- Me and Hrithik were not holidaying together: SussanneKareena shoots first ad post pregnancy newsFawad, Deepika turn muse for Manish MalhotraHockey legend Mohammed Shahid passes awayB'Day Special: Controversial Shweta Basu is Naseeruddin Shah's co star in Inter..Facebook,Twitter, Bigg Boss, Mumbai Blast, Tsunami turning 10 this year.When I was 13: Rahul Bose takes celebs down memory laneSocial media trolls don't affect me anymore: Anushka SharmaI'm one of the rare breed of directors: Nishikant KamatDeepika wishes 'kindest, generous' Vin Diesel on birthday
Launching the Reliance Foundation Youth Sports initiative, Prime Minister Narendra Modi ur
Indian Parliamentary delegation in Pakistan for SAARC meet Last Updated : 04 Nov 2012 03:27:55 PM IST Indian Parliamentary delegation in Pakistan for SAARC meet
Delegations from India, Sri Lanka,Bangladesh, Maldives, Afghanistan and Bhutan arrived in the Pakistani capital on Sunday to attend the sixth conference of the Association of SAARC Speakers and Parliamentarians .
SAARC will focus on issues like meaningful participatory democracy and food security in South Asia.
President Asif Ali Zardari will inaugurate the three-day meet, the main objective of which is to strengthen people-to-people contacts to foster mutual understanding,trust and friendship in the region.
The Indian delegation is being led by Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar, who had made a considerable impact on Pakistani politicians during a bilateral visit to Islamabad in February.
Faisal Karim Kundi, the Deputy Speaker of Pakistan's National Assembly or lower house of Parliament, said in a statement that the conference will promote a positive image of Pakistan and the participants will be informed about the Parliament's performance over the past four years.
Speakers and Parliamentarians of the region will discuss a host of issues related to regional cooperation, promotion of democratic values and good governance. The conference will also focus on meaningful participatory democracy in South Asia, food security in the region and Parliament's role in accomplishing the Millennium Development Goals.
It is also a forum for exchanging ideas and information on Parliamentary practices and procedures. The conference supports the work of SAARC and promotes knowledge of its principles and activities among parliamentarians of South Asia.
The first conference of the SAARC Speakers and Parliamentarians was held in New Delhi in 1995. The current conference is being hosted by National Assembly Speaker Fehmida Mirza, who led the Pakistani delegation to the last meet held in New Delhi in July 2011.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Vijay Raaz, who plays the lead in the upcoming film "Mission Tiger" on saving tiger
- Rukmini Vijayakumar joins Mani Ratnam's 'Kaatru Veliyidai'
- 'Why no plus-size models in India?'
- Nagarjuna turns singer for 'Nirmala Convent'
- Yami Gautam flaunts bridal avatar at ICW 2016
- When Divya Khosla Kumar felt like a bride all over again
- Qandeel's brother undergoes polygraph test
- Did Sunny Leone actually sing the National Anthem incorrectly?
- When Aditya Chopra told Ranveer to act like himself
We humans are always cross the limits ― in events like skydiving, downhill skiing, car r
A US-based startup has launched a smart laptop shell that turns your Android smartphone i