- Pam Anderson again files for divorce from hubby Rick SalomonHate Story 2's Surveen Chawla strikes a pose for MaximGuess who this Kapoor girl is: Latest Bollywood star kidRitesh Deshmukh defeats Kapil SharmaSurveen Chawla\'s real behind the scene mastiPics: Katie Holmes goes topless for Glamor magazineTop ten Aamir Khan moviesCandid confessions of Bollywood starsPooja Bedi's beautiful daughter Aalia has eyes set on BollywoodAnushka Sharma adds 35kgs of weight
Indian badminton icon Prakash Padukone has voiced his reluctance to the idea of changing
Indian Parliamentary delegation in Pakistan for SAARC meet Last Updated : 04 Nov 2012 03:27:55 PM IST Indian Parliamentary delegation in Pakistan for SAARC meet
Delegations from India, Sri Lanka,Bangladesh, Maldives, Afghanistan and Bhutan arrived in the Pakistani capital on Sunday to attend the sixth conference of the Association of SAARC Speakers and Parliamentarians .
SAARC will focus on issues like meaningful participatory democracy and food security in South Asia.
President Asif Ali Zardari will inaugurate the three-day meet, the main objective of which is to strengthen people-to-people contacts to foster mutual understanding,trust and friendship in the region.
The Indian delegation is being led by Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar, who had made a considerable impact on Pakistani politicians during a bilateral visit to Islamabad in February.
Faisal Karim Kundi, the Deputy Speaker of Pakistan's National Assembly or lower house of Parliament, said in a statement that the conference will promote a positive image of Pakistan and the participants will be informed about the Parliament's performance over the past four years.
Speakers and Parliamentarians of the region will discuss a host of issues related to regional cooperation, promotion of democratic values and good governance. The conference will also focus on meaningful participatory democracy in South Asia, food security in the region and Parliament's role in accomplishing the Millennium Development Goals.
It is also a forum for exchanging ideas and information on Parliamentary practices and procedures. The conference supports the work of SAARC and promotes knowledge of its principles and activities among parliamentarians of South Asia.
The first conference of the SAARC Speakers and Parliamentarians was held in New Delhi in 1995. The current conference is being hosted by National Assembly Speaker Fehmida Mirza, who led the Pakistani delegation to the last meet held in New Delhi in July 2011.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The Baywatch star Pamela Anderson has yet again filed for divorce from Rick Salomon after
- Hate Story 2's Surveen Chawla strikes a pose for Maxim
- Guess who this Kapoor girl is: Latest Bollywood star kid
- Ritesh Deshmukh defeats Kapil Sharma
- Surveen Chawla's real behind the scene masti
- Pics: Katie Holmes goes topless for Glamor magazine
- Top ten Aamir Khan movies
- Candid confessions of Bollywood stars
- Pooja Bedi's beautiful daughter Aalia has eyes set on Bollywood
What happens when you purchase your favorite ice cream but are left shocked to find a dead
With smartphones turning ubiquitous as these have become one of the most indispensable ite