help of his wife. She was badly burnt but they did not take her to hospital until the next morning, and she died on Wednesday," Mr Ayub said.
Mohammad Zafar and his wife Zaheen, recounted the Oct. 29 incident from jail. The father said the girl had turned to look at a boy who drove by on a motorcycle,and he told her it was wrong.
"She said 'I didn't do it on purpose. I won't look again.' By then I had already thrown the acid. It was her destiny to die this way," the girl's mother told the British broadcaster.
Doctor Mohammad Jahangir of the state run Kotli hospital confirmed the death, saying the girl was brought to hospital in a "very critical condition" with almost 70 percent burns.
Anvu Sha's married elder sister alerted police and demanded they investigate the incident in Khoi Ratta district, 140 kilometres (87 miles) north of the state capital Muzaffarabad.
"The parents have confessed, saying that they suspected the girl had illicit relations with a boy," Mr Ayub said. "We have registered a murder case against the girl's father and mother."
Pakistan is a deeply conservative country, where women, especially in poor rural areas, enjoy few rights and protection by the police.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Canadian pop musician Justin Bieber is in serious trouble after he visited controversial
- Watch Ranbir-Deepika's 'Tamasha'
- Now Uday Chopra, Nargis Fakhri getting married?
- Upcoming Bollywood movies in May
- Ranveer Singh endorsing safe sex, watch now
- See Rani with her in-laws
- Kangana turns kissing machine in ‘Revolver Rani’
- Controversial Kisses Of Bollywood celebrities
- Bollywood celebs arrive in Tampa Bay
Gregg Casarona used to be an obese virgin who had a very embarrassing first ever sex exper
Homegrown handset maker Micromax on Tuesday launched its new six-inch phablet 'Canvas Dood