- Kajol and Karan Johar bitter spatAamir U-turn on Rani Mukerji\'s MardaaniPoonam Pandey sheds her clothes for Ice Bucket ChallengeBachchan's cheer for KabaddiFurore over Kunal Khemu\'s controversial \'shiva\' tattooGauahar-Kushal relationship on the rocksTop con films of BollywoodGlobal Honour for King KhanKajol\'s day outPics: Katrina Kaif is voted the Sexiest Woman Alive
Russian tennis superstar Maria Sharapova booked her US Open third-round berth with a gri
Indian Parliamentary delegation in Pakistan for SAARC meet Last Updated : 04 Nov 2012 03:27:55 PM IST Indian Parliamentary delegation in Pakistan for SAARC meet
Delegations from India, Sri Lanka,Bangladesh, Maldives, Afghanistan and Bhutan arrived in the Pakistani capital on Sunday to attend the sixth conference of the Association of SAARC Speakers and Parliamentarians .
SAARC will focus on issues like meaningful participatory democracy and food security in South Asia.
President Asif Ali Zardari will inaugurate the three-day meet, the main objective of which is to strengthen people-to-people contacts to foster mutual understanding,trust and friendship in the region.
The Indian delegation is being led by Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar, who had made a considerable impact on Pakistani politicians during a bilateral visit to Islamabad in February.
Faisal Karim Kundi, the Deputy Speaker of Pakistan's National Assembly or lower house of Parliament, said in a statement that the conference will promote a positive image of Pakistan and the participants will be informed about the Parliament's performance over the past four years.
Speakers and Parliamentarians of the region will discuss a host of issues related to regional cooperation, promotion of democratic values and good governance. The conference will also focus on meaningful participatory democracy in South Asia, food security in the region and Parliament's role in accomplishing the Millennium Development Goals.
It is also a forum for exchanging ideas and information on Parliamentary practices and procedures. The conference supports the work of SAARC and promotes knowledge of its principles and activities among parliamentarians of South Asia.
The first conference of the SAARC Speakers and Parliamentarians was held in New Delhi in 1995. The current conference is being hosted by National Assembly Speaker Fehmida Mirza, who led the Pakistani delegation to the last meet held in New Delhi in July 2011.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Once known as industry's closest buddies, Karan Johar and Kajol are not friends anymore
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt to shoot intimate scenes for film?
- Aamir U-turn on Rani Mukerji's Mardaani
- Poonam Pandey sheds her clothes for Ice Bucket Challenge
- Bachchan's cheer for Kabaddi
- Furore over Kunal Khemu's controversial 'shiva' tattoo
- Gauahar-Kushal relationship on the rocks
- Top con films of Bollywood
- Global Honour for King Khan
Half-naked revellers pelted each other with tomatoes and bathed in red goo in Spain's Toma
Xiaomi will be launching its affordable smartphone Redmi 1s in India on Sept 2.