- Panasonic launches P66 Mega at Rs.7,990Meet World's sexiest top modelEmraan gifts 'Azhar' first look to Azharuddin on b'dayKatrina offers prayers at Ajmer dargahVarun Dhawan in Sushant-Kriti starrerWatch Out: Salman Khan sans moustache in 'Sultan'Chocolate Day Wallpapers and Facebook imagesPics: Akshay Kumar's sister Alka gets marriedTips for the perfect V-Day dateFirst Look of erotic sex thriller 'Single X'
Star player Joshna Chinappa clinched the gold in women's individual squash after beating M
Indian Parliamentary delegation in Pakistan for SAARC meet Last Updated : 04 Nov 2012 03:27:55 PM IST Indian Parliamentary delegation in Pakistan for SAARC meet
Delegations from India, Sri Lanka,Bangladesh, Maldives, Afghanistan and Bhutan arrived in the Pakistani capital on Sunday to attend the sixth conference of the Association of SAARC Speakers and Parliamentarians .
SAARC will focus on issues like meaningful participatory democracy and food security in South Asia.
President Asif Ali Zardari will inaugurate the three-day meet, the main objective of which is to strengthen people-to-people contacts to foster mutual understanding,trust and friendship in the region.
The Indian delegation is being led by Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar, who had made a considerable impact on Pakistani politicians during a bilateral visit to Islamabad in February.
Faisal Karim Kundi, the Deputy Speaker of Pakistan's National Assembly or lower house of Parliament, said in a statement that the conference will promote a positive image of Pakistan and the participants will be informed about the Parliament's performance over the past four years.
Speakers and Parliamentarians of the region will discuss a host of issues related to regional cooperation, promotion of democratic values and good governance. The conference will also focus on meaningful participatory democracy in South Asia, food security in the region and Parliament's role in accomplishing the Millennium Development Goals.
It is also a forum for exchanging ideas and information on Parliamentary practices and procedures. The conference supports the work of SAARC and promotes knowledge of its principles and activities among parliamentarians of South Asia.
The first conference of the SAARC Speakers and Parliamentarians was held in New Delhi in 1995. The current conference is being hosted by National Assembly Speaker Fehmida Mirza, who led the Pakistani delegation to the last meet held in New Delhi in July 2011.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Taapsee Pannu have no Yash Raj project in her pocket.
- Why Deepika Padukone is the luckiest women?
- Revealed: Why Anushka declined Kohli's marriage proposal?
- Shahid forced Karan Johar to do this for his ex Kareena Kapoor
- Emraan gifts 'Azhar' first look to Azharuddin on b'day
- Katrina offers prayers at Ajmer dargah
- Nawazuddin to star in Sohail Khan's next
- Varun Dhawan in Sushant-Kriti starrer
- Watch Out: Salman Khan sans moustache in 'Sultan'
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Panasonic launches P66 Mega smartphone at Rs. 7,990 in New Delhi on Tuesday.