- SRK did not want to use word 'Gerua'PM Modi Mobbed by Media for 'Selfie''Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleastUnknown facts about Yami GautamCamera loved Smita Patil: Shyam BenegalPhiladelphia's thanksgiving paradeKnow why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed RidhimaMy brand of romance different from SRK: Emraan Hashmi'Tamasha' a distinctive love story
A bus carrying Argentina's hockey team was accidentally hit by a stone in Chhattisgarh's c
Indian Parliamentary delegation in Pakistan for SAARC meet Last Updated : 04 Nov 2012 03:27:55 PM IST Indian Parliamentary delegation in Pakistan for SAARC meet
Delegations from India, Sri Lanka,Bangladesh, Maldives, Afghanistan and Bhutan arrived in the Pakistani capital on Sunday to attend the sixth conference of the Association of SAARC Speakers and Parliamentarians .
SAARC will focus on issues like meaningful participatory democracy and food security in South Asia.
President Asif Ali Zardari will inaugurate the three-day meet, the main objective of which is to strengthen people-to-people contacts to foster mutual understanding,trust and friendship in the region.
The Indian delegation is being led by Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar, who had made a considerable impact on Pakistani politicians during a bilateral visit to Islamabad in February.
Faisal Karim Kundi, the Deputy Speaker of Pakistan's National Assembly or lower house of Parliament, said in a statement that the conference will promote a positive image of Pakistan and the participants will be informed about the Parliament's performance over the past four years.
Speakers and Parliamentarians of the region will discuss a host of issues related to regional cooperation, promotion of democratic values and good governance. The conference will also focus on meaningful participatory democracy in South Asia, food security in the region and Parliament's role in accomplishing the Millennium Development Goals.
It is also a forum for exchanging ideas and information on Parliamentary practices and procedures. The conference supports the work of SAARC and promotes knowledge of its principles and activities among parliamentarians of South Asia.
The first conference of the SAARC Speakers and Parliamentarians was held in New Delhi in 1995. The current conference is being hosted by National Assembly Speaker Fehmida Mirza, who led the Pakistani delegation to the last meet held in New Delhi in July 2011.
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Why was SRK hesitant in using the word Gerua in one of his songs?
- Not interested in awards: 'Baahubali' director
- 'Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1
- Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleast
- Unknown facts about Yami Gautam
- Camera loved Smita Patil: Shyam Benegal
- Know why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed Ridhima
- My brand of romance different from SRK: Emraan Hashmi
- 'Tamasha' a distinctive love story
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl