- Ten reasons to watch M.S. Dhoni: An Untold StoryEnergy drinks may increase risk of drink drivingDon't want to do destructive roles: JohnLove is a feeling beyond your control: Ranbir KapoorWho is Salman Khan's duplicate?Get Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's make-up look this festive season!Sonakshi and John unveil the poster of 'Force 2', trailer to be released tonigh..Shilpa Shetty pens down her second book on recipesThings to keep in mind while travelling with dogsInside pics of Ranbir Kapoor birthday
Abhishek Yadav's last minute goal gave India a 5-4 victory in their final game against hos
Indian Parliamentary delegation in Pakistan for SAARC meet Last Updated : 04 Nov 2012 03:27:55 PM IST Indian Parliamentary delegation in Pakistan for SAARC meet
Delegations from India, Sri Lanka,Bangladesh, Maldives, Afghanistan and Bhutan arrived in the Pakistani capital on Sunday to attend the sixth conference of the Association of SAARC Speakers and Parliamentarians .
SAARC will focus on issues like meaningful participatory democracy and food security in South Asia.
President Asif Ali Zardari will inaugurate the three-day meet, the main objective of which is to strengthen people-to-people contacts to foster mutual understanding,trust and friendship in the region.
The Indian delegation is being led by Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar, who had made a considerable impact on Pakistani politicians during a bilateral visit to Islamabad in February.
Faisal Karim Kundi, the Deputy Speaker of Pakistan's National Assembly or lower house of Parliament, said in a statement that the conference will promote a positive image of Pakistan and the participants will be informed about the Parliament's performance over the past four years.
Speakers and Parliamentarians of the region will discuss a host of issues related to regional cooperation, promotion of democratic values and good governance. The conference will also focus on meaningful participatory democracy in South Asia, food security in the region and Parliament's role in accomplishing the Millennium Development Goals.
It is also a forum for exchanging ideas and information on Parliamentary practices and procedures. The conference supports the work of SAARC and promotes knowledge of its principles and activities among parliamentarians of South Asia.
The first conference of the SAARC Speakers and Parliamentarians was held in New Delhi in 1995. The current conference is being hosted by National Assembly Speaker Fehmida Mirza, who led the Pakistani delegation to the last meet held in New Delhi in July 2011.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Heartbroken Alia, who recently got separated from actor Sidharth Malhotra, wanted solice a
- 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story': Chugs along touching right nerve
- Meet: Chef-cum-Poet Vikas Khanna
- Erica Fernades excited to dress as a bride
- See Pics: Who looked best dressed actress at GQ Awards 2016.
- 'Craze for Dhoni biopic more than any sportsman-based film'
- Are Pakistani artistes terrorists, asks Salman
- Harshvardhan very special to me: Saiyami Kher
- Not playing Pakistani journalist in 'Noor': Sonakshi Sinha
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
The Chinese internet and technology conglomerate LeEco is offering its disruptive smaret