- Salman to don astronaut look for show promoAll my roles had potential to stereotype me: SwaraKnow more about Neha DhupiaShahid-Mira: Journey from lovers to parentsJacqueline turns showstopper for Rajesh SinghJhanvi-Sara might star with Tiger in SOTY 2Review: Mechanic ResurrectionOMG!!! Ranbir is mocking Katrina's text messages???While kissing in 'A Flying Jat', Jacqualine-Tiger refused to hear cutShahid-Mira to announce good news soon
Badminton Association of India (BAI) president Akhilesh Das Gupta on Saturday welcomed Pri
Indian Parliamentary delegation in Pakistan for SAARC meet Last Updated : 04 Nov 2012 03:27:55 PM IST Indian Parliamentary delegation in Pakistan for SAARC meet
Delegations from India, Sri Lanka,Bangladesh, Maldives, Afghanistan and Bhutan arrived in the Pakistani capital on Sunday to attend the sixth conference of the Association of SAARC Speakers and Parliamentarians .
SAARC will focus on issues like meaningful participatory democracy and food security in South Asia.
President Asif Ali Zardari will inaugurate the three-day meet, the main objective of which is to strengthen people-to-people contacts to foster mutual understanding,trust and friendship in the region.
The Indian delegation is being led by Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar, who had made a considerable impact on Pakistani politicians during a bilateral visit to Islamabad in February.
Faisal Karim Kundi, the Deputy Speaker of Pakistan's National Assembly or lower house of Parliament, said in a statement that the conference will promote a positive image of Pakistan and the participants will be informed about the Parliament's performance over the past four years.
Speakers and Parliamentarians of the region will discuss a host of issues related to regional cooperation, promotion of democratic values and good governance. The conference will also focus on meaningful participatory democracy in South Asia, food security in the region and Parliament's role in accomplishing the Millennium Development Goals.
It is also a forum for exchanging ideas and information on Parliamentary practices and procedures. The conference supports the work of SAARC and promotes knowledge of its principles and activities among parliamentarians of South Asia.
The first conference of the SAARC Speakers and Parliamentarians was held in New Delhi in 1995. The current conference is being hosted by National Assembly Speaker Fehmida Mirza, who led the Pakistani delegation to the last meet held in New Delhi in July 2011.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Music director and singer Vishal Dadlani on Sunday said he quit the Aam Aadmi Party on his
- Amber Rose has no count of her sex partners
- Subha wants to do women-oriented project
- Koratala Siva, Mahesh Babu to team up next
- Riteish, Malaika turn showstopper for designer Shantanu, Nikhil at LFW
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Cara Delevingne goes bottomless to raise awareness about cancer
- Construction worker dies on 'Blade Runner' sequel set
- Don't want quick success: Sayani Gupta
A 53-year-old woman was killed while descending a 3,000-feet mountain after her husband u
US tech giant Apple is planning to remove the physical Touch ID button below the screen an